PDA

View Full Version : Classic movie turtles v2

jimbob_2003
03-30-2016, 03:26 AM
Hey,

not saure if this has been posted on here yet as I have been away for a week but glad i missed the first verison of these as with the changeable heads these become alot more appealing now

http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=album&dispsize=600&album=Playmates/Walmart_TMNT_Secret_Of_The_Ooze_Figures&start=0&sl=26174

Powder
03-30-2016, 03:41 AM
These awful things are already being discussed in the 2016 figures thread. :tlol:

jimbob_2003
03-30-2016, 03:46 AM
Fair play.

I was 50/50 on originals and saw people had taken to swapping and re-painting heads but think i will pick these up when they are out

Ninjinister
03-30-2016, 06:59 AM
Powder just seems to really want people to abstain from buying these, to force Playmates to either step up their game, or give up the ghost completely.

Powder
03-30-2016, 07:25 AM
I'm hardly the only one. It's frustrating to not only have lackluster options but to see those who share that opinion support the product anyway. It's like voting a president whose policies you hate in for a second term. People seem to forget Playmates' poor choices & bad attitude are why it took this long to see alternatives, & even with that being said, they're in funky scales or are overpriced international releases, at least for the time being. Should they involve themselves in the adult collector's market once again & feel that they have a place there, they could exercise their right to hold an iron grip over the toy license & knock out the competition. Then we'd have nothing at all but crap like this, which a lot of folks here outright say isn't up to par, but buy anyway. Those same people would in turn be the ones ranting & raving about how X, Y or Z got cancelled or faded off prematurely, without realizing they had a hand in it. You gotta speak with your wallet.

If some people like them, that's fine, they're totally entitled to that. But if you want better, you shouldn't support worse.

For what it's worth, I have tried to be objective towards this release, too. The accessories are great, the concept itself (alternate heads, props from the films, etc) is wonderful, there's nice box design, but they ultimately cheap out on both paint & accuracy, again taking one step forward & two steps back.

the fixer
03-30-2016, 08:12 AM
Totally agree with Powder.

Still, I can live with the body sculpts. It's the heads that are way off.
Guess it was Let-the-interns-sculpt-a-Turtle-head-day at Playmates...

psychturtle
03-30-2016, 08:12 AM
I don't care and am not mad that Playmates made these honestly. We all have the power to choose to buy them or not. I see them as cheap figures for cheap collectors. It's fine if some want these. I'd just rather spend my money on good collectibles such as Mondo, hot Toys, NECA, etc.

The boxes look cool but nothing about these makes me want to buy them. Again, depends on if turtle fans care about quality or not. These are good for the fellow shell heads that play with toys still.

oldmanwinters
03-30-2016, 08:50 AM
It's like voting a president whose policies you hate in for a second term. People seem to forget Playmates' poor choices & bad attitude are why it took this long to see alternatives, & even with that being said, they're in funky scales or are overpriced international releases, at least for the time being. Should they involve themselves in the adult collector's market once again & feel that they have a place there, they could exercise their right to hold an iron grip over the toy license & knock out the competition. Then we'd have nothing at all but crap like this, which a lot of folks here outright say isn't up to par, but buy anyway. Those same people would in turn be the ones ranting & raving about how X, Y or Z got cancelled or faded off prematurely, without realizing they had a hand in it. You gotta speak with your wallet.

If some people like them, that's fine, they're totally entitled to that. But if you want better, you shouldn't support worse.

Got you covered, man!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/slimer2erasmus/AmericanBetterWorse_zpsydtfkuhd.jpg (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/slimer2erasmus/media/AmericanBetterWorse_zpsydtfkuhd.jpg.html)
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/slimer2erasmus/NeverPlaymates_zpsh2nwyzli.png (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/slimer2erasmus/media/NeverPlaymates_zpsh2nwyzli.png.html)
:tcool::tcool:

OrokuYoshiFilms
03-30-2016, 12:05 PM
Are these figures really the worst thing imaginable to you guys? I'll admit there's PLENTY of room for improvement here but it seems you die hard collectors won't be satisfied until turtle figs have real skin, animatronic skeletons, AI chips, and actual voice actor recordings...

Think about how much a perfectly-molded, perfectly accurate, perfectly articulated, perfectly painted figure would cost on a shelf. Could a figure like that really ever feasibly exist guys? Name one figure that you own that is a perfect representation of the content it's derived from and I'll find 10 things to nitpick.

Furthermore who said Playmates was supposed to be the turtle figure messiah anyway? So much accountability being placed on this company and never have I heard them actually say these will be the best tmnt figures you could ever buy. I'm realizing they're not even striving to be the best their just putting out figures they think we'll like. The main focus is cost saving, corner cutting etc. They're not so much "Turtles/quality first" mentality here.

Ninturtle
03-30-2016, 12:11 PM
Are these figures really the worst thing imaginable to you guys? I'll admit there's PLENTY of room for improvement here but it seems you die hard collectors won't be satisfied until turtle figs have real skin, animatronic skeletons, AI chips, and actual voice actor recordings...

Think about how much a perfectly-molded, perfectly accurate, perfectly articulated, perfectly painted figure would cost on a shelf. Could a figure like that really ever feasibly exist guys? Name one figure that you own that is a perfect representation of the content it's derived from and I'll find 10 things to nitpick.

It's not about the figures being imperfect it's about the figures not even looking like the movie does. Nobody is saying that these figures have to be flawless, you're just strawmanning peoples arguments.

OrokuYoshiFilms
03-30-2016, 12:16 PM
I'm just saying this at least feels like a "try" from them.

Candy Kappa
03-30-2016, 12:36 PM
I'm just saying this at least feels like a "try" from them.

No you didn't. You came off as a smartass, ******** on people who want more then just "at least we tried... Sorta" effort.

Playmates labeled the line as Classics, it has a recognition from Masters of the Universe Classics and now 2 ThunderCats Classic lines.

The figures are very faulty and are way overpriced for what we get. They are in a oversized non-scale, what paint apps we get is sloppy and off-point (eyes for example), articulation with no thought behind, just adding as much PoA without actually working, like double jointed knees but no ankle rocker and loose fingers that barely holds the weapons. Bad representation of the show and movie(s), B&R are badassified fan artwork of FW in figure form, not actually FW styled, same goes for the Turtles and the "1990" Turtles are wildly off-model on some of the faces.

Sure, Wave 4 is a step up (from almost nothing) but it's a bit too little, too late.

Huzzah
03-30-2016, 12:39 PM
It's basically like choosing between keeping someone on life-support but not letting them fully live, or just pulling the plug. It boils down to preference, and their equal numbers who will say pull it while others may say let them live. Neither answer is fully right nor is it fully wrong.

