PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Batman v Superman thread

NinjaPug
03-20-2016, 01:34 PM
With the movie being released this week can we get the BvS thread in the TV & Movies section unlocked?

CyberCubed
03-20-2016, 03:55 PM
Just make a new review thread.

CyberCubed
03-20-2016, 09:22 PM
How about I just make a new thread? Yes? No? Maybe so?

Commenter 42
03-20-2016, 09:23 PM
upvoted.

10char

EDIT.

First fan review tweets are popping up. The DC fanboys are full of joy.

CyberCubed
03-20-2016, 09:28 PM
Leo must be proud.

Commenter 42
03-20-2016, 09:31 PM
Of what, getting the last thread locked?

I'm sure he is.

CyberCubed
03-20-2016, 09:43 PM
Of what, getting the last thread locked?

I'm sure he is.

That thread was locked long after he left though.

Commenter 42
03-20-2016, 11:10 PM
That thread was locked long after he left though.

unhun...he's still hanging around apparently. If he can get his big boy pants back on and have a normal convo, great, but posthumously getting threads locked is awful petty.

We were all being really civil - there was no need, aside from an apparent flood of messages to the mods....

It doesn't matter at this point, really. It would be nice though to take the numerous PM convos I've been getting, and bring them all together for a fun discussion. This will undoubtable be one of the more hotly debated CBM's, and worth a fun discussion.

Seriously, I think it's going to be tough to top the action (read as action, not bad green screen whip pans and effects) from DD season 2.
It's crazy how, in the right hands DD was compelling and fantastic on screen, compared to the abysmal Affleck version.

plastroncafe
03-21-2016, 01:18 AM
Totally threadjacking this one:

I'm only on episode 4, and the only complaint I have isn't really a complaint at all because I find Charlie Cox so damn endearing. But...boy his American is slipping a lot this season. Especially anytime he says anything with a long "i" sound in it. Like...Irish.

So good. So damn good. So way better than probably any other Superhero thing coming out this year. Including Batman, which...yeah no. Let that thread stay locked. Good riddance.

Commenter 42
03-21-2016, 01:23 AM
Totally threadjacking this one:

I'm only on episode 4, and the only complaint I have isn't really a complaint at all because I find Charlie Cox so damn endearing. But...boy his American is slipping a lot this season. Especially anytime he says anything with a long "i" sound in it. Like...Irish.

So good. So damn good. So way better than probably any other Superhero thing coming out this year. Including Batman, which...yeah no. Let that thread stay locked. Good riddance.

HA!!!

I agree - but also, I think it's important for the BVS fans to know what BVS could have been, or at least, why Affleck is a hack.

compare the devils...Cox wins, easy.

plastroncafe
03-21-2016, 01:35 AM
See there we disagree. I love Affleck, and not just cuz he's a townie boy. Okay, so maybe there is a bit of that...

I thought he was a great Matt Murdock, and if that movie had been the most recent run of She-Hulk? It would have been amazing. But Affleck had the same problem Bale did, great at being the man under the mask , way less great than the man actually in the mask.

I think he might be a better Batman this time around than a Bruce Wayne. Which would be interesting. But I will never know until that god-awful movie comes out on Netflix.

Commenter 42
03-21-2016, 01:50 AM
Yeah, I love Boston, It's great; but I've never like that guy, so maybe I have the inverse relationship to him...:p
For me, it's that DD never really grabbed me, I read a few comics, watched the movie...all forgettable.

But this series, they're three dimensional characters! Like actually! Not 2.5 D...fully fleshed out. It has flaws (you're not there yet, we'll talk when you're done the whole series), but the flaws are sort of forgivable...

I don't know...like I said somewhere else...it's not perfect, like Better call Saul; definitely not a master work - but it has moments of greatness, mind boggling awesome, like DD himself. I appreciate the struggle, and theres so much of it. He feels like he has to work that much harder to be a hero. I kinda love that.

Affleck, he's walking through the scene...I don't buy a moment of him being anything other than Affleck.

Also, the broke blind kid, trying to do the right thing, Vs some 1% rich kid...

My heart goes to the Devil.

plastroncafe
03-21-2016, 08:56 AM
Agreed. Daredevil is yet another Marvel property I would never have given the time of day to were it not for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

CyberCubed
03-21-2016, 12:45 PM
If nobody makes a new thread by the 25th, I will.

GoldMutant
03-21-2016, 01:56 PM
Considering the arguments C42 between you and Leo before Krutch joined in, that's how I see why the thread went up in smokes. It turned way too much into a Man of Steel assumption based thread from certain people and belittling opinions if they don't match. It's the same thing as... well a good amount of the movie threads or even the game threads from time to time. I'm not taking Leo's side on the matter as I personally am indifferent to the movie, but the arguments spiraled too far out of control which led to the thread's end.

