PDA

View Full Version : Official TMNT 2 Trailer #2 Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

TigerClaw
04-10-2016, 07:53 PM
Since the 2nd trailer will debut on Monday morning, this will be the official discussion thread for it.

VAbRg7xUtVU

thundermaster612
04-11-2016, 04:41 AM
Since the 2nd trailer will debut on Monday morning, this will be the official discussion thread for it.

Where can we find it when its up?

Powder
04-11-2016, 04:56 AM
One would assume Youtube, as ever.

Etsyturtle2
04-11-2016, 04:57 AM
Where can we find it when its up?

The TMNT Movie YouTube channel.www.youtube.com/user/TMNTMovie1/videos?sort=dd&live_view=500&flow=list&view=0

bushido
04-11-2016, 06:04 AM
VAbRg7xUtVU

Vicky82
04-11-2016, 06:14 AM
Oh wow that was awesome, May 30th here I come :D

Etsyturtle2
04-11-2016, 06:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4coQvSe.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Yd0Utvi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QJzlpsk.jpg

newhire13
04-11-2016, 06:25 AM
Interesting, playing up the teenage insecurity angle.

Powder
04-11-2016, 06:35 AM
Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, they add a Turtles Try To Become Human plot. Jesus Chriiiiiist.

"Sensei Shredder"? "I'm a 'lil piggy?" Quality writing once more... :trolleye:

D Piddy 1982
04-11-2016, 06:42 AM
When the first Bay Turtles came out I was fairly excited, and I must've watched the various trailers multiple times over.

This time round I've been fairly subdued since the start, and I just watched this trailer but had no urge to watch it again.

I'm a passionate and fairly open minded TMNT fan...and I will be going to see this in the cinema...but...I just can't get pumped up for this...

Rogue One however...I've watched that trailer like a million times! :)

Vicky82
04-11-2016, 06:52 AM
There seemed to be a lot more turtle interactions in this movie, which i'm glad about as there wasn't that much in the last movie.

Not sure about the different colour mutagen that can turn the turtles into humans, but hey i'm open minded, it will be different. I just have to see what happens when I see it.

pdizzle
04-11-2016, 07:01 AM
Ok....aint gonna lie, i really enjoyed that. Its nice to see there will be some serious elements for the turtles in here too and not just goofball humor. Tho i thought someone said we would see more of krang in this trailer at the panel

Etsyturtle2
04-11-2016, 07:02 AM
I really hope they make a big deal over them trying to be human.
This will kill all hype I have for this movie.

Candy Kappa
04-11-2016, 07:05 AM
So... There was some nice bits until the "we can be human" segment, and it was all downhill from there.

Ugh.

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 07:14 AM
I thought the trailer was good, I was expecting some more Krang, but i guess they are holding back from showing him for the surprises.

It's cool to see some shots of the parade scenes that we seen filming off several months ago, and I was right about the Mikey going out and blending in.

Allio
04-11-2016, 07:15 AM
was that actual character development?

Vicky82
04-11-2016, 07:17 AM
I sort of understand whats going to happen in this movie.

(I'll put under spoilers, just incase i'm right)

Some of the turtles want to become human but Leo is against it and they all argue over it. I guess towards the end of the movie when Krang attacks, they all say if they were human they wouldn't have able to stop the krang invasion.

That's how I see it.

Etsyturtle2
04-11-2016, 07:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rowAyUp.png
Will Donnie ever be cured from this?

Allio
04-11-2016, 07:29 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rowAyUp.png
Will Donnie ever be cured from this?

"I bet it will feel pretty big in this hand"
-deadpool

NinjaPug
04-11-2016, 07:33 AM
The more they reveal about this movie the worse it looks and sounds to me. This turning human subplot is worse than anything in the first movie which is saying something.

Sabacooza
04-11-2016, 08:12 AM
Not impressed. The whole human angle will suck if they implement it.

evan2000
04-11-2016, 08:15 AM
"HUMAN?"

http://i.imgur.com/VLEThC3.jpg

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 08:16 AM
gonna try to make some GIFs of some of the new scenes in a while.

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 08:17 AM
"HUMAN?"

I remember that episode, It's when Mikey turned human for a while, in the end he turned back to a Turtle again.

Chabrendeki
04-11-2016, 08:18 AM
[sarcasm on]

What happens with the shell of a mutant turtle, if it mutates to a human? Drops off? Mutates to skin? Propos skin: Will they remain green? :D

A lot of interesting questions, we never wanted to ask, will be now answered by this fantastic, new movie!

No... that's too much. let's stay by "new" and forget "fantastic".

[sarcasm off]

Vicky82
04-11-2016, 08:20 AM
Probably get flamed for this but what the hell :P

If this 'the turtles find a new mutagen that turns them human' happen in the cartoon I bet nobody would complain about it.

Gunstar_Red
04-11-2016, 08:21 AM
Now we all know why they wear pants now! :P

But seriously, why is everyone surprised about this new plot point? These movies are taking all sorts of cues from the 80s series episodes. As Evan pointed out, the turning human part is from 'Gang's All Here'.

Whether or not that was a good episode to take inspiration from, that's the good question.

I don't mind it because it will give some character development this version of the Turtles need.

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 08:22 AM
Probably get flamed for this but what the hell :P

If this 'the turtles find a new mutagen that turns them human' happen in the cartoon I bet nobody would complain about it.
Here's a clip of that episode.

JMj3kyNkkK0

Vicky82
04-11-2016, 08:27 AM
Now we all know why they wear pants now! :P

But seriously, why is everyone surprised about this new plot point? These movies are taking all sorts of cues from the 80s series episodes. As Evan pointed out, the turning human part is from 'Gang's All Here'.

Whether or not that was a good episode to take inspiration from, that's the good question.

I don't mind it because it will give some character development this version of the Turtles need.

Exactly

They won't be turning human in the movie. It looks like Raph and Mikey want to turn human but Leo and Donnie are against it and of they will argue over it and by the end of the movie Raph and Mikey will know that turning into human will be big mistake because who would stop the Krang's invasion.

TurtleTitan97
04-11-2016, 08:30 AM
Oh god, they're actually doing the "TMNT into humans" idea.

Just when I thought I couldn't dislike this movie any more, they pull an idea from one of the OT's worst episodes. Gimme a break. :roll:

Bry
04-11-2016, 08:36 AM
Hahahahahahahahahaha

*deep breath*

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh my god, you guys. Just...

Hahahahahahahahaha

ranger_scout
04-11-2016, 08:37 AM
It looks like a fun film. I am glad that there is lots of focus on the turtles and the scene between Bebop and Rocksteady after they mutated was funny.

"HUMAN?"

That's exactly what came to my mind as well.

Chabrendeki
04-11-2016, 08:42 AM
There are so many subplots in this movie, that shows me, the producers have no idea what to make with them - no way they can explore this plots: I bet they will be just thrown in, without any sense and consequences.

- Casey Jones
- Baxter Stockman
- Bebop and Rocksteady
- Shredder returns
- Krang invades
- Turtles turn to human

NYShell
04-11-2016, 08:43 AM
The trailer looked alright. Splinter looks a lot better. He actually has hair on his face and doesn't look like a wet sausage. I don't like the whole trying to become human. I bet they'll show the actual turtle actors playing the human form at some point. The CG looks a lot more questionable this time around. I have very low expectations for the writing and tone, but I'll still see it. It just screams "modern, generic, Hollywood" (But again, still going to see it)

Ceres
04-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Wow, this is like a life action Fred Wolf Episode lol. But how disappointing, no Krang action :D I want to hear him talk, i wonder how this voice actor of him will sound.

Some of these lines are The Next Mutation like in cheesiness xD

Gunpowder
04-11-2016, 08:45 AM
So Pete Ploszek is voicing Leo this time, right? Is that confirmed? Because I definitely don't hear Knoxville.

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 08:45 AM
Here's Bebop and Rocksteady from the new TMNT 2 trailer.

http://i.imgur.com/zUpQAVj.gif

This is moments after they mutated.

Vicky82
04-11-2016, 08:50 AM
I wonder who's voicing Splinter because that doesn't sound like Tony Shalhoub.

TurtleTitan97
04-11-2016, 08:53 AM
Here's Bebop and Rocksteady from the new TMNT 2 trailer.

http://i.imgur.com/zUpQAVj.gif

This is moments after they mutated.

You don't say??? :trolleye:

In other breaking news, water is wet.

Foombamaroom
04-11-2016, 08:56 AM
That wasn't.... bad.

I'm still hesitant to believe that the Turtles are the focus of this movie, but if they are, good. I don't really mind the human subplot as long as its not really over the top, although it defies logic and physics and chemistry for the purple mutagen to turn them human.

It seems like a kids movie where the Turtles are gonna learn some sort of lesson about being who they truly are.

DioLeo451
04-11-2016, 08:57 AM
I wonder who's voicing Splinter because that doesn't sound like Tony Shalhoub.
Still Tony Shalhoub

ZariusTwo
04-11-2016, 09:02 AM
Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, they add a Turtles Try To Become Human plot. Jesus Chriiiiiist.:

As everyone has pointed out, the original 'toon did that several times. In fact, I would'nt be surprised if Mikey's the one to turn human like in the old 'toon (I remember that one more for him kissing April at the end)

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 09:02 AM
That wasn't.... bad.

I'm still hesitant to believe that the Turtles are the focus of this movie, but if they are, good. I don't really mind the human subplot as long as its not really over the top, although it defies logic and physics and chemistry for the purple mutagen to turn them human.

It seems like a kids movie where the Turtles are gonna learn some sort of lesson about being who they truly are.
Its interesting cause this purple ooze also acts as a retromutagen, so instead of having two different kinds, they just combined it into one.

Now if the purple ooze can turn mutants into humans, then it's possible that the Turtles will use the purple ooze on Bebop and Rocksteady, to turn them back to humans in the end, just like how it happened in Secret Of The Ooze, turning Rahzar and Tokka back to normal animals.

Powder
04-11-2016, 09:04 AM
Some of these lines are the next mutation like in cheesiness xd

TNM > PDTMNT

You do know the original 'toon did that several times right? In fact, I would'nt be surprised if Mikey's the one to turn human, that's what happened in the old 'toon too

It was awful & stupid then, too. Besides, a throwaway episode & a theatrical film are of wildly different scales. One's a bug in an otherwise deliciously prepared meal, the other's like a gunshot wound after a stabbing. If they wanted a nostalgic ooze plot, they should've used retro-mutagen, Shredder threatening to strip them back to standard turtle forms. More compelling, less cheesy.

ZariusTwo
04-11-2016, 09:12 AM
u3BclsxYvNM

Zombilly
04-11-2016, 09:12 AM
I bet the mutagen to turn them human will end up altering their appearance, to change it up from the current look that not many seem to care for anyway.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-11-2016, 09:14 AM
Oh wow. :trolleye:

And some of us foolishly believed this would be an improvement over the first movie.

"We can be human?" Shoot me. :trolleye:

(Completely overshadowed by that BS, Splinter looks better and the "I'm a little piggy" joke did make me laugh...)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-11-2016, 09:15 AM
TNM > PDTMNT

It was awful & stupid then, too. Besides, a throwaway episode & a theatrical film are of wildly different scales. One's a bug in an otherwise deliciously prepared meal, the other's like a gunshot wound after a stabbing. If they wanted a nostalgic ooze plot, they should've used retro-mutagen, Shredder threatening to strip them back to standard turtle forms. More compelling, less cheesy.