Candy Kappa
03-30-2016, 12:43 PM
Bandai's ThunderCats Classics died out within its first wave for being subpar and not living up to its potential. They even tried to revive it with a Lion-O in 6" scale rather then 8", but it was too late.

go_ninja84
03-30-2016, 12:56 PM
i kinda want these, the accessories look cool and well thought out FINALLY PLAYMATES

beardcore84
03-30-2016, 01:49 PM
#MakePlaymatesGreatAgain

OrokuYoshiFilms
03-30-2016, 02:29 PM
No you choose to receive me that way. I like EVERYONE here. Whether you agree with me or not. At the end of the day we all like TMNT. That's how it is around here. If your not with the herd. Any opinion to the contrary of you know it alls automatically suggests I have anything against you as if you're someone to have anything against. It happens EVERY TIME. Bottom line we're talking toys here. Get over yourself. I like em, I'll be buying em. Not because they're God's gift to turtle toys but because they're pretty cool to me.

Comparing these figures to live and death situations is beyond me. It's sinful to suggest you like anything from Playmates.

I don't play the condescending sarcasm game here. I'm literally serious in my inquiry. Do you guys really hate these particular figures THAT much? Like I really wanna know from you guys but all you seem to take from my comments are "strawmanning" and being a "smartass" no one has bothered to give me a single seriously thought out answer.

Candy Kappa
03-30-2016, 02:41 PM
Cool story, bro. Good for you liking them.

OrokuYoshiFilms
03-30-2016, 02:49 PM
See what I mean? Smh. ... And I'm the smartass.

Candy Kappa
03-30-2016, 03:07 PM
Yeah, nice edit 4 minutes after my post.

You want an answer why you came off as a straw an and a smartass? Besides just rereading your own post. Claiming "die hard" collectors will never be satisfied until playmates makes real-skinned animatronics and then avoiding the whole subject by challenging people to find a perfect toy for you to nitpick on.

It's not sinful saying you like something from playmates (there you go again). Playmates have made far better figures that outshines the Classics figures, the Wave 1 Basic Turtles are great figures that have a multitude of range in articulation, accessories, sculpt and the paint is cleaner then the Classics figures, and they feel sturdier then the Classic figures.

OrokuYoshiFilms
03-30-2016, 03:17 PM
I edited..... so what? Obviously I wasn't clear if you took me that way so I wanted to clarify.

Do you honestly think this perfect figure will ever exist? The people who are unsatisfied with them I feel would be satisfied with a few tweaks of this figure. Everyone's tone seems like they're just downright disgusted with them and I'm like "What is it... Really?" Is there anything else in you guy's collections that got it right in your eyes? So that I can understand why you don't like these. Like who's actually making these perfect figures? TMNT or otherwise.

Candy Kappa
03-30-2016, 03:23 PM
You're the only one talking about "perfect figures".

No, I'm a realist, and I'd expect a line of collectible action figures using the name Classics lives up to some form of quality at least on-par with Marvel Legends if not MOTUC. Not something less then the basic line.

OrokuYoshiFilms
03-30-2016, 03:30 PM
So in your opinion are those lines the best? ...and do you own figures from these lines as well? Because I wanna go see what you consider the best so I can compare and see why people here think the upcoming Classics are so bad. The true point of my questions earlier. I assumed everyone here would say the NECA turtles were the best.

Candy Kappa
03-30-2016, 03:34 PM
I thought it was a better example comparing Playmates with Playmates, as they can and have made better action figures.

OrokuYoshiFilms
03-30-2016, 03:49 PM
Ok those (Marvel) are some damn good figures, but the upcoming Classics I just feel need a more definitive head sculpt because they're all over the place but outside of that I think these are very good. Some of the early head sculpts are ugly though especially of Wolverine unmasked. They could use some work too. At this stage in the game though they're knocking it out of the park which I feel these Classics will be. I had the Movie Star turtles growing up so I was happy to see these. There's almost no positive comments on these but there is a boycott campaign. Anything better than these would be perfect which is why I kept throwing the word around.

...and thanks for actually taking me seriously for a second?

DVD
03-30-2016, 03:52 PM
It's interesting to note the anger that a toy can engender.
Playmates figures, when first released looked very little like their tv or comic counterparts. The skin tone variations were there from the start. And articulation: what articulation? They were just basic, cute lil figures based around figures from a fledgling cartoon. Most releases had next to nothing to do with the show, and some of those remain to this day, among my favorite figures (Trek and Universal Monster Turtles).
Figuarts are putting out Don and Leo soon at a cost of nearly 4x this newest PM range. Me, I'm looking forward to them as they look great. The cost is justified in the product.
The recent repackaging and addition of accessories and head swaps is, to me a nice step. I'm looking forward to adding these to my collection (after I go back to work) .
I don't think Playmates will ever push hi end, hi retail value figures as its not their end game. That is left to the Fuguart types. They have, in my opinion, put out a set of decent, low price point figures that can be played with by a bunch of kids, or (in my case) be displayed as the toys they are: that's why I like them- they are toys .

thundermaster612
03-30-2016, 04:45 PM
The only reason I like these is because I never got the 1990 ones

slashpieturtlemix
03-30-2016, 05:02 PM
I think I'll get these. I need a good movie 2 set of figures

Lil Karai
03-30-2016, 06:05 PM
As I mentioned in the other thread, if they can't paint the inside of the mouths, that means no $20 from me for that figure. it doesn't have to be perfect but that glaring lameness I just can't get past.

Between Mondo, NECA, FIGUARTS and whomever else is going to be getting in the TMNT game this year trust me there are much better things to save your money for. Announcements and pics will probably come before SDCC but worst case scenario we will see awesomeness in July.

However if you have lots of money and don't care about holding out for something better, go right ahead. Also if you're one of those people who'd rather buy 40 crappy figures at $10 each than 4 PHENOMINAL figures at $100 each, Then have at it! It's your money you can do what you like.

I do agree with Powder though that it's too bad that the people who complain and then still buy the figures are helping to enable inferior figures to be made.

raph27
03-30-2016, 06:33 PM
Some of those new head sculpts are awful. One of Donnie's looks like Barney the Dinosaur. You still don't get my money, Playmates.

strawberryfields
03-30-2016, 06:42 PM
Funny how some of the same people who buy those god-awful half shell heroes toddler toys are complaining about playmates low-end collectors toys not being high enough quality. There are so many movie accurate options at this point- these are just a cheap option for those who aren't sticklers for accuracy

Powder
03-30-2016, 06:55 PM
There are so many movie accurate options at this point

By which you mean literally zero, considering nothing will be in stores for many months to come.

& you can both like a cheap toddler's toy & expect quality from an adult one...

VaughnMichael
03-30-2016, 09:09 PM
I really hope once again they aren't doing this simply to stick it to NECA.
I'm in full agreement with Powder that while it's a nicer effort than their first release of these it's still sub par compared to what could be done.
If they really want to make some money from collectors have a movie Shredder or Tokka & Rahzar along side these turtles.
Or how about they just release that Shredder & Krang already.:roll:

DVD
03-30-2016, 09:20 PM
...you can both like a cheap toddler's toy & expect quality from an adult one...

