PDA

View Full Version : Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II Score

tmntscorefan
04-18-2016, 10:57 PM
Hi TMNT fans. Been a big fan of the Ninja Turtles since I was a kid (in my 40's now). Always loved the scores for the original movies and was always a shame that commercial releases were never available of the scores. A few months ago I was able to obtain some of the scores and I would like to present one of them here for us fans to enjoy. This is not a fan rip with sfx or anything like that.

Hope you enjoy!

Download Score (https://mega.nz/#!C4FTjSoT!bCg85wAzOUtFLOJpI0iVF_v1rcjhUxc78p9IhLM Gukw)

http://i.imgur.com/8rITTQP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sl7GLbm.jpg

Chabrendeki
04-18-2016, 11:25 PM
Hey, thanks! What's the key?

tmntscorefan
04-18-2016, 11:31 PM
Sorry. I edited the link with the key. So clicking on the link should work now.

alien_ken
04-18-2016, 11:44 PM
Thanks a lot dude :)

Chabrendeki
04-19-2016, 12:19 AM
That sounds great! Thanks!

AleXviD
04-19-2016, 01:24 AM
That's awesome! Thanks!

Raph
04-19-2016, 06:22 AM
Wow, that IS awesome!

Hopefully one of the first movie will show up, I'm dying to have the score for that one!

d_osborn
04-19-2016, 08:10 AM
Well, I can confidently say that I didn't expect to see this today! That's one hell of an introduction to the forums. Welcome! More importantly, THANKS FOR POSTING! :D

Just out of curiosity, how did you acquire this material? Any chance you have the first film score?

Seriously-- thanks man!

Raph
04-19-2016, 08:29 AM
Well, I can confidently say that I didn't expect to see this today! That's one hell of an introduction to the forums. Welcome! More importantly, THANKS FOR POSTING! :D

Just out of curiosity, how did you acquire this material? Any chance you have the first film score?

Seriously-- thanks man!

Indeed man! Very curious. And a TMNT 1 score, man that would be a wish come true!
And again thank you for this score. What an awesome thing to find today after work :D

Krutch
04-19-2016, 08:33 AM
Most excellent!
Thanks homie!

d_osborn
04-19-2016, 09:38 AM
Man, they really don't make fun scores like this anymore. :lol:

tmntscorefan, if you have the complete score from the first film in this quality, you would be a savior of this fanbase. We would hoist you up on a throne and chant your username, dump Gatorade on your head... whatever floats your score-loving boat.

Raph
04-19-2016, 10:03 AM
Man, they really don't make fun scores like this anymore. :lol:

tmntscorefan, if you have the complete score from the first film in this quality, you would be a savior of this fanbase. We would hoist you up on a throne and chant your username, dump Gatorade on your head... whatever floats your score-loving boat.

^
Yess that!

Autbot_Benz
04-19-2016, 10:50 AM
I agree with the others if you have the movie 1 score be our savior and please post it.

Krutch
04-19-2016, 02:30 PM
Just throwing it out there... I tossed this right onto my iPhone and listened to the whole thing on the way home with a stupid grin on my face.

Thanks again :)

TonySiegel
04-19-2016, 03:54 PM
can someone upload this to another server? megaupload doesn't work on my antique computer...

peace!

tmntscorefan
04-19-2016, 04:51 PM

Seriously-- thanks man!

I can't really say exactly how I got it, but someone who works in the film industry was kind enough to send me copies of this and the third film. Sadly I don't have the score for the original but they said they can get a copy but it's harder because the score was recorded in the 80's and is stored on old analog tapes where as TMNT 2 and 3 were on digital audio tapes. I actually have a longer version of TMNT 2. The one I shared was something I edited together and took the best parts of it.

When I get a chance I may post something for TMNT 3.

Powder
04-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Please do post the third score as well, this one itself is a God-send! We've all been clamoring for this stuff for 20 years! The illest thing to happen on this forum in forever, right here. I'm super thankful for this. Would love the un-edited version of SOTO too if you felt generous. :trazz:

Freeman
04-19-2016, 05:56 PM
Thank you so much for this!

Sabacooza
04-19-2016, 06:28 PM
I agree with everyone here. This is amazing to have such a rare gem pop up like this. Please do release the 3rd movie score and the 1st movie if you're able to. I would so love to get my hands on the first movie score.

Thanks tmntscorefan.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-19-2016, 06:41 PM
I can't really say exactly how I got it, but someone who works in the film industry was kind enough to send me copies of this and the third film.

Wow, so this must be legit then!

If you're able to provide the unabridged, unedited version of the film's score I'm sure a lot of us completionists would appreciate that as well! :)

I don't mean to come off as entitled or ungrateful, but do you happen to have this in lossless? Or did you receive the files as MP3s?

d_osborn
04-19-2016, 07:21 PM
I can't really say exactly how I got it, but someone who works in the film industry was kind enough to send me copies of this and the third film. Sadly I don't have the score for the original but they said they can get a copy but it's harder because the score was recorded in the 80's and is stored on old analog tapes where as TMNT 2 and 3 were on digital audio tapes. I actually have a longer version of TMNT 2. The one I shared was something I edited together and took the best parts of it.

When I get a chance I may post something for TMNT 3.
Cool! Were there any unused tracks that didn't make it into the film for TMNT 2? If you get a chance, I would LOVE to hear the rest of what you have for 2!

tmntscorefan
04-19-2016, 08:49 PM
Cool! Were there any unused tracks that didn't make it into the film for TMNT 2? If you get a chance, I would LOVE to hear the rest of what you have for 2!

Well, there seems to be a few cues from the film not on what I was sent and then there are cues on here that I did not hear in the film but can tell it is a part of the score. So yes it has unused cues on here not in the film, but missing some as well.

leosplint28
04-19-2016, 09:27 PM
thanks for the score

Roseangelo
04-19-2016, 11:05 PM
Whaaaaat?! This is amazing! Please do post everything you have! I guarantee that everyone here will eat it all up!

Anima Gemini
04-19-2016, 11:07 PM
Thank you so much for posting this, tmntscorefan! This means so much to me, and I know that many other fans feel the same way. It's quite a remarkable occasion, considering this is something we've been waiting 25 years for!

And to echo the sentiments of TheSkeletonMan939, I'd like to reiterate that us completionists would also really love to hear the unabridged and unedited versions of the scores, too. Just know that if you ever have the time and feel inclined to post the other material in your possession, it would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, dude! To sum all this up with just one word: Cowabunga! :tgrin:

the fixer
04-20-2016, 01:54 AM
OH
MY
GOD!

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6705009152/h7B8E67A5/

Dude, thanks a million for this!
We've been waiting for this a long... long, long time!

You totally made my day!

Raph
04-20-2016, 02:47 AM
I so agree with everyone here. You brought an amazing gift onto this forum. And if there's anything you can do to get that first movie score, you'd be the hero of this forum.

And! To be totally honest here..I would totally chip in, if that would be neccesary to get the movie 1 score! And I guess I'm not the only one.
__

You are awesome and looking forward to the movie 3 and (maybe) the full movie 2 score (been listening to it all day)!

TheSkeletonMan939
04-20-2016, 02:14 PM
Well, there seems to be a few cues from the film not on what I was sent and then there are cues on here that I did not hear in the film but can tell it is a part of the score.

Parts of scores can go unused for a lot of reasons. Maybe the director decided he didn't want it in the end; maybe it was scored for a cut scene; maybe a source cue was used instead, or maybe it was tracked from previous material.

It's cool that this material has a chance to see the light of day now.

Etsyturtle2
04-20-2016, 02:46 PM
Whaaaaat?! This is amazing! Please do post everything you have! I guarantee that everyone here will eat it all up!

That's a lie.