THANK you. Just because something came from the cartoon doesn't mean it isn't idiotic drivel.

neatoman
04-11-2016, 09:16 AM
So basically the plot is going to be about Shredder trying to turn humans into animal monsters. If I had to guess it's to fend off Kraang rather than serve Kraang, seeing how there are no mutants in the Technodrome's attack. Oh yeah, and obviously the Turtles are still going to be Turtles at the end of the movie, more sequels and all that.

I'm assuming the effects of the purple mutagen are not permanent, seeing how Donnie uses it on his hand and like I said before, they're not going to be human at the end of the movie. I'm fine with it, might explain why Bebop and Rocksteady are so casual about being transformed into monsters, and it makes the human to mutant transformation different from the animal mutant transformation in a more practical way.

Let's face it, it didn't really matter in previous incarnations if the mutants started out as human or animals, both basically yielded the same results. So if this really where they're going with this (that Bebop and Rocksteady can/will transform back into humans), I'm fine with it.

That said, the turtles wanting to transform into humans is a dumb plot regardless.

"HUMAN?"

And thankfully, it can't be as bad as that.

Vicky82
04-11-2016, 09:17 AM
I bet the mutagen to turn them human will end up altering their appearance, to change it up from the current look that not many seem to care for anyway.

They are not going to turn human, they are just talking about it but Leo and maybe Donnie is against the idea but Raph and Mikey want to turn human. But in the end they will know it's going to be bad idea anyway

Powder
04-11-2016, 09:20 AM
If you don't think at least Noel Fisher is gonna have an on-screen appearance, you're nuts. They've been pushing their facial resemblances since day one, & now can't help but take it one step further. Be it a temporary de-mutation, a dream sequence, whatever, I'd bet we'll see one or all of their human actors pop up.

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 09:23 AM
They are not going to turn human, they are just talking about it but Leo and maybe Donnie is against the idea but Raph and Mikey want to turn human. But in the end they will know it's going to be bad idea anyway
I think the Turtles will use the purple ooze to turn Bebop and Rocksteady back into humans, just like what happened in Secret Of The Ooze.

neatoman
04-11-2016, 09:24 AM
I think the Turtles will use the purple ooze to turn Bebop and Rocksteady back into humans, just like what happened in Secret Of The Ooze.

So what? Basically a remake of that movie with Kraang replacing Vanilla Ice?

Foombamaroom
04-11-2016, 09:24 AM
"We could become human... and spend less money on CGI."

Mutants to humans? Movie 1 was Amazing Spider-Man, and I guess Movie 2 will be X-Men. Fvckin' hell, writers.

But I just can't wait to watch this movie using... ugh... other methods.

Vicky82
04-11-2016, 09:26 AM

I rather not see Bebop and Rocksteady turn back into humans because if there is going to be a 3rd movie, I like to see them in that.

IndigoErth
04-11-2016, 09:29 AM
Human? Eh... Hoping that is only a very minor small side thing that doesn't really develop and by the end they are happy to be who they are. The one aspect I like there with that is the suggestion of a possible division between them where that is concerned with Leo being opposed to the idea. Speaking of which/who - appreciate a little more focus on him in this, or at least this trailer, after the first film mostly just had him present and accounted for and not much else. That plus the fact indications are looking pretty good that we're getting Pete voicing Leo, so at least that much gets points from me, for better or for worse otherwise.

But what is with these mutagens and the crazy stuff they can do unintentionally?

Okay, humans are animals too, and I suppose it stands to reason that it's not just humans that could be turned into something else, but should it really work that way with someone who's already been mutated? Donnie you're going to end up a twitching lump on the floor if you keep experimenting on yourself.

Also, it's weird how something as normal as having five fingers looks REALLY creepy and bizarre on them. o.O (Even when it would have made sense for them to have all five in the first place. At least the designers didn't do that.)

edit: Though this now added interesting context to one of the lines said by the talking Leo figure.

Vicky82
04-11-2016, 09:29 AM
"We could become human... and spend less money on CGI."

Mutants to humans? Movie 1 was Amazing Spider-Man, and I guess Movie 2 will be X-Men. Fvckin' hell, writers.

But I just can't wait to watch this movie using... ugh... other methods.

They are not going to turn human, they are just talking and arguing about it.

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 09:36 AM
Don't mind them, they will argue over anything.

anyways, they hardly show Krang in this new trailer, cause they wanna keep it a surprise, which I think is a good thing.

Shredder wants to built an army of mutants, which he's done in previous cartoons, I wonder if Krang has something to do with it, perhaps that purple ooze is from dimension X, just like in the 80s cartoon.

Bry
04-11-2016, 09:37 AM
If they wanted a nostalgic ooze plot, they should've used retro-mutagen, Shredder threatening to strip them back to standard turtle forms. More compelling, less cheesy.

Visions of a different sequel that never came to pass...

https://36.media.tumblr.com/1c5167f56542865fc8eefcbce993e301/tumblr_mw6u8wmEe71rsgxdxo1_500.jpg

Powder
04-11-2016, 09:40 AM

Don't mind them, they will argue over anything.

You can't say they won't with any more certainty than we speculate they will. Knock it off.

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 09:42 AM
You can't say they won't with any more certainty than we speculate they will. Knock it off.
I tell it like it is.

neatoman
04-11-2016, 09:44 AM
I rather not see Bebop and Rocksteady turn back into humans because if there is going to be a 3rd movie, I like to see them in that.

Right, but it would not shock me if they did turn back into humans in this movie and then mutated again in the third one. Either that or the next movie will replace them with new mutants in order to market more to... Uuuuuuuhhhhh... To market more with "pulling from the deep lore and expanding upon the lore"...
http://i.imgur.com/CTuk8TN.png
http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/tmnt-fred-wolf-season-5-dirtbag-groundchuck.jpg
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/a/a8/Wild_Clones_Appeared.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20121024115448
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/antagonist/images/9/97/Df.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131109150845
http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/18154/4027677-bludgeon3.png

Powder
04-11-2016, 09:44 AM
I tell it like it is.

No you don't, you just state the obvious, reiterate the obvious, & get snooty when negative opinions are shared.

I'd show you an example of telling it like it is, but I'd rather not get banned.

Vicky82
04-11-2016, 09:48 AM

No I won't knock if off, I just can't believe that some stupid people here actually think the turtles are going to turn human in the movie.

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 09:49 AM
No you don't, you just state the obvious, reiterate the obvious, & get snooty when negative opinions are shared.

I'd show you an example of telling it like it is, but I'd rather not get banned.
Whatever, I just see through all the BS that goes around here.

Vicky82
04-11-2016, 09:53 AM

I'm not moaning at people being negative about the movie, i'm moaning about people who think the turtles are going to turn into humans.

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 09:56 AM
Here's a shot of Bebop flipping cars at Casey Jones.

http://i.imgur.com/LWL7Un4.gif

Powder
No I won't knock if off, I just can't believe that some stupid people here actually think the turtles are going to turn human in the movie.

Donnie's hand starts to become human, that is very suggestive of the possibility. It sets a precedence. You don't think it'll happen, fine, but people are by no means stupid for thinking they might, with that being said. I didn't call you stupid for thinking this movie will be good...

I'm not moaning at people being negative about the movie, i'm moaning about people who think the turtles are going to turn into humans.

I didn't even quote you in that post, I was talking to Tigerclaw.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Powder speaks the truth.

With all the effort PD puts into translating the mocap/voice actors' facial features to the Turtle designs, we will absolutely get something with the guys in human form. Like he said, dream sequence, hallucination, something.

Vicky82
04-11-2016, 09:59 AM
Powder speaks the truth.

With all the effort PD puts into translating the mocap/voice actors' facial features to the Turtle designs, we will absolutely get something with the guys in human form. Like he said, dream sequence, hallucination, something.

Yeah I can see that happening but they not going to pour mutagen all over themselves and turn human.

Powder
04-11-2016, 10:00 AM
I'm sorry, did you work on the film? What source of yours can confirm that?

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Yeah I can see that happening but they not going to pour mutagen all over themselves and turn human.
Just ignore him, he's always trying to start something, this happens in every part of these forums.

Vicky82
04-11-2016, 10:01 AM
I'm sorry, did you work on the film? What source of yours can confirm that?

Well when the movie comes out in 7 weeks , i'll tell you :D

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 10:02 AM
I knew when starting this thread, that this would happen, and I'm not surprised by it, so whatever.

Powder
04-11-2016, 10:03 AM
Well when the movie comes out in 7 weeks , i'll tell you :D

Fair enough. :tlol:

Just ignore him, he's always trying to start something, this happens in every part of these forums.

I knew when starting this thread, that this would happen, and I'm not surprised by it, so whatever.

You're old enough to be my dad & yet you can't see when people are having a casual debate or difference of opinion? Get a grip, man.

Vicky82
04-11-2016, 10:11 AM

I agree with him, I like the idea the turtles turning human in a dream sequence ect that would be funny.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-11-2016, 10:13 AM

No, but the movie IS going to spend much more time than anyone cares about debating whether or not they should turn human.

Powder
04-11-2016, 10:14 AM
Or it'll barely be touched on at all. :trazz:

Then again, I guess the Halloween parade, outing to police, film title, etc, it all ties into that theme...

Vicky82
04-11-2016, 10:18 AM
No, but the movie IS going to spend much more time than anyone cares about debating whether or not they should turn human.

Yeah they will be discussing and arguing over it, Mikey and Raph want to turn human but Leo is against it, not sure about Donnie though I guess he will be against it.

In the end they will know that turning human will be bad.

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 10:22 AM
Yeah they will be discussing and arguing over it, Mikey and Raph want to turn human but Leo is against it, not sure about Donnie though I guess he will be against it.

In the end they will know that turning human will be bad.
True, turning into humans would make them weaker, having no shell would be a problem in certain situations where you are protected by it.

Vicky82
04-11-2016, 10:24 AM
Found this on Tumblr, thought it was funny

https://41.media.tumblr.com/dafe42f47033d42a555bb5524abc93a7/tumblr_o5h8sthlaJ1qemre2o1_540.png

:lol:

D Piddy 1982
04-11-2016, 10:45 AM
I remember once, many moons ago, I would have defended the original PD TMNT to the hilt, even before I'd seen it.

Now, older, wiser and taking a step back, it really is quite amusing...and sometimes disturbing...the way some blindly follow Bay into his chasm of evil destroying all that has been laid before.

ZariusTwo
04-11-2016, 10:52 AM
THANK you. Just because something came from the cartoon doesn't mean it isn't idiotic drivel.

TMNT has always had idiotic drivel. In every incarnation.

ToTheNines
04-11-2016, 10:53 AM
Yeahhhhhhhhhh...

I continue to be embarrassed by these movies. New low with the human crap.

Then quit making threads.

Bry
04-11-2016, 10:53 AM
I remember once, many moons ago, I would have defended the original PD TMNT to the hilt, even before I'd seen it.

Now, older, wiser and taking a step back, it really is quite amusing...and sometimes disturbing...the way some blindly follow Bay into his chasm of evil destroying all that has been laid before.

Blind franchise loyalty is a hell of a drug. :trazz:

sethmartin
04-11-2016, 10:55 AM
I see a lot of people pointing to that one episode where Mikey becomes human. However, the entire plot of the first season of the OT Series involved the turtles trying to obtain a device from Shredder to turn Splinter back into human form. We can blame the writers for coming up with a lame idea, but it's directly lifted from Season one of the OT show as are many elements of this movie.

I think it's an interesting idea, and definitely could play well with the turtles, but what kills it for me is Donny trying it out on himself, thus proving it works. I think if it was theoretical, it would be better. Would they really become human though? Wouldn't they turn into a half human/ half mutated turtle? Bebop and Rocksteady didn't become full animals. They became a hybrid.

