PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Removing unwanted Tags?

TigerClaw
04-12-2016, 09:06 PM
I noticed on many thread, Tag that don't really belong and don't represent the topic of the thread.

If I can make one suggestion, is for the thread starter to have the ability to remove tags that were created by other members, or set it so that only the thread starter can add tags only.

I been noticing this feature getting a lot of abuse around lately.

Cure
04-13-2016, 05:40 PM
I think something needs to be done about it, too.

TigerClaw
04-13-2016, 05:44 PM
I think something needs to be done about it, too.
Indeed, this feature is being abused a whole lot, and the person who created the threads originally cannot remove them, so they need to fix it so that the person can remove those unnecessary tags.

Krutch
04-14-2016, 12:32 PM
Sorry, I'm not sure what happened. I googled "Paul Rudd eats coleslaw" and ended up here somehow..

TigerClaw
04-14-2016, 01:07 PM
Sorry, I'm not sure what happened. I googled "Paul Rudd eats coleslaw" and ended up here somehow..
See, that is an example on why Tags aren't necessary any more, people will just put random things that make no sense for the topic, they are just abusing it to no end.

Netkeeper
04-14-2016, 03:19 PM
It's one of the most annoying things and I know the kids are the ones doing it.

Powder
04-14-2016, 03:54 PM
Nah, it's not. The repeat offenders are mostly open about their doing it. I myself have made 2-3 in jest but not for some time now, & they weren't any of the more awful ones.

TigerClaw
04-14-2016, 04:01 PM
Nah, it's not. The repeat offenders are mostly open about their doing it. I myself have made 2-3 in jest but not for some time now, & they weren't any of the more awful ones.
So you admit to abusing this system, this is something the admins will have to look at.

Powder
04-14-2016, 04:03 PM
The admins can tell who is responsible for each & every tag that is created, so yeah, I have no reason not to. & again, if you read the posts in the most recent thread this sort of thing was addressed in, the one in which you were mentioned, you'd see who the main two are (not me, I have not mocked you in tags at any point as far as I know). They straight up said it was them. :tlol:

At any rate, I myself would never put anything in I felt was crossing the line, given the mods know who did what. I haven't seen many that did take it too far, but it's a subjective matter. If it's a system that they feel isn't being properly used, they can either limit it to the OP, or remove it altogether. It's not like people make much use of it anyway.

Ninjinister
04-14-2016, 04:28 PM
Most of the things tagged gay have nothing to do with gay. Peanut is tagged in so many vg topics that it's mindboggling... it's like someone is doing it just so they know what topics to go berate him in or something. I skimmed a few where he just made one post and nothing else about the topic has anything to do with him.

There's probably more than just these instances where it's less of a friendly ribbing and more out-and-out being a dick.

Zulithe
04-14-2016, 04:31 PM
Can mods tell who adds a particular tag? cause some of them really stray into the area of trolling when they target specific posters.
The admins can tell who is responsible for each & every tag that is created

oh nevermind :P well then... can we please make this a priority? it's been a problem for a while now.

Powder
04-14-2016, 04:32 PM
Most of the things tagged gay have nothing to do with gay. Peanut is tagged in so many vg topics that it's mindboggling... it's like someone is doing it just so they know what topics to go berate him in or something. I skimmed a few where he just made one post and nothing else about the topic has anything to do with him.

There's probably more than just these instances where it's less of a friendly ribbing and more out-and-out being a dick.

True, there are some cases that go beyond being humorous jabs & are just outright immature (like "gay") or creepy/hateful.

What's with the "sadface" one? I noticed it's only in 3 threads, two of which made by you.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-14-2016, 06:35 PM
I think the tag-you're-it one is quite amusing. I also made it. :trazz:

Papenbrook
04-14-2016, 06:36 PM
True, there are some cases that go beyond being humorous jabs & are just outright immature (like "gay") or creepy/hateful.

Yeah. I am getting worried about some of the insult tags. They are cruel. :(

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-14-2016, 06:48 PM
Yeah. I am getting worried about some of the insult tags. They are cruel. :(

The mods are pretty good at dealing with those, from what I've seen.

Papenbrook
04-14-2016, 07:00 PM
The mods are pretty good at dealing with those, from what I've seen.

Still, there are some pretty terrible tags left, such as "EatMyAssCubed" and "ShutUpTigerClaw".

I don't understand why some people create tags for the sole purpose of insulting someone.
It's unnecessary.

TigerClaw
04-14-2016, 07:08 PM
which is why I suggested that only the person who created the thread, should be allowed to add tags or edit other people's tags, if they are deemed unnecessary.

Machias Banshee
04-14-2016, 07:11 PM
If I catch some particularly nasty tags, I usually remove them. There's only a few people that really abuse the tags, they just get around a Lot.

TigerClaw
04-14-2016, 07:19 PM
If I catch some particularly nasty tags, I usually remove them. There's only a few people that really abuse the tags, they just get around a Lot.
Well if you go to certain threads on the Platinum Dunes section, you will find a couple of tags in them that are inappropriate.

Ninjinister
04-14-2016, 08:07 PM

What's with the "sadface" one? I noticed it's only in 3 threads, two of which made by you.

That was to indicate topics I felt were sad.

I didn't add the one here, however

thundermaster612
04-15-2016, 08:11 PM
I've only put one random tag on a thread before because I couldn't find the 'CyberCubed nostril fetish' one....

can we add that back?

Papenbrook
06-18-2016, 09:27 PM
The insult tags are getting out of hand. They are unnecessary and way out of line.

Can the moderators/administrators solve the problem, or at least lessen it?

Shark_Blade
06-19-2016, 02:00 AM
Just remove tags.

Papenbrook
06-19-2016, 12:45 PM
Just remove tags.

It's not that simple, Shark_Blade. Most of the time, people don't remove their tags.

TigerClaw
06-19-2016, 12:48 PM
I think they should change it so that, only the thread starter can add or remove all tags, giving other people to add tags in threads they post in, gets a lot of abuse.

Etsyturtle2
06-19-2016, 12:57 PM
it says i dont have permission to use tags?

TigerClaw
06-19-2016, 01:01 PM
it says i dont have permission to use tags?
You can add and remove your own tags, the problem is, there are other tags added by other people, that you can't remove, and this is where the problem is.

I think only the person who creates a thread, should have the privilege to add or remove any tags that they deem inappropriate.

Etsyturtle2
06-19-2016, 01:04 PM
You can add and remove your own tags, the problem is, there are other tags added by other people, that you can't remove, and this is where the problem is.

I think only the person who creates a thread, should have the privilege to add or remove any tags that they deem inappropriate.
whenever i try to add a tag, it says i dont have permission. is this a post count thing?

TigerClaw
06-19-2016, 01:06 PM
whenever i try to add a tag, it says i dont have permission. is this a post count thing?
Maybe, I don't know.

Papenbrook
06-19-2016, 01:13 PM

I think you have to gain 1,500 posts (while managing a year-old account) in order to add tags.

Etsyturtle2
06-19-2016, 01:14 PM
I think you have to gain 1,500 posts and manage a year old account in order to add tags.

Thanks.
------