PDA

View Full Version : Prop Replica of Leo's Katana

Autbot_Benz
03-30-2016, 02:17 PM
Saw this listed on Big Bad Toy Store.com

http://i68.tinypic.com/121bqmc.jpg

Candy Kappa
03-30-2016, 02:32 PM
That's actually a pretty nice wall hanger, with a lot of details. Really like the fake Ray skin and turtle menuki.

d_osborn
03-30-2016, 02:53 PM
Cool, but I would much rather have a replica of the funky, weathered katana from the 1990 movie.

Well, if I'm being honest, I would rather have the real deal. I had the chance to buy a set and didn't jump on it. I'm still kicking myself in the ass. :lol:

IndigoErth
03-30-2016, 07:38 PM
Were I ever to buy a decorative sword (because likewise I'd rather have a real one some day), a replica of Leo's would certainly do the trick. :twink:

Sabacooza
03-31-2016, 01:49 PM
Very nice collectable. I'd like to see the other weapons put out as well.

IndigoErth
04-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Yeah, it would be cool to see all of their weapons made. If it ends up with a bunch of films like Transformers, would be nice if they made another of the weapons per film.

Anyhow... As it turns out, this will be mine.

Couldn't stand it, just spent most of my time at work today trying to figure out how to justify splurging on something like that... I basically never actually splurge on anything; if I spend over $30 in a store I feel like it's too much. Most of that comes from a period of unemployment and forsaking buying any wants in favor of only what is needed (not to mention the influence of overly money concerned father, pricey dental work over the last few months and other bills, etc), but been working the current job for almost 6 months, so screw it, I'm rewarding myself. The only thing that made me a little sad about the Turtles going all CGI was the thought that their stuff would never be props that could get into the hands of fans eventually... so that this will even exist is kind of awesome. :)

Didn't think I'd ever be into buying a 'display' sword, but this can be an exception. (Hopefully there will be an actual razor sharp beauty displayed alongside it some day, but only if and when I feel I've earned it.)

Chris
05-04-2016, 04:57 PM
That's actually pretty cool.