PDA

View Full Version : Is It Too Late to Get A Wii U?

Shiro Kame
04-15-2016, 05:33 PM
With the NX seeming to have no backwards compatibility should I get a Wii U? Or should I wait for the NX? I don't really know...

oldmanwinters
04-15-2016, 05:38 PM
lLW3CFZBdXI#t=03s

The Deadman
04-15-2016, 06:41 PM
You should.

Powder
04-15-2016, 06:48 PM
Is it too late to get a SNES? Games are good forever, yo. So long as the games are worth playing, the console is probably worth having, unless of course it's something with a backwards compatible predecessor.

The Wii U has a bunch of fun games, at least if you're into it's first party offerings, so I say yeah!

LeotheLateBloomer
04-15-2016, 08:27 PM
If you know there are a ton of games you want for it, better late than never!:)

Mew
04-16-2016, 06:09 AM
Do it. It's an amazing system.
(Though I may have a bit of a bias because it's my first consle I've owned. )

tmnt transformer
04-16-2016, 08:23 AM
Although the Wii u doesn't have as many great games as other consoles do, like all Nintendo consoles, it has some totally awesome games on it. Totally worth getting.

Prowler
04-16-2016, 12:14 PM
If anything, you should get one now if you really want one since you'll have a harder time finding some games in a few years down the road. Just like several GameCube games are either hard to find nowadays or are sold for considerably high sums.

Icebot
04-16-2016, 05:12 PM
What I'm wondering is if Wii u games can be played on the NX. If not I would definitely get the Wii u console, if so, I would wait for the NX.

raph27
04-16-2016, 09:23 PM
Still worth getting. I bought mine in January and I love it.

sdp
04-16-2016, 11:14 PM
Is it worth it? I bought mine a few weeks or so after launch even though I wasn't really wowed by it because I saw it at a place that was having a storewide sale and thought why not. It's definitely disappointing in many ways but Nintendo made up for it with a small great library that any videogame fan/collector will see it as worth owning. (Before I'm quoted yes it's a small library, not saying there aren't plenty of great games but when you compare the number of games to other systems its very small). I personally have mixed feelings about it, it did give me plenty of fun and I was able to get games for it very cheap and/or free through their promotions but the boneheaded decisions really burned me on it even if they did try somewhat to make Wii U owners feel it was a good purchase.

Is it a good idea to buy now? probably not. I'm guessing it'll get a price cut to $200 to unload the consoles they have but I don't see it getting cheaper than that officially since it could cannibalize NX sales. I know you've been able to get the Wii U before through sales or refurbished means at $200. Wait a month or so after E3 to see what Nintendo is going to do with it. I also think if you actually want to get it waiting too long isn't a good idea. I can see the Wii U becoming an expensive console (and games too) in the collectors market since there aren't many consoles/games out there and it has plenty of great first party Nintendo games, especially if Nintendo never drops the price. If you're not a hardcore vg fan or collector then skipping it might be a good idea, I'm sure the NX would be a better choice since it seems it'll get ports of Wii U games and eventually all the Wii U games will be playable through VC even if its over a decade before that happens.

Roseangelo
04-17-2016, 12:59 AM
If price is a consideration, watch the online Nintendo store for refurbished units. I picked up a white 32gb unit (which you can't even buy brand new in the US) last summer for $235, and that came with two games. I bought it for the sole purpose of playing Yoshi's Wooly World, and it was definitely worth it for me. Plus, it is backwards compatible with the original Wii, if you have any of those games.

If there's a game you want to play, I'd suggest you go for it. Even if the NX comes out relatively soon, it might not be worth purchasing right away, depending on the launch games.

CyberCubed
04-17-2016, 01:31 AM
There's at least 10-15 Nintendo exclusives worth picking up the console for. The typical Nintendo franchises every console gets, so pick up each new iteration of Mario/Zelda/DK/Pikmin/Starfox/Kirby/Yoshi/Pokemon....etc.

TheBlueTurtle1
04-17-2016, 03:07 AM
Get one, well worth every penny:D

Prowler
04-17-2016, 07:54 AM
The only games I'd really buy for the Wii U are:

- Super Mario Maker
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii U
- Super Luigi U
- Mario Kart 8

And that's it. You have Smash and Hyrule Warriors on the 3DS now. Yoshi's World might be a good game but it's not the type of game that pulls me in.

raph27
04-17-2016, 05:16 PM
And that's it. You have Smash and Hyrule Warriors on the 3DS now. Yoshi's World might be a good game but it's not the type of game that pulls me in.

Smash and Hyrule Warriors are so much better on the Wii U though.

Prowler
04-17-2016, 06:39 PM
Smash and Hyrule Warriors are so much better on the Wii U though.
I believe you, but I'm fine with both being on the 3DS. That way I do not need to buy a Wii U just to play them.

Shiro Kame
04-19-2016, 02:24 AM
I got a Wii U. One of the main reasons was so that I could use my 15% off discount on Windwaker HD and get Metroid Fusion free thanks to the My Nintendo rewards thing. After playing through Windwaker HD, I found that getting a Wii U was a great investment. Thanks for all you guys' input. It really helped with making my decision final. I guess it's also the first home console I've bought with my own cash instead of my father buying a console, which he did when he used to play video games especially Halo.

BTW, the first handheld I bought was a 3DS, which was better than the PlayStation Vita imo.

Shark_Blade
05-08-2016, 09:06 PM
Of course it's worth it. I bought my games from Nintendoshop and download it into my harddrive. Very convenient.

TheBlueTurtle1
05-09-2016, 12:41 AM
I got a Wii U. One of the main reasons was so that I could use my 15% off discount on Windwaker HD and get Metroid Fusion free thanks to the My Nintendo rewards thing. After playing through Windwaker HD, I found that getting a Wii U was a great investment. Thanks for all you guys' input. It really helped with making my decision final. I guess it's also the first home console I've bought with my own cash instead of my father buying a console, which he did when he used to play video games especially Halo.

BTW, the first handheld I bought was a 3DS, which was better than the PlayStation Vita imo.

You made a wise choice.:D