PDA

View Full Version : What was the first game you've played on each system?

Prowler
04-15-2016, 09:25 AM
I thought this would be interesting.

Atari 2600: Frogger. Pretty fun game, and I've only played it for the first time ever in like 2012!

NES: Super Mario Bros. or TMNT, I'm guessing. Can't say I recall, but it was either Mario or the Turtles.

Genesis: Sonic the Hedgehog

Game Gear: We had like 3 games for this ripoff and I only remember playing Shinobi on it, so probably that one.

SNES: Super Mario World... although my earliest life memory is playing Star Fox on the SNES when I was like 3-4 years old back in 1993-1994.

Sega Saturn: Either Virtua Fighter 2 or Virtua Cop 2... or wait, maybe Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition?

Tiger Electronic handheld games: I only recall owning one of them. It was a Sonic game where you had to climb up to Robotnik while avoiding getting hit by stuff he'd drop? I dunno. Does it ring a bell for anyone?

PlayStation: I never actually played in a physical one(if you know what I mean), but played a few games on it last year. I think Street Fighter Alpha 3 was the first one I've ever tried on it.

Nintendo 64: Super Mario 64

Game Boy Color: Tetris DX

Game Boy Advance: Didn't get any games for it until a year after I got it, so it was probably a GBC title that I played on it first. Can't recall which, but probably Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. As for actual GBA games, Super Mario Advance 2 or F-Zero Maximum Velocity. I think Mario Kart Super Circuit was also one of my first games for it as well.

GameCube: Fifa 2003. It came bundled with Sunshine back in Christmas 2002, but oddly enough, I went for my FIFA copy first. And next day, I played Melee.

PlayStation 2: I only got this console in 2005(Slim version). Cannot recall if it was Pro Evolution Soccer 5 or SmackDown vs. Raw 2006 that I played first on it.

Wii: ...Wii Sports doesn't really count, but I must say that I've mostly played Virtual Console and GameCube games on my Wii. At the time we got it, I was going through a retrogaming phase and then went through one where I felt like I had lost interest in videogames. My brother was the one who was playing mostly Wii games on it and I'm yet to touch games like the Mario Galaxy ones and SSB Brawl, even though they're right under the TV in my living room. I really oughta look into that someday...

So anyway, not counting Wii Sports then... SNK Arcade Classics vol. 1. A compilation of older games :lol:

DS: Never owned one, but played some WarioWare on it.

3DS: Mario Kart 7

Arcade Machines: Now, this one is quite challenging! As we all know, arcades are a rare species nowadays and most of them have died since the turn of the century, so 99% of the times I got my hands on one was when I was a kid in the 90s.

PC: I think I played the 7th Guest back in the 90s. Or maybe jsut watched my brother play it, can't recall. But now that I think about it, maybe my first title was actually Battle Chess? And then FIFA 2001 or Championship Manager 2000/2001.

I'm gonna bet that it was a Sega game. And it was either Virtua Fighter 3(I tried that one out every Saturday since a place near my home had it) or Sega Rally.

Then there's consoles like Xbox, 360, PSP, PS3, Vita and PS4; that I have never played except for the odd 2 minutes I've spent trying them out when they were on display at an electronics store. But that doesn't count.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-15-2016, 12:09 PM
Atari 2600: I think it might have been Adventure

NES: Probably Super Mario Bros

Genesis: Haven't played one ever

Game Gear: Again, never played one

SNES: I imagine it was probably Super Mario World

Sega Saturn: Never played one

Tiger Electronic handheld games: :lol::lol::lol:

PlayStation: Crash Bandicoot, but I played Bugs Bunny Lost in time the most

Nintendo 64: Ocarina of Time

Game Boy Color: Super Mario Deluxe

Game Boy Advance: Don't remember

GameCube: Mario Sunshine

PlayStation 2: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (still my all time favorite PS2 game to this day)

Wii: Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games (got it for free in a magazine competition)

DS: New Super Mario Bros

3DS: Ocarina of Time 3D

Arcade Machines: Galaga (I think)

PC: Lego Racers (I love that game so much)

TonySiegel
04-15-2016, 01:44 PM
From what I can remember:

SNES - Super Mario World
Genesis - Sonic 1
N64 - Super Mario 64
Playstation - Prob Crash Bandicoot
Dreamcast - Sonic Adventure
Game Boy Advance - Tony Hawk Pro Skater
PS2 - Don't Remember
X-Box - Halo 1
Gamecube - Smash Bros Melee
Wii - Zelda Twilight Princess
Wii U - Earthbound

Etsyturtle2
04-15-2016, 02:21 PM
Arcade- Ms. Pac Man
iPhone- Doodle Jump
Plug 'n' Play TV Game- Frogger
Atari 2600- millipede
NES- Duck Hunt
SNES- Super Mario World
N64- Super Mario 64
GameBoy Color- Tetris
GBA- Super Mario Land
DSi- New Super Mario Bros.
Wii- Wii Sports
3DS- New Super Mario Bros. 2
Wii U- Super Mario Maker

shuriken
04-15-2016, 04:11 PM
OOH this sounds fun.
um...
Atari 2600- Pong I think
NES classic- Mario Bros/ Duck hunt
Gameboy- Tetris
Gameboy Color- Bomberman Adventure
Sega Genesis- Street Fighter or Sonic 2
Super Nintendo- Megaman X
Playstation- WWF Smackdown
N64- Super Mario 64
Sega Dreamcast- Sonic Adventure
Gamecube-Smash Brothers Melee
GBA- Super Mario Bros 2
Nintendo DS- Lego Star Wars
Playstation 2- Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Xbox- Halo
XBox 360- Halo 2 or 3 (I dunno)
Wii- Super Smash Brothers
PS3- Fight Night Round 4
XBox One- Killer Instinct

Arcade- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles because of course

Prowler
04-15-2016, 04:20 PM
Xbox- Halo
XBox 360- Halo 2 or 3 (I dunno)

You don't know if the Halo you played after the first one was 2 or 3? :tcouch:

AT-Man
04-15-2016, 07:44 PM
It's entirely possible that I played some other game at a friend or somewhere before owning a certain system, so these are of systems and games that I have owned at some point:

PC: Prince of Persia / Space Quest 3 / Hangman

NES: Super Mario Bros

SNES: Super Mario World

N64: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

GC: The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy

PS1: Tekken

PS2: FFX

PS3: FFXIII

PS4: Bloodborne

PSP: God of War: Chains of Olympus

3DS: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

sdp
04-15-2016, 10:33 PM
This is a fun thread at least typing it since it makes you go down memory lane, I'm including consoles I played at friend's or stores and this list is only the ones I can think of at the moment.

Gameboy: Either Super Mario Land or Tetris since they're the two games we had when we got it.

NES:Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt

Genesis: Sonic the Hedgehog

SNES: Super Mario World.

Sega Saturn: Sonic R

Playstation: Crash Bandicoot

N64:Pilotwings 64

Dreamcast: Ready 2 Rumble

PS2:Twisted Metal Black

Gamecube: Super Monkey Ball

X-Box: Halo

PSP: Some launch title fighting game from shoulder perspective

Gameboy Advance: Super Mario Advance

Nintendo DS: That sega get a date game.

360: Elder's Scroll IV

Wii: Wii sports

Wii U: Nintendo Land

Icebot
04-16-2016, 05:22 PM
Let's see:

NES: Either Super Mario Bros. or Duck Hunt
Don't remember for Game Boy, probably Tetris or Super Mario Land
Sega Genesis: I think it's Sonic The Hedgehog.
Game Gear: I think it's the first Sonic game.
N64: Either Mario 64 or Wave Race 64.
PlayStation: I think Rugrats
GameCube: Super Mario Sunshine
Game Boy Advance: Either TMNT 1 (2003), Hey Arnold or Pacman.
DS: Either TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare or Super Mario 64 DS.
Wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
3DS: Super Mario 3D Land

Prowler
04-16-2016, 05:25 PM
Don't remember for Game Boy, probably Tetris or Super Mario Land

Yoyu know, that's funny. I also don't remember which was my first GB game. I owned both the original grey brick GB and the green pocket GB, but can't remember which games I've played on them, let alone the first one ever.

Ninjinister
04-17-2016, 12:26 AM
How do you guys even remember any of this?

Prowler
04-17-2016, 07:51 AM
How do you guys even remember any of this?
I felt it'd be a fun memory exercise.

I don't remember clearly which games I've popped in 90s consoles, but it's fun trying to remember.