Leonardo87
04-20-2016, 05:52 PM
This is awesome dude! Much thanks and loving this very much! Can't wait for you to post III.

pferreira
04-21-2016, 08:49 AM
This is great, it's made my day. Thank you! :)

Jester
04-21-2016, 08:52 AM
Awesome. Time to pair with the fan made audio rip score from TMNT 1.

tmntscorefan
04-21-2016, 11:42 AM

Not sure if I'll post up all the tracks from each one. I may end up selling my copies that were sent to me on cdrs if anyone would be even interested in something like that. If so feel free to private message me.

sgtfbomb
04-29-2016, 08:14 PM
I have been waiting a long time for this! Thank you soo much! "A New Home" seems to be a very fitting cue for this thread. :D

As an aside, is this the full version of "Escape the Junkyard?" I seem to recall a more lighthearted, but exciting version of the Tokka/Rahzar theme being heard as they knock a bunch of foot soldiers over while the others are trying to escape into the sewer. The moment where Raph says "Step up to the bar, boys!" Was this cue amongst the material you weren't sent?

leosplint28
04-30-2016, 05:11 AM
hi sgtfbomb that is one of the cues from the third Ninja turtles movie when the turtles free the prisoners from the dungeons and one part of cue is when Michelangelo finally comes home. It looks like it was mislabeled or something

sgtfbomb
04-30-2016, 07:16 PM
hi sgtfbomb that is one of the cues from the third Ninja turtles movie when the turtles free the prisoners from the dungeons and one part of cue is when Michelangelo finally comes home. It looks like it was mislabeled or something

The cue when Mikey is transported back to the lair at the end is a callback to "A New Home" from SOTO, which is not only heard when they find the new lair in the second film, but also after they defeat Super Shredder and when Mikey finds the sewer lid in the junkyard.

I need to re-watch the movie, but I think this is also true for the rest of "Escape the Junkyard." The gladiator-esque music was Tokka/Rahzar's theme, which was later re-used in TMNT 3, if my memory serves right. The music I was talking about earlier -- when Raph says "Step up to the bar, boys!" -- is a different variation of the same music, just more fun and jovial. It's a really great piece.

I do believe this version of "Escape the Junkyard" is not mislabeled, but in the actual film, in that scene. I think it just cuts off here as Mikey finds the lid. So I wonder if the rest of the music from that scene wasn't included with the tracks given to tmntscorefan.

SS Kakarot
05-01-2016, 06:29 AM
This is great, thanks for sharing! :D

pferreira
05-05-2016, 02:36 PM
I do believe this version of "Escape the Junkyard" is not mislabeled, but in the actual film, in that scene. I think it just cuts off here as Mikey finds the lid. So I wonder if the rest of the music from that scene wasn't included with the tracks given to tmntscorefan.I remember that bit. Shame it's not included.

Roseangelo
05-05-2016, 03:57 PM
For the record, I entered into a transaction with the original poster for the complete TMNT 2 & 3 scores that he said he had on CD. It's been two weeks since I paid him and I have no CDs and he has not responded to any messages asking for tracking information.

I did not completely trust the guy when I decided to do this, but I thought it was worth the risk. I am still hoping that he will come through with what he promised, but as it stands I have a dispute open with PayPal on the matter. I hope no one else got taken by him.

UPDATE: I may have received the CDs. I have a package at the post office that I need to sign for, and I can't think of anything else that I'm expecting. Won't be able to pick it up until Saturday; will update then.

SS Kakarot
05-06-2016, 02:35 AM
For the record, I entered into a transaction with the original poster for the complete TMNT 2 & 3 scores that he said he had on CD. It's been two weeks since I paid him and I have no CDs and he has not responded to any messages asking for tracking information.

I did not completely trust the guy when I decided to do this, but I thought it was worth the risk. I am still hoping that he will come through with what he promised, but as it stands I have a dispute open with PayPal on the matter. I hope no one else got taken by him.

UPDATE: I may have received the CDs. I have a package at the post office that I need to sign for, and I can't think of anything else that I'm expecting. Won't be able to pick it up until Saturday; will update then.

Hopefully it will indeed be the CD's, good luck.

It's still weird that this music was posted all of a sudden after so many years! :lol:

Roseangelo
05-07-2016, 01:24 PM
Alas, my package was not the CDs. I had forgotten about some eBay items I was still waiting for. (For the record, they are these (http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-35-MM-Slide-20-pcs-/111919896282), these (http://www.ebay.com/itm/111919892286), and these (http://www.ebay.com/itm/111913465357), and they are AMAZING!)

sgtfbomb
05-07-2016, 02:28 PM

Interesting. This is a very strange situation. The OP had legitimate tracks from the score and posted them for free. So it doesn't feel like a scam. He hasn't posted in a while. Perhaps he is just busy? How much did he ask for them?

Considering the quality of the tracks... Well I was wondering. Years ago, I was given awesome quality copies of the scores for the Back to the Future sequels, which included alternate tracks, similar to the expanded albums Intrada, La La Land Records, Film Score Monthly, and Varese release. They were excellent copies, with great sound, as if they came right from the masters. I never, ever saw them on sites like FFShrine, which I found odd, but last year Intrada and Varese just released these for BTTF's 30th anniversary and I am almost 100% certain that source of those were from the work done for those specific albums. They had legit work done on them.

Is it possible that we could be seeing the TMNT scores get legit releases? They are right up LLL's alley, as they like to release superhero scores.

d_osborn
05-07-2016, 10:06 PM
... and they are AMAZING!)
Cool! I had meant to bid on those and the auctions completely slipped my mind. Any chance you'll be sharing scans?

Roseangelo
05-07-2016, 11:10 PM
Cool! I had meant to bid on those and the auctions completely slipped my mind. Any chance you'll be sharing scans?

I will only say probably, simply because my list of things I intend to do gets long and overwhelming and then I do none of it... but it is not my intention to hide them away.

sgtfbomb
05-08-2016, 06:28 PM
I will only say probably, simply because my list of things I intend to do gets long and overwhelming and then I do none of it... but it is not my intention to hide them away.

If the original poster comes through, would you share what was on those CDs?

TheSkeletonMan939
05-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Believe it or not, there is a whole underworld of people trading film scores back and forth between each other. Not the official soundtracks that you can buy, but the full files used by audio mixers/editors. These are highly sought-after by film music fans because OSTs often leave out a lot of good material, or will sometimes go so far as to present material completely different to what's in the film (anyone who wants the film version to ASM2's "Rest of My Life" knows what I'm talking about!)

It is indeed a shady business, and not just because it's kinda illegal. I have heard of people getting tricked, scammed, receiving fake files, and even being threatened for having certain things.

And I've heard from a couple people now who are 'in the know' that these two scores are being passed around. Coincidence?

The weird thing is that it's surprising for scores this old to suddenly pop up. Most stuff being traded are from rather recent films, since everything's digital now. But I think sgtfbomb is on to something; what's probably happened is that some record label is preparing to release these at some point and someone working on the mastering or something leaked them. And I bet the OP is a rather enterprising individual who received the files and is trying to get a few quick bucks for them.

sgtfbomb
05-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Granted, it took YEARS for those Back to the Future releases to finally show up. But that could have been some sort behind the scenes politics. Last year, La La Land implied that somebody (not them) was working on Ghostbusters 2, which is another one that hasn't received an official release (and the one circling the internet contains sound effects). That still hasn't popped up. I believe there was also a rumor that La La Land was considering a "Green Box" TMNT set, but that was probably just a rumor, speculation, or daydreaming.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Oh, something's happening at La-La Land, all right. (http://mail.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?pageID=2&forumID=1&threadID=93240&archive=0)

Maybe not in the near future, but they're certainly trying to get the permissions necessary.

sgtfbomb
05-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Oh, something's happening at La-La Land, all right. (http://mail.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?pageID=2&forumID=1&threadID=93240&archive=0)

Maybe not in the near future, but they're certainly trying to get the permissions necessary.

Whoah! Awesome! I really need to get back in the score collecting game.

d_osborn
05-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Sweet about the LaLaLand mention! Fingers crossed. Tristan was here asking about contact info for Du Prez a few months ago. Something about a project he's working on for a record label. All signs point to TMNT, but it sounded early, so who knows.

The weird thing is that it's surprising for scores this old to suddenly pop up.
Even more strange is the QUALITY of the posted SOTO score! When the Ghostbusters score first popped up around 2000, it was captured from an incredibly noisy, low-quality reel-to-reel copy. The SOTO score was primo quality. The poster even mentioned having lossless files. He told me the source, which I really don't want to post here, but it's odd, to say the least.

News to me on the Ghostbusters II official release! Do you have a link for the rumor? The last I heard, Sony was having trouble locating the master tapes, but a few snippets popped up on the GB2 Blu-ray.

Roseangelo
05-11-2016, 09:58 PM
So, my PayPal case is still in limbo. I think Mr. Shady has until the 20th to respond. And I'm guessing the account has been cleaned out, so there won't be any cash to recover to refund what I paid. Ehh... I took the risk, and I knew it was a risk.