That being said, I think this movie definitely looks closer to the source material than last time, even if that source material is the OT Series. It didn't come off quite as goofy as I originally thought it would and I think Leo looks pretty badass.

ZariusTwo
04-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Blind franchise loyalty is a hell of a drug. :trazz:

Yep, there's a reason I rolled my eyes and stopped posting in the TMNT sections. I disagreed with all the love for the Nick show, so I walked away from it. These movies are all I really bother with in regards to the franchise, and that's sad enough

Galactus
04-11-2016, 11:12 AM
I liked the trailer a lot but not for the reasons you think. I think it shows very clear warning signs that this be so bad it could end this movie series.

I was expecting to see more of Casey Jones definitely as well Rebecca Vincent, Vern and Baxter considering we know they are a sizeable part of this movie. They are really giving this the hard sell that this is a turtle-centric movie to the point I imagine some will be disappointed when they see the movie and it's not.

Y'know I've never been that down on The Gangs All Here. It's a sub par episode with some so overly silly concepts but not more so than a lot of Season 3 episodes but clearly it's an unpopular episode so it's astonishing that it seems they took influence from it. Either that or it's they reached the same crappy ideas all on their own. I will admit it's an interesting concept for conflict but at least in that OT episode it portrayed the transformation as a gruelling experience but making it that easy that a little pipette drop of mutagen can transform Don's hand with no adverse affects then I see no reason they can easily transform back and forth undermining their own conflict. Also it seems more than a little contrived. Rather than personal conflict based on something relevant to the plot or established in their characters they have to manufacture something to disagree on.

I will eat some crow that it looks like (at least so far) Raph's fear of heights doesn't seem like they are overdoing it even if that splat is still pathetic. I don't know what it is but I agree that there's something underwhelming about these trailers. With the previous movie they were bad in the sense that it tipped us off how the movie severely lacked in source fidelity but as trailers for an action movie they were well made. Making everything seem so silly makes everything feel so inconsequential.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-11-2016, 11:14 AM
Yep, there's a reason I rolled my eyes and stopped posting in the TMNT sections. I disagreed with all the love for the Nick show, so I walked away from it. These movies are all I really bother with in regards to the franchise, and that's sad enough

IDW comics, man. Stop depriving yourself!

ZariusTwo
04-11-2016, 11:16 AM
IDW comics, man. Stop depriving yourself!

I'd read them more if I could afford to go to the LCS every month, but I'm a busy badger:)

I do have some of Batman/TMNT though.

Krutch
04-11-2016, 11:37 AM
I'll say it: I actually like the story element of them weighing the options of becoming human. "Wanting to be human" has never really been a defining factor of the franchise, and I like new things, so I'm open to see where they take it.

Of course, it definitely has all the chance of being a horrible, horrible storyline full of uncharacteristic behaviours but we'll see, I guess. Maybe we'll see sides of the TMNT we've never seen before with this storyline.

I'm curious enough to check it out :)

Galactus
04-11-2016, 11:51 AM
Right, but it would not shock me if they did turn back into humans in this movie and then mutated again in the third one

Sadly it looks like the ship has already sailed with the trailer but mutation being as easy as slipping on and off a new pair of shoes is something that should be avoided.

sethmartin
04-11-2016, 12:00 PM
I doubt that they will turn into humans in this movie. It will probably just be a plot device that causes friction and will ultimately bring them closer together. Whether it's done well or not, I can't say until I see the movie.

Krutch
04-11-2016, 12:11 PM

That's the dream... And a 99.9 percent chance a dream it will stay, most likely.

BoggleKng
04-11-2016, 12:16 PM
The only glimmer of excitement I had while watching the new trailer was watching the new interactions between Bebop and Rocksteady. As Beastie Boys fan, the overuse of the No Sleep track made the rest of it terribly annoying.. As for the Turtles turning human, I expected more than a recycled plot line..

GeneralTragg
04-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Oh god, why must this be!?

thundermaster612
04-11-2016, 12:39 PM
I think Donnie's hand will turn back to normal, also if you guys have seen the normal thread I talked about seeing clips in an 'Insider' interview, those clips were shown in the trailer

Foombamaroom
04-11-2016, 12:52 PM
Huh. Something I noticed; 2014 had a heavy emphasis on Raph in their marketing. This one has a heavy emphasis on Leo. Maybe this is gonna be a Leo-centric film? I mean, besides being April-centric of course. -_-

Bry
04-11-2016, 12:54 PM
I'm mostly just curious about what the reaction/performance is after it's out. My opinions are pretty clear on these things, and there's zero chance I'll give this any of my money. But the wide reaction might be my litmus test on how much hope to have left for this franchise. Ultimately, if this is what people want, it might be a sign it's time for me to step back a bit, fandom-wise. :trazz:

slingtheory
04-11-2016, 01:01 PM
No I won't knock if off, I just can't believe that some stupid people here actually think the turtles are going to turn human in the movie. if the people behind this mess are stupid enough to bring it up as a possibility it's not stupid to think it could actually be a thing that happens.

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 01:03 PM
Black Nerd just posted his review of the new trailer.

AFBVS0I0N_o

slingtheory
04-11-2016, 01:24 PM
I see a lot of people pointing to that one episode where Mikey becomes human. However, the entire plot of the first season of the OT Series involved the turtles trying to obtain a device from Shredder to turn Splinter back into human form. We can blame the writers for coming up with a lame idea, but it's directly lifted from Season one of the OT show as are many elements of this movie. if they indeed did pull this idea from the show its just another example of how much they don't understand anything. Trying to turn splinter back into a human made sense in context in the show. In this movies universe where they all started out as regular animals the idea that a mutagen can turn them human is just plain stupid.

TMNT is cooler than MOTU
04-11-2016, 01:29 PM
I'd read them more if I could afford to go to the LCS every month, but I'm a busy badger:)

I do have some of Batman/TMNT though.

You can find the TPBs for about 30% off of cover price on Amazon.

IndigoErth
04-11-2016, 01:48 PM
So Pete Ploszek is voicing Leo this time, right? Is that confirmed? Because I definitely don't hear Knoxville.
Me either, and his jackassery butt isn't in those written credits on YouTube either. (If that was him, then he's had voice acting classes because there is an obvious improvement in Leo's voice acting. Hardly even acting last time since Knoxville was just being himself.)

If it's Pete, then honestly it's a credit to how good of a fit that he is for Leo then that it is not even jarring in the least, it sounds like a natural fit. So much more variation and personality in his voice and tone, something I was really hoping would happen this time.

sethmartin
04-11-2016, 01:51 PM
if they indeed did pull this idea from the show its just another example of how much they don't understand anything. Trying to turn splinter back into a human made sense in context in the show. In this movies universe where they all started out as regular animals the idea that a mutagen can turn them human is just plain stupid.

Oh I agree. I'm not saying it's a great concept. I doubt the ooze can turn them human but the possibility that it could and the turtles struggling with making that choice could be an interesting angle if done right. I think the writers watched the first season of the show and tried to wedge in as many elements as they could most likely without understanding anything. That being said, this movie definitely looks closer to the source material than the last one, even if they still haven't done it justice and the film is terrible.

Andrew NDB
04-11-2016, 01:54 PM
Me either, and his jackassery butt isn't in those written credits on YouTube either. (If that was him, then he's had voice acting classes because there is an obvious improvement in Leo's voice acting. Hardly even acting last time since Knoxville was just being himself.)

If it's Pete, then honestly it's a credit to how good of a fit that he is for Leo then that it is not even jarring in the least, it sounds like a natural fit. So much more variation and personality in his voice and tone, something I was really hoping would happen this time.

Pete was never recast with Johnny Knoxville because of ability, he was recast because #1, Nobody cares about Pete or would miss him, #2, They thought they could reach some of Knoxville's fans.

sethmartin
04-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Pete was never recast with Johnny Knoxville because of ability, he was recast because #1, Nobody cares about Pete or would miss him, #2, They thought they could reach some of Knoxville's fans.

Exactly! Even Johnny Knoxville didn't understand why they chose him. He shrugged and said quote: "Now they have a big hillbilly playing Leonardo". If they knew that the film would end up grossing 400M, they probably would have made it closer to turtle lore. But I don't think Paramount had any faith that anyone cared about the turtles, which explains the vast changes, human centric plot, eliminating the Japanese element, last minute script changes and reshoots do to backlash, and shoehorning a big star into Leonardo even though he wasn't right for the part. They didn't even use Knoxville for any of the marketing, so what was the point?

neatoman
04-11-2016, 02:06 PM
So is purple ooze a modified version of the green ooze or is this a kryptonite thing where different versions just happen to exist for some reason?

Andrew NDB
04-11-2016, 02:11 PM
So is purple ooze a modified version of the green ooze or is this a kryptonite thing where different versions just happen to exist for some reason?

It's a "we want to bring in Bebop and Rocksteady because Bebop and Rocksteady and we don't care about the properties of the mutagen in the last movie" thing.

sethmartin
04-11-2016, 02:14 PM
The last batch was made by scientists in a lab, this batch probably comes from Dimension X. It's funny how the green stuff was called mutagen and the purple stuff is called ooze.

IndigoErth
04-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Yup, and fully agree with that sentiment. Which irked me even more about it. I mean wtf... why Leo of all characters? Left me feeling like the decision was made half-assed like it didn't matter. They could have just given Knoxville a bit part or cameo instead if they wanted him in there.

But, water under the bridge now, hopefully.

That hillbilly comment was in video after an interviewer asked if he did any research or put on any kind of voice. His answer... knowing that did not help my opinion on it. :tmad: Good riddance, and best of luck to him in other things that actually suit him.

neatoman
04-11-2016, 02:15 PM
It's a "we want to bring in Bebop and Rocksteady because Bebop and Rocksteady and we don't care about the properties of the mutagen in the last movie" thing.

And to save money CGI for a few scenes it would seem.

Commenter 42
04-11-2016, 02:17 PM
If you don't think at least Noel Fisher is gonna have an on-screen appearance, you're nuts. They've been pushing their facial resemblances since day one, & now can't help but take it one step further. Be it a temporary de-mutation, a dream sequence, whatever, I'd bet we'll see one or all of their human actors pop up.

I've been saying this forever. It's going to happen.

C'mon Pete, SAY SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!

Candy Kappa
04-11-2016, 02:18 PM

I wonder what red ooze does :P

sethmartin
04-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Yup, and fully agree with that sentiment. Which irked me even more about it. I mean wtf... why Leo of all characters? Left me feeling like the decision was made half-assed like it didn't matter.

Yes! It was the strangest casting decision ever. Why not cast Seth Rogen as Raph and Kevin Hart as Donnie? So dumb

Andrew NDB
04-11-2016, 02:26 PM

Yup, and fully agree with that sentiment. Which irked me even more about it. I mean wtf... why Leo of all characters? Left me feeling like the decision was made half-assed like it didn't matter. They could have just given Knoxville a bit part or cameo instead if they wanted him in there.

I don't really care either way, even if the last movie was good (it's not). TMNT fans in general get really, really worked up about voice actors and that's always been pretty strange to me. Though I guess it's a little different (embarrassing?) when you're an actor in a mo-cap suit "playing" one of the four Turtles next to three other actors also in mo-cap suit "playing" the other three Turtles... and all of their voices were used but not yours.

They were hoping word would spread to Knoxville's Jackass fans, or that he himself would be inspired to talk about his involvement in the movie and spread word virally (which he did).

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 02:26 PM
The ooze that mutated the Turtles in the 80s cartoon was purple.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/0/06/Cartoonorigin1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090420021210

TrickOrTreater
04-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Booooooo.