Couldn't agree more.
Me, I love those lil HSH figures, and would complain about a design flaw in an otherwise awesome item (like only one door opening in the Big Chief TARDIS). Haha!!
Negative reaction to an unrealised expectation is natural. Me, I have my own expectations of Playmates, and this latest offering exceeds those actually. My expectations of the upcoming Figuart Turtles is way higher, and I'd likely be more critical of imperfections on those ..
Collecting is a funny old business methinks.

nellyp
03-30-2016, 09:39 PM
This thread got pretty hostile pretty fast. I can see valid points from both sides. Definitely price plays a big factor. Obviously these are of a better quality than the basic figures in the nick line Playmates is producing which are like $8-$10 but they aren't at the opposite end to command a really high price point either.

$20 isn't too bad but most collectors are compelled to buy all 4 so that would be $80 which is starting to get pricey.

Lately I have been getting back into collecting the vintage playmates figures with a lot coming from eBay so as an example, I got a loose/complete Muckman and after shipping it was like $65. I was ok with it but my partner got really mad at me thinking it was way over priced (at the last few mins I had been outbid and we kinda had to go higher than we agreed on cause I wasn't going to let it get away). She didn't see the value in it though.

When I told her how it would be great to get the 1/4 scale Don from NECA and it would be around $100 US (approx $140 here) she told me I am crazy. She still doesn't see the value. I even told her that it was supposed to be 16" and she didn't care. Of course I will have to clear it with her before getting something like this. They say it's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission but that is just not true :P

Telling her I want to get a $20 figure (probably like $25 here) at least she is more receptive to that (even though I would rather get these and NECA's as well :P). Just like the 1990 movie figures though I don't expect them to come out here though and I doubt I will go out of my way to import them but hard to say.

DVD
03-30-2016, 09:55 PM
I like reading about getting permission from a partner to get a toy. Like, partners have replaced parents in the getting or not getting of new toys.
My girlfriend just shrugs off anything I get with a shake of the head and 'more baby stuff' comment. She just gets that I get this stuff..... Then goes and orders gym stuff or whatever, on my account !!! Haha!!
Bottom line tho , is we all get what we like if it is in a price range.
Everyone would like the Porche of the Ferrari but makes do with a Ford. What is neat about this game is there are items out there for all price ranges, and markets.

strawberryfields
03-30-2016, 10:01 PM
By which you mean literally zero, considering nothing will be in stores for many months to come.

& you can both like a cheap toddler's toy & expect quality from an adult one...

Cheap toddlers toys? If they were 3.99 maybe, but those things were 8 bucks a pack last time I saw them- the price/quality disparity for half shell heroes is far greater than the classic movie turtles v2, in my opinion. I mean look at this sh*t- I wouldn't give that to a 3 year old unless it was for some sort of punishment for misbehaving

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=61900116&camp=PLAPPCG-_-PID21061983:TRUS&cagpspn=plat_21061983&eESource=CAPLA_DF:61900116:TRUS

And 20 bucks including tax for this trash? These would hold a kids interest for about 12 hours before making their way to the bottom of the toy box to be forgotten about forever

http://www.target.com/p/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-half-shell-heroes-t-rex-with-donnie/-/A-50390633?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Toys%2BShopping&adgroup=SC_Toys&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9019864&gclid=Cj0KEQjw8u23BRCg6YnzmJmPqYgBEiQALf_XzaALWjPA 7tEgulvvD4bkgYRrYimyorBA-XHNM3dxvJYaAic78P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

These new movie turtles are probably going to be 20 bucks or less- I think the quality is on par w/ price, and for what they are they're pretty cool. If you don't like what playmates has to offer, wait it out until real adult collectors figures are released. I'm not defending playmates, but c'mon- do you really expect them to make adult grade collectors turtles for 20 bucks?

I Crave Pizza No More
03-30-2016, 10:03 PM
They're OK, and I like the concept, but we no longer live in a time where there's a dearth of TMNT collectibles. 5-10 years ago these would have been a must-buy. These days, I have neither the room nor budget for them.

Powder
03-30-2016, 10:06 PM
Cheap toddlers toys?

do you really expect them to make adult grade collectors turtles for 20 bucks?

When I said cheap I was referring to their quality, not the price point, but that's irrelevant.

Do I really expect them to make adult grade collector's turtles for 20 bucks? Maybe not, considering their track record. But do I see it as a reasonable possibility from a business/creative/etc standpoint, yes, I absolutely do. NECA & a bunch of other companies have built their business model on it, there's no reason Playmates can't try harder. Zero.

strawberryfields
03-30-2016, 10:18 PM
When I said cheap I was referring to their quality, not the price point, but that's irrelevant.

Do I really expect them to make adult grade collector's turtles for 20 bucks? Maybe not, considering their track record. But do I see it as a reasonable possibility from a business/creative/etc standpoint, yes, I absolutely do. NECA & a bunch of other companies have built their business model on it, there's no reason Playmates can't try harder. Zero.

Then there's zero reason they shouldn't try harder w/ half shell heroes, too. Believe me- if making expensive collector turtles for adults was reasonable from a business perspective, they'd be doing it. They're a company trying to make money- if there was money to be made, they'd be doing whatever they could to make it. The truth of the matter is children are the primary buyers of action figures, and children aren't sticklers for accuracy, and don't like to spend $69 dollars a figure. And even NECA turtles weren't successful enough to release the remaining figures they had planned. Its a niche market, something a mass production company like Playmates isn't looking to waste their time/resources on. I think of playmates collector line as something in between a standard kids line, and an adult line- for people who like turtles, but not enough to spend hundreds for movie or toon accuracy

Ninturtle
03-30-2016, 10:24 PM
Then there's zero reason they shouldn't try harder w/ half shell heroes, too. Believe me- if making expensive collector turtles for adults was reasonable from a business perspective, they'd be doing it. They're a company trying to make money- if there was money to be made, they'd be doing whatever they could to make it. The truth of the matter is children are the primary buyers of action figures, and children aren't sticklers for accuracy, and don't like to spend $69 dollars a figure. And even NECA turtles weren't successful enough to release the remaining figures they had planned. Its a niche market, something a mass production company like Playmates isn't looking to waste their time/resources on. I think of playmates collector line as something in between a standard kids line, and an adult line- for people who like turtles, but not enough to spend hundreds for movie or toon accuracy

The Half Shell Heroes are for toddlers not adults! Their $20 price point doesn't excuse their atrociously inaccurate heads, if you pay $20 for something it should at least look somewhat accurate.The half shell heroes are also $8 for 2 figures which is pretty cheap.

Powder
03-30-2016, 10:26 PM
Yeah, we all know you have an axe to grind with the pre-school figures, of all things... but that has nothing to do with this thread or the matter at hand. Nobody said anything about Playmates needing to make expensive figures, either, because, again, NECA's Mirage figures retailed for $16. $16!!! & that's just one example of many in the context of reasonably priced, high-detail, articulated pieces that can appeal to all demographics while mainly catering to adults. Playmates is more than capable of doing that too, if they wanted to, if they cared enough to. This stuff is produced in China, son. It wouldn't break the bank to put in a few extra grooves & paint apps. The collectors market does not really include children, that is why it has a unique title, to make the distinction between those who play, & those who want pieces worthy of display that are within a young bachelor's budget.