Also, when it comes to Nintendo consoles, it's easier to remember this considering that every Nintendo console gets bundled with a Mario game. The Wii got bundled with Wii Sports because it was a proper introductory game to the motion controls, not to mention Nintendo was tapping into a lot of people who had never really played games before, so they needed a fairly easy game to pick up and play like Wii Sports to get the consumers used to the motion controls.

MikeandRaph87
04-17-2016, 08:14 AM
NES-Super Mario Bros.
Gameboy-TMNT:Back To The Sewers
Sega Genesis-Sonic 2
SNES-TMNT-Turtles In Time
N64-Mario 64
Playstation-MLB 1998
Gamecube-Rocky
Xbox-Halo
Wii-Wii Sports

Prowler
04-17-2016, 08:15 AM
NES-Super Mario Bros.
Gameboy-TMNT:Back To The Sewers
Sega Genesis-Sonic 2
SNES-TMNT-Turtles In Time
N64-Mario 64
Playstation-MLB 1998
Gamecube-Rocky
Xbox-Halo
Wii-Wii Sports
I was hoping to see someone mentioning a more obscure game as their first one for a major console.

I had no idea there was a Rocky game for the GC. How... "decent" is it?

MikeandRaph87
04-17-2016, 09:38 AM
I was hoping to see someone mentioning a more obscure game as their first one for a major console.

I had no idea there was a Rocky game for the GC. How... "decent" is it?

I enjoyed it. The movie mode has three minor fights then you have the movie opponent as the boss and you can train to gain points in five categories. If you beat it on hard you unlock Mickey Goldmill and the Rocky statue as playable characters for the 1 vs 2 players or vs cpu. It has nice graphics that hold up for a 2002 game. A couple of the pale white opponents real can get bloodied up. I still play it a few times a year.

sdp
04-17-2016, 01:49 PM
That's why its a fun thread since you force yourself to remember what you played first, its not that difficult for many consoles since I only had one title when I bought the system or it was the title in stores demo units but I did give an informed guess in a few of them like with the Gamecube I bought both Super Monkey Ball and Rogue Leader but I probably went for the easy pick up and play game instead of RL. The ones I had no idea I didn't list.

Prowler
04-17-2016, 02:09 PM
That's why its a fun thread since you force yourself to remember what you played first, its not that difficult for many consoles since I only had one title when I bought the system or it was the title in stores demo units but I did give an informed guess in a few of them like with the Gamecube I bought both Super Monkey Ball and Rogue Leader but I probably went for the easy pick up and play game instead of RL. The ones I had no idea I didn't list.
Oh demos? I had a Demo CD for the Sega Saturn(actually, I still have it) which contained a Sega Rally track, a level of Clockwork Night II and some Baseball game which name I've forgotten where you could play in the home run mode. I played the **** out of that demo back in the day.

Demo CDs and PC games that came bundled with gaming magazines were pretty cool.

Toitlefan
04-17-2016, 03:36 PM
Definitely had to think back on this one...
Nes-Excitebike
Snes-Ninja Warriors
Genesis-Sonic 1
PS1-Resident Evil
PS2-Spyhunter (I think)
GC-Metroid
PS3-kill zone 3
PS4-Battlefront

Sumac
04-17-2016, 06:05 PM
PC: Sopwith.

Atari 2600: some racing game?

NES: Load Runner or Star Force.

SNES: Kyle Petty's No Fear Racing.

PS2: Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks.

PS3: Final Fantasy XIII.

Prowler
04-17-2016, 06:42 PM
PC: Sopwith.

Atari 2600: some racing game?

NES: Load Runner or Star Force.

SNES: Kyle Petty's No Fear Racing.

PS2: Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks.

PS3: Final Fantasy XIII.
Woah, now talk about the first SNES game you've ever played being obscure. I have honestly never heard of this game before. I'm guessing you got a SNES around 1995-1996, then? And how did that end up being your first game and not something like, I dunno, Donkey Kong Country which came out around that time? Now I'm curious.

The Deadman
04-18-2016, 11:03 AM
Ahh hell let's see if i can remember any of these....

