PDA

View Full Version : Official Contest - Design Artwork for TMNT:Out of the Shadows

graphic_content
04-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Design artwork for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (https://www.talenthouse.com/i/design-artwork-for-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows)

To celebrate the theatrical release of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, artists from around the world are invited to design an eye-catching sewer access cover inspired by the newest installment of the franchise.

In order to attempt to save the city and people they love, the Turtles are forced to risk it all and emerge from underground, out into a world that doesn’t always accept them. Through art, we want to explore this concept of coming out of the shadows.

Please read the "Things to Consider" section below before starting your design. Artists must download the provided template when creating their artwork. Artists should also download the Artist Brief and Artist Toolkit to help aid in their submission.

Twenty Selected Finalists, as chosen by Paramount Pictures, will receive exposure for their work across Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows and Talenthouse’s social media channels. From the twenty Selected Finalists, five Overall Selected Artists will be selected and receive $1,000 each. The remaining fifteen artists will receive $200 each.

All twenty pieces of selected artwork will be printed onto sewer access covers and will be featured at selected global events.

Mew
04-01-2016, 01:47 PM
I am doing this!!!

IndigoErth
04-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Was hoping it was going to be character art, some people do them real well, but this sounds cool too. Not to mention sounds like a decent challenge to do something with a manhole cover that's somehow eye-catching and inspired by the film.

Etsyturtle2
04-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Was hoping it was going to be character art, some people do them real well, but this sounds cool too. Not to mention sounds like a decent challenge to do something with a manhole cover that's somehow eye-catching and inspired by the film.

it is character art.

TigerClaw
04-01-2016, 05:38 PM
One thing I noticed about this contest is, even though the Artist who would win this, they are getting a lot of money, but I'm surprise Paramount isn't doing something like, the winner going to the red carpet premiere.

Bry
04-01-2016, 05:50 PM
Y'know, usually I'd love the chance to draw something that'd have some "official" inclusion in TMNT lore, even on a tiny level... but...

X02EwkGqyto

Aaronardo
04-01-2016, 05:59 PM
Hey, all you suckers on Japanese deviantArt the Internet, you wanna get some money? Now you can! Just draw us some ugly-as-hell shrek Turtles in honor for a f*cking awful sequel to a craptastic movie and ruin your reputation in the eyes of anyone who actually respects TMNT!

Even if I could draw I wouldn't do this -.-

Powder
04-01-2016, 06:03 PM
They should have us re-design their films look, if anything. :tlol:

IndigoErth
04-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Alright, so if they are allowing characters to be depicted on it... then this is mostly just art in the confines of a circle rather than being, well, a manhole cover?

One thing I noticed about this contest is, even though the Artist who would win this, they are getting a lot of money, but I'm surprise Paramount isn't doing something like, the winner going to the red carpet premiere.
Well, it sounds like it's just (not to diminish it with the use of 'just') some fun little thing they're doing as a promo that could get work noticed, but not a big single winner search for one piece of art out of a particular need for it. Those prizes aren't all that big.

Maybe it's somewhat similar to the various art that was done for the first and given out as posters via theaters? Not necessarily for the same use, but a collection of works chosen.

Hey look... free copy of their font, cool. And Photoshop file of logo.

TrickOrTreater
04-01-2016, 10:32 PM
Y'know, usually I'd love the chance to draw something that'd have some "official" inclusion in TMNT lore, even on a tiny level... but...

X02EwkGqyto

Concept:

Simple manhole cover with the words

"Human Waste Depository Here"

marcelangelo
04-02-2016, 03:30 AM
just for the record...that is NOT a lot of money for this work...
they are cheapskates those bums...;)

IndigoErth
04-02-2016, 04:27 PM
The real reward is the exposure. :tcool: So those who can do the good stuff, get crackin' :trazz: - unless it's not a desirable avenue of exposure for you, I guess.

Were it supposed to actually look like a manhole cover, or "sewer access cover" as they so fancily put it, and just be text and whatnot I might have given it a go just for fun, but if people are able to put the characters on it... I'm out, not a chance in heck compared to many out there. lol

IndigoErth
06-03-2016, 08:42 PM
All twenty pieces of selected artwork will be printed onto sewer access covers and will be featured at selected global events.

What became of this? Any hint anywhere of these being used at any premieres or whatnot? Did any of you guys do it?