Just...f*cking boooooo.

Oh good. The "we could be human/normal" subplot/cliche. Cool.

And hearty L-O-L to anybody here who thinks this friggin stupid movie will handle that idea of the Turtles "wrestling with wanting to be normal" with any kind of depth of emotion or nuance or anything resembling actual character development.

It's just yet another subplot in a movie already packed to the gills with subplots that they'll touch on for a minute and then promptly forget about because these people suck.

neatoman
04-11-2016, 02:35 PM

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/0/06/Cartoonorigin1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090420021210

Uh, yeah. That's probably why they chose that color, seeing that's where the idea of the ooze turning humans into animals came from, what's your point?

Also, I'm pretty sure it was green in most episodes after season one.

IndigoErth
04-11-2016, 02:37 PM
Turns Megan Fox/April into Venus :lol:
Don't give them ideas! lol

That, or them turned into humans, it's like Bay films are just begging for Mikey to have his chance.

Of which she either A) stares at him vacantly while never agreeing or disagreeing to a date, or B) she is like that stupid voiceless woman in the film Pixels, without being mute.

Well... I suppose they could have gone one step worse and morphed Casey into being Mikey as a human. Surprise! Just go full ridiculousness.

Leolead
04-11-2016, 02:39 PM

I feel the same way now.

ToTheNines
04-11-2016, 02:44 PM

****ing everyone here knows that.

neatoman
04-11-2016, 02:46 PM
OK so basically the plot is:

Turtles are sick of hiding
Shredder has somehow obtained Purple Mutagen
Makes Bebop and Rocksteady and intends to make more mutants
Turtles want to use PM to turn human

But how the hell does Kraang fit into this? He has already been shown in the trailers, so why isn't there any more info on how he fits into the plot?

CyberCubed
04-11-2016, 03:12 PM
Does Shredder even do anything in the movie?

Also why did Baxter say, "Sensei, Shredder" instead of "Master Shredder?"

Andrew NDB
04-11-2016, 03:14 PM
Eftgjgz0hrs

Corrected that for you.

Jester
04-11-2016, 03:14 PM
Well one of the meanings of Sensei is master...so....

Man, and with one trailer all of the hope and good will i had for this movie being bad, but not as bad as the 1st and at least fun went right out the window.

CyberCubed
04-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Looks a bit better than the first film to be honest. The Turtles interactions seem a bit better.

Still can't stand their hideous nostrils and their Hulk like bodies, but oh well.

neatoman
04-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Well one of the meanings of Sensei is master...so....

Then why not Shredder-Sama?

Commenter 42
04-11-2016, 03:26 PM

Because it's stupid. All of it's stupid.

IndigoErth
04-11-2016, 03:42 PM
but oh well.
o.O Third sign of the end times.

Mew
04-11-2016, 03:59 PM
So Donatello can become a human now?

Candy Kappa
04-11-2016, 04:00 PM

"Why won't Shredder Senpai notice me?"

neatoman
04-11-2016, 04:02 PM

And now someone needs to draw Baxter blushing in front of Shredder.

ToTheNines
04-11-2016, 04:04 PM
So Donatello can become a human now?

Yes, Mew. Now go play.

Andrew NDB
04-11-2016, 04:06 PM
Donatello can has... human?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-11-2016, 04:08 PM
o.O Third sign of the end times.

What were the first two? The two PD TMNT movies? :twink:

neatoman
04-11-2016, 04:09 PM
Indeed he can has.

Andrew NDB
04-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Hey, it could be a worse TMNT 2. It could be like the poster for the Imagi sequel with Mikey having mad cap adventures saving all of his retromutagenned brothers from the Shredder.

Wait, no. I'd actually rather watch that. And I hate that.

IndigoErth
04-11-2016, 04:11 PM
Donatello can has pending surge of fan art/fic about it...

I'd have rather they'd simply somehow discovered that they're already partially human, just to help explain the rather human-leaning designs.

neatoman
04-11-2016, 04:17 PM
So considering how dumb the "we could become humans" idea is, were there really no better stories they could have come up with? Hell, they didn't even have to come up with a new plot (not that this is new plot for TMNT to begin with), they could just have lifted something out of previous TMNT material and nobody would have cared.

Andrew NDB
04-11-2016, 04:19 PM
So considering how dumb the "we could become humans" idea is, were there really no better stories they could have come up with?

Of course, but why would they care. And hey, 4 variant "human" Turtle action figures can hit the shelves, win win for the corporation!

plastroncafe
04-11-2016, 04:23 PM
I reject the notion that stupid plot = bad movie.
Some of my favorite things have ridiculous plots.

*cough*TMNT*cough*

That doesn't make them bad movie material.
What makes them bad movie material is when they're executed horribly.
There, and now I feel better about my 10+ year long fanfics.

Having said that, this movie looks like it's going to be more of the same.
If you liked the first one, I wish you the very best in enjoying this one.

Mew
04-11-2016, 04:26 PM
Yes, Mew. Now go play.
Excuse me, but my TMNT 2 action figures aren't here yet.

neatoman
04-11-2016, 04:31 PM
I reject the notion that stupid plot = bad movie.
Some of my favorite things have ridiculous plots.

Right, but it's still a lazy idea regardless.

IndigoErth
04-11-2016, 04:32 PM
For the time being, I'm just going to assume the human thing is a small, passing idea the Turtles were intrigued by, but doesn't go anywhere. If they actually managed to go into it despite a larger storyline happening I'd be surprised.

My guess, it's simply a plot devise to make them appreciate who they are by the end of the film; la hagosha plot devise to connect April to them.

Why either actually needs to happen...

http://i.imgur.com/byngpZL.gif

...but seems to be how these writers work. I suppose it's an attempt at character development.

Though if it ended on a successful message of accepting who you are, that might be okay.... Do I trust that will really come through enough, not really.

Personally, I find the "human version" stuff (as done sometimes by fans) to be rather boring. You hear me, movie people? It takes so much of their specialness away and ignores the fact that they can still be very relatable, and still be like adopted members of humanity in a way and similar to us to a large degree, without having to look and be exactly like us.

Bry
04-11-2016, 04:36 PM

Turtles are sick of hiding
Shredder has somehow obtained Purple Mutagen
Makes Bebop and Rocksteady and intends to make more mutants
Turtles want to use PM to turn human

But how the hell does Kraang fit into this? He has already been shown in the trailers, so why isn't there any more info on how he fits into the plot?

"Plot". Ha! That's a good one. :twink:

Weeabaxter? :tlol:

So considering how dumb the "we could become humans" idea is, were there really no better stories they could have come up with? Hell, they didn't even have to come up with a new plot (not that this is new plot for TMNT to begin with), they could just have lifted something out of previous TMNT material and nobody would have cared.

Seriously. Could they not, like, just read some comics? Watch some better TV episodes? There are so many good-to-great TMNT stories that would be crowd-pleasers and would do so much more to build up the characters and their world. Instead we get... this. It's mind-boggling.

ProphetofGanja
04-11-2016, 04:43 PM
I'm just strollin through the comments like

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2016-03/14/13/enhanced/webdr14/enhanced-15446-1457976375-10.png

People seriously enjoyed the first one enough to even entertain the idea of another film in this series??

Galactus
04-11-2016, 04:49 PM
That's the dream... And a 99.9 percent chance a dream it will stay, most likely.

Honestly it wouldn't be worth the pandora's box it opens.

Besides it's kind of hard to imagine more traditional turtles in these movies were everything is bigger and bolder etc. Not that I think it will happen either as they are not going to come up with new 3D models from scratch.

Hey, it could be a worse TMNT 2. It could be like the poster for the Imagi sequel with Mikey having mad cap adventures saving all of his retromutagenned brothers from the Shredder.

Wait, no. I'd actually rather watch that. And I hate that.

Well that could have been good. I mean The River had the inverse of one turtle getting de-mutated and the others having to procure the mutagen to make him restore him and that's a great story. Of course given that Imagi seemed intent on going even more light hearted for the sequel I imagine you're take to have been more likely. Still I imagine Kevin Munroe would have tried to inject some drama into the idea.

Heck this could still be good. In fact it's somewhat reminiscent of X-Men: First Class (a very underrated comic book movie) and that used that idea to great effect with Beast but I can't picture the guys responsible for this movie to pull it off in the same way. The whole idea of them having to accept who they are in this context would be rendered moot if their transformation had adverse affects but then if it doesn't then the execution of this that a tiny drop can instantly transform mutant to human then why do they even have to choose? A good stash of mutagen and they could go back and forth however much they want.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-11-2016, 04:52 PM
I'm loving the tags so far... who put that "finger" tag? :tlol:

Autbot_Benz
04-11-2016, 05:00 PM

not sure but I take credit for the captain obvious one it just had to be made.

sethmartin
04-11-2016, 05:27 PM
The concept of the turtles wishing they were human so they could be part of society and not have to live in a sewer as vigilante freaks is understandable. Why wouldn't they? Where it falls apart is this new purple ooze gives them the power to do so! It's gone from being a dream or a longing to fit in to an actual reality! So why the hell wouldn't they do it??? They can't be human and fight crime at night like Casey Jones, or just live a normal life without being in constant danger for being a freak? NO! Because based on Leo's logic, they are turtles whether they like it or not. Well... Not really. They are 7 foot tall, mutated, turtles who have teeth, speak English, eat pizza, and fight crime. They far more identify with being human than being turtles! So is Leo's message that they shouldn't change what they were meant to be??? Well, it wasn't their fault they were mutated and grew up as one of a kind freaks in a sewer! Why not use the mutagen to turn back into regular turtles!!!

Once again, the concept of them longing to be human so they can escape a life of being a gross super mutant is fine. Where it falls apart is that one shot where Donnies hand grows five fingers. You've taken an unrealistic dream that they have to accept is never going to happen, to an actual possible reality. If I was Raph, I'd kick Leo's ass, become human, and live a normal life. After all, why are they fighting crime again??? Oh yeah, because Splinter knew they would need to defend themselves from ridicule. Ok? Turn human! Problem solved.

IndigoErth
04-11-2016, 05:40 PM
How sad would it be if three of them decided to turn human and leave. Leaving Leo feeling abandoned because he is more of a purest who believes in being true to himself, embracing the cards life handed to him, and won't abandon his father. There's a potentially heartbreaking story right there.

I'd prefer to see them work on just gaining acceptance by slowly increasing their circle of trusted friends and allies. Including people who can help give them careful outlets to experience a little more to life. Like tickets to that basketball game (lets not forget we have that to complain about), and get them disguised and sneak them in early. (And naturally, when all hell breaks loose they are there to try to do something about it.)

Andrew NDB
04-11-2016, 05:44 PM
How sad would it be if three of them decided to turn human and leave.

I think that would be a lovely way to go. Full-on embrace how ghastly these new movies are, thus giving Viacom/Paramount no choice but to completely reimagine things.

CyberCubed
04-11-2016, 05:46 PM
If they become human wouldn't they turn into the actors who play the Turtles themselves? Those guys are hideous.

ProphetofGanja
04-11-2016, 05:56 PM
I think that would be a lovely way to go. Full-on embrace how ghastly these new movies are, thus giving Viacom/Paramount no choice but to completely reimagine things.

smart move

If they become human wouldn't they turn into the actors who play the Turtles themselves? Those guys are hideous.

they could just use Taylor Lautner four times but still have the voice actors do their voices :lol: :lol: :lol:

AquaParade
04-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Christ, that human finger effect was truly off-putting.

sethmartin
04-11-2016, 06:02 PM
How sad would it be if three of them decided to turn human and leave. Leaving Leo feeling abandoned because he is more of a purest who believes in being true to himself, embracing the cards life handed to him, and won't abandon his father. There's a potentially heartbreaking story right there.