Atari 2600: Umm....i cant remember lol
NES: Super Mario Bros
N64: NHL '99
Gamecube: NBA Courtside 2002
Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings (if you're not counting Wii Sports)
Wii U: New Super Mario Bros U
Genesis: Jurassic Park
Playstation: cant even remember
Playstation 2: Grand Theft Auto 3
Xbox: NFL Fever
Xbox 360: Sonic the Hedgehog '06

Cipher
04-18-2016, 12:07 PM
I have no idea how accurate this is. Might be mixing up first things I ever played with things I owned. No clue.

Of what I own (or owned and is now at my parents' house because of its joint custody with siblings/my barely playing video games anymore):

SNES: Turtles in Time
N64: Super Mario 64, but the first game I owned when I got the console was Chameleon Twist. Actually, that might have been first at my cousin's house too.
Game Boy: Technically Castlevania Adventure or a skateboarding game at a relatives. When I owned it, Pokemon Blue.
GameCube: Luigi's Mansion or Smash Bros. Melee
Gameboy Advance: Rayman Advance or Mario Advance (suuuuuuuch a good system)
DS: Mario 64 DS
3DS: Technically the Scribblenauts DC game, and shortly after Pokemon X, which is what I bought it for
NES: TMNT (got this late into high school with all three TMNT games, Mario Bros. 3, and the first Dragon Warrior, though I'm pretty sure the first TMNT game was the first one I played)
Playstation: No clue. I wound up getting one of these late into high school used. I'm sure I played something at a friend's before I owned it, and when I finally got one, I got a stack of cheap games at the same time.
Wii: Wii Sports? What else launched with this? Twilight Princess?

Never owned:
Any of the Xboxes, but I'm pretty sure the first thing I played on one was Halo. Any of the later Playstations, couldn't tell you. Pretty sure the first thing I ever touched on Wii U (not mine) was Mario 3D World. Genesis was definitely Sonic 2 at a family friend's house under circumstances I barely remember. Or it might have been TMNT: Hyperstone Heist at a friend's house before that. I don't think I've ever even held a non-Nintendo handheld system, so that rules those out.

Prowler
04-18-2016, 12:40 PM
I have no idea how accurate this is. Might be mixing up first things I ever played with things I owned. No clue.

Of what I own (or owned and is now at my parents' house because of its joint custody with siblings/my barely playing video games anymore):

SNES: Turtles in Time
N64: Super Mario 64, but the first game I owned when I got the console was Chameleon Twist. Actually, that might have been first at my cousin's house too.
Game Boy: Technically Castlevania Adventure or a skateboarding game at a relatives. When I owned it, Pokemon Blue.
GameCube: Luigi's Mansion or Smash Bros. Melee
Gameboy Advance: Rayman Advance or Mario Advance (suuuuuuuch a good system)
DS: Mario 64 DS
3DS: Technically the Scribblenauts DC game, and shortly after Pokemon X, which is what I bought it for
NES: TMNT (got this late into high school with all three TMNT games, Mario Bros. 3, and the first Dragon Warrior, though I'm pretty sure the first TMNT game was the first one I played)
Playstation: No clue. I wound up getting one of these late into high school used. I'm sure I played something at a friend's before I owned it, and when I finally got one, I got a stack of cheap games at the same time.
Wii: Wii Sports? What else launched with this? Twilight Princess?

Never owned:
Any of the Xboxes, but I'm pretty sure the first thing I played on one was Halo. Any of the later Playstations, couldn't tell you. Pretty sure the first thing I ever touched on Wii U (not mine) was Mario 3D World. Genesis was definitely Sonic 2 at a family friend's house under circumstances I barely remember. Or it might have been TMNT: Hyperstone Heist at a friend's house before that. I don't think I've ever even held a non-Nintendo handheld system, so that rules those out.

I've played a little bit of Halo 2 on an Xbox at display at an electronics store in Paris back in 2005. Dunno if I've ever played on a 360 before.

I've played a bit on PS3s and PS4s on display at stores before, but can't recall what. I dunno if I've ever touched a PSP or a Vita.

I've also played a bit of DK Tropical Freeze at a Wii U on display.

Shred Head
04-18-2016, 01:39 PM
Awesome idea this will be a fun trip down memory lane.

NES: Super Mario Bros.

Game Boy: Super Mario Land and Tetris had both probably played Mario first.

Super Nintendo: Super Mario World

Sega Genesis: Sonic the Hedgehog played it at a Funcoland that cemented me putting it on my birthday list as a kid.