Not saying anyone is truly at fault, but that's why it died personally. Odds are it'll happen again if anyone makes another thread; yes, I get we all have different opinions, but it escalated too far. Why recreate something if history is destined to repeat itself? Do I agree with everyone's opinion? No, but I see where they're coming from and considering how far it went, what would be the point?

Not saying it's anyone's fault again, but it's my two cents from what I've seen on the thread.

Netkeeper
03-21-2016, 02:29 PM
If people would agree not to mention Man of Steel in the Batman vs Superman thread, I think it'll probably be okay.

Not that I believe people would agree to such a thing, or go back on their agreement.

plastroncafe
03-21-2016, 02:34 PM
So....we can't mention the prequel to a movie in the discussion about the movie.
Can we extend this logic to other threads?

GoldMutant
03-21-2016, 03:29 PM
The problem as I said plastron was it wasn't about the movie anymore, it turned into the same points repeated over and over again. It's beyond repetitious anf just beating the dead horse constantly. I'm not expecting news all the time, but honestly, anyone who claims they like Man of Steel are just denounced by some, and those who didn't like it.....

It's the same pattern regardless, it spiraled out of control. Any issues with Man of Steel should have been moved to a new thread, not destroy a thread someone may want to read. Instead of discussion on the movie, we get the same points hammered into our skulls. Honestly, it couldn't have been difficult to just make another thread called Man of Steel Discussion or How would you fix Man of Steel?. Such a simple resolution that didn't occur.

If you want to speculate, go ahead, but denouncing any views on the film and instead focusing on the prequel to prove a point? I did see discussion before with the trailers, toys, and hell concept art so what the hell happened?

plastroncafe
03-21-2016, 03:39 PM
I know the point you're making, and not just because you make the exact same point twice in a post about not liking repetition.

What I'm asking is there some way we could extend this proposed clause to other threads?

GoldMutant
03-21-2016, 03:47 PM
Apologies on me repeating myself. I say yes, there's the obvious report the post as spam and move on. Or, maybe something else entirely?

plastroncafe
03-21-2016, 03:52 PM
That's not going to stop people from trying to talk about what they want to talk about. That assumes good faith on the part of all participants, and we do not have that here. At all.

Even the most vocal proponent of this movie was famous for $hitposting in threads he didn't care about.

Candy Kappa
03-21-2016, 04:52 PM
This better be in the movie.

2Yo0MGR2kmA

Commenter 42
03-21-2016, 05:35 PM
So to summarize, we have a bunch of cowards telling us what we can and can't say about a stupid movie, a movie that's supposed to be about heroes?
Sorry, let me amend that; A few gutless little thugs think they're going to run me off the board, by overwhelming the mods with nonsense complaints? Is that the gist?

I think that sort of fascist crap has no place here.
Involve the Mods, keep ringing that bell, I'm sure they have nothing better to do than to solve your problems for you.

No one's broken the rules here, maybe bent them, but no more than anyone else.
Grow up, and stop abusing the mods.

Anyway. This is now a thread about BVS, and we're going to talk about the movie. If you disagree with my opinion, great, have at me; if you can't deal with it, move along.

Commenter 42
03-21-2016, 08:46 PM
Snyder speaks out about his decision to not cast Grant Gustin (http://collider.com/the-flash-zack-snyder-grant-gustin/).

I'm not a big fan of that DC show - but I think if given the chance, Gustin could be much more. Ezra Miller is a great actor, but a super douche flake in interviews.
Hard to imagine him pulling off a likable character.

I guess I just se the flash being more like this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxgZvyKIcAAJrie.jpg

Netkeeper
03-21-2016, 09:07 PM
Anyway. This is now a thread about BVS, and we're going to talk about the movie.
lmfao, you are a joke. You have no say in what a thread is or isn't about, you aren't a moderator so stop acting like you are.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-21-2016, 09:42 PM
Commenter, stop being so combative. Your attitude doesn't put faith in the hearts of the mods that it can be a civil thread.

If anything you've convinced them - and me - that's it's better off locked for now. You're like the TrickOrTreater of BvS. You only want to say **** about it. Which is all right, per se, but it came to a point where you were looking for any excuse to stop by the thread and remind everyone how you just hate the DCEU, or at least dislike it enough to talk about it on a TMNT board. Heck, you're still doing it now. Stop throwing your nonexistent weight around and just wait for things to cool off, like a normal person.

Incidentally, spoilers for the film have begun to leak and if you thought Snyder got Superman's character bad, just wait 'till you see what he's done to Batman (allegedly, according to Reddit). It's... just awful.

Anyway. This is now a thread about BVS, and we're going to talk about the movie.