I'd prefer to see them work on just gaining acceptance by slowly increasing their circle of trusted friends and allies. Including people who can help give them careful outlets to experience a little more to life. Like tickets to that basketball game (lets not forget we have that to complain about), and get them disguised and sneak them in early. (And naturally, when all hell breaks loose they are there to try to do something about it.)

Yeah but why can't Splinter turn human too? And watch his sons grow up in a normal environment where they won't be alone and miserable? This whole thing makes no sense! All because of that one shot where Donnie's hand mutates. If it was more hypothetical, like Donnie says "Hey, what if" and then they struggle with the idea that they should try even if there are potential risks, you could have an interesting story. But giving them the actual ability to do so is like giving Batman a time machine where he can go back and stop his parents from being murdered, or giving Bruce Banner a pill that would stop him from becoming the Hulk. What makes a great super hero is that they are stricken with some type of burden that makes them an outcast and they learn to accept it and use that burden to do good. Once you give them an "easy way out", you ruin the motive and make the characters come off foolish. I have gone from being pumped to shaking my head all because of that damn Donnie hand shot... Sigh

ToTheNines
04-11-2016, 06:14 PM

*shyly raises hand*

IndigoErth
04-11-2016, 06:14 PM
Yeah, they made it way too easy. And Donnie just casually tests it on himself? (Also, those fingers are all way too uniform in length.)

Anyone remember that time when mutagen remained existing in their blood? (Does it even need to be there?) And now this magic one that just casually, painlessly changes you in an instant.

Okay, the real solution... Turtles, you be human now, and the humans, who are all tired of being boring old humans, will be what ever they each want. Now you're the only four humans; you can't win. :tlol:

Bry
04-11-2016, 06:15 PM
The concept of the turtles wishing they were human so they could be part of society and not have to live in a sewer as vigilante freaks is understandable. Why wouldn't they? Where it falls apart is this new purple ooze gives them the power to do so!

It reminds me of Secret of the Ooze in a way. In that movie they also felt isolated and wanted to be a part of the city they'd saved. And Donnie also struggled with what he is and how he came to be. And I'd never call SotO a great film by any stretch, but it's practically freakin' Shakespeare compared to this dreck. Even dancing with Vanilla Ice doesn't make me cringe as much as magic mutagen that turns the Turtles into people and Donatello with a human hand. At least a dumb, dated celebrity cameo in itself doesn't completely break the rules of their universe. This thing is gonna do both. :trazz:

Once again, the concept of them longing to be human so they can escape a life of being a gross super mutant is fine. Where it falls apart is that one shot where Donnies hand grows five fingers. You've taken an unrealistic dream that they have to accept is never going to happen, to an actual possible reality. If I was Raph, I'd kick Leo's ass, become human, and live a normal life. After all, why are they fighting crime again??? Oh yeah, because Splinter knew they would need to defend themselves from ridicule. Ok? Turn human! Problem solved.

And here's their mishandling of the concept coming home to roost. They bungled their origin, dismantled the motivations that drive the characters, and now have given them an "out". There's no understandable reason for them not to take it. Not with the versions of the characters they're working with. They don't even really have a reason to be ninjas. They're not following a family tradition, they're not following a culture they were raised into. It's all just window dressing with no depth or meaning, to the story or to the characters. And because of that, it falls apart the minute you think about it beyond the surface.

nellyp
04-11-2016, 06:22 PM
Raph wanted to turn human but Leo said no. He's the leader so case closed, they don't change. Seriously though Wouldn't it be cool if Raph did mutate into a human and turned into Brock Lesnar? He could give Kraang like 3 F5's and then its roll credits time.

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Raph wanted to turn human but Leo said no. He's the leader so case closed, they don't change. Seriously though Wouldn't it be cool if Raph did mutate into a human and turned into Brock Lesnar? He could give Kraang like 3 F5's and then its roll credits time.
If they turned into humans briefly, they will look like the actors who did the motion capture.

ProactiveMan
04-11-2016, 06:39 PM
So what? Basically a remake of that movie with Kraang replacing Vanilla Ice?

Sold. I'm buying tickets right now. "Ninja - ninja - rap! BLORRRGGGGG!"

sethmartin
04-11-2016, 06:40 PM

Yeah, but WHY did he say no? Donnie proved they could turn human, Casey proves you can be a good looking human, get the girl, and still fight crime, and Splinter's entire reason for teaching them ninjutsu in the first place was so they could protect themselves from ridicule! What reason does Leo have not to do it? Is he happy being a freak? Does he like living in a sewer? Now maybe the movie will explain it better, but here it's not explained well. Just because he's the leader doesn't mean they need to follow his illogical advice.

Just to clarify, I do not want to see the turtles turn into humans, but with what they have presented here, why wouldn't they do it???

Roseangelo
04-11-2016, 06:41 PM
I just have to say that after this trailer made me very angry with nerd rage this morning, it is very comforting to come and see that virtually everyone else shares the same rage (or, at least, disappointment/disapproval).

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 06:46 PM
I just have to say that after this trailer made me very angry with nerd rage this morning, it is very comforting to come and see that virtually everyone else shares the same rage (or, at least, disappointment/disapproval).
I think its silly to argue about the Turtles turning human, They are obviously not, cause if they did a 3rd film, it would be Teenage Ninja Humans. :tlol:

I think the retromutagen will play a key role against Shredder's plans for a mutant army, Donnie made some retromutagen that turned Rahzar and Tokka back to regular animals in Secret Of The Oooze.

Also the Retromutagen thing is a part of TMNT lore.

IndigoErth
04-11-2016, 06:49 PM
Where is it claimed that it's retromutagen?

Bry
04-11-2016, 06:52 PM
Retromutagen would actually make some sense. This isn't that. This is apparently some magic mutagen that turns anything into humans. The Turtles were never human to begin with, so that's the only explanation here.

Which is dumb as hell. Par for the course.

I have an issue with retromutagen itself, even -- having that kind of thing be possible, or common, takes the stakes out of mutation. If it's that easily reversible, and there's always a way out of it, then it's hard to care when it happens. Especially for a movie series, there should be some actual permanence about this sort of of thing.

But humanizing-mutagen is even worse. Every time the Turtles feel isolated, like freaks, now has no impact or meaning. Because there's a way out of that too. Congratulations, nothing matters.

sethmartin
04-11-2016, 06:54 PM
I think its silly to argue about the Turtles turning human, They are obviously not, cause if they did a 3rd film, it would be Teenage Ninja Humans. :tlol:

I think the retromutagen will play a key role against Shredder's plans for a mutant army, Donnie made some retromutagen that turned Rahzar and Tokka back to regular animals in Secret Of The Oooze.

They most likely won't turn into humans. They will probably use the new ooze to turn Bebop and Rocksteady back into humans at the end. The retro mutagen thing is a different issue, though. Tokka and Rahzar started out as animals and were changed back to animals at the end. That retro mutagen would have change the turtles back to regular turtles. That's completely different than some magic potion that can some how turn them human.

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 06:54 PM
Where is it claimed that it's retromutagen?
Retromutagen has been a part of the original series and other incarnations, eveven the Nick series deal with it.

its normally a separate thing, but the movie seems to combine the mutagen and retromutagen into one, but instead of the idea of the turtles turning back into normal ones, the side affect would turn them human, but I have a feeling its gonna play a crucial part in the movie, where they have to decide between using it on themselves, or using it to save the city they love. I think it will be the latter.

IndigoErth
04-11-2016, 06:57 PM
If it presumably has to work alongside the addition of DNA from the selected species in order to turn two humans into two different anthropomorphic animal people... I want to know how the Turtles went about it with getting the human DNA to use with it. Sure, they have human friends, but that has to be an awkward request. Or an uncomfortable level of being sneaky.

Retromutagen has been a part of the original series and other incarnations, eveven the Nick series deal with it.
Yeah, no kidding.

its normally a separate thing, but the movie seems to combine the mutagen and retromutagen into one...
Based on... assumption? I haven't caught where they've actually suggested this.

Third movie: the Turtles now have mind powers that enable them to camouflage themselves as humans thanks to this mutagen. Or some other mutagen. Again. Maybe a blue one.

TigerClaw
04-11-2016, 07:03 PM
If it presumably has to work alongside the addition of DNA from the selected species in order to turn two humans into two different anthropomorphic animal people... I want to know how the Turtles went about it with getting the human DNA to use with it. Sure, they have human friends, but that has to be an awkward request. Or an uncomfortable level of being sneaky.

Yeah, no kidding.

Based on... assumption? I haven't caught where they've actually suggested this.
Who knows, Maybe Donnie is working on retromutagen to counter Bebop and Rocksteady, and just happen to test it on himself and noticed the strange side affect.

Bry
04-11-2016, 07:10 PM
Third movie: the Turtles now have mind powers that enable them to camouflage themselves as humans thanks to this mutagen. Or some other mutagen. Again. Maybe a blue one.

As long as they're plumbing the absolute worst depths of TMNT lore for material, they might as well just do this:

http://www.doubledumbassonyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/TMNT-Shells.jpg

Galactus
04-11-2016, 07:14 PM

This is not retromutagen - which has never been a big part of TMNT lore anyway - that has always been used to de-mutate, undo mutations, return a mutant to their original form. This "purple mutagen" is being used to make mutants which have never been human instantly transform into humans.

Everyone knows that the movie is not going to end with them as humans (although I'm sure at least one of them will turn human in the course of the movie) why fans hate this is about the huge pandoras box of crap this opens.

There's not many ways you can take this - the movie is about acceptance which would be undermined if it turns out the the purple mutagen has adverse affects that they have to stop using it. Thus it robs them of realizing that they want to be mutant turtles.

More likely there isn't any adverse effects of the purple mutagen and by the end of the movie the turtles accept that they are better off as mutants and remain that way...but why? Making the transformation so damned easy it wouldn't it better to keep it and use it and switch back and forth?

Is the idea an intriguing one? Maybe if executed well which it likely wont be and even if it was is it enough to justify throwing the basic mythology out the window?

Technogeek29
04-11-2016, 07:26 PM
I'm confused here, wasn't the point of being accepted was to be accepted as who there are? Not being something else? Maybe I'm remembering this wrong?

IndigoErth
04-11-2016, 07:35 PM
I'm confused here, wasn't the point of being accepted was to be accepted as who there are? Not being something else? Maybe I'm remembering this wrong?
It's what I was believing. And where I figured it is going based on Leo rejecting the idea. But as others are saying, making the option so easy to change who they are... Meh.

Granted I want to be fair and consider that we don't know everything there is to this, in which case I hope there is a legit reason for them to decide it's not a good idea after all. Though I suspect it may simply come down to no longer being able to do all that they do. And losing their purpose in life, should they want to keep what they have, since humans can't just devote all their time to vigilanteing.

Either that or the idea of paying taxes, bills, etc is a turn off.

Who knows, Maybe Donnie is working on retromutagen to counter Bebop and Rocksteady, and just happen to test it on himself and noticed the strange side affect.
Well, if we're just suggesting speculation as facts, then I speculate the Turtles tend a secret garden of daises and honeysuckle on a rooftop, surrounding a secret door to either Dimension X or Narnia, but we'll never see it because it isn't Bay-cool enough. (I hear they also grow some awesome tomatoes for homemade pizza sauce.)