Anyways, if anyone would like to help me cover the costs, I have a bunch of vintage greeting cards I'm trying to liquidate:

http://ninja-pizza.ecrater.com/c/1077781/greeting-cards

Shipping is included for US orders. Shipping for international orders is $1.15, but you'll have to contact me so I can send you a custom invoice. They're pretty neat collectibles on their own, or you could actually use them for their intended purpose.

pferreira
05-12-2016, 08:24 AM
News to me on the Ghostbusters II official release! Do you have a link for the rumor? The last I heard, Sony was having trouble locating the master tapes, but a few snippets popped up on the GB2 Blu-ray.Yeah I don't believe for a minute that Sony lost the score. As you say snippets of the score are heard on the GBII blu-ray doc, stuff I've never heard before. They have the score, just haven't released it yet.

d_osborn
05-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Yeah I don't believe for a minute that Sony lost the score. As you say snippets of the score are heard on the GBII blu-ray doc, stuff I've never heard before. They have the score, just haven't released it yet.
It's such a sub-par work compared to the original, but I'm dying to hear the score in it's original form! Fingers crossed with the GB merch train running full-steam ahead that we'll get an official release.

sgtfbomb
05-12-2016, 05:16 PM
It's such a sub-par work compared to the original, but I'm dying to hear the score in it's original form! Fingers crossed with the GB merch train running full-steam ahead that we'll get an official release.

La La Land posted it on FSM like a year or so ago. I will see if I can dig it up.

I actually enjoy the score. Elmer Bernstein did a better job, though I've always wondered if he sat the second film out because a lot of his score was replaced with songs.

Randy Edelman's score is more heartfelt and less spooky, which is probably one of the many reasons why the second film doesn't have the same tone as the original. But I love his main theme and that moment when they have the epiphany about the Statue of Liberty. I also love that bit when the doors of the firehouse open up and Louis is dressed as a Ghostbuster.

Both films also have a lot of deleted scenes that have yet to be released, just like the TMNT franchise. Actually, the same can be said about most of the franchises I love.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-12-2016, 06:35 PM
The most I could find regarding LLL and Ghostbusters was this (http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=2&threadID=86626&archive=0). The use of a meme makes his answer ambiguous to me. :lol:
(And look! At the bottom of the page I linked, someone correctly predicted the franchise would be rebooted! :P)

But MV Gerhard seems confident at least that the masters - or at least some form of the Ghostbusters 2 score - is attainable. He has a good track record, so I trust he knows what he's talking about. They were reported lost indeed at some point earlier, but I imagine they've been recovered by now.

But don't expect LLL to be the ones to release it. From Gerhard:

"As for Ghostbusters it's a bust for us. We tried our hardest though
Maybe someday they will come out"

pferreira
05-19-2016, 01:47 PM
It's such a sub-par work compared to the original, but I'm dying to hear the score in it's original form! Fingers crossed with the GB merch train running full-steam ahead that we'll get an official release.I really enjoy the score actually. Not perfect but pretty good for the tone of the film they were going for, less juvenile and more grown up like the movie.

sgtfbomb
05-21-2016, 02:27 PM
Nothing new from the OP on the other tracks from SOTO nor the TMNT 3 score and it's a safe bet that Roseangelo never got the CDs. It sucks that that someone might have tried to scam us, but at least we got some of the score out of it.

With MV's hint at FSM, I wonder if these scores may pop up as one of their Comic Con or Black Friday line ups.

massakre
05-21-2016, 08:42 PM
thanks man!

Roseangelo
05-21-2016, 10:17 PM
Nothing new from the OP on the other tracks from SOTO nor the TMNT 3 score and it's a safe bet that Roseangelo never got the CDs. It sucks that that someone might have tried to scam us, but at least we got some of the score out of it.

Affirmative on the negative.

d_osborn
05-22-2016, 11:13 AM
Affirmative on the negative.
You know, the seller mentioned having computer problems to me in a PM. It's possible that he could be just having issues.

If he was REALLY after money, he could have sold the free tracks he posted here on eBay for quite a bit more than he sold the original discs for.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-22-2016, 03:37 PM
OP was online only three days ago. He could easily have checked in with some sort of "I've sent the CDs, guys!" notice if he'd wanted.

d_osborn
05-22-2016, 04:56 PM
OP was online only three days ago. He could easily have checked in with some sort of "I've sent the CDs, guys!" notice if he'd wanted.
Well, there goes my theory out the window. :lol:

Krutch
06-17-2016, 09:50 AM
Came to check up on this... Guess it's a bust, huh?

Sorry, Roseangelo :ohwell:

TheSkeletonMan939
06-18-2016, 06:52 AM
Don't worry, guys. Sooner or later I'm sure LLL will announce a release for the trilogy.

sgtfbomb
06-21-2016, 09:24 PM
I am expecting at the very least the first film's score from LLL, but all three films would be awesome.

The-Shredder
09-13-2016, 08:57 AM
This has been on my mind for months. Any updates?

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2016, 06:47 PM
No... :tsad:
But our patience will pay off, I'm sure.

sgtfbomb
11-08-2016, 10:10 AM
This has been on my mind for months. Any updates?

Are we talking about the OP and his copies of these scores or La La Land Records possibly releasing the scores themselves? On the latter, for some reason, I have this pinned as one of their annual Comic Con or Black Friday releases.

If they are, in fact, doing it. However, I wouldn't see La La Land posting that they were meeting with John Du Prez on FSM in a Ninja Turtle score thread if they were either in the very early stages of doing it (i.e. don't have the rights yet) or if they were instead releasing Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

But these things can take a while. Sometimes they are held up by some sort of rights issue or simply trying to find the right materials to do it (for example, if they have to use another source if the masters are missing -- which I think happened with their expanded release of Batman) or even something as trivial as getting artwork approved.

d_osborn
11-08-2016, 01:14 PM
But these things can take a while. Sometimes they are held up by some sort of rights issue or simply trying to find the right materials to do it (for example, if they have to use another source if the masters are missing -- which I think happened with their expanded release of Batman) or even something as trivial as getting artwork approved.
Especially with the cluster frak like the early TMNT movie rights. It sounds like the DAT masters from TMNT2 have already been prepped, and the TMNT masters are analog-- no word if those have been transferred over yet. Fingers crossed for an official release. I would honestly be cool with a digital/CD release if it speeds up the process, but will buy vinyl regardless.

Vegita-San
11-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Hi TMNT fans. Been a big fan of the Ninja Turtles since I was a kid (in my 40's now). Always loved the scores for the original movies and was always a shame that commercial releases were never available of the scores. A few months ago I was able to obtain some of the scores and I would like to present one of them here for us fans to enjoy. This is not a fan rip with sfx or anything like that.

Hope you enjoy!

Download Score (https://mega.nz/#!C4FTjSoT!bCg85wAzOUtFLOJpI0iVF_v1rcjhUxc78p9IhLM Gukw)

http://i.imgur.com/8rITTQP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sl7GLbm.jpg

I've always wanted the full 'master say have fun, FUN' track. that was my favorite remastered theme.

now, if only we cna get the original series music out there 'leaked'. it's amazing how many of my favorite score musics have been gotten this way. from Thundercats to real ghostbusters and now turtles. as well as inspector gadget and he-man.

pferreira
11-10-2016, 08:48 AM
I've always wanted the full 'master say have fun, FUN' track. that was my favorite remastered theme.

now, if only we cna get the original series music out there 'leaked'. it's amazing how many of my favorite score musics have been gotten this way. from Thundercats to real ghostbusters and now turtles. as well as inspector gadget and he-man.Real Ghostbusters would be great as a soundtrack score. There's so much good stuff to that cartoon's music.

sgtfbomb
11-10-2016, 11:09 AM
it's amazing how many of my favorite score musics have been gotten this way. from Thundercats to real ghostbusters and now turtles. as well as inspector gadget and he-man.

The music from Real Ghostbusters has leaked? Man, I need to get back in it. My only real source for the leaked stuff is when I occasionally check FFShrine. But they are not the same as they used to be.

TheSkeletonMan939
11-16-2016, 03:40 PM
FFShrine has been more or less dormant in terms of leaks since March 2015... it's a long story.
LLL has two 4CD sets coming out this month - I suppose there's a chance one of them is Du Prez TMNT.

sgtfbomb
11-17-2016, 04:59 PM
LLL has two 4CD sets coming out this month - I suppose there's a chance one of them is Du Prez TMNT.

That would be awesome! I haven't paid too much attention, since score collecting can be pretty costly and I simply haven't been in the financial place to order from Intrada and LLL. The last one I ordered from either one of them was The Warriors, which I think was back in 2012/2013. I miss FSM's label, as well.

Are they just doing two 4 CD releases or are those simply 2 of the usual 4 Black Friday titles? Of course, I hope the quantities for a TMNT box set would be 3000 to 5000 and hopefully not 2000 or 1500.

