PDA

View Full Version : Trying to do a custom.....

Mew
03-29-2016, 05:10 PM
I want to make a custom Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! Little Mac figure. Anyone know a good base figure and some good paints? Oh.. BTW I've never done a custom before XD

Etsyturtle2
03-29-2016, 06:38 PM
Just so you know, spray paint is crap. A good base figure would probably like a generic wrestling figure from the dollar stor or some ufc or wwe figures.

Mew
03-29-2016, 07:03 PM
Just so you know, spray paint is crap. A good base figure would probably like a generic wrestling figure from the dollar stor or some ufc or wwe figures.
Never thought of a dollar store figure...

Let us see if this can be achieved for $5.00 or less....:D

Mew
03-30-2016, 04:12 AM
These are at my dollar store..
https://www.dollartree.com/assets/product_images/styles/large/160993.jpg
Then some green duct tape and I'm good.

Discogod
03-30-2016, 08:59 AM
Just so you know, spray paint is crap.

Depends on the paint. I've used quite a few different types over the last 20+ years and whilst there are some brands that are practically useless, there's just as many that work well.

Meow
03-30-2016, 11:30 PM
Depends on the paint. I've used quite a few different types over the last 20+ years and whilst there are some brands that are practically useless, there's just as many that work well.
Yes absolutely. It depends on the many spray types where eg ones used for cars and similar will not attach to plastic action figures as well as those aimed at the figure market while most of the figure paints usually come as paint-on colors, not as spray.

I'm excited to see more in this thread and read about the upcoming information as I find it very interesting, good luck on your journey Mew :tsmile:

Ninjinister
03-31-2016, 03:15 AM
First things first:

What scale are you looking to do this in?

Mew
03-31-2016, 04:32 AM
First things first:

What scale are you looking to do this in?
About TMNT scale.