Learn your facts, NECA's TMNT series was cancelled because Playmates cockblocked them, plain & simple. They forced NECA out of the market via a clause in their license, which prevented them from being able to move the product in most physical venues, & THAT is why they took a hit. But even that nasty powermove would be unfair to call a nail in the coffin when you take into consideration that the bootlegs have now sold more than the official releases, & 6+ years later are STILL one of the hottest TMNT figures out there.

If Playmates wasn't going to "waste their time/resources" on the "niche market" they would not have created the Classics line, period. Case freakin' closed. This stuff, while similar in quality, is not meant to target children. It's supposed to be nostalgia bait for the adult collector, which is why the content is 25+ years old & they market the excess articulation as a selling point.

strawberryfields
03-30-2016, 10:35 PM
Yeah, we all know you have an axe to grind with the pre-school figures, of all things... but that has nothing to do with this thread or the matter at hand. Nobody said anything about Playmates needing to make expensive figures, either, because, again, NECA's Mirage figures retailed for $16. $16!!! & that's just one example of many in the context of reasonably priced, high-detail, articulated pieces that can appeal to all demographics while mainly catering to adults. Playmates is more than capable of doing that too, if they wanted to, if they cared enough to. The collectors market does not really include children, that is why it has a unique title, to make the distinction between those who play, & those who want pieces worthy of display that won't break the bank.

Learn your facts, NECA's TMNT series was cancelled because Playmates cockblocked them, plain & simple. They forced NECA out of the market via a clause in their license, which prevented them from being able to move the product in most physical venues, & THAT is why they took a hit. But even that is unfair to call a nail in the coffin when you take into consideration that the bootlegs have now sold more than the official releases, & 6+ years later are STILL one of the hottest TMNT figures out there.

If Playmates wasn't going to "waste their time/resources" on the "niche market" they would not have created the Classics line, period. Case freakin' closed. This stuff, while similar in quality, is not meant to target children. It's supposed to be nostalgia bait for the adult collector, which is why the content is 25+ years old & they market the excess articulation as a selling point.

They aren't going to waste their time producing expensive adult collector toys- these are not expensive adult collector toys- they're middle of the road figures that kids/casual adults will buy. You're right on NECA, in terms of cost they were great figures for the price, although I don't think very many people actually got them for 16 dollars each. The comic book shop I bought them from in 08 charged 25 bucks each for em

I don't have a beef w/ the preschool turtles so much as the fact that I cannot fathom why adults would buy them- They complain about playmates lack of quality, then buy their worst offerings fueling their bottom line and ensuring they keep producing more trash. Its irrational, I'll admit. I hate them so much if I could, I would melt them all down in a giant cauldron and pour the molten plastic over the homes of everyone over the age of 4 who's bought them for purposes of collecting (I'll forgive clueless parents buying it for their kids). I quit buying playmates figures when the mega bloks tmnt came out, and after realizing I have a **** ton of 2012 line turtles that I don't care about, and haven't cared about since buying them and putting them in boxes

Lil Karai
03-30-2016, 11:22 PM
Cheap toddlers toys? If they were 3.99 maybe, but those things were 8 bucks a pack last time I saw them- the price/quality disparity for half shell heroes is far greater than the classic movie turtles v2, in my opinion. I mean look at this sh*t- I wouldn't give that to a 3 year old unless it was for some sort of punishment for misbehaving

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=61900116&camp=PLAPPCG-_-PID21061983:TRUS&cagpspn=plat_21061983&eESource=CAPLA_DF:61900116:TRUS

And 20 bucks including tax for this trash? These would hold a kids interest for about 12 hours before making their way to the bottom of the toy box to be forgotten about forever

http://www.target.com/p/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-half-shell-heroes-t-rex-with-donnie/-/A-50390633?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Toys%2BShopping&adgroup=SC_Toys&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9019864&gclid=Cj0KEQjw8u23BRCg6YnzmJmPqYgBEiQALf_XzaALWjPA 7tEgulvvD4bkgYRrYimyorBA-XHNM3dxvJYaAic78P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

These new movie turtles are probably going to be 20 bucks or less- I think the quality is on par w/ price, and for what they are they're pretty cool. If you don't like what playmates has to offer, wait it out until real adult collectors figures are released. I'm not defending playmates, but c'mon- do you really expect them to make adult grade collectors turtles for 20 bucks?

Yes I do. NECA makes amazing super articulated figures for $20. Why can't Playmate's for their line of figures geared toward adult collectors?

I guess I wouldn't care so much if the license for 6" collector's grade figures weren't so exclusive to just Playmate's. It's like if you're not going to deliver a great product, then get out of the way and let some of these other companies rock it and deliver an amazing product into the hands of collectors for $20.

cloud
03-31-2016, 12:36 AM
These guys are suppose to be 6" right? So smaller than the Classics?
It really depends on the price point. If Playmates can keep them for $20 or lower. I think they'll have a sale. I do like the multiples heads. Lots of repaint potentials.

Wish they would fix the nunchucks though..

jimbob_2003
03-31-2016, 01:19 AM
For me personally this is a happy medium between quality and pricing.

I know there are alot of high end figures about that are fantastic quality and look awesome but also I aren't prepared for fork out that kind of money.

The most high end figure i have purchased was the Gokin Krang and yes it's awesome and the display case and finish is great but at the end of the day it stands on a shelf with the rest of my 90's figures that were 5 each back in the day.

I just enjoy buying figures that peak my interest from time to time and these figure's do that, i understand everyone's point of view and this is purely mine.

TheBlueTurtle1
03-31-2016, 02:34 AM
These guys are suppose to be 6" right? So smaller than the Classics?
It really depends on the price point. If Playmates can keep them for $20 or lower. I think they'll have a sale. I do like the multiples heads. Lots of repaint potentials.

Wish they would fix the nunchucks though..

6" where have you heard this? I am till on the fence with these.

Meow
03-31-2016, 04:07 AM
Wonderful, now being in 3 pages of close-to-already-personal discussions there were a couple of nice statements though - regarding the figures of course, not politics. Still those figures confuse me a LOT, so here we go if anyone knows:

Basically "the new ones" have the same sculpt as "the old ones (http://www.tmnttoys.com/14figures/classics3/index.html)", only with exchangable heads and some new props from the 2nd movie, right?

So if I'm right with the above assumption that means if I'd like the movie props there's no way than buying the new 2nd movie ones as well I guess? Not sure at the moment how I'm supposed to feel about the heads...