As long as they're plumbing the absolute worst depths of TMNT lore for material, they might as well just do this:

Give it time. By the end of this series of films they're bound to be famous. Probably a hiphop Christmas album available for free download with the purchase of that final movie around the holidays.

nellyp
04-11-2016, 07:37 PM

Ugh...please no! I am trying to forget that ever happened. Shredder already looks a lot like Next Mutation Shredder, that's enough. I am already hoping the movie doesn't do a setup for a sequel where the turtles find a magic time sceptre at the end :P

DioLeo451
04-11-2016, 07:56 PM
The becoming human element sounds dumb but I'll gladly see how it's handled
glad Leo is against it though :D

Galactus
04-11-2016, 08:00 PM

I'm sure that by the end of the movie the turtles will be accepted for 'who they are' despite the fact that I doubt there will be little reason for them to do so.

You know it strikes me that the time it will take them to cover this story might have been time given to adjust that origin. Imagine scenes of the turtles debating whether to turn human could be swapped to scenes of Splinter telling them of their real origin.

Yknow, something that they know fans would like. I mean even with how much they fail to 'get' the franchise they would at least suspect that this plot point wouldn't go over well with people.

AquaParade
04-11-2016, 08:04 PM
I actually think this looks worse than the 2014 movie. I actually like some aspects of that film, despite it's flaws.

Bebop and Rocksteady look terrible, imo. I'd like to imagine two fierce 7 ft. mutants squaring off against the turtles in a dark alley at 2 am, while the rest of New York chugs on, blissfully unaware.
Of course, I didn't go to film school, so what do I know? :-?

sdp
04-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Not as good as the first trailer but movie still looks good. random thoughts:

-The scene with the Tank reminds me of the snow scene in the first movie and the battle with Krang also looks very similar to the battle with Mecha-Shredder from the first film.

-The mutagen hitting the hand making it more "normal" made me think that what if they used it and were still turtles but looked more like the turtles we know and love? Doubt it'll happen but I almost thought that would happen in the trailer as I saw the hand appear to look more traditional TMNT. edit: Didn't realize they become human hands, I thought they only became smaller.

-Casey jones looks too cheery, I'm guessing he won't be in the movie much but I hope he's a good interpretation. I like the actor in Arrow so even if its a different interpretation I'd like to see a good Casey.

edit: I don't understand the negativity this is getting compared to the first trailer, its basically the same footage only longer scenes in some parts. It's obvious they won't turn the turtles into humans, it's just a plot point, they won't go full on X-Men about it and it'll just be a small plot point. The OT did it and I'm sure another version of the turtles has also done it as well.

IndigoErth
04-11-2016, 08:18 PM
I dunno, the 'human' bit has me of thinking the acceptance thing may be more-so self acceptance, and socially only to a lesser degree via select new allies.

I'd like to imagine two fierce 7 ft. mutants squaring off against the turtles in a dark alley at 2 am, while the rest of New York chugs on, blissfully unaware.
It's NYC, maybe it wouldn't phase the average resident according to this? lol Hard to believe something to that extent wouldn't. Should have old ladies yelling at them out windows at 2am.

glad Leo is against it though :D
Kinda proud of him for wanting to stay true to himself.

CyberCubed
04-11-2016, 08:35 PM
Anyone else think Baxter looks like Eddie Murphy from The Nutty Professor when he was fat?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-11-2016, 08:44 PM
*shyly raises hand*

In this case, good sir, you are the wind beneath my wings.

Galactus
04-11-2016, 08:55 PM
It's obvious they won't turn the turtles into humans, it's just a plot point, they won't go full on X-Men about it and it'll just be a small plot point. The OT did it and I'm sure another version of the turtles has also done it as well.

I think it will be a big point of the movie and if they played it like X-Men: First Class it wouldn't be too much of a problem but I doubt they will.

I dunno, the 'human' bit has me of thinking the acceptance thing may be more-so self acceptance, and socially only to a lesser degree via select new allies.

I'm sure it will be. There's little if any doubt the movie will end with the turtles accepting who they are which is great...but then what are they going to do with this amazing substance which can turn them into humans and back again.

Destroy it? Put in a vault and forget about it? Something like that would be of great strategic value. One of the main reasons TMNT have a circle of human allies is that they can go to places they can't. That's also why they are ninjas so they can sneak into places they can't otherwise get into but they shouldn't need to do that anymore.

sdp
04-11-2016, 09:19 PM
The plot point of they wanting to be human is all in the two trailers. They have to live in hiding. April tells them about the ooze and they see how Beebop/Rocksteady are now well monsters and Donnie deduces it could turn them human, Raph and another say yes Leo and probably another say no, eventually because of Krang they "come out of the shadows" and the public accepts them for the most part and story arc done, they are happy to be what they are and the movie finishes with their interview for the TV like the first trailer shows.

Galactus
04-11-2016, 09:23 PM
The plot point of they wanting to be human is all in the two trailers. They have to live in hiding. April tells them about the ooze and they see how Beebop/Rocksteady are now well monsters and Donnie deduces it could turn them human, Raph and another say yes Leo and probably another say no, eventually because of Krang they "come out of the shadows" and the public accepts them for the most part and story arc done, they are happy to be what they are and the movie finishes with their interview for the TV like the first trailer shows.

I don't recall an interview with TV in any trailer and while I think this movie jumped the shark what we've seen ages ago I'd like to think Platinum Dunes isn't stupid enough to go that far.

sdp
04-11-2016, 09:29 PM
sorry it's not an interviews its the police chief or mayor or something, but its clearly set after the battle with Krang at the end where they are no longer "hiding in the shadows" as the title calls it.

d_osborn
04-11-2016, 09:31 PM
Them being human for a good chunk of the movie would have saved on some major FX costs, haha!

TheJ-manTurtleMan
04-11-2016, 11:24 PM
I was looking forward to this movie. Despite all the first movie, despite the same producers, and despite all the WonderCon schlock, I still had a little bit of hope for this movie. But this new trailer just punched me in the stomach with the fist of disappointment. That's how I feel, not rage, or anger, just disappointment. They could have gone with so many better plots, but freaking Ooze that turns them human?! Disappointment.

I'm surprised no one has brought up the whole love triangle in regards to this new trailer. We already know that there is going to be some ridiculous love triangle between Mikey, April, and Casey, how could there not be?
My prediction is that Mikey is going to be butt-hurt because April is choosing Casey over him because he is a human. Mikey finds out that there is Ooze that makes them human, so he's going to use it, turn human and confess his Love to April. And I'm willing to bet my Grandma's inheritance money that she's going to say some sappy, poorly written line that goes something like "I liked who you are already, you don't need to change just for me!" (Barf!) He going to feel better about himself, turn back into a turtle, rejoin his brothers and save the day! ...sigh... disappointment

Commenter 42
04-12-2016, 12:07 AM

Everything's better with glitter.

Foombamaroom
04-12-2016, 12:08 AM
-The scene with the Tank reminds me of the snow scene in the first movie and the battle with Krang also looks very similar to the battle with Mecha-Shredder from the first film.

Of course. You didn't expect them to create different/new action scenes, did you? Hell, I remember there was a rumor of them blowing up the lair again.

Commenter 42
04-12-2016, 12:21 AM
So, Fox is apparently pregnant again, but she's not with Green anymore.

Who's the baby-dady? Arnett? Armel? Ritchson? Bay? Me? (http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/3628467/megan-fox-is-pregnant-with-baby-number-three-03/)

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/actors-megan-fox-and-will-arnett-attend-the-cinemacon-2016-gala-picture-id520522324

Powder
04-12-2016, 12:40 AM
Michelangelo, obviously.

Commenter 42
04-12-2016, 01:35 AM
Michelangelo, obviously.

Obviously.

On a happier note, the Zika Virus (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/zika-virus-outbreak/zika-virus-scary-we-need-money-fight-it-officials-say-n554241?cid=sm_fb) has made it's way to 30 of the lower 48 states.

... and it's even more horrific than they initially thought.

LeotheLateBloomer
04-12-2016, 01:56 AM
This latest trailer had some good parts to it. Don't know how I feel about the whole human controversy. Doubt it will happen........hopefully not.

At this point, it's hard to say where this movie is going. I really enjoyed most of the turtles' scenes. From the looks of it, it seems like there really will be some conflict between the turtles, mostly with Leo. Not only is he against the whole 'ooze turning them into humans idea' but he may go through the disappointment of failure again and consult to Splinter, which I always liked. The concern I have though is that how much will they focus on these aspects. There's noticably less Krang in this trailer which may mean we may not see much of him til the very end (duh!:trolleye:). With the lighter tone and all, I just hope the jokes don't ruin the whole serious moments of the movie.

All I can say is, I'll just have to wait and see. Even with the little parts that I liked, there's not much to go off of.

ToTheNines
04-12-2016, 03:27 AM
In this case, good sir, you are the wind beneath my wings.

It was fun while it lasted lol. Some one made an even better one though lol.

neatoman
04-12-2016, 03:55 AM

Who's the baby-dady? Arnett? Armel? Ritchson? Bay? Me? (http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/3628467/megan-fox-is-pregnant-with-baby-number-three-03/)

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/actors-megan-fox-and-will-arnett-attend-the-cinemacon-2016-gala-picture-id520522324

The obvious answer to that question is:
Do you honestly care? Do you even know who the father of her last two children is without looking it up?

Casey
04-12-2016, 08:15 AM
I still strongly dislike the casting, designs, etc., but this trailer is making me excited to see this one. And that's after I pretty much hated the first one.

Casey
04-12-2016, 08:19 AM
I also think it's interesting that I could hate the first in a franchise, but they hire a new director and write a script that's basically a 21st century love letter to the Fred Wolf series and I get excited to see it. Especially since I've always wanted a strong adaptation of the Mirage minus the things Barron was forced to put in 1990. Possibly even in the style of Sin City, but with updated effects.

Sumac
04-12-2016, 11:21 AM
Certainly looks like a live version of FW series.
I am...divided.

I mean it's not like it will be a good movie in any capacity, but as a dumb fun...

Also, this needs to have Ninja Rap or something like it. If you want to embrace cheese you can just go full throttle.

IndigoErth
04-12-2016, 01:57 PM
From the looks of it, it seems like there really will be some conflict between the turtles, mostly with Leo.
The only part of the 'human' thing I'm curious about, with him being adamantly against the whole idea.

Michelangelo, obviously.
Quick, film some early parts of the next one now so April can have Mikey's kid midway through it after all this Turtles-turned-human stuff. :trolleye:

After those "doesn't sleep with her husband anymore" articles, way to make the likely cheating really obvious, Megan.

Foombamaroom
04-12-2016, 04:58 PM
Certainly looks like a live version of FW series.
I am...divided.

I mean it's not like it will be a good movie in any capacity, but as a dumb fun...

Also, this needs to have Ninja Rap or something like it. If you want to embrace cheese you can just go full throttle.

Their biggest advantage right now is that they are embracing the cheese. Turtles could work as a dark property that has a well thought-out story. It just can't be accomplished by these producers. They're good at making things go boom. The best chance they have is making this movie intentionally stupid so the critics don't rip it apart.

Think of the 4th Transformers movie; they try to make it this larger than life drama, but it doesn't work. The writing's atrocious, there's so many plotholes, etc.

Now, I'm not saying that they have an excuse to have all of that stuff in here, I'm just saying that critics/audiences will most likely cut them a little slack if it's supposed to be cheesy.

Galactus
04-12-2016, 05:54 PM
^^^

yes I think Critics and the audience may end up being somewhat kinder to this way for playing up the extreme camp as it's harder to negatively comment on something which isn't aiming to be in any way serious. Not to mention after so many bad versions of this property it's now not only seen as acceptable but to some degree laudable for it to be stupid.