TheSkeletonMan939
11-17-2016, 05:07 PM
Two 1-disc, two 4-disc, and one 2-disc.

One of the LLL heads said there were a good bit of 'holy grails' to be found in this Black Friday batch. I don't know about you, but TMNT 1990 is a holy grail of mine! :P We'll know for sure in ~10 days.

I think Real Ghostbusters is something LLL would like to do too. That might be speculation tho'.

sgtfbomb
11-18-2016, 11:34 AM
I'd consider TMNT to be holy grail releases. None of the first four films ever got official score releases apart just one or two tracks on each album.

I'd also these scores are very underrated and over-shadowed by the hip hop and early 90s dance-aerobic songs (though, I do like a few of the songs on each soundtrack). I remember when Kevin Munroe was on here doing a light Q&A for TMNT (2007) and I asked him about there possibly being some homages to the scores from the original trilogy and he said something like "Nah, none of that 90s hip-hop stuff." (Paraphrasing, of course) That was a little too dismissive for my tastes, but apparently what a lot of people remember from those films are Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer.

TheSkeletonMan939
11-18-2016, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I think it's fair to say most people will remember whatever pop songs/source cues are in a film more than the score itself. :tsad:

In Munroe's defense, TMNT 2007 was a very different beast from the 1990 film, so in a way I'm glad they didn't regress the picture's score for the sake of a musical homage that would go over the heads of most viewers. Badelt's score kicks ass as it is. Plus he was awesome enough to put the full score on his website.

If they really wanted to do a Du Prez reference though the best spot would have been when Mikey is skateboarding down the sewers. Would have been better than the garbage pop song they used in the end.

sgtfbomb
11-18-2016, 12:24 PM
If they really wanted to do a Du Prez reference though the best spot would have been when Mikey is skateboarding down the sewers. Would have been better than the garbage pop song they used in the end.

That was my biggest problem with the film. Well, one of them. The songs weren't very good and they were overlaid where score would have worked best. I think the only song that worked for me was "Black Betty."

I did like the score for the film.

Yeah, I think it's fair to say most people will remember whatever pop songs/source cues are in a film more than the score itself.

There a few exceptions. Back to the Future and Batman '89. Unfortunately, Elmer Bernstein's score for Ghostbusters fell victim to this, since people mostly remember Ray Parker Jr.'s song and not the eerie and awesome score for the film.

TheSkeletonMan939
11-19-2016, 07:20 AM
Ah crud, I just remembered something: one of the LLL guys said that there were no superhero scores in the Black Friday batch. Since I think the TMNT count as superheroes to most people, I guess we won't be seeing them this month.

pferreira
11-24-2016, 08:51 AM
I think Real Ghostbusters is something LLL would like to do too. That might be speculation tho'.I've asked in the past the various labels whether they'd release soundtrack to 'x' movie or TV show and they always tell me it's possible as long as enough people want it.

sgtfbomb
11-26-2016, 05:01 PM
Ah crud, I just remembered something: one of the LLL guys said that there were no superhero scores in the Black Friday batch. Since I think the TMNT count as superheroes to most people, I guess we won't be seeing them this month.

Yep. No Turtles this year. That Jurassic Park set does look tempting.

TheSkeletonMan939
11-27-2016, 04:11 PM
I've asked in the past the various labels whether they'd release soundtrack to 'x' movie or TV show and they always tell me it's possible as long as enough people want it.

Well, that's half-true. Labels can express interest in releasing something and try their damnedest to do it, but ultimately it's the decision of the studios (and who knows who else) as to whether that music actually sees the light of day.

There must be five or six companies with their hands in the pie when it comes to the Lord of the Rings complete recordings, for instance, which is why re-releases have been very slow to come.

pferreira
12-01-2016, 08:26 AM
Well, that's half-true. Labels can express interest in releasing something and try their damnedest to do it, but ultimately it's the decision of the studios (and who knows who else) as to whether that music actually sees the light of day.

There must be five or six companies with their hands in the pie when it comes to the Lord of the Rings complete recordings, for instance, which is why re-releases have been very slow to come.Yeah I guess. I can't believe I'm waiting for a score to be released for the 1980s movie Biggles yet the OST for Emmanuelle 4 is 'popular' enough to get a release.

sgtfbomb
12-04-2016, 10:32 AM
I've asked in the past the various labels whether they'd release soundtrack to 'x' movie or TV show and they always tell me it's possible as long as enough people want it.

Every time I or another person does that, there are a crowd of people whining and saying that we need to enjoy the scores they have released.

As an aside, I really want that Jurassic Park release, but I am waiting to get paid for the edit I just turned in. Meanwhile, all the JP fans have started pushing it. I am afraid it is going to get snatched up by people who simply want it to collect dust on their shelves. I seem to recall both Hook and 1941 selling out before I could get them. Same situation.

pferreira
12-08-2016, 08:11 AM
As an aside, I really want that Jurassic Park release, but I am waiting to get paid for the edit I just turned in. Meanwhile, all the JP fans have started pushing it. I am afraid it is going to get snatched up by people who simply want it to collect dust on their shelves. I seem to recall both Hook and 1941 selling out before I could get them. Same situation.I remember the score to WarGames selling pretty fast.

TheSkeletonMan939
12-08-2016, 08:38 AM
I wouldn't be too concerned about JP selling out anytime soon. LLL is usually pretty good at producing enough to go around (in this case, 5000 copies).

sgtfbomb
12-08-2016, 05:48 PM
I remember the score to WarGames selling pretty fast.

Strange. I remember picking that one up from Intrada much later than when it was released, as I had heard of them nor bought from them until they released James Horner's score for Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.

The strange thing about that WarGames release is that many of the cues actually have lyrics. An example of this is the track "History Lesson," which in the film is the cue where David is digging into Professor Falken's past. I guess these were intended as songs originally, but they wisely opted for the instrumentals. Unfortunately, the film versions weren't included, but I highly doubt this will be the last WarGames release.

Space Camp sold out fast. I was lucky to get it. But, man, I had to basically plan my schedule around those releases, which is why I eventually got exhausted because it could be a hassle sometimes.

But what is awesome about Intrada is that they are now able to extend quantities. So if people keep buying them, they can press some more. Of course, when they announced this, some were irked because not having that "special number" on the back of those CDs made their collection "less valuable," which is why I hate collectors. They care more about the allure of having it, not the music itself.

pferreira
12-15-2016, 07:53 AM
The strange thing about that WarGames release is that many of the cues actually have lyrics. An example of this is the track "History Lesson," which in the film is the cue where David is digging into Professor Falken's past. I guess these were intended as songs originally, but they wisely opted for the instrumentals. Unfortunately, the film versions weren't included, but I highly doubt this will be the last WarGames release. That is correct. The intention was always for the song to have lyrics but it was decided by the director to go instrumental. The reason the film version wasn't included according to Intrada is that they had limited space and decided to include the complete version with the instrumental music and lyrics together as one.

Bebop87
12-19-2016, 03:08 AM
I love soundtracks too, just got the tmnt 1990 movie soundtrack on vinyl and it sounds great!

Sabacooza
12-19-2016, 05:28 AM
I love soundtracks too, just got the tmnt 1990 movie soundtrack on vinyl and it sounds great!Is this the orchestra soundtrack and if so, where did you get it?

Powder
12-19-2016, 06:08 AM
He said soundtrack, so I'm sure he's referring to the collection of songs by artsts like Hi-Tek. The score has not been released.

Sabacooza
12-19-2016, 06:38 AM
That's a bummer. I hope it gets released in the near future.

pferreira
12-22-2016, 10:24 AM
He said soundtrack, so I'm sure he's referring to the collection of songs by artsts like Hi-Tek. The score has not been released.Yeah the soundtrack had a bit of the score but it was overlaid with soundbites from the movie.

sgtfbomb
12-24-2016, 08:09 PM
Except for The Shredder Suite, which features the bit at the beginning, Shredder's entrance, and what I call the "it just got real" cue, which plays when the apartment catches on fire and when they are fighting Shredder.

Skywarp82
01-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Just came over this holy grail of mine and thank you for sharing it with us.. Any chance of releasing the whole TMNT2 score and the 3rd one?

Again, thank you!:tgrin:

sgtfbomb
01-05-2017, 04:16 PM
Just came over this holy grail of mine and thank you for sharing it with us.. Any chance of releasing the whole TMNT2 score and the 3rd one?