Raphs Head (http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=Playmates%2FWalmart_TMNT_Secret_Of_The_Ooze_ Figures&pic=TMNT_Walmart_Secret_Of_The_Ooze_Figures06.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=26174) #1 looks a lot like Nick TMNT 2012 series 1, while Dons (http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=Playmates%2FWalmart_TMNT_Secret_Of_The_Ooze_ Figures&pic=TMNT_Walmart_Secret_Of_The_Ooze_Figures02.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=26174) 2nd and 3rd head shown start to give me the creeps which Mikey (http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=Playmates%2FWalmart_TMNT_Secret_Of_The_Ooze_ Figures&pic=TMNT_Walmart_Secret_Of_The_Ooze_Figures04.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=26174) manages to work out without a doubt. Leo seems to have the best cards but either way every one of the 4 figures seem to have at least one super-maniac head that is really creeping me out. Makes me wanna scream real bad...

TheCanadiandrome
03-31-2016, 10:59 PM
I think I'll get these. I need a good movie 2 set of figures

Ditto, me to

hitmonkey
04-14-2016, 02:04 PM
I think I decided just to pick up Leonardo out of this wave. He's got the same skin tone as the original Movie 1 figures, so I'll get a Leo with a better head sculpt, then use one of his alternate heads to make a better lower face for Movie 1 Donatello. No need for a full set.

Candy Kappa
04-14-2016, 02:14 PM
I think I decided just to pick up Leonardo out of this wave. He's got the same skin tone as the original Movie 1 figures, so I'll get a Leo with a better head sculpt, then use one of his alternate heads to make a better lower face for Movie 1 Donatello. No need for a full set.

That's actually not a bad idea for people that are somewhat content with the first set, but still want some improvement, like 1st leo and 1st Donnie's face.

mikeyatemypizza
04-14-2016, 06:16 PM
These guys must be popular two threads on them. :tlol: Would totally buy but I have my loonies flying south already. But if I seem them in the wild that may change.

chrisr291
04-16-2016, 04:12 PM
Hi guys!

I'm primarily a transformer collector but I dabble in TMNT figures from time to time. Watching the conversation, it is very reminiscent of transformer arguments in the early 00's.

Hasbro's focus are kids, premium collector lines wouldn't sell, etc

If the movie takes off, I think you'll see more premium lines similar to Mondo and NECA; heck, even more 3rd parties could get involved. It's funny, I'd love to own more turtle stuff but playmates just makes terrible looking figures. It's too bad collectors don't have an overseas option where a company produces the same figures but with more care (I.e. Hasbro vs Takara)

Transformers are my first love but TMNT will always own my heart. I'd like to see the franchise grow but to answer the question...... Yes, there are a lot of TMNT fans with disposable income that would drop the money on a premium line if it was available.

DVD
04-17-2016, 12:20 AM
Well, I'll use this thread to post these.
The only Turtle following their original release counterpart through from a color perspective is Leo.
What follows are the new Leo, on an OT stand, with the various heads.
The final pic is the first version with one of the new Leo heads.
Effectively you have 5 heads to choose from over two base bodies. And I know... Most reckon none are any good.
I still think these are fun figures to mess around with .

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/9234C8CC-1413-4819-86E6-82CB30071133.jpeg (http://s857.photobucket.com/user/DVD_023/media/9234C8CC-1413-4819-86E6-82CB30071133.jpeg.html)

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/E68BDDD3-D089-4CDD-9931-5979F9B13FD5.jpeg (http://s857.photobucket.com/user/DVD_023/media/E68BDDD3-D089-4CDD-9931-5979F9B13FD5.jpeg.html)

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/A5475E95-0C13-464A-92AE-9C51845981C2.jpeg (http://s857.photobucket.com/user/DVD_023/media/A5475E95-0C13-464A-92AE-9C51845981C2.jpeg.html)

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/CC73EE51-B773-4A45-9D89-8E1FADA54FED.jpeg (http://s857.photobucket.com/user/DVD_023/media/CC73EE51-B773-4A45-9D89-8E1FADA54FED.jpeg.html)

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/2CBAC2D1-6A66-4FE9-BD0F-FB54A1F00B42.jpeg (http://s857.photobucket.com/user/DVD_023/media/2CBAC2D1-6A66-4FE9-BD0F-FB54A1F00B42.jpeg.html)

psychturtle
04-17-2016, 08:13 PM
If anyone has that broken Ooze canister accessory they want to sell me, I'll buy it

TheCanadiandrome
04-19-2016, 07:27 PM
great pics DVD! now I really want those figures

TheBlueTurtle1
04-29-2016, 08:49 AM
Anyone got a review of these yet?

Candy Kappa
04-29-2016, 04:01 PM
They are meant to out April 10th, but I've not seen any reviews or in-hand pics besides DVD's photos.

wtferrell
04-29-2016, 08:36 PM
I really want those.

DVD
04-30-2016, 12:17 AM
They are meant to out April 10th, but I've not seen any reviews or in-hand pics besides DVD's photos.

A simple revue is that these are identical in every way to to first movie releases. Heads have a variety of expressions. Each will have their own favorite.
Accessories are nice , with nicest being the box of doughnuts.

I personally think the best feature in this set is their packaging.
You can take em out, mess around with em then put em back on display in pack. That I do like.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
05-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Are these available yet?

Zulithe
05-07-2016, 05:46 PM
Are these available yet?
haven't heard of anyone finding them in the USA yet.

I am hoping they will go on walmart.com that will be the easiest way to get them

go_ninja84
05-07-2016, 08:04 PM
Are these available yet?
i have heard people talk about May 10th for a new display but could also be end of month

turtlefanforever
05-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Went to walmart to see but there wasn't any there today.

darthwahl56
05-11-2016, 01:14 AM
i have heard people talk about May 10th for a new display but could also be end of month

No, now I would say anytime they feel like building a TMNT display, based purely on if they want to, because of my store not having a regular toy manager person at the moment.:trolleye:

May 10 was according to a signage box.:)

TheBlueTurtle1
05-11-2016, 11:12 AM
I think I am going to go for a set. I like the overall look, and they came with some neat accessories. With the new unique skin tones, they remind me more of the 2003 4kids turtles.

I know some of you guys don't like the classic line, but I would still love the Krang and Shredder.

darthwahl56
05-14-2016, 01:43 AM
Looks like a few of my Walmarts did a reset with tags for the 1990 movie turtles, but no figures yet or even the truck with exclusive Leo.

Digital Ghost
05-14-2016, 10:13 AM
Saw some folks on Instagram who found 'em last night. In California so far.

imevilduckie
05-20-2016, 03:40 PM
After checking three Walmarts (luckily, there are five within 15 minutes of my house), I finally found a store with the new figures. The Walmart only had one of each turtle, so I picked up Donatello. Still iffy on the other turtles since I have a complete Mondo set coming along the SH Figuarts turtles.

Huzzah
05-20-2016, 04:29 PM
If you've got Mondo and Figuarts coming I'm pretty sure it'd be easy to pass up Playmates attempts.

imevilduckie
05-20-2016, 04:47 PM
If you've got Mondo and Figuarts coming I'm pretty sure it'd be easy to pass up Playmates attempts.

Indeed. But I had to get Donnie to hold me over until the NECA version comes out.

