PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled '87 episodes?

thundermaster612
03-18-2016, 04:14 PM
I was looking for an episode to watch on the wiki and I found out theres a new tab called cancelled episodes
Look at it https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_(1987_TV_seri es)_episodes
Like, are there any released bits of them? Any more info? It looks like the episode 'Mine Mine Mine' was completed, is there somewhere to see it? I need more info

neatoman
03-18-2016, 04:23 PM
That's interesting, it mentions some of the cancelled episodes would feature a red dragon named Drako. It's interesting because we got a character matching that description in the 2003 series, maybe he was designed back then but was never implemented in any form until then? Maybe that's the reason they were cancelled, they used a toy that wasn't produced?
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/e/ea/Drako.png/revision/latest?cb=20081031052204

CyberCubed
03-18-2016, 04:26 PM
Many cartoons have scripts that never get past the first or second drafts and are then abandoned. This is nothing new, do you realize how many script proposals a cartoon gets? They can only make a set amount of episodes a season so unused scripts are axed.

Icebot
03-18-2016, 05:41 PM
That's interesting, it mentions some of the cancelled episodes would feature a red dragon named Drako. It's interesting because we got a character matching that description in the 2003 series, maybe he was designed back then but was never implemented in any form until then? Maybe that's the reason they were cancelled, they used a toy that wasn't produced?
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/e/ea/Drako.png/revision/latest?cb=20081031052204

There actually is a character named Drako in the old toon episode The Starchild (not a red dragon but a space alien, I could be wrong but I think it's spelled Draco). I wonder if this is what led to Draco being in The Starchild.

Xav
03-18-2016, 05:50 PM
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/e/ea/Drako.png/revision/latest?cb=20081031052204I call BS on this. They lack zero sources and there already was a character called Drako in the 1987 series.

Powder
03-18-2016, 07:22 PM
Yeah & all that stuff is freely editable. Lord knows those with more than a few screws loose like to create fake TMNT stuff all the time.

CyberCubed
03-18-2016, 07:24 PM
I think the only title people found of a canceled episode was, "Shredder in Love" which sounds like it was probably some early/mid Season 4 episode.

Sounds like a sequel to "Green with Jealousy" where Krang made a love potion and the Turtles accidentally fell in love with Irma. The show was known for re-using plots so I wouldn't be surprised if that title was legit and Shredder got affected this time.

Prowler
03-18-2016, 08:49 PM
I remember reading about a script for a FW episode that never saw the light of the day. An episode bearing the title "Shredder In Love" or something like that.

Could have been a memorable funny episode, I suppose.

Ninjinister
03-18-2016, 10:59 PM
Yeah & all that stuff is freely editable. Lord knows those with more than a few screws loose like to create fake TMNT stuff all the time.

The bane of my existence, they are.

pferreira
03-24-2016, 03:50 PM
The bane of my existence, they are.Haven't fans been trying to account for the four or five missing production codes, one of which is Shredder in Love?

MikeandRaph87
03-24-2016, 05:12 PM
Yes,but I will not believe it until David Wise confirms it.

thundermaster612
03-24-2016, 06:38 PM
Can someone actually try to reach out to him and ask?
P.S. thanks to whoever made the tag

Ninjinister
03-24-2016, 06:47 PM
Haven't fans been trying to account for the four or five missing production codes, one of which is Shredder in Love?

I dunno this is the first I've ever heard of anything like this. What the heck does that have to do with what I said?

pferreira
03-31-2016, 02:22 PM
I dunno this is the first I've ever heard of anything like this. What the heck does that have to do with what I said?Missing Ninja Turtles episodes. Reminded me of the whole production code/missing episodes conspiracy from a while back.

pferreira
03-31-2016, 02:24 PM
Can someone actually try to reach out to him and ask?
P.S. thanks to whoever made the tagHe doesn't respond to my Facebook messages any more. Considering I'm a big 80s Turtles fan I can't think why. :lol:

Considering Jack Mendelson and Francis Moss were in charge during Season 4 best to ask them.