There is a big catch 22 though. If it's very successful we're stuck with loads more of the same approach. If it isn't all that much more successful than the last we may end the series with this, maybe one more before it disappears for a very long time. The sad part is I'm coming around to the idea I'd prefer that. Just last night I was wondering how they could still fit Hamato Yoshi in this and if they did...yeah it'd be nice but it would be a good part of what is sure to be a bad movie. I think suggesting ways they can improve and hoping the act on genuine feedback in the vain hope that by movie 4 or 5 we might have an actual TMNT movie is a fools errand.

chrisdude
04-12-2016, 06:13 PM
The only part of the 'human' thing I'm curious about, with him being adamantly against the whole idea.Makes sense that Leo would be against it. Like in FW, the turtles are superpowered, and their strength and abilities are tied to their mutation. Turning human would forfeit their ability to protect the city. Of course, they could, like, not live in the sewers. They're grounded for life teenagers, cut off from society. It could be a very compelling story. It's already more interesting than anything I expected to come out of this movie. Funny and exciting? Yes. But I never expected interesting.

DarkLightDragon
04-12-2016, 06:23 PM
I do find it funny how Raph is obviously taking issue with Leo's stance on being human even though we just had him go through a 'respecting Leo's authority' development last movie. It's like these people are trying to make up for the lack of focus of said development there in this film, but here it just feels tacked on. Not only is this blatantly rehashing that Leo-Raph conflict that's practically overdone by now, but it also just s*its on whatever special "character development" Raph was supposed to get last film just so we can still have him as the one-note rebel of a group that's already one-note across the board.

LeotheLateBloomer
04-12-2016, 06:52 PM
The best chance they have is making this movie intentionally stupid so the critics don't rip it apart.

Think of the 4th Transformers movie; they try to make it this larger than life drama, but it doesn't work. The writing's atrocious, there's so many plotholes, etc.

Now, I'm not saying that they have an excuse to have all of that stuff in here, I'm just saying that critics/audiences will most likely cut them a little slack if it's supposed to be cheesy.

The critics will rip this movie apart regardless whether it's cheesy or not. Having an intentionally cheesy tone didn't stop them from giving Joel Schumacher's Batman films poor ratings.

They're grounded for life teenagers, cut off from society. It could be a very compelling story. It's already more interesting than anything I expected to come out of this movie. Funny and exciting? Yes. But I never expected interesting.

That is what's frustrating about this movie. You have a somewhat (I use that term loosely) interesting story idea used in an otherwise non-serious TMNT film.

I do find it funny how Raph is obviously taking issue with Leo's stance on being human even though we just had him go through a 'respecting Leo's authority' development last movie. It's like these people are trying to make up for the lack of focus of said development there in this film, but here it just feels tacked on. Not only is this blatantly rehashing that Leo-Raph conflict that's practically overdone by now, but it also just s*its on whatever special "character development" Raph was supposed to get last film just so we can still have him as the one-note rebel of a group that's already one-note across the board.

To be honest, for any credibility Raph gives his brothers, he's soon to have another conflict with them. Although the contradicting aspect of him is when after he lectures Mikey about moving in the shadows, he suddenly wants to become human to blend in with others. "Uhhh Raph, what part of moving in the shadows don't you understand"?

DarkLightDragon
04-12-2016, 06:58 PM
^Yes, that's the other thing. He gives Mikey s*it for wanting to try and blend in just for one time where they would blend in yet he seems to be first on board with turning human.

Getting so many confusing directions here. Pretty much sums up what the film is aiming for really.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-12-2016, 06:59 PM
To be honest, for any credibility Raph gives his brothers, he's soon to have another conflict with them. Although the contradicting aspect of him is when after he lectures Mikey about moving in the shadows, he suddenly wants to become human to blend in with others. "Uhhh Raph, what part of moving in the shadows don't you understand"?

It's hard to move in the shadows when you're the size of Bruce Banner after coming home from a day of failed Anger Management classes to catch Betty Ross in bed with Tony Stark...

chrisdude
04-12-2016, 07:13 PM
If they go human, they're giving up being heroes. And they don't have a reason to hide. So stealth is a moot point.

IndigoErth
04-12-2016, 07:38 PM
If they went with this human thing, then they should at least be realistic and delve into all the legal ramifications of doing that and suddenly finding themselves as born citizens without any legal documents pertaining to their existence and citizenship. No social security numbers, no birth certificates, no high school diplomas, not much to put on the resume other than being trained in martial arts... Trying to get jobs without those documents, let alone be able to test to get their GED's. Having bills, taxes, etc to worry about... Being human has some serious drawbacks, Turtles; esp new humans who mysteriously have no history of said human life.

Like that picture of the 1990 Turtles showing up sad at April's door... now it's human former-Turtles who are now really really lost and no idea what to do from that point. (Could be interesting if they were not the center of a 32-year-old franchise and no one was attached to them being the TMNT that they are.)

ToTheNines
04-12-2016, 08:00 PM
The Gang's All Here may the be the absolute worst episode of the Fred Wolf cartoon. That's saying something.

TigerClaw
04-12-2016, 08:08 PM
The Gang's All Here may the be the absolute worst episode of the Fred Wolf cartoon. That's saying something.
I dont know, It was a fun episode.

NcfTylnGFnc

TurtleTitan97
04-12-2016, 08:12 PM

Oh sure. It was a whole bottle of laughs all right. So much fun I forgot to smile. :roll:

ToTheNines
04-12-2016, 08:18 PM

NcfTylnGFnc

Yeah, I got it on DVD bra. I'll never watch it again though, so you might as well edit your post since it's a violation of forum policy.

Or just log off and never post again. Either way.

Galactus
04-12-2016, 08:19 PM

It seems to be pretty disliked among fans which would make the idea that they purposefully drew from that episode sadly ironic. In a movie series which has sidestepped adapting many great TMNT stories and discarded some of the basic and important parts of the mythology one aspect they do use is from an episode hardly any fan likes. :-?

For my part I don't think it's the worst episode of the show but I do think the part with Bebop and Rocksteady was one of those moments as a kid I felt the show was turning to silly and the idea that Michelangelo would lose his capacity to do martial arts if he's human is the kind of idiocy I have to roll my eyes at and hey at least the show didn't make transformation from mutant to human so easy, the whole instant human hand from a drop of mutagen is one of the stupidest things since...well learning ninjutsu from a book. :roll:

TigerClaw
04-12-2016, 08:32 PM
It seems to be pretty disliked among fans which would make the idea that they purposefully drew from that episode sadly ironic. In a movie series which has sidestepped adapting many great TMNT stories and discarded some of the basic and important parts of the mythology one aspect they do use is from an episode hardly any fan likes. :-?

For my part I don't think it's the worst episode of the show but I do think the part with Bebop and Rocksteady was one of those moments as a kid I felt the show was turning to silly and the idea that Michelangelo would lose his capacity to do martial arts if he's human is the kind of idiocy I have to roll my eyes at and hey at least the show didn't make transformation from mutant to human so easy, the whole instant human hand from a drop of mutagen is one of the stupidest things since...well learning ninjutsu from a book. :roll:
Given how humans would weight less then the Turtles, Mikey would probably break those bones as a human while pulling off those stunts.

ToTheNines
04-12-2016, 08:35 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/53245682.jpg

TurtleTitan97
04-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Given how humans would weight less then the Turtles, Mikey would probably break those bones as a human while pulling off those stunts.

Are seriously justifying something as stupid as that??

I get the feeling you'd defend just about anything related to TMNT no matter how dumb it is.

TigerClaw
04-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Are seriously justifying something as stupid as that??

I get the feeling you'd defend just about anything related to TMNT no matter how dumb it is.
I'm just gonna ignore all that, since people will argue over anything and jumping off topic.

TurtleTitan97
04-12-2016, 08:54 PM
I'm just gonna ignore all that, since people will argue over anything and jumping off topic.

This coming from the guy who posted an episode from the OT when it's against forum policy. :roll:

And at least I don't blindly defend stuff just because I'm a fan.

TigerClaw
04-12-2016, 08:55 PM
This coming from the guy who posted an episode from the OT when it's against forum policy. :roll:

And at least I don't blindly defend stuff just because I'm a fan.
If you were a fan of something, you would defend it to, that's what fans do right? they defend the things they love.

Anyways, enough of that stuff since this is going off topic.

TurtleTitan97
04-12-2016, 08:58 PM
If you were a fan of something, you would defend it to, that's what fans do right?

See, that line of thinking right there is exactly where lies the difference between you and me, Tiger.

I defend what's considered to be GOOD.

You defend practically everything, no matter how many flaws it has. :roll:

TigerClaw
04-12-2016, 09:00 PM
See, that line of thinking right there is exactly where lies the difference between you and me, Tiger.

I defend what's considered to be GOOD.

You defend practically everything, no matter how many flaws it has. :roll:
These so called flaws are a matter of one's opinion, what you describe as flaws, aren't flaws to anyone else, this is why the fandom is split.

TurtleTitan97
04-12-2016, 09:03 PM
These so called flaws are a matter of one's opinion, what you describe as flaws, aren't flaws to anyone else, this is why the fandom is split.

_n5E7feJHw0

Well I'd love to stick around and chat, but I've got MUCH better things do with my time than go around in circles with you.

So T.T.F.N, KittyClaw.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-12-2016, 09:03 PM

Seriously, Titan, old bean... we all figured that out years ago. :tlol:

TurtleTitan97
04-12-2016, 09:08 PM
Seriously, Titan, old bean... we all figured that out years ago. :tlol:

I must be getting old in my age if I forgot something as obvious as that.:lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-12-2016, 09:18 PM
I must be getting old in my age if I forgot something as obvious as that.:lol:

I'll get you your apple juice and pudding, ol' timer... :twink:

IndigoErth
04-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Flaws are allowed to exist, but they are also allowed to be pointed out and disliked. - what's wrong with that?

This isn't 21st century little league where everyone is coddled and gets a trophy for showing up and trying. Do that and they have no reason to adjust their game plan when they green light a sequel or try harder on something that didn't go so well.

Even if some ideas don't go over so well, to their credit they do seem to be at least trying to show us that they've tried to make some positive changes, like hopefully actually focusing a lot more on the real stars this time. If people didn't complain about that last time, that April hogged the spotlight, it probably would still be all about her again. (Granted trailers can be deceiving, but so far... looks like the Turtles are more center stage.) If there are more, I could at least respect a continued effort to improve on it based on fan, uh, critiques, even if I don't like and support every choice.

DioLeo451
04-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Flaws are allowed to exist, but they are also allowed to be pointed out and disliked. - what's wrong with that?

This isn't 21st century little league where everyone is coddled and gets a trophy for showing up and trying. Do that and they have no reason to adjust their game plan when they green light a sequel or try harder on something that didn't go so well.

Even if some ideas don't go over so well, to their credit they do seem to be at least trying to show us that they've tried to make some positive changes, like hopefully actually focusing a lot more on the real stars this time. If people didn't complain about that last time, that April hogged the spotlight, it probably would still be all about her again. (Granted trailers can be deceiving, but so far... looks like the Turtles are more center stage.) If there are more, I could at least respect a continued effort to improve on it based on fan, uh, critiques, even if I don't like and support every choice.
Exactly well said

chrisdude
04-13-2016, 12:01 AM
If they went with this human thing, then they should at least be realistic and delve into all the legal ramifications of doing that and suddenly finding themselves as born citizens without any legal documents pertaining to their existence and citizenship. No social security numbers, no birth certificates, no high school diplomas, not much to put on the resume other than being trained in martial arts... Trying to get jobs without those documents, let alone be able to test to get their GED's. Having bills, taxes, etc to worry about... Being human has some serious drawbacks, Turtles; esp new humans who mysteriously have no history of said human life.
No one wants to see that movie. Also, facing those problems still beats spending life in the sewers. Without getting too political, there are COUNTLESS people in America getting by without those documents.

sethmartin
04-13-2016, 12:27 AM
They DID NOT draw from that episode! That is one obscure episode that only us die hard fans know about.