Game Gear: Sonic the Hedgehog

Sega CD: Sega Classics Arcade Collection and Sherlock Holmes yeah that thing didn't get touched much tell Sonic CD came out.

Virtual Boy (Yes I know I'm ashamed of myself too): mario Clash

Sega Saturn: It was either one of four games Panzer Dragoon, Bug!, Virtua Fighter 2 or Daytona USA

Nintendo 64: Mario 64

Playstation: Probably Resident Evil at a friends house then when I bought the Playstation for myself I do remember getting Star Wars: Dark Forces

Game Boy Color: Pokemon Yellow

Sega Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure

Playstation 2: Zone of the Enders

Gamecube: Super Smash Bros Melee

XBox: Dead or Alive 3

Gameboy Advance: Super Mario Advance

Xbox 360: Dead Rising

Nintendo DS: Super Mario 64 DS

Playstation 3: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Wii: Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

3DS: Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

Wii U: New Super Mario Bros. Wii U

Playstation 4: Assassin's Creed Black Flag

Allio
04-18-2016, 02:09 PM
physical game systems themselves, only the games exclusive to those systems, ie no ps1 games for ps2

nes
TMNT 2 arcade

Gameboy
Pokemon red

Gameboy Color
Pokemon silver(?)

3DS
Pokemon X

Gameboy Adavance
lilo and stich

Gamecube
Super Smash Brothers melee

Wii
Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Playstation
Spyro the Dragon

Playstation 2
Dragon ball z budokai

Playstation 3
Naruto Ninja Storm Generations

Playstation 4
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

PSP
Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Fourze

Prowler
04-18-2016, 02:18 PM
Gameboy Adavance
lilo and stich

I would like to hear the story behind this :lol:

Krutch
04-19-2016, 05:59 AM
Ughh... trying to remember is tough. I think it went something like this though.

Atari - some kind of tank game. forgot the title.
Sega Master System - Cloud Master
Nintendo - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Super Nintendo - Super Mario World
Sega Genesis - Earthworm Jim
Playstation - Need for Speed
N64 - Mario 64
Playstation 2 - Kessen
Gamecube - one of the Mario parties.
Playstation 3 - Resistance: Fall of Man

Strangely I can't even begin to figure out what the first PS4 game I played was.

Slade
04-20-2016, 12:50 AM
SNES: Street Fighter 2. First game I ever played.

NES: Mario/Duck Hunt/Turtles 2

64: Think it was WCW Backstage Brawl or something.

Gamecube: Luigi's Mansion

Gameboy: Mortal Kombat II

Gameboy Color: Pokémon Red

Sega Genesis: Sonic

PlayStation I can't remember.

PS2: Grand Theft Auto III

PS3: Arkham Asylum

PS4: Pretty sure it was Black Flag

Shiro Kame
04-20-2016, 02:17 AM
SNES: Super Metroid

PlayStation: Crash Bandicoot

Nintendo 64: Super Mario 64

Game Boy Advance: Super Mario World

GameCube: Super Mario Sunshine

XBox: Amped 2

PlayStation 2: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Wii: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (technically Wii Sports)

XBox 360: XBox Live Arcade

DS: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

3DS: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Wii U: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Arcade Machines: An Egyptian Pinball game

PC: Sonic 3 & Knuckles (it was part of a PC game box set that came with Sega Smash Pack 2, Sonic R, Sonic CD, Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles)

Mobile: My Little Angela

PlayStation Vita: Rayman Origins

PSP: Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters

MsMarvelDuckie
04-20-2016, 05:38 PM
Atari 2600- Pong IIRC, or possibly Pac-Man.
TI 994A- Parsec. Great game, even by today's standards. Alpiner was another.
Nintendo- Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, of course! (It CAME with the console, after all....)
Super Nintendo- Zelda II(?) and Mario World, both at a friend's house (never owned one).
Genesis- Sonic and StarFox. At a friend's house again. Never owned one.
Game Cube- don't remember, but it would have been at a friend's. Probably Zelda or Smash Bros.
Gameboy (brick)- Pokémon Red
GB Advanced- Pokémon Diamond, maybe? Don't remember, but it was one of the later Pokémon games. Mine was purple. Still have it. MIGHT still work....
DS- Never played/owned one.
Wii- Wii sports/Zelda Twilight Princess, at a friend's house. Never owned one.
X-Box- Morrowwind, at our local comic/game store. The entire reason we bought the system was how much that game impressed me. It was the first game I bought with the console, too. Also NFS Most Wanted.
PS- Resident Evil, or NFS: Hot Pursuit, IIRC. Or FFVII, those were the first ones we owned for the system. Parasite Eve was an early game we played on it, too.
PS 2- Grand Turismo and FFX.
PS 3- Never owned or played on one.
X-Box 360- ES: Oblivion. Bought it on pre-order WITH the console when it was first released.
X-Box 1- none yet.
Never played/owned PS4.