Again, thank you!:tgrin:

The OP hasn't been back since he posted these. At least one person tried to acquire a copy of his tapes, but last we heard, they never turned up. It is speculated that this may be a leak from a future CD release from possibly La La Land Records, but that is just educated conjecture at this point. M

Skywarp82
01-06-2017, 03:00 AM
Wow.. So awesome.. Thanks alot man.. Please release the 3rd score and the rest of the 2nd if you can..

I'll be doing some custom front covers for people who wants them..

Skywarp82
01-06-2017, 03:03 AM
The OP hasn't been back since he posted these. At least one person tried to acquire a copy of his tapes, but last we heard, they never turned up. It is speculated that this may be a leak from a future CD release from possibly La La Land Records, but that is just educated conjecture at this point. M

I'm hoping La La are relasing it.. I mentioned this to Varese Sarabrande and they said, great suggestion, but everytime i write them it feels like it's a robot who answers...

TheSkeletonMan939
01-06-2017, 06:37 AM
I'm hoping La La are relasing it.. I mentioned this to Varese Sarabrande and they said, great suggestion, but everytime i write them it feels like it's a robot who answers...

It probably is, or it's their form response to requests because they can't confirm or deny anything.
Varese Sarabande is more often than not in the business of producing soundtracks to newer films (as in, just came out in theaters) than older ones.

But La-La Land is most assuredly on the job, I'd expect a release either this year or 2018.

Spitfire
01-06-2017, 07:55 AM
Well they did a vinyl of the original soundtrack in Spain apparently.
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/mbIAAOSwZ8ZXCOSZ/s-l1600.jpg

Pretty nifty. I wonder if Mondo will ever do a release of the scores for the first two films. Seems like something that is right up their alley.

Skywarp82
01-06-2017, 03:44 PM
I talked to La La Land and they said "we would love to some day" I've also been in touch with John's agent regarding the scores. Thought i talk to Mondo and Waxwork record about this as well.

sgtfbomb
01-06-2017, 09:36 PM
These things take years. LLL implied in a Turtle Box Set thread on FSM that they were meeting with John Du Prez. It could've been for another score, but why that thread? "They would love to someday" doesn't necessarily mean they aren't trying nor that they aren't working on it. It could just be a safe answer, as the project is a ways off or in the early stages or in the early stages before the early stages: rights, deals, all that red tape. Or it fell through. Maybe someone else nabbed it.

This is more up LLL's alley, but that doesn't necessarily rule out Intrada, which might be nice since they have the ability to press more discs if they sell out. I, for some reason, can't imagine Varese picking this up. If I had to bet, it will be LLL.

d_osborn
01-06-2017, 10:13 PM
I've picked up vinyl pressings of both movie OSTs. They've both gotten a bit costly over the past few years. I've been pondering going after the 12" singles next!

I wonder if Mondo will ever do a release of the scores for the first two films. Seems like something that is right up their alley.
I'm really hoping Mondo gets it as a vinyl pressing with FLAC digital download. I would love to see what they would do with the jacket design. They've put out some gorgeous soundtrack covers over the years.

...and work out the rights to include the Blue Danube track from Malcolm McLaren!

TheSkeletonMan939
01-07-2017, 08:00 AM
It could just be a safe answer, as the project is a ways off or in the early stages or in the early stages before the early stages: rights, deals, all that red tape. Or it fell through. Maybe someone else nabbed it.

This. It's never a good idea to advertise a release openly until the final signature has been made.
This past year they released Ferris Beuller's Day Off, which I believe took no less than FIVE YEARS to produce. Not because it was a very taxing project and it actually took that long to make, but because guys in suits kept it in limbo for a long time. It's just part of the business, and it's one of the most frustrating aspects of it.

RaphaelinSTL
01-11-2017, 09:30 AM
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/mbIAAOSwZ8ZXCOSZ/s-l1600.jpg

Pretty nifty. I wonder if Mondo will ever do a release of the scores for the first two films. Seems like something that is right up their alley.

Man, I've been begging and pleading with Mondo to release the score to the first film. It's completely up their alley for sure, but I wonder if there's some legal reasons why they can't pursue it? Either way, I'd be dying to get my hands on that. I own the vinyl version they released of the soundtrack to The Greasy Strangler and I love it.

Oh and I own the original 1990 soundtrack on vinyl as well!

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/11393194_10152796966932665_1038691831072431051_n.j pg?oh=24a37a953eaf9314fc7c5af9fa7428e9&oe=591CC756

I was hoping to pick up the soundtrack to SOTO on vinyl as well, but some of the prices on Discogs are a little nuts for such used copies.

sgtfbomb
01-11-2017, 09:56 AM
Mondo does special Vinyl re-issues of scores that already have been released, either in CD form from a label or digital only. For example, the Back to the Future scores they put out were originally released by Intrada and Varese. And going through their list, that is true of most of everything I have seen so far. Inside Out. Luke Cage. Black Sunday. Phantasm. Planet of the Apes. Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan. It'd be cool if they released it, though I'd much prefer LLL.

d_osborn
01-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Mondo does special Vinyl re-issues of scores that already have been released, either in CD form from a label or digital only. For example, the Back to the Future scores they put out were originally released by Intrada and Varese. And going through their list, that is true of most of everything I have seen so far. Inside Out. Luke Cage. Black Sunday. Phantasm. Planet of the Apes. Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan. It'd be cool if they released it, though I'd much prefer LLL.
They also do unreleased and older independent stuff, which is right in our targets. With the care and love Mondo has shown the TMNT property going back to their early poster prints based on the 1990 movie, I'm really hoping they get the license. They would knock the cover art out of the park.

Whoever (hopefully) releases it, just please, please, PLEASE don't use the one-sheet poster art.

Man, I've been begging and pleading with Mondo to release the score to the first film. It's completely up their alley for sure, but I wonder if there's some legal reasons why they can't pursue it?
Being an older independent movie from a large corporate franchise, the rights are apparently a bit convoluted. Hopefully they get this stuff sorted-- they're all leaving money on the table. New merch from the movie popping up is a good sign, though.

As for SOTO, decently priced copies pop up on eBay and Discogs from time to time. Just keep your eyes open. Mine is the European pressing, I believe-- sounds fantastic! :)

RaphaelinSTL
01-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Being an older independent movie from a large corporate franchise, the rights are apparently a bit convoluted. Hopefully they get this stuff sorted-- they're all leaving money on the table. New merch from the movie popping up is a good sign, though.

As for SOTO, decently priced copies pop up on eBay and Discogs from time to time. Just keep your eyes open. Mine is the European pressing, I believe-- sounds fantastic! :)

Nice!! I'll be on the look out!

sgtfbomb
01-11-2017, 07:15 PM
Whoever (hopefully) releases it, just please, please, PLEASE don't use the one-sheet poster art.

What's wrong with the one sheet? I love that image.

d_osborn
01-11-2017, 09:41 PM
The original OSTs already used the one sheet designs. It'll bug the hell out of me. :lol: I LOVE the image! I had an original one sheet in my office for years.

There are so many other cooler options that haven't already been used. We're in a golden age of cool album art on niche geek releases. TMNT deserves something fun.

Maybe something illustrated... a Struzan-esque painting of the "We're going back" shot could be cool. An original concept illustration from the movie-- there was a neat concept of Mikey in the sewer phone booth ordering pizza that was distributed amongst the crew in early drafts of the script. That would be REALLY cool. Maybe even a artful black and white unit photo from the production. That side shot of Leo meditating in the woods in black and white on the cover would be gorgeous.

pferreira
01-12-2017, 08:25 AM
Maybe something illustrated... a Struzan-esque painting of the "We're going back" shot could be cool. An original concept illustration from the movie-- there was a neat concept of Mikey in the sewer phone booth ordering pizza that was distributed amongst the crew in early drafts of the script. That would be REALLY cool. Maybe even a artful black and white unit photo from the production. That side shot of Leo meditating in the woods in black and white on the cover would be gorgeous.They'll go with the original poster as they do with every re-released soundtrack. I think the best bet is La-La-Land although they never really talk to me when I make a request. I only hope if they get as far as a score for the third film they don't use the subtitle "Turtles in Time" as that's totally wrong.

sgtfbomb
01-12-2017, 09:03 AM
They'll go with the original poster as they do with every re-released soundtrack. I think the best bet is La-La-Land although they never really talk to me when I make a request. I only hope if they get as far as a score for the third film they don't use the subtitle "Turtles in Time" as that's totally wrong.

I think it will be LLL, as well. The quote given doesn't really deny it and they have stated in a Turtle Box Set thread on FSM that they were about to meet with John Du Prez. I doubt they would hint at it on a TMNT related thread if they were meeting with him to do one of his other scores.