By the way, I have a complete MISB set of movie turtles (version 1) available. If anyone is interested, let me know.

turtlefanforever
05-21-2016, 02:25 PM
found these in walmart today. only 2 of them randomly sitting next to the other turtle stuff. a lot bigger than i expected. Looking fot Michelangelo still.

MsMarvelDuckie
05-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Found them! Went to Wal-Mart yesterday, and they had an entire new set of shelves just for the new Bay-movie turtles and these guys. Bought Mikey (of course) because at 20$ a pop, a full set might be pushing it. I already spent almost 30$ on the three "costume" Bay-movie turtles (Leo in the hoodie, pirate Mikey, and Raph in the wingsuit) which they also had. So I might pass on the other three classic ones, though I gotta say, I LOVE them so far! Pulled Mikey out of the box, and he is really much more impressive out of the box than the pics have shown. Articulation is nice- even fingers and toes! (Sorry, I don't have the cash to throw at the "high-end" figs that have such things) The "doughnut box" and "combat cold-cuts" were so cool, and I love the extra heads. Though they could have made them a BIT more different, as two look very similar. The only issue is that one shoulder joint is very stiff and won't move fully- I'm hoping to loosen it up somehow, but otherwise, he's great! Fingers are a little loose, too, but not terribly so.

I also saw a Technodrome AND the new Tortuga truck from the movie, and I REALLY want the truck- and I'm torn on the Drome, since my Krang needs his drome, but Do I really have the space or cash for it? Ah, these are the problems of apartment-living....

VaughnMichael
05-23-2016, 03:06 PM
Well I drove all over Pittsburgh today trying to find a decent set of these since I plan to keep these in the box.
I found a Good Leo & Don at my first stop (Carnegie, PA) sadly Mikey and Raph had horrible running eye paint.
Second stop (Washington, PA) had the 4 of them just sitting on the shelves all had very bad paint jobs and Raph's box was dented in.
Third stop (South Hills, PA) didn't have them out yet or a stock boy bought them.
Fourth stop (Century 3, PA) just got the box of 4 figures in on the truck and the nice woman went and got them for me sadly Raph's box was crushed so I got Mikey who looked way better.
Fifth stop (Robinson, PA) had the shelf ready for them but they didn't get their shipment yet.
Sadly I still need a Raphael now because of the dents, and bad paint jobs.
If you're picky like me you're going to want to look these over real good before purchasing them.
It's pretty sad that at $21.00 after tax that these don't have flawless paint jobs.
It should also be noted that it seems that each store only got one box of these in.
I'm going to have to keep checking back as I hope Playmates isn't dumb about this and sends a bunch of these to stores for the release of the new movie.

go_ninja84
05-23-2016, 03:10 PM
Well I drove all over Pittsburgh today trying to find a decent set of these since I plan to keep these in the box.
I found a Good Leo & Don at my first stop (Carnegie, PA) sadly Mikey and Raph had horrible running eye paint.
Second stop (Washington, PA) had the 4 of them just sitting on the shelves all had very bad paint jobs and Raph's box was dented in.
Third stop (South Hills, PA) didn't have them out yet or a stock boy bought them.
Fourth stop (Century 3, PA) just got the box of 4 figures in on the truck and the nice woman went and got them for me sadly Raph's box was crushed so I got Mikey who looked way better.
Fifth stop (Robinson, PA) had the shelf ready for them but they didn't get their shipment yet.
Sadly I still need a Raphael now because of the dents, and bad paint jobs.
If you're picky like me you're going to want to look these over real good before purchasing them.
It's pretty sad that at $21.00 after tax that these don't have flawless paint jobs.
It should also be noted that it seems that each store only got one box of these in.
I'm going to have to keep checking back as I hope Playmates isn't dumb about this and sends a bunch of these to stores for the release of the new movie.
hmm all my figures and boxes were mint perfect paint and had 2 of each at my Walmart

VaughnMichael
05-23-2016, 03:11 PM
hmm all my figures and boxes were mint perfect paint and had 2 of each at my Walmart
Lucky you, my gas tank and wallet not so much.:lol:

go_ninja84
05-23-2016, 03:17 PM
Lucky you, my gas tank and wallet not so much.:lol:

if your still looking next weekend ill run back to my Walmart and check the 2nd Raph if he still there

VaughnMichael
05-23-2016, 03:20 PM
if your still looking next weekend ill run back to my Walmart and check the 2nd Raph if he still there
Thanks for the offer! I'll post here if I find a good one before that. :)

turtlefanforever
05-23-2016, 04:02 PM
Picked up Mikey at walmart today. So much fun to pose and like others have said the multiple heads are a great addition to this line. Many poseable options. The hands arent the easiest to hold stuff with but i really dont wanna gripe about it at all. Extremely satisfied. There is a holster in the back for the cold cuts too if you can't decide which ones you want him to hold, haha!

I wanted raph really badly as well but had to limit myself to one.

My walmart has been terrible. About stocking these. They throw one in a random place every other day.

calmik
05-23-2016, 04:33 PM
Both Walmarts in my town have the fixtures 19.98 but no figures. 3 pegs for them... blank :(

cloud
05-23-2016, 06:30 PM
When they first announce these guys as 6" Secret of the Ooze turtles, I thought they shrunk down the previous molds because those were like 8" tall.
Turns out it's the same figures with different shade of green...

TurtlePower85
05-23-2016, 08:05 PM
Since Playmates felt the need to make these I can only hope we get a TMNT movie 3 set as well, and I would hope they are in their samurai garb.

sdp
05-23-2016, 09:00 PM
I don't know why but I really want to get one of these even with all the kick ass turtle figures we're getting...I already own all 4 movie turtles but I'm thinking of selling keeping "1" of each of the collectors figures Playmates has done..

Since Playmates felt the need to make these I can only hope we get a TMNT movie 3 set as well, and I would hope they are in their samurai garb.

Doubt it, these are just re-paints with accessories of the Movie 1 turtles and they only did it to have a "collectors" retro toy to cash-in on the new movie without much expense. No way they do new sculpts for the least popular movie if they didn't here.

VaughnMichael
05-24-2016, 12:42 PM
They're not the best but the box display is decently put together and I want them to release other figures in this series like that damn Shredder & Krang we saw some time back so I couldn't help myself and give in and buy them.
It's really been frustrating finding them with good paint jobs or boxs that aren't smashed.
I had to pass up 2 more Raph's today.:ohwell:

MsMarvelDuckie
05-25-2016, 10:09 AM
Broke down and got Donnie today. Leo is next on my list as I like that he comes with the two mutagen canisters. I've decided to get all four after all. In particular I have plans for some of their heads.... :trazz:

Our Wal-Mart only had two of Leo and Donnie one Mikey and two Raph. BUT..... They also are promoting the heck out of the new movie, with THREE big displays up now- one of just figures and toys, one with sports gear, the old movie and cartoon DVDs, pillows and misc stuff, and one of the storybooks and some of the exclusive movie packs with the mini figs and masks.