chrisdude
04-20-2016, 10:06 PM
I thought this would be fun, but my brain fails me. I don't know how you guys remember the stuff.

Genesis: Sonic 1, because it was bundled in.

Nintendo 64: I probably played Mario 64 first. Mainly because none of my friends, growing up, had a Nintendo 64, and I remember paying Mario on a demo unit in the store.

PlayStation: I played some demos in Circuit City. I tried a few things I don't remember, but Tekken 2 was the one I loved, and ended up being my first game on the console.

Game Boy: I probably played some other kid's Game Boy before I had one, but my first game was Pokemon Blue.

Xbox One: This one I'm sure of. It was Killer Instinct.

Prowler
04-20-2016, 10:12 PM
I thought this would be fun, but my brain fails me. I don't know how you guys remember the stuff.

Genesis: Sonic 1, because it was bundled in.

Nintendo 64: I probably played Mario 64 first. Mainly because none of my friends, growing up, had a Nintendo 64, and I remember paying Mario on a demo unit in the store.

PlayStation: I played some demos in Circuit City. I tried a few things I don't remember, but Tekken 2 was the one I loved, and ended up being my first game on the console.

Game Boy: I probably played some other kid's Game Boy before I had one, but my first game was Pokemon Blue.

Xbox One: This one I'm sure of. It was Killer Instinct.
Well, with Nintendo consoles it's not very hard. Especially if you bought them at launch, since they usually com with a game bundled in.

Tekken 2? Played that for the first time ever in the mid-late 2000s. Tekken 5 came in with the arcade versions of the first 3 Tekken games. Obviously it was dated as hell by then.

Paul Phoenix's theme is still pretty cool, however:
Th8f0HfNC_8

ProactiveMan
04-21-2016, 06:05 PM
C64: River Raid
PC: I think it was caller Air Traffic Controller
NES: Kid Icarus
SNES: Super Mario Allstars
PS3: GTA4
PS4: Tomb Raider
Wii: Wii Sports
Wii U: New Super Mario Bros. U

Systems I've never owned
Atari ST: Bruce Lee
Master System: Adventure Island
Mega Drive: Mortal Kombat
Gameboy: Ghostbusters II
Gamegear: Batman Returns
Lynx: APB
N64: Shadows of the Empire
XBOX: Halo
XBOX 360: Halo 3
Playstation: Tekken II
PS2: Tekken III

the fixer
04-23-2016, 05:50 AM
This is a pretty good memory exercise, this! :)

Philips Videopac - Munchkin
NES - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Gameboy - Tetris
SNES - Batman Returns
PC - Star Wars: Dark Forces II - Jedi Knight
Playstation - Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi
Gameboy Advance - Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
PS2 - Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
DS - Another Code: Two Memories
GameCube - Resident Evil 4
Wii - Wii Sports
PS3 - Ghostbusters the video game
3DS - Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
PS4 - Batman: Arkham Knight

Prowler
04-23-2016, 04:13 PM
This is a pretty good memory exercise, this! :)

Philips Videopac - Munchkin
NES - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Gameboy - Tetris
SNES - Batman Returns
PC - Star Wars: Dark Forces II - Jedi Knight
Playstation - Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi
Gameboy Advance - Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
PS2 - Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
DS - Another Code: Two Memories
GameCube - Resident Evil 4
Wii - Wii Sports
PS3 - Ghostbusters the video game
3DS - Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
PS4 - Batman: Arkham Knight
Those are quite unusual choices for first games you've played on each console. I guess you're not the type who buys consoles at launch or in their first year in the market?

