PDA

View Full Version : Serpent Karai

calmik
04-12-2016, 04:48 PM
Here is my latest finished custom paint job.

Powder
04-12-2016, 04:58 PM
I feel like the purple clashes heavily with the green but you did an amazing job texturing those individual scales, wow! The head looks wonderfully realistic too.

Eiko
04-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Really amazing love it.:):):)

shuriken
04-12-2016, 05:45 PM
Good job, the texture on the scales is pretty impressive.

Utrommaniac
04-12-2016, 05:55 PM
I feel like the purple clashes heavily with the green but you did an amazing job texturing those individual scales, wow! The head looks wonderfully realistic too.

There is a reason for that, with green and purple not only being secondary colors, but they're complementary colors. In fact, the green and purple here complement each other too well, considering that they're similar in saturation. The purple could be a little bit lighter, probably. But the paintjob itself is excellent.

Can you tell I had a brief lesson in color theory?

oldmanwinters
04-12-2016, 06:04 PM
The green scales look stupendous!

Huzzah
04-12-2016, 07:44 PM
There is a reason for that, with green and purple not only being secondary colors, but they're complementary colors. In fact, the green and purple here complement each other too well, considering that they're similar in saturation. The purple could be a little bit lighter, probably. But the paintjob itself is excellent.

Can you tell I had a brief lesson in color theory?

Hence the reason those two colors are commonly used on countless comic characters. Lex Luthor, Green Goblin, Hulk, Beetle, Mysterio, Joker, Riddler, Wrecker to name a few.

Utrommaniac
04-12-2016, 07:46 PM
I didn't quite put those together...but by golly, is that correct!

Also...Donatello for another green/purple mix!

calmik
04-12-2016, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the comments. I plan on taking pics of my other custom paint turtles. i have a ton. would it be best to do one thread per figure or one for my collection?

I never put the 2 colors together like that. thats cool!

Utrommaniac
04-12-2016, 08:02 PM
You certainly did an amazing job doing two colors for the first time. However you learned to do it, you employed it well (masking tape?)

I think it would be easier to have a single customs thread, rather than several, like a typical fanart/fanfiction thread. It would make organization a little easier for one thing.

Huzzah
04-13-2016, 05:20 PM
i actually like individual threads for customs, bulk threads for like action photos and such.

Powder
04-13-2016, 05:27 PM
Just do one catch-all thread, it's what most everyone does to prevent clutter & keep their stuff accessible.

Utrommaniac
04-13-2016, 05:40 PM
On top of that, it keeps threads from going un-replied. It would be a pity to have a thread with few to no replies on something that was really slaved over, for a single object. You can have presentation and action photos all in one thread.

calmik
04-14-2016, 04:06 PM
I will get my pics ready and post them in a single thread. thanks for the feedback. TMNT Out of the Shadows main 4 turtle custom paint almost done. few more days then onto bebop and rocksteady & then fishface

Powder
04-14-2016, 04:08 PM
I look forward to seeing those!