Shark_Blade
05-25-2016, 10:11 AM
Wow we are so blessed to have so many turtles figures tbh. These look absolutely amazing.

DVD
05-25-2016, 01:40 PM

I can see that happening .

inaheap
05-25-2016, 02:07 PM
These must be selling alright. Walmart.com is sold out already.

Zulithe
05-25-2016, 03:01 PM
These must be selling alright. Walmart.com is sold out already.

I don't think they actually went in stock, did they?

Even though it says out of stock, don't think they added the first wave of stock unless someone actually saw them?

inaheap
05-25-2016, 03:06 PM
You might be right. I figured I just missed it. I didn't think Walmart did that. I know Target does though.

go_ninja84
05-25-2016, 03:07 PM
I don't think they actually went in stock, did they?

Even though it says out of stock, don't think they added the first wave of stock unless someone actually saw them?
no they were never in stock they were just added to the site about a week ago. best bet is to find them in store

TheCanadiandrome
05-25-2016, 08:33 PM
hopefully not US only

VaughnMichael
05-26-2016, 03:06 PM
FINALLY!!!! I found a decent looking Raphael with good paint and a box that isn't crushed or scratched.
These have been a pain in the @ss to get as every Wal-Mart in the Pittsburgh Area has a space for them but they either only got one case (a set of 4 figures) or haven't got them yet.
The paint has been horribly sploppy for 21.00 (with tax) figures.
The box's have been smashed, window plastic cracked, scratches on the box.
I'm buying these in hopes that we will get other figures but Playmates quality is just as bad as usual here.
I'm not surprised in the least though as it wouldn't be Playmates without poor quality control.

darthwahl56
05-26-2016, 05:02 PM
My boxes didn't look that bad, but I bought them to open and didn't care that much about the box condition, no, I cared more about the masks, pupils, and headparts, because that looked like the real issue with these. Then sometimes there was a glue mess up on the figure.

To be honest I would say you have more of a shipping and unloading problem. You see sometimes boxes trucked and relocated from one place to another get damaged. Playmates fault? not really. Then there is the average customer who turns the store upside down because they can. Things get stomped on and trashed by everybody.

EddieNES
05-26-2016, 07:52 PM
Anyone who opened these, do they have the sewer lid name base inside?

clockstomper
05-26-2016, 09:28 PM
They sold out frequently at toys r us but apparently this wasn't good enough for either Playmates or TRU, so they cancelled Shredder and Krang. Honestly with SH Figuarts and NECA in the game now, I'm not as tempted to get these.

Digital Ghost
05-26-2016, 11:55 PM

I don't have them but judging by reviews I've seen, no they don't.

Nerdatello
05-27-2016, 06:29 AM

I've got the Donatello figure, and no, he did not come with a sewer lid base. Kinda disappointed, but at the same time, I think I'd rather have more accessories than a base.

Lil Karai
05-27-2016, 11:27 AM
Pixel-Dan's review of Leo.
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=26492

4 heads is great, but not when 3 out of 4 of them look bad.

I'll agree with him and say, these aren't good representations of 90's movie turtles, but they are "okay" general Turtle figures.

MsMarvelDuckie
05-27-2016, 02:40 PM
I disagree. My Mikey and Donnie from this set are decent, and the expressions actually look pretty close to the movie. They're by no means perfect- I noticed one of Leo's extra heads has the bandana and eyes a tiny bit crooked from his beak, but it's not glaringly obvious. I have only minor complaints with mine- the fingers as mentioned before, and Don's shoulder being stiff. Nothing that is a game breaker though, and the accessories are cool. No base, but since I plan on doing pose pics with them that's not realky an issue. In fact, while experimenting with Donnie, I discovered that they balance pretty well even without a base, even in action poses like kicks and using weapons.

LincolnHawk
05-28-2016, 10:58 AM
They're not the best but the box display is decently put together and I want them to release other figures in this series like that damn Shredder & Krang we saw some time back so I couldn't help myself and give in and buy them.
It's really been frustrating finding them with good paint jobs or boxs that aren't smashed.
I had to pass up 2 more Raph's today.:ohwell:

found a whole set today and I can't bring myself to purchase these, every single one of them had derpy eyes....sorry just can't get past that

Autbot_Benz
05-28-2016, 11:42 AM
vsGWjVcqWRM

Zulithe
05-28-2016, 01:24 PM
walmart.com still hasn't stocked them :(

this is getting depressing... please stock them soon

Huzzah
05-28-2016, 07:12 PM
All the Mikey's I've seen are terrible which makes me sad. I've gotten and repainted Leo and Raph, and I'm surprisingly happy with the figures. It'll be couple weeks until I get Mikey and Donnie.

Powder
05-28-2016, 09:23 PM
Saw 3/4 in Wal-mart (No Donnie) & the trend of poor applications continues here.

DVD
05-28-2016, 09:28 PM
There's not a lot of paint apps to mess up ! Haha!
Just looked mine over. They all look ok with nothing sticking out that I can see and all boxes are minty.

LincolnHawk
05-28-2016, 11:40 PM
Saw 3/4 in Wal-mart (No Donnie) & the trend of poor applications continues here.

I mean I'm ok with the eyes being off just a little, but it seemed like all of them had 1 eye straight forward and the other one was off to to the right or left

Huzzah
05-29-2016, 05:50 AM
That's the biggest issue with these. The wonky eyes they all seem to possess, also the fact that the masks have misshapen eye spaces which just make the eyes worse. I guess the intent was there, but the execution is bad.

Candy Kappa
05-29-2016, 06:26 AM
Playmates doing Collector figures.

http://orig04.deviantart.net/b068/f/2016/150/8/c/derp_by_candykappa-da4bavs.jpg

Top notch, you guys.

go_ninja84
05-29-2016, 09:51 AM
that sickens me

LincolnHawk
05-29-2016, 11:19 AM

Top notch, you guys.

lol thats pretty bad

Huzzah
05-29-2016, 12:11 PM
None of my Leo heads came out like that. Honestly though I stuck with its initial head sculpt. It's definitely very Leo.

Autbot_Benz
05-29-2016, 12:21 PM

Top notch, you guys.

this is why we want Neca to do collector friendly turtles.

Meow
05-29-2016, 02:41 PM
Ok, cool, really top notch. I actually had interest for a long time in these but due to the high prices on ebay with all fees to EU included and _that_ kind of quality I'm seriously out.

I guess I'm good enough with the "movie 1" ones that cost me less than 2 of the movie 2 ones.

MsMarvelDuckie
05-29-2016, 06:21 PM
That is actually the exact Leo head I was talking about. But the others are all much better. It's just the one head that is off. You can see how the bandana and eyes are just slightly skewed from the beak. But the other three heads don't have that issue.

DVD
05-29-2016, 06:58 PM
The skewing is an easy fix.
The heads were manufactured in two parts so that top section can be turned, by hand.