Here's my theory...

Due to negative reviews of the last film and the pressure to make it "more like the turtles we know", I think the writers watched the first few episodes of season one of the OT show and said "Ok, we need asian Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady, the Technodrome, ninja Foot Clan, and Baxter Stockman.

As well as...

The first season of the show dealt with the turtles trying to turn Splinter human again, but since the filmmakers had already jacked up the origin and omitted Hamato Yoshi, they couldn't go that route. So they said, "hey, lets make the turtles want to become human instead".

Anyone thinking that they did any more research than this is being foolish. I don't know if the movie will be good or not. I'm hoping it is. But it's very clear that the filmmakers want to make their own ninja turtles movie and they think they can do it better than any other version that came before. The saving grace is that these movies make a ton of dough so Paramount will keep making them with or without the current cast and crew. If the movies continue to make major bank but still get negative reviews, Paramount will have no choice but to reboot the series, just like Spider-Man had to.

ToTheNines
04-13-2016, 02:57 AM
If you were a fan of something, you would defend it to, that's what fans do right? they defend the things they love.

Anyways, enough of that stuff since this is going off topic.

If Michael Bay farted in your face, would you defend him?

ZariusTwo
04-13-2016, 03:28 AM
Yeah, I got it on DVD bra. I'll never watch it again though

I've rewatched it several times. It's not at all bad, and it ends with April kissing Mikey, so of course I'm gonna keep watching it:)

If they went with this human thing, then they should at least be realistic and delve into all the legal ramifications of doing that and suddenly finding themselves as born citizens without any legal documents pertaining to their existence and citizenship. .

Go to bed Mr. Trump:P

ToTheNines
04-13-2016, 03:36 AM
Obviously the Fred Wolf cartoon always played fast and loose with continuity, but I just can't reconcile how this script got approved. That James A. Davis buffoon obviously never read the series bible.

Bry
04-13-2016, 05:30 AM
"The fandom is split because some people won't just eat their garbage with a smile!"

https://media0.giphy.com/media/p8Uw3hzdAE2dO/200w.gif

This place sometimes, I swear.

This blind fan loyalty thing. This "I like [Thing], so I have to like and defend every part of [Thing]" mindset. Completely irrational. This property has existed for 32 years. Anything that goes on that long, and through this many iterations and variations, is going to have some awful stuff in the mix. The idea that anyone would actively defend the worst material the property has to offer, even deny it's even bad at all, is just mind-boggling.

Like, I understood wanting to "support the property" when it was independently owned by he creator/creators. That much I get. But it's not anymore. It's part of a massive corporate portfolio now. And they've already made money hand over fist -- more money than any of us can properly conceive of -- out of their investment. Defending the property no matter what doesn't help the Ninja Turtles at this point, it just helps give the executives at Viacom maximum profit for minimal effort.

The corporation doesn't care about the fans. They dont even care about the property, really. They just care about you giving them your money. If you're gonna throw it at them no matter what, then they never, ever have to try harder.

Shred Head
04-13-2016, 07:01 AM
Just watched the trailer and ugh this movie just keeps pissing me off. Hey a new Purple mutagen that mutates humans nice little nod to the 80's show. Then they **** it up by saying it turns mutants into humans. Mutants who where never humans to begin with nor have any human DNA in them. I always hated when the shows forgot the rules to the stuff and turned the Ooze into magic powder that does anything because **** it they need it to. That always bugged me even as a kid.

Only good thing I can think of in this trailer was that the Turtles themselves are the ones featured in it but I do wonder if the movie really will have that much Turtle time as the ads are trying to make. I mean **** this movie has to introduce Casey Jones, Bebop and Rocksteady Baxter Stockman and reintroduce the Shredder, Karai, and the Foot Clan because they ****ed it up the first time. On top of all that Dimension X invasion and Technodrome fight with Krang. Baman V Superman couldn't handle all the sub plots and characters it was trying to pack into it and this movie seems to have even more then it did. That with a run time that is probably in tuned with most kids movies. i dont see how this wont be a disaster like the last one.

LeotheLateBloomer
04-13-2016, 07:05 AM
If the movies continue to make major bank but still get negative reviews, Paramount will have no choice but to reboot the series, just like Spider-Man had to.

If only, this IS Bay we're talking about. Transformers has yet to get a reboot.

Chabrendeki
04-13-2016, 08:13 AM
Just watched the trailer and ugh this movie just keeps pissing me off. Hey a new Purple mutagen that mutates humans nice little nod to the 80's show. Then they **** it up by saying it turns mutants into humans. Mutants who where never humans to begin with nor have any human DNA in them. I always hated when the shows forgot the rules to the stuff and turned the Ooze into magic powder that does anything because **** it they need it to. That always bugged me even as a kid.

Only good thing I can think of in this trailer was that the Turtles themselves are the ones featured in it but I do wonder if the movie really will have that much Turtle time as the ads are trying to make. I mean **** this movie has to introduce Casey Jones, Bebop and Rocksteady Baxter Stockman and reintroduce the Shredder, Karai, and the Foot Clan because they ****ed it up the first time. On top of all that Dimension X invasion and Technodrome fight with Krang. Baman V Superman couldn't handle all the sub plots and characters it was trying to pack into it and this movie seems to have even more then it did. That with a run time that is probably in tuned with most kids movies. i dont see how this wont be a disaster like the last one.

I agree with you completely.

Bry
04-13-2016, 08:53 AM

Yep, I'm with you. Even if a concept is "silly" it should still have its own internal logic. Even if some elements of the world are wholly fictional or fantastic, how they work needs some structure and consistency. World-building depends on it. If their world has no rules, nothing really matters, and it's much harder to become invested in it.

If only, this IS Bay we're talking about. Transformers has yet to get a reboot.

Yep. See, if these were treated like any other comic/"geek" properties, there'd be more scrutiny, I think. There's at least an effort to tell good stories and build engaging characters with most of those properties, and when they fall short, the producers are more likely to listen to the criticisms. With this, like Transformers, the producers are treating it like a dumb toy commercial, and giving its story and characters that level of care. Nobody involved is interested in doing anything more than that, which means the only thing that can change the course of this ship is if it falls short financially.

METALHEAD
04-13-2016, 03:04 PM
i love the trailer. movie looks to be badass. the whole human thing i'm not pissed because there was an episode of mikey in the original episode who turn human from anti-mutagen. i figured thats where they got that from, sort of a nod to it.

definitely gonna see this on opening day with my chick.

can't tell you how excited to see this movie. as megan fox stated, 'more turtle focus' and less human focus. i hope this is true. :tgrin: sometimes it feels surreal that we're gonna get bebop and rocksteady and krang! its an awesome feeling.

IndigoErth
04-13-2016, 03:28 PM
No one wants to see that movie.
No kidding, that's why it was sarcasm.

neatoman
04-13-2016, 03:55 PM
i love the trailer. movie looks to be badass. the whole human thing i'm not pissed because there was an episode of mikey in the original episode who turn human from anti-mutagen. i figured thats where they got that from, sort of a nod to it.

We know about that episode, it was not a good plot back then either. It's worse here because the second movie in a series made today on a massive budget, should not have to resort to using the same idea as a 30 year old saturday morning cartoon made on a shoestring budget and an absurd time table, especially when it was episode 41.

METALHEAD
04-13-2016, 04:37 PM
We know about that episode, it was not a good plot back then either. It's worse here because the second movie in a series made today on a massive budget, should not have to resort to using the same idea as a 30 year old saturday morning cartoon made on a shoestring budget and an absurd time table, especially when it was episode 41.

:/ yeah you see, i'm just seeing it as a nod. like they did with transformers dark of the moon had a nod to the episode the ultimate doom. i can appericate these little things like that.

but to each his or her own i guess. i just find it stupid to complain over small details instead of enjoying a film for what it is. the first movie had its flaws. but even i know the origin story needs some change after 30 some years of the same story. things needs to be updated, and in 26 years a guy who grew up with this film is gonna remember fondly of these films just as we remeber fondly of the first 3 films. eh.

Bry
04-13-2016, 04:59 PM
the first movie had its flaws. but even i know the origin story needs some change after 30 some years of the same story.

In 78 years, how many times has Superman not been sent to Earth from the doomed planet Krypton, taken in by a kindly couple of Kansas farmers, and used his powers to fight for truth and justice?

In 77 years, how many times has Batman not had his parents murdered in front of him by a criminal, then trained his body and mind to become a vigilante decidated to fighting crime in Gotham City?

In 54 years, how often has Spider-Man not been bitten by a radioactive (or genetically altered) spider, only for his uncle to be killed due to his selfish inaction, learning that with great power there must also come great responsibility?

...I can go on. The same origin has worked for those characters, across countless different versions and iterations, for a lot longer than TMNT has existed. And nobody thinks those origins need to change.

There's a difference between updating/tweaking the origin and wholesale throwing out the motivating impetus of the characters and their story. Which is exactly what BayTurtles did.

slingtheory
04-13-2016, 05:49 PM
Change for the sake of change man. That's all it is. There's nothing so wrong with the origin that it needed to be altered so radically.I think even the most devoted supporters of the bay verse would agree

Bry
04-13-2016, 06:41 PM
The fact that they thought a Yoshi/Saki rivalry would be "too complicated" tells you exactly what they think about their audience.

To say nothing about leaving so many movie-breaking plot holes and basic story inconsistencies in the movie without even trying to fix them. Folks should find that insulting, if anything. :trazz:

Galactus
04-13-2016, 08:18 PM
:/ yeah you see, i'm just seeing it as a nod. like they did with transformers dark of the moon had a nod to the episode the ultimate doom. i can appericate these little things like that.

but to each his or her own i guess. i just find it stupid to complain over small details instead of enjoying a film for what it is. the first movie had its flaws. but even i know the origin story needs some change after 30 some years of the same story. things needs to be updated, and in 26 years a guy who grew up with this film is gonna remember fondly of these films just as we remeber fondly of the first 3 films. eh.

These are not small details. Certainly the turtles turning human aspect looks to be a big part of the movie hence highlighting it in the trailer. Like SethMartin pointed out a few pages back the likelihood this was drawn specifically from The Gang's All Here seems low but if it was then what does it say about their understanding of the franchise when ditching so much stuff fans feel is essential in favor of drawing from an episode that is divisive at best.

Also the the idea that origin needs changing is the biggest lie Hollywood has ever tried to force on fans of comic book movie proven wrong but the current glut of highly successful comic book movies that stay faithful to the source. Ask yourself a question; Would you dislike a TMNT movie that had a faithful origin?

TurtleTitan97
04-13-2016, 08:22 PM
the first movie had its flaws. but even i know the origin story needs some change after 30 some years of the same story. things needs to be updated

By that insane logic, Hollywood should just radically change the origins of characters of Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, etc. considering they've been around longer than that.

Gimme a break. :roll:

chrisdude
04-13-2016, 10:14 PM
I think it all comes back to the old cartoon going nuts with the origin and everyone loving it. Makes everything seem malleable. Like, if that cartoon can work, what could possibly be sacred? I'm not saying it's the right way to think, but I can understand drawing the conclusion.