Of course, there might be a setback, like rights issues or maybe masters. I wouldn't be surprised if the masters for the first score needed cleaned up. Plus, that quote was from last year sometime, so they could be in the early stages. Very early stages. If they were doing it, it could still be years before we see it.

d_osborn
01-12-2017, 10:03 AM
They'll go with the original poster as they do with every re-released soundtrack.
It's not a re-released soundtrack. :) I could 100% see them using the poster art on a CD release, but good lord that would be lazy for vinyl.

The dude that leaked the SOTO score mentioned the master tapes from TMNT90 being analog and not having been captured yet at WB. Of course, the SOTO material was sourced from a post-production trailer facility, not any sort of label, licensing, or studio. Personally, I would rather keep a complete analog chain for the vinyl than a digital transfer, but I double TMNT would garner than type of care from the label.

I'm at the point now where I'll believe it when I see it, but it's fun to think about. The Ghostbusters II score was supposed to be released years ago, yet here we are.

TheSkeletonMan939
01-12-2017, 01:05 PM
Of course, the SOTO material was sourced from a post-production trailer facility, not any sort of label, licensing, or studio.

Where did you find this out? I was under the assumption that this SOTO rip was from studio archives, and that the 1990 film was simply deeper in the salt mines.

d_osborn
01-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Where did you find this out? I was under the assumption that this SOTO rip was from studio archives, and that the 1990 film was simply deeper in the salt mines.
The leaked SOTO files were from DAT tapes available to a department at WB that handles trailer post-production-- very easy to access and pull material. They also have the 1990 score masters, but it's all older analog tapes, requiring a little more effort in pulling the material than just copying over files.

This all comes from the guy that leaked the SOTO files.

sgtfbomb
01-12-2017, 06:53 PM
The leaked SOTO files were from DAT tapes available to a department at WB that handles trailer post-production-- very easy to access and pull material. They also have the 1990 score masters, but it's all older analog tapes, requiring a little more effort in pulling the material than just copying over files.

This all comes from the guy that leaked the SOTO files.

Well snap.. Did he tell you that in a private message? Here, he just says he can't tell us how he got them, but a friend in the industry helped him.

Man, I wish the guy came through with sending them to one of us. Last I heard, it didn't arrive.

pferreira
01-19-2017, 08:08 AM

This all comes from the guy that leaked the SOTO files.If the source files for the 1990 soundtrack were on a more difficult to convert format it might explain why he never leaked it.

NYShell
01-19-2017, 05:02 PM
Thank you so much for this! This is such a great find! You're awesome! I don't really use this forum anymore, so to come back and see one of you guys bringing this to our little community is amazing.

I so agree with everyone here. You brought an amazing gift onto this forum. And if there's anything you can do to get that first movie score, you'd be the hero of this forum.

And! To be totally honest here..I would totally chip in, if that would be neccesary to get the movie 1 score! And I guess I'm not the only one.
__

You are awesome and looking forward to the movie 3 and (maybe) the full movie 2 score (been listening to it all day)!

I agree! I've been wanting the movie 1 score for years!

sgtfbomb
01-19-2017, 06:16 PM
If the source files for the 1990 soundtrack were on a more difficult to convert format it might explain why he never leaked it.

But why didn't he look all of SotO files? Or even the third film's, which he said he has? And he scammed at least one of our members into paying for the files, which were never delivered, last we heard. And he hasn't came back in to state his case.

Sabacooza
01-19-2017, 06:19 PM
It's sad. This guy could've been the real hero in all this. Instead, he opted to be the villain...Well, so half. At least we got the SotO score out of it.

sgtfbomb
01-19-2017, 06:31 PM
It's sad. This guy could've been the real hero in all this. Instead, he opted to be the villain...Well, so half. At least we got the SotO score out of it.

Yeah, it's nice to hear part of it. Though my favorite cue is missing from the junkyard fight. But we did get "A New Home" out of it.

Part of me wishes he'd come back on and say "Hey my computer was broke, here's the rest of it!" But that's just wishful thinking.

By the way, it's nice to have a current thread where the people posting aren't nitpicking the classic movie to death nor acting like it's an old pair of favorite jeans that has to be replaced...

d_osborn
01-20-2017, 09:32 AM
It really is strange. He was incredibly cool sharing what he did, but then he went completely off the grid. He probably could have made a ton of cash selling a few copies on eBay beforehand. Hopefully Roseangelo got her money back on the deal. He tried to get me to buy the discs for a few hundred bucks.

sgtfbomb
01-20-2017, 09:59 PM
He tried to get me to buy the discs for a few hundred bucks.

Whoah! That has shady written all over it.

Sabacooza
01-20-2017, 10:41 PM
Maybe a dumb idea but could a talented composer recreate the tracks from scratch? I saw a guy's video on YouTube where he recreated the campfire scene music score. It sounded very synthesized but it was a nice attempt.

d_osborn
01-21-2017, 02:04 AM
I went back and looked at the PMs, I was mixed up. Apologies! My memory sucks. He paid a pretty good chunk for the material, though-- $250. He wanted me to make an offer. This was the same time that Roseangelo bought the CD. He mentioned making duplicates, as well.

Ordinarily I wouldn't just go posting something that someone sent in a PM, but in this case, he ripped off one of the Dromers. Not cool! Here's the full track list. I'm pretty sure he said he did the cover design. Not sure about the track names.

http://i.imgur.com/dV43pjT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4nPrsEU.jpg

Maybe a dumb idea but could a talented composer recreate the tracks from scratch? I saw a guy's video on YouTube where he recreated the campfire scene music score. It sounded very synthesized but it was a nice attempt.
Oh, the music could totally be covered and recorded, but eh-- I'm hoping for the real deal.

sgtfbomb
01-21-2017, 07:59 AM
"A Way Out" is probably the track I am looking for. If I remember correctly, it starts off with the "New Home" motif then transcends into a really lively action cue when Raph says something like "Step up to the bar, boys!"

Sabacooza
01-21-2017, 09:48 AM
Man, this is so depressing knowing that we could've got the music score from the 3rd movie and all the other tracks we missed from SotO. Why do people wave this **** in your face only to never release it? I'll never understand it. They probably get off on doing that kind of stuff.

TheSkeletonMan939
01-21-2017, 09:52 AM
One possibility is that this guy did intend to give the scores to anyone who paid.
But then he realized that
a) One person would end up buying it and sharing it for free with everyone else
b) He might get in trouble with his "superior" (i.e. the person who gave him the score in the first place)

As I said before... there are a lot of film music diehards who do all sorts of sneaky sh!t for money and music.

Sabacooza
01-21-2017, 10:07 AM
That's probably what happened. Still, I hope we get all this stuff soon.

MathUser
01-21-2017, 12:11 PM
Finally, I can listen to the iconic intro track. Thanks for upping this.

pferreira
01-26-2017, 11:19 AM
But why didn't he look all of SotO files? Or even the third film's, which he said he has? Yeah that's annoying. I wonder if he'll put the rest of the music up for sale. Stupid though just to leak a bit of music.

"A Way Out" is probably the track I am looking for. If I remember correctly, it starts off with the "New Home" motif then transcends into a really lively action cue when Raph says something like "Step up to the bar, boys!"That's my favourite bit of music too! It ends with Tokka or Rahzar jumping into the manhole with Mike tickling his feet.

at478
03-28-2017, 03:13 PM
i just spoke to varese today and told them they should release the scores to tmnt 1-3 by john du prez and they told me great suggestion we'll pass it along and let you know when we release them.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-28-2017, 03:26 PM
That's what they feel obligated to say to everyone who has a "suggestion".

at478
03-28-2017, 03:28 PM
yep unfortunately it feels like a robot :(

sgtfbomb
03-28-2017, 09:50 PM
For me, La La Land delivers. They give decent quantities for these releases. I feel like with Varese, these would be limited to 1500 or 2000. LLL would most likely give them a reasonable 3000. Intrada would probably low ball it, but they have a deal where they can press more if it sells out, which angered a lot of collector types because "snarf snarf, the little number on the back means nothing now." That's why I can't stand collector types. They care about what it looks like on the shelf and its monetary value. Forget that. I just want the music, man.

at478
03-29-2017, 07:08 AM
soon my friend hopefully soon

pferreira
03-30-2017, 09:00 AM
That's what they feel obligated to say to everyone who has a "suggestion".Not necessarily, if I'm lucky La-La-Land come back to me with "I don't see why not if enough people want it".

sgtfbomb
03-30-2017, 06:59 PM
Not necessarily, if I'm lucky La-La-Land come back to me with "I don't see why not if enough people want it".