Not anymore.

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/986/9866256/2524925-9674324711-24144.png

If Commenter 42 can change the thread topic, then so can I! Come on guys, what are your favorite Spidey moments?

GoldMutant
03-21-2016, 09:47 PM
Not anymore.

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/986/9866256/2524925-9674324711-24144.png

If Commenter 42 can change the thread topic, then so can I! Come on guys, what are your favorite Spidey moments?

(We really should make a superhero appreciation thread in the future. Also, the Aunt May speech from Spider-Man 2 stands as one of my favorite moments, but back on topic.)

At the very least, TrickorTreater at least gives us entertainment while maintaining his hatred for PD TMNT. Commentator, fact is you could have made the thread about Man of Steel and didn't. I may not agree with someone's stance, but this was ridiculous. Why revive a thread if the same nonsense will occur; also, anyone who may like the DC Extended Universe will be antagonized by you. There's no point.

Edit: How long do you think it'll take until this thread gets locked too?

Commenter 42
WTF is wrong with you both. the NAME OF THE THREAD is Batman V Superman. I'm not changing anything. It is what it is. I didn't even start the thread!

FFS, You act Like I'm the one who ruined the DCU.

Cure
I like when Spider-Man web swings.

Commenter 42
03-21-2016, 09:50 PM
Oh good, everybody, all at once.

Bring it, this is fun.

CyberCubed
03-21-2016, 11:27 PM
Don't worry guys, I've got you covered. If the old thread isn't unlocked by the 25th I'll make a brand new review thread. Its not like we can't have a new thread when the movie comes out, so just let the old one die.

Turo602
03-21-2016, 11:36 PM
That thread was a cesspool. Why revive it if it's just going to turn into the same joke it was before?

Netkeeper
03-22-2016, 06:53 AM
That thread was a cesspool. Why revive it if it's just going to turn into the same joke it was before?
Because some members of this forum want to have another shot at showing the dromers that like Man of Steel how big their dicks are.

Commenter 42
03-22-2016, 07:09 AM
New article from Forbes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robsalkowitz/2016/03/18/warner-brothers-destroyed-supermans-brand-for-their-new-franchise-will-it-pay-off/2/#373084825d68

Netkeeper
03-22-2016, 07:21 AM
I don't got time for a ****** website that tries to make me turn off my adblocker, **** that.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-22-2016, 07:46 AM
I like when Spider-Man web swings.

Do you prefer the classic Spidey web-slinging wristband things, or the Raimi organic webbing? (I like the latter more, since it makes more sense to me).

Bring it, this is fun.

See? You're acting like it's a fight again. You're acting so threatened. It's a stupid thread about a stupid movie; stop making it a dick-measuring contest. You're the only one participating anyway.

Don't worry guys, I've got you covered. If the old thread isn't unlocked by the 25th I'll make a brand new review thread.

Yeah, I think it's better to make a new thread than to unlock the old one.

plastroncafe
03-22-2016, 10:56 AM
Because some members of this forum want to have another shot at showing the dromers that like Man of Steel how big their dicks are.

Trust me. I'd win.
Some assembly required, but I'd win.

I still don't see the rancor at bringing up MoS in a thread about its yet-to-be-released sequel. But then...I try really hard not to be a 'nad about the things I don't like.

I wish some of the SuperFans would make an effort to do the same.

CyberCubed
03-22-2016, 12:43 PM
Because people want to discuss a movie now that its out and can see it in theaters. Speculation will be over, now we're discussing the actual film.

myconius
03-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Because people want to discuss a movie now that its out and can see it in theaters. Speculation will be over, now we're discussing the actual film.

good point!

definitely time for a new thread!

CyberCubed
03-22-2016, 01:26 PM
That's it I made the thread

Netkeeper
03-22-2016, 06:39 PM
Trust me. I'd win.
Oh, I believe you there. lmao, this sounds like sarcasm but it isn't

ToTheNines
03-23-2016, 07:40 PM
Trust me. I'd win.

Best post of 2016.

Krutch
03-24-2016, 01:46 AM
Considering the arguments C42 between you and Leo before Krutch joined in, that's how I see why the thread went up in smokes.\

Yeah, I may have been out of line on my post, even if it was after-the-fact. And I flagged a few posts myself, though, only when they involved personal insults being thrown around. Stuff like that should be moderated a lot more closely than it is, to be honest. I'm all for freedom of speech but personal insults on a Ninja Turtles message board? Come on, guys*. It's not hard to be civil.

Also, I think discussing MoS isn't the least bit derailing of BvS. And I sure hope the mods consider this with the new thread thats been opened since. Especially since the entire script was designed from scratch as a way to address the criticisms of Man of Steel.

--
*Not referring to anyone specific.