MsMarvelDuckie
05-29-2016, 07:15 PM
Ah. Did not know that. Good to know! The ones I've seen all have decent paint apps except for one Raph. Alkwere gone today except the LAST Raph, so I snagged him. Never know when or if they will get more around here. I still haven't seen the new movie April or maskless Casey yet either.

05-31-2016, 11:27 AM
You haven't seen them because they aren't out yet.

Lordmylar06
05-31-2016, 11:46 AM
You haven't seen them because they aren't out yet.

These have been out for 2 weeks.

VaughnMichael
05-31-2016, 03:12 PM
These have been out for 2 weeks.
Maybe they mean in their area, because I've not seen them in PA yet.

Mew
05-31-2016, 04:04 PM
Maybe they mean in their area, because I've not seen them in PA yet.
I saw an April at my local Walmart in PA.

Meow
06-01-2016, 10:59 AM
That's why you're supposed to carry your smartphone with you these days because all I know is the 4 turtles are up for sale but none others than that. Would appreciate pics of movie II ooze secret april :)

Mew
06-01-2016, 12:48 PM
That's why you're supposed to carry your smartphone with you these days because all I know is the 4 turtles are up for sale but none others than that. Would appreciate pics of movie II ooze secret april :)
1. Don't have nor want a smartphone.
2. It's the TMNT Out of the Shadows April.

go_ninja84
06-01-2016, 12:55 PM
we were never getting a SOTO April, just the turtles and they are the same sculpts as the 90 movie figures we got in 2014

edit: ahh i see Mew beat me to the punch lol. i dont have a Smartphone either and i dont for see getting one. hooray for stone age!!

TheCanadiandrome
06-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Haha you primatives lol :lol:

06-01-2016, 06:04 PM
I was just thinking the other day how haunting it is that SOTO and OOTS are just the same letters rearranged.

Mew
06-01-2016, 06:11 PM
we were never getting a SOTO April, just the turtles and they are the same sculpts as the 90 movie figures we got in 2014

edit: ahh i see Mew beat me to the punch lol. i dont have a Smartphone either and i dont for see getting one. hooray for stone age!!
Stone age? :P
Is a Wii U stone age? XD

go_ninja84
06-02-2016, 02:20 AM
Stone age? :P
Is a Wii U stone age? XD
no i was referring to the Smartphone . i have a Wii U also and a PS4

DVD
06-02-2016, 03:43 AM

Are you sure it was from this range. To the best of my knowledge there are only the 4 turtles in this range. However, like R2, I have been known to be wrong: from time to time.

Powder
06-02-2016, 04:27 AM
Mew's in the wrong thread. He's talking about Out Of The Shadows April.

Mew
06-02-2016, 04:37 AM
Mew's in the wrong thread. He's talking about Out Of The Shadows April.
I never even realized I was in the wrong thread. (O_o)
This is why I drink coffee.

Etsyturtle2
06-02-2016, 06:00 AM
I was just thinking the other day how haunting it is that SOTO and OOTS are just the same letters rearranged.
They did that on purpose, i bet.

slaysghosts
06-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Anxious to see if someone pops the 16 heads apart, switch them around and find some good matches that look like the Hensen puppets.

hitmonkey
06-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Anxious to see if someone pops the 16 heads apart, switch them around and find some good matches that look like the Hensen puppets.

I popped the spare Raph heads apart and used them to make a red masked head for each Turtle. I still need to white out the eyes.

TheBlueTurtle1
06-06-2016, 01:41 AM
I popped the spare Raph heads apart and used them to make a red masked head for each Turtle. I still need to white out the eyes.

Pictures please!

TheBlueTurtle1
06-13-2016, 08:48 AM
Are these still "timed exclusives"? Will they be creeping in to other stores soon?

go_ninja84
06-13-2016, 10:51 AM
Are these still "timed exclusives"? Will they be creeping in to other stores soon?
they were only exclusive to Walmart

TheBlueTurtle1
06-13-2016, 01:11 PM
they were only exclusive to Walmart

I thought I read they were timed exclusive to walmart for like a month, then they were gonna spill out to other retailers:ohwell:

Zulithe
08-04-2016, 06:43 AM
I don't have a walmart around so I have been waiting on walmart.com to list them.

Well, it finally happened. They have all four on their site.. but they are charging $40 per figure. Double MSRP. (Yes i'm talking about walmart itself not a third party seller)

This is clearly a pricing error. Their website is very poor and this happens sometimes when competitors (like toywiz) who list items on their site at outrageous prices get "price matched" by walmart.com once the item goes in stock. I don't really know how or why it works that way, but I've seen it on lots of other figures too.

Does anyone know how to contact walmart and get them to correct the prices? I sent an email but the character limit on the form is too small for me to describe the full issue. I have to wait for them to email me back... assuming they actually will.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1990-Movie-6-Raphael-Figure/49229257

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1990-Movie-6-Leonardo-Figure/49229254

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1990-Movie-6-Donatello-Figure/49229260

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1990-Movie-6-Michelangelo-Figure/49229256

Zulithe
08-12-2016, 03:54 AM
Well i heard back. Yeah, they aren't going to do anything about the price. Such lovely customer service.

They can go unsold then.

Candy Kappa
08-12-2016, 04:37 AM
$40!? That's hilarious, it's even more expensive then what the Toon Classics goes for here in Norway.

There's not been any new Classics arriving, cause the toy stores are burnt in on the Toon figures with a $30 price tag.

Zulithe
08-12-2016, 06:34 PM
UPDATE: the prices are now $20. sometime today they changed it... finally. Not sure if my contact with them helped. I'm just gonna pretend it did. lol.

Links are three posts up ^^^

go_ninja84
08-13-2016, 05:51 AM
My Walmart is loaded with these figures. At least 3 or 4 sets

thundermaster612
08-13-2016, 06:55 AM
Has anybody gotten any restocks on these guys at their stores?

go_ninja84
08-13-2016, 07:00 AM
Has anybody gotten any restocks on these guys at their stores?
look one msg above yours :trolleye:

thundermaster612
08-13-2016, 07:20 AM
look one msg above yours :trolleye:

Well here's what I meant, but this time I'm adding a little bit more detail for specification. Has anybody gotten another supply of these figures after they've all gone out? Like has it happened to multiple people? did your figures sell out making the ones on the shelves right now another supply?

go_ninja84
08-13-2016, 07:46 AM
Well here's what I meant, but this time I'm adding a little bit more detail for specification. Has anybody gotten another supply of these figures after they've all gone out? Like has it happened to multiple people? did your figures sell out making the ones on the shelves right now another supply?
Yes they sold out because I bought them out when they were initially released. I was looking at some Superman vs Batman figures and noticed they were restocked with a lot of them

calmik
08-23-2016, 04:34 PM
Finally picked my set up. been looking for these forever. Walmart had 1 set and the boxes were pretty mashed. good thing i am opening them.

METALHEAD
09-19-2016, 10:57 PM
for months i couldn't find it in my stores. 3 stores, 2 others far from me. nada. i gave up and just ordered all four on walmart.com