Allio
04-24-2016, 12:36 AM
I would like to hear the story behind this :lol:

I got a gameboy advance for Easter, didn't get a gameboy advance game for it until like a year later when I went to best buy when I saw the game, I loved the cartoon Lilo and Stitch

the fixer
04-24-2016, 01:28 PM
Those are quite unusual choices for first games you've played on each console. I guess you're not the type who buys consoles at launch or in their first year in the market?

Totally right sir. Some handhelds were bought at launch though... Oh- and the Wii. :)

oldmanwinters
04-25-2016, 12:14 AM
NES: Donkey Kong Classics
Game Boy: TMNT Fall of the Foot Clan
Sega Game Gear: Sonic the Hedgehog
Sega Genesis: Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Super Nintendo: Super Mario World
Sega CD: Sewer Shark
Sega 32X: Virtua Racing
N64: Super Mario 64
Sega Saturn: NiGHTS into Dreams
Sony Playstation: Twisted Metal
Sega Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure
Gamecube: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Sonic Heroes
Game Boy Advance: Wario Land 4
Xbox: Halo/Kung Fu Chaos
Playstation 2: Dragonball Z Budokai
Wii: Wii Sports/Rayman Raving Rabbids
Nintendo 3DS: Yoshi's New Island
Wii U: Super Mario 3D World

Kingoji
04-25-2016, 07:56 AM
Atari: Yar's Revenge, at a guess.
Spectrum: It's bound to be one of those random games no-one remembers that came on a compilation tape, but since this system gave me the first video game series that I followed, I'll name check Dizzy.
Amiga: Zool.
NES: Ninja Gaiden.
Game Boy: Probably Tetris.
Mega Drive: Spider-Man.
Mega CD: Sonic CD.
Master System: Alex Kidd in Miracle World.
SNES: Super Street Fighter II Turbo.
Playstation: Wipeout.
Dreamcast: Chu Chu Rocket.
Playstation 2: Zone Of The Enders.
Game Boy Colour: Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel.
Game Cube: Godzilla; Destroy All Monsters Melee.
Game Boy Advance: Sonic Advance.
X-Box: Conker's Bad Fur Day Live and Reloaded.
PSP: Locoroco.
Ninteno Wii: Godzilla Unleashed.
Playstation 3: Metal Gear Solid 4; Guns Of The Patriots.
Nintendo DS: Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain?
Nintendo 3DS: Legend of Zelda; Ocarina of Time 3d.
PSVita: The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character.

To the best of my memory. Some of these systems I only ever played once as they belonged to friends or cousins. I don't consider myself much of a gamer generally, and as I got older I only upgraded systems if I knew a new entry for a series I liked rolled out on it and nowhere else. Since nothing new has come out exclusively on either PS4, WiiU, or X-Bone, I've not played any of them.

Sumac
05-02-2016, 01:51 PM
Woah, now talk about the first SNES game you've ever played being obscure. I have honestly never heard of this game before. I'm guessing you got a SNES around 1995-1996, then? And how did that end up being your first game and not something like, I dunno, Donkey Kong Country which came out around that time? Now I'm curious.
It was in 2001 actually. Before I've played only on NES.
It was not my SNES. Friend of my parents gave me his console for several weeks with some carts. There were six carts, I think: Super Probotector: Alien Rebels (Contra 3), Donkey Kong Country 3, Kyle Petty's No Fear Racing, The Flintstones: The Movie, Tiny Toon Adventures (or something) and...something else, can't remember.

Later, that year I convinced my parents to give me money to get myself a new SNES (not an obvious choice for the 2001, but I wanted to play DKC3 and Super Probotector on my own console). Sadly, it was hard to find carts for it, so we found some trader who exchanged / sold used carts.

To this I have small collection of SNES carts. I think there are 9 of them? Super Probotector and DKC3 (bought from aforementioned friend of parents), Mortal Kombat 3 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Rise of the Robots (at least music was good), Judge Dredd, Batman Returns, Batman Forever (shitgame) and somewhat broken copy of Rock'n'Roll Racing.
Compared to my collection of NES carts (70+ various Chinese bootlegs only), it's nothing impressive.

Oh, and the actual reason why No Fear Racing was my first game on SNES, when I had Super Probotector and DKC3? Well, it was the first cart I took from the bag...or I decided to test console with something, less interesting...? Don't remember it know, sorry.