PDA

View Full Version : Do you think we'll get 2k3 rereleases?

thundermaster612
03-27-2016, 04:13 AM
Since they rereleased the 87' turtles in 2009 and 2013 there's always been a weird question in the back of my head, do you think we'll get rereleases of the 2k3 series? Like in the future when we have another tmnt series would they put them out for like an anniversary or something? What do you think?

go_ninja84
03-27-2016, 06:28 AM
no, i dont think we will. playmates does not really care about anniversary, collectors, ect. they just care about making poor quality figures for kids to play with. my opinion

Phoenix Fire
03-27-2016, 08:32 AM
I think Nickelodeon and Playmates have done a decent job so far targeting the 80's nostalgia of the Mirage and original cartoon, but the 2003 series feels sort of lost in between.

They had some great toys in that line, but I'm not sure the 2003 turtles can compete in the nostalgia race against the turtles from the 80's.

Powder
03-27-2016, 09:51 AM
If the series itself were released on DVD or Blu-ray, I could maybe see a resurgence of the 4 turtles at least. Otherwise, none too likely, unless they decide to continue their shoddy excuse of an adult collectors line with an extension to newly sculpted 4kids figures.

The-Shredder
03-27-2016, 11:12 AM
Playmates did re-release Leonardo and his Fast Forward incarnation in the History of Turtles pack that came out last year, albeit with a lack of paint applications and having their feet screwed into bases, while having the audacity to charge a premium for it. If they're going to go in that direction, then I would much rather prefer screen-accurate figures for the series from a different company, but I doubt that will happen any time soon.

TMNachoT
03-27-2016, 01:33 PM
Playmates rereleased the mini figures from the old toon and 2k3 toys, there is a 2k3 casey that, as far i know, wasn´t released before.

thundermaster612
03-27-2016, 01:45 PM
When I meant rereleases I meant a rerelease of the entire first wave of figures, not figs that were singulary released (history pack). But TMNachoT do you have any pics of the minifigs?

sdp
03-27-2016, 02:08 PM
Even though this series lasted more than 5 years, had 7 seasons, a successful toyline and a crossover anniversary movie it seems most people don't even acknowledge this show exists, hell some don't even know there was a show before the Nick show and 80s show. As good as the show was no one really knows about it or care for it, it's only a small passionate minority that know about it and love it so I don't really see this getting any figures which I'd love to get some.

We'll continue to get merchandise for the most revent show/movie, the OT and when they're feeling frisky we'll get merchandise for the original movie since its a cult classic. I'd argue it would be more likely to get a Venus figure since she's infamous before 2k3 ones.

CyberCubed
03-27-2016, 02:12 PM
The 2k3 series is well known and critically acclaimed. Nick also uploaded the first 4 seasons to itunes, so kids of today can buy them.

TMNachoT
03-27-2016, 03:42 PM
When I meant rereleases I meant a rerelease of the entire first wave of figures, not figs that were singulary released (history pack). But TMNachoT do you have any pics of the minifigs?

They are on sale on Ebay, i mentioned that on my blog: http://tmnachot.blogspot.com/2016/03/el-relanzamiento-de-mini-fuguras.html