PDA

View Full Version : John Du Prez

TristanHuwJones
03-24-2016, 07:30 PM
Hey everybody! Been a long time since I've been on here properly, but I figured this would be the best place to ask -- has anyone here ever been in contact with John Du Prez? I'm working with some really great people at the moment and we're trying to find out whether or not it's possible to dig up the full score for the film via master tapes.

Sabacooza
03-24-2016, 07:35 PM
Hey Tristan. No, I haven't but I do hope someone can find and get these released. It would be nice to hear the full orchestra soundtrack if such a thing exists.

d_osborn
03-24-2016, 08:45 PM
I want to say that I read someone spoke to him about it. If I'm remembering correctly, he has the material, but obviously can't release it due to rights issues. I would LOVE for it to finally get a proper release. Jump on that vinyl soundtrack train, rights holders! Vinyl soundtrack releases for popular geek films sell out FAST.

I'm intrigued for what this could be for. Anything official?

TristanHuwJones
03-25-2016, 04:26 AM
I'm doing something comics related I can't talk about for a soundtrack vinyl publisher, and it was brought up at one point, yes! So I figured I'd ask around... If anyone knows any sort of connecting point or can point me in the right direction, HOPEFULLY we can find a way of making it happen.

d_osborn
03-26-2016, 09:34 AM
Cool! PM sent.

the fixer
03-27-2016, 03:28 PM
Du Prez' score was terrific! I'd love to hear the full thing one day!

Keeping my fingers crossed! ;)

Bry
03-27-2016, 07:08 PM
I am exactly the kind of guy who would pay good money for a copy of this score on vinyl. So I'm keeping all my digits crossed that this goes somewhere. :tsmile:

There are a lot of boutique record companies putting out kinda "niche" stuff like this and doing a great job of it, too. I recently got the Mother 2/EarthBound soundtrack from Ship to Shore PhonoCo (http://shiptoshore.storenvy.com/) and it's a thing of beauty. The Du Prez score deserves that kind of treatment.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-27-2016, 07:31 PM
I am exactly the kind of guy who would pay good money for a copy of this score on vinyl. So I'm keeping all my digits crossed that this goes somewhere. :tsmile:

Ditto, hoping that something will come of this. Du Prez's score is great.

If by some misfortune the master tapes no longer exist, those involved should look into whether the film's final mix audio stems are in good condition as a fallback. Though that may or may not be an extra hurdle to jump that the studio might not let you cross.

pferreira
03-31-2016, 03:18 PM
Tristan if you can get the music for the films, (especially the second) released through La-La-La Land or Intrada I will buy it without a second thought.

Masterpiece
04-03-2016, 05:55 AM
Mr Du Prez is such an underrated, brilliant composer.

I want to become a filmmaker.
And when I do I'll hire him for some of my films.

And I wish someone would release the true official soundtrack of the 1990 movie!

NYShell
04-03-2016, 05:20 PM
Would love for someone to get into contact with him. I would love to finally hear the full score. I'd pay for that.

d_osborn
04-04-2016, 10:18 AM
Would love for someone to get into contact with him. I would love to finally hear the full score. I'd pay for that.
I sent some contact info for Du Prez to Tristan, so fingers crossed! I would love to see what he would do with the jacket art.

ToTheNines
04-04-2016, 10:28 AM
I sent some contact info for Du Prez to Tristan, so fingers crossed! I would love to see what he would do with the jacket art.

You're a hero, D. Hopefully this happens!

the fixer
04-13-2016, 07:45 AM
Speaking of the Du Prez score, it always bothered me immensely that the actual opening credits music of the first two movies wasn't on their soundtrack albums...
There's only this kind of remix version called 'Turtle Rhapsody' for the first movie and an alternate version with lyrics of '(That's your) Consciousness' for the second.

What I did as a kid was record the opening credits scores of both movies from TV on an audio cassette and listen to that all day long :)

Has anyone ever come across these untouched opening tracks?

Powder
04-13-2016, 09:29 AM
There's a bootleg version of it out there, ripped from the DVD. It has some sound effects & faint voices across several tracks but it's pretty decent & certainly the closest we've ever come.

the fixer
04-13-2016, 10:11 AM
There's a bootleg version of it out there, ripped from the DVD. It has some sound effects & faint voices across several tracks but it's pretty decent & certainly the closest we've ever come.

Ah cool, I didn't know that. I'm gonna have to peel my eyes for that bootleg version then. At least until we (hopefully) get the real deal... ;)

Krutch
04-19-2016, 09:37 AM
A fan just posted the score for the second movie in another thread HERE (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=55014). Don't forget to thank him ;)