La La Land is a little more down to earth with its fanbase. Intraday as well, to a degree. Varese has been in the soundtrack game for a very long time. They are somewhat casual on their Facebook page sometimes, but with suggestions, they still give you the blandly written blanket answers that sound like they come from robots.

d_osborn
03-31-2017, 09:16 AM
4-LP vinyl release, FLAC file download, original unit photography for the jacket-- MAKE IT SO!!!!

TheSkeletonMan939
03-31-2017, 10:28 AM
Not necessarily, if I'm lucky La-La-Land come back to me with "I don't see why not if enough people want it".

The question is, "DO enough people want it?" Very hard to gauge sometimes. Every project is a gamble unless it's something like John Williams.

pferreira
04-06-2017, 08:33 AM
The question is, "DO enough people want it?" Very hard to gauge sometimes. Every project is a gamble unless it's something like John Williams.I do wonder if they take onboard my suggestions. You have a cool soundtrack for the film Biggles that could be released yet a more obscure film Emmanuelle 4 gets a soundtrack release. :o

sgtfbomb
04-06-2017, 10:11 AM
I think often enough the suggestions are scores they want to do, as well. Particularly, LLL. I'm sure they want to do TMNT. They've even hinted at meeting with Du Prez once in a TMNT thread at FSM's message boards.

Also, it takes a while for these things to get made. I remember hearing of one release, forgot what it was, taking 8 years to finally get out there.

There's also setbacks behind these things, as well. Sometimes rights. Sometimes missing masters. Sometimes something as mundane as cover art approval.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-06-2017, 10:19 AM
Also, it takes a while for these things to get made. I remember hearing of one release, forgot what it was, taking 8 years to finally get out there.

Perhaps you're thinking of Ferris Bueller? That one went through a lot of twists and turns. Definitely worth it for the label though - it quickly became one of their best-selling projects. As you mentioned, the delays for it came from boring parts, like trying to get people to sign off on stuff and getting legal clearance for releasing certain songs.

TristanHuwJones
08-24-2017, 08:33 AM
Good things come to those who wait... ;)

RaphaelinSTL
08-24-2017, 09:17 AM
Good things come to those who wait... ;)

Oh???? :teek::teek::teek::teek:

Krutch
08-24-2017, 09:41 AM
Sounds ominously promising!

pferreira
08-24-2017, 10:35 AM
Good things come to those who wait... ;)This could be interesting... ;)

d_osborn
08-24-2017, 01:25 PM
Woooo hooooooooooo!!!!

sgtfbomb
08-24-2017, 02:29 PM
Could it perhaps be one of LLL's Black Friday titles?

The-Shredder
08-24-2017, 07:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1fTUisE.jpg

SS Kakarot
08-28-2017, 02:38 PM
It would be so awesome if La La Land released CD's for the first three movies! :D

I would not mind a CD release for the 2014 movie and OOTS either! :)

pferreira
08-31-2017, 11:28 AM
It would be so awesome if La La Land released CD's for the first three movies! :DI'm there if they do that. Watched recently Monty Python's Meaning of Life and John Du Prez did great stuff.

RaphaelinSTL
08-31-2017, 11:57 AM
It would be so awesome if La La Land released CD's for the first three movies!

Hell .... gimme a vinyl too!

d_osborn
08-31-2017, 07:42 PM
Hell .... gimme a vinyl too!
Vinyl pressing with a FLAC or 320 download! PLEAAASSSEEE!!!!!

...and while they're at it, a vinyl pressing of the vintage video game music with my avatar as the cover art.

RaphaelinSTL
09-01-2017, 08:10 AM
Vinyl pressing with a FLAC or 320 download! PLEAAASSSEEE!!!!!

...and while they're at it, a vinyl pressing of the vintage video game music with my avatar as the cover art.

My god ... that would incredible.

sgtfbomb
09-01-2017, 02:28 PM
Vinyl would be cool, but it's not very practical for me. I don't own a record player, so an LP would just be something cool to look at. Heck, soundtracks are the only albums I still buy in CD format. I've mostly moved on from physical copies regarding music. I'd do the same with video games, books, and movies if it were as practical for me.

d_osborn
09-01-2017, 03:45 PM
Mondo has been doing a ton of TMNT stuff lately, and they just so happen to also do vinyl pressings of vintage soundtracks. Tristan has been hinting at doing the art, and I really doubt an artist would be commissioned for just a CD release.

Hell, give it to us on cassette tape! I'm open for any release of the score at this point! :lol:

sgtfbomb
09-02-2017, 09:15 AM
It's just that we've been waiting for these scores for so long, they've never been released officially apart from a track here and there. I'd hate for them not to be released on CD. These releases don't usually end up on iTunes, so CDs are still the most accessible releases for these things. From what I've seen of Mondo, they do not do CDs. Just 2xLP releases.

Another thing is, on their website, I'm not seeing any reference to limited quantities. I feel like LLL would press 3000, which is another reason I want them to do it. And do all of Mondo's LP releases include digital downloads? I can't seem to find any reference to this on any of the vinyl listed on their site.

RaphaelinSTL
09-02-2017, 11:18 AM
As a vinyl junkie ... obviously my heart would go to getting this sucker on a 3xLP of the original trilogy. Most people these days (if they purchase physical) tend to lean towards owning the vinyl version of something, especially when you look at things like Sonic Mania's soundtrack.

A CD version would be cool ( as I actually own the score for Tommy Wiseau's "The Room" on CD ... haha) but getting a proper vinyl release of that TMNT score is a dream come true. Certainly it'd come with a download of it too.

My ideal option is MONDO since they do some AWESOME artwork, packaging and color variations ( I own their soundtrack release for "The Greasy Strangler") but anyone that puts this out is awesome in my book.

Also - to answer your question ... I feel like my Greasy Strangler soundtrack did some with a digital download, but I might be wrong.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-02-2017, 02:11 PM
Most people these days (if they purchase physical) tend to lean towards owning the vinyl version of something

Source? That seems really unlikely to me; vinyl is doing unusually well but I can hardly imagine an album (film score or not) on vinyl selling better than its CD counterpart.

RaphaelinSTL
09-02-2017, 02:18 PM
Source? That seems really unlikely to me; vinyl is doing unusually well but I can hardly imagine an album (film score or not) on vinyl selling better than its CD counterpart.

I remember this from 2015 (http://uproxx.com/music/vinyl-sales-rise-2015/) - but I know that vinyl sales are still on the rise for 2017. (https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jan/03/record-sales-vinyl-hits-25-year-high-and-outstrips-streaming)

I mean ... maybe something like Taylor Swift's newest album might have more CD sales compared to vinyl, but generally I've seen the shift in popular music favor more towards wax.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-02-2017, 04:02 PM
I didn't see anything in those articles explicitly saying that vinyl records are flat-out outselling CDs. It could be a situation where, in 2015, you sell 1 record for every 10 CDs, but in 2016, 2 records for every 5 CDs. Sales are increasing and decreasing respectively in that scenario, but CDs are still the better-selling format.

There was an "incident" a year ago though wherein a Bernard Herrmann score - Twisted Nerve - was released on vinyl only. Well actually it was a vinyl/CD/digital download set all in one package, which everyone thought was ridiculous. I don't know how well the release did, but it gave the company - Stylotone - a bit of a bad rep in the film score community. People here are die-hard turtle fans and if the music is released on some weird format, they'll buy it. Other people won't. Film score geeks are very comfortable with CDs and even digital downloads, but in a time where complete scores are released every single month on 2+CD sets, I don't think many want to return to vinyl.

Now granted there are some scores that do well on vinyl. LLL, Intrada, and even Varese have tried their luck and I think it's generally paid off, provided they choose the titles carefully. I think Star Trek: The Motion Picture on vinyl was a knockout for LLL, for instance.

d_osborn
09-02-2017, 11:58 PM
I didn't see anything in those articles explicitly saying that vinyl records are flat-out outselling CDs. It could be a situation where, in 2015, you sell 1 record for every 10 CDs, but in 2016, 2 records for every 5 CDs. Sales are increasing and decreasing respectively in that scenario, but CDs are still the better-selling format.

There was an "incident" a year ago though wherein a Bernard Herrmann score - Twisted Nerve - was released on vinyl only. Well actually it was a vinyl/CD/digital download set all in one package, which everyone thought was ridiculous. I don't know how well the release did, but it gave the company - Stylotone - a bit of a bad rep in the film score community. People here are die-hard turtle fans and if the music is released on some weird format, they'll buy it. Other people won't. Film score geeks are very comfortable with CDs and even digital downloads, but in a time where complete scores are released every single month on 2+CD sets, I don't think many want to return to vinyl.

Now granted there are some scores that do well on vinyl. LLL, Intrada, and even Varese have tried their luck and I think it's generally paid off, provided they choose the titles carefully. I think Star Trek: The Motion Picture on vinyl was a knockout for LLL, for instance.
A TMNT score will be going after a far different audience than Bernard Herman.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-03-2017, 06:50 AM
I know, but a release like this can't be expected to capture the interests of TMNT fans alone. And if they want to make a profit, or at least make up for cost of production, they'll almost certainly want to branch out beyond only our fandom. I was just thinking of the last time a "vinyl-only" release happened for a score (which isn't even that well-known) and the reaction to it from the film score aficiandos. I'm saying this from the perspective of "a TMNT score release is probably expensive".

d_osborn
09-03-2017, 01:16 PM
Current TMNT licensee Mondo seems to do very well with vinyl pressings of extremely niche movie scores.

https://mondotees.com/collections/music

TheSkeletonMan939
09-03-2017, 01:47 PM
Those all look like the same program you'd find on CD, except on vinyl; those have less hurdles to jump. They're reissues. I think only one track from the whole TMNT score has ever been officially released, but even this might require a need to negotiate with Geffen Records for its use (unless that track was a suite or something) before moving on to acquiring the other legal necessities.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be a party pooper or anything, just making conversation about the viability of "special presentations" of film scores on vinyl.

d_osborn
09-03-2017, 06:18 PM
I think there's a huge viability in special releases of movie scores on vinyl. See above. :D The market seems to be doing very well. Gorgeous jacket art, to boot. Just because it's released on vinyl doesn't mean there won't be a CD release.

Time will tell! :D I'm buying either way, but I would prefer vinyl.

at478
09-05-2017, 08:07 PM
someone named andy sent this to me in a private message
Hi,

I'm trading the sessions for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 and 3 by John du Prez, because they are not allowed to be shared here.

John du Prez:
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2
45 tracks - 51 min
true recording sessions
completely unreleased

John du Prez:
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 3
43 tracks - 67 min
true recording sessions
completely unreleased

Drop me a line if you are interested. Jack be quick, as I'll only be here tonight!

Leonardo87
09-06-2017, 02:47 AM
someone named andy sent this to me in a private message
Hi,

I'm trading the sessions for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 and 3 by John du Prez, because they are not allowed to be shared here.

John du Prez:
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2
45 tracks - 51 min
true recording sessions
completely unreleased

John du Prez:
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 3
43 tracks - 67 min
true recording sessions
completely unreleased

Drop me a line if you are interested. Jack be quick, as I'll only be here tonight!

It's a scam. Don't buy into it. Just wait until it's officially released when it does.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-06-2017, 05:54 AM
'Andy' is a scalper who gets the bootlegs that all the normal traders have and tries to re-sell them to people who don't waste their time with that. He does this on other websites too and it's pretty annoying.

at478
09-06-2017, 06:16 AM
thx for the heads up. i knew it would be a scam. if i didnt have anything to trade, he wanted me to give give him $50 bucks for both scores through paypal. that's shady.

sgtfbomb
09-06-2017, 05:11 PM
'Andy' is a scalper who gets the bootlegs that all the normal traders have and tries to re-sell them to people who don't waste their time with that. He does this on other websites too and it's pretty annoying.

I got two messages from the guy on another forum. So this person's also bugging people here?

at478
09-06-2017, 05:43 PM
no this is from ffshrine sgft

pferreira
09-07-2017, 12:39 PM
Vinyl would be cool, but it's not very practical for me. I don't own a record player, so an LP would just be something cool to look at. Heck, soundtracks are the only albums I still buy in CD format. i tend to find whenever a video game soundtrack is released on vinyl someone buys it, doesn't have a record player and so just leaves it as a collector's item gathering dust. With CD soundtracks at least you feel tempted to actually use them.

TheSkeletonMan939
10-08-2017, 12:23 PM
Well, something finally leaked over at a certain website...

TMNT II

1m1 Opening
1m2 Keno Interrupts Robbery
1m2 Turtles Arrive
1m3 Main Titles
2m1 Turtles Disappear
2m2 Aprils Apartment
2m4-5 Junkyard
2m6 Shredders Revenge
2m7 Splinter Sees the News
3m1 Mutant Dandelions
3m2 New Mission
3m3 Splinters Decision
3m3Alt Splinters Decision
3m5-6 Ooze Football
4m1 Keno Finds the Boys
4m2 New Recruit
4m3-4 Professors Protest
4m5 New Home
4m6 Shredder Grows Impatient
5m1 Mutants Revealed
5m2 Professor Pleads
5m3 Keno and Ralph
5m4 Keno's Test
6m1-2 Escape from Junkyard
6m3 Junkyard Ambush
6m4 Junkyard Fight
6m5 A Way Out
6m6 This Little Tokka
7m3 Meet Your Maker
7m5 Donatello's Troubles
7m6 Teeth and Claws
8m1 Shredders Message
8m2 Weird Science
8m3 Mickey's Idea
8m4 Warehouse Ambush
8m5 Tokka and Rahzar
9m1 Keno and Splinter
9m2 Pt. 2 Guitar Shredder
9m2 Shredder Crashes the Party
9m4 Cowabunga
9m5 Super Shredder
10m1 Dock Aftermath
10m2 Boys Return Home
10m2Alt Boys Return Home
Bells and Timpani Roll

TMNT III
1m1 Prologue
1m3 April Brings Gifts - The Sceptre
1m4-2m1 Walker Arrives at Norinaga Castle - A Present from the Past
2m2 Out Cold
2m3 April & The Guards
2m4-2m5 Some Sort of Witch
2m7a She Has No Power
2m7b I Want Her To Suffer
2m8 Heavy Artillery
3m1 April Caged
3m3 Turtles Back In Time
3m4 ''We're In Shogun''
3m5 Michaelangelo Taken - Back to the Future
3m6 Turtles at Norinaga Castle
4m1 The Three Stooges
4m2 Prison Breakout
4m2a Mud Bath
4m5 Serenity
4m6 Ambush
4m7 Good News
5m1-5m1a Burning the Village
5m2 Rescuing Yoshi
6m1 Guns for Gold
6m2 Lighthorse'turtle'
6m3 April Showers
6m4 Kenshin's Demands
6m5 Hockey Match
6m6 Running Out Of Time
6m7-6m8 Yoshi Plays - Firing Range
7m2 Cultural Exchange
7m3 The Deal is Signed
7m4 Butter Fingers
7m5 Sceptre Found
7m6-8m1 Mitsu and the Sceptre Taken
8m2 Getting Totally Vertical
8m3-8m4 Ancient Us - Good Job Us
9m1-9m2 Fight at Norinaga
9m3-9m4-9m4a Leonardo's Bluff
9m5-9m5a Walker's End
10m2 Kenshin Activates the Sceptre
10m4 Destiny, What A Drag
10m5-10m6 History Restored
10m7 Yo, Dude!I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link here or even talk about it, given the dubious legality of it. Just, er, PM me with any questions.

sgtfbomb
10-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Looking at that site, they're listing it as "recording sessions." Is that accurate? I believe SOTO isn't technically complete. IIRC "A Way Out" should have included the "Step up to the bar boys!" bit. Unless it appears somewhere else?

TheSkeletonMan939
10-08-2017, 04:10 PM
I believe TMNT II is missing a cue or two. No clue about the compeleteness TMNT III, but both should be more than enough for people to enjoy. The term "recordings sessions" is very, very loosely used for just about any of these leaks. I've only ever actually seen one set of honest recording sessions leak.

Sabacooza
10-08-2017, 07:27 PM
I got them but the 3rd film score is all flac files. I have to look into how to convert them.

All we need now is the holy grail of film scores that being the 1990 movie.

TheSkeletonMan939
10-08-2017, 08:46 PM
According to the rumor mill, the original score is on analog rather than DAT, which makes transferring the elements a little harder. Plus it's probably more "valuable" since it's the original (no one cares about II or III as much as the first) and wouldn't leak as quickly.

btw... there are seven missing cues from II. The DAT tape was apparently damaged and they were un-salvageable.

sgtfbomb
10-09-2017, 07:42 AM
I guess time will tell on those missing tracks. I feel like an official release for some of these scores, if not all, isn't too far off.