PDA

View Full Version : Playmates TMNT Blind Bags

Zulithe
04-20-2016, 09:15 AM
Finally a video review/unboxing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-a3Q2GUrQs

Let's have a thread to discuss these, because Playmates is going to release multiple waves, including a waves based on the Nick franchise!

If anyone finds codes for these, please share those as well!

I hope I can find these soon

Zulithe
04-20-2016, 11:53 AM
Okay I found some at target today.

(Click for larger)
http://i.imgur.com/Cx1xEnJl.jpg (http://imgur.com/Cx1xEnJ)

There is a faintly printed code on the back of every pack, in its upper-right corner above the barcode. Match the LAST digit of this code with the list below!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows Surprise Mini-Figures (2016 Movie Series)
F Leonardo (1:6 Odds)
G Donatello (1:8 Odds)
H Michelangelo (1:6 Odds)
I Raphael (1:8 Odds)
J Bebop (1:8 Odds)
K Rocksteady (1:8 Odds)
N Shadow Ninja Leonardo (1:24 Odds)
O Shadow Ninja Michelangelo (1:24 Odds)

Shadow Ninja Don and Raph could be L, M or P, Q. Good luck.

It's not hard to feel for the turtle's weapons to make certain. Donnie's bo is the easiest to feel for.

NOTE: as with other blind bag series, the codes on the back could differ by retailer or by production run... so use this list only as a guide, not as gospel!

Sabacooza
04-20-2016, 05:23 PM
I know it's probably too early to ask. I could just wait until they show up over here but looking for Raph if anyone wants to split with doubles.

Zulithe
04-20-2016, 11:29 PM
Good luck! I didn't get any doubles this time personally, but that is bound to happen with people.

strawberryfields
04-21-2016, 09:27 AM
Those look awful; why anyone would buy those over the mega bloks figures is beyond me

D Piddy 1982
04-21-2016, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't mind the Bebop figure to sit on my desk at work!

I saw some Nick blind bags in my local toy store today. Thought they were some old stuff, but maybe they're the new ones you mentioned above? I only gave them a second glance as I was in a rush. I might go back and pick one up...

Powder
04-21-2016, 01:04 PM
I quite like these. Might grab some.

Zulithe
04-21-2016, 04:45 PM
Those look awful; why anyone would buy those over the mega bloks figures is beyond me

I own the full set of both mega bloks blind figure packs too (okay, they chose to put them in little boxes for the movie series instead of blind packs, but still, technically it's the same core series)

I like both. With these Playmates blind bag figures, they are like miniature action figures in a 'chibi' or 'super deformed' style, which I like. The paint on these is pretty good too -- honestly I was expecting way worse, but there are a lot of little paint apps on them.

I accept that people won't all like the style of them. But they could have done way worse! I think these are well made for the low price (3.99 per pack)

They even have articulation, which most blind bag figures do not. Their arms and heads are on little ball joints and their legs can fold up for a sitting position
I wouldn't mind the Bebop figure to sit on my desk at work!

I saw some Nick blind bags in my local toy store today. Thought they were some old stuff, but maybe they're the new ones you mentioned above? I only gave them a second glance as I was in a rush. I might go back and pick one up...
I like all of them and am glad to have a full set but honestly yes, Bebop translated really well to this style. His head is great! Nicely detailed with all of his teeth/tusks painted.

BONUS: Bebop's empty hand is doing the Sign of the Horns hand sign!

Hero
04-22-2016, 12:34 AM
Bebop and Rocksteady seem like the easiest to find.

Hope these surface in the UK soon.

darthwahl56
04-22-2016, 02:27 AM

(Click for larger)

There is a faintly printed code on the back of every pack, in its upper-right corner above the barcode. Match the LAST digit of this code with the list below!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows Surprise Mini-Figures (2016 Movie Series)

It's not hard to feel for the turtle's weapons to make certain. Donnie's bo is the easiest to feel for.

NOTE: as with other blind bag series, the codes on the back could differ by retailer or by production run... so use this list only as a guide, not as gospel!

When you found these at Target, where did you find them in the store?

Zulithe
04-22-2016, 12:31 PM
When you found these at Target, where did you find them in the store?

in the toy isle right next to the TMNT basic figures. Actually it was sitting right next to that new 6 pack of movie figures.

Who knows, in some stores they might put these up by the sports cards. So check there too

Ninturtle
04-22-2016, 08:43 PM

It's almost like people have different taste than you, who would have thought?

kizer17
07-02-2016, 01:59 AM
Some more blind bags have come out, spotted in June 2016. Here are the codes (Target) for the new releases for anyone who's interested:

- 341A: Leonardo
- 341B: Donatello
- 341D: Raphael
- 341E: Shredder
- 341F: Krang
- 341K: Diamond Leonardo
- 341L: Diamond Raphael

Sabacooza
07-02-2016, 07:25 AM
Some more blind bags have come out, spotted in June 2016. Here are the codes (Target) for the new releases for anyone who's interested:

- 341L: Diamond RaphaelWhat do these look like. Pictures?

SS Kakarot
07-02-2016, 06:56 PM

- 341L: Diamond Raphael

I would also like to see what these look like.
Are they based on the movie?

kizer17
07-03-2016, 05:40 PM
Here you go:

Powder
07-03-2016, 05:48 PM
Are they the same size as the OOTS ones, or more like HSH? I'm definitely in for a Kraang.

BlueKatana
07-04-2016, 12:49 AM
These are neat, got Leo, but might go for the rest.

Sabacooza
07-04-2016, 08:45 AM
These are pretty cute. I know which ones I'm going for if I get any at all.

SS Kakarot
07-04-2016, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the pics, they look nice!
A movie Krang and Shredder would have been nice though.

Coola Yagami
07-04-2016, 12:23 PM
Cool! There are so many characters they can go with though. I hope they don't limit themselves to just the Turtles and a few of their enemies. Bring on movie Krang, Tiger Claw, Rahzar and Karai.

IndigoErth
07-04-2016, 12:28 PM
Omg why did they do this. :lol: I went looking to see if Target restocked the Out of the Shadows ones (still looking for Mikey - found 2 like I hoped) and saw that they've combined these new Nick ones WITH OOTS. The Nick style title across the top, movie title across the bottom.

Eleven different figures... The seven kizer showed us, plus four OOTS (Leo and Bebop no longer included). I lucked out and found a fully stocked display of them, but I stood there forever trying to figure out what was what. >.< lol

Fyi, if you're looking for Diamond Leo (341K), OOTS Rocksteady is also a K (342K), so be mindful of the numbers.

(OOTS Mikey is 342H, so maybe the OOTS stuff is all 342? I didn't catch that while in the store so can't verify. I got reg and Diamond Leo, both 341s.)

Are they the same size as the OOTS ones
Yeah, the Nick Turtles are a little bigger bodied, but height is about the same.

Edit:
Reg Nick are all 1:12
Diamond 1:24
OOTS all 1:8

Coola Yagami
07-12-2016, 10:09 AM
Is it just Target? I didn't see any at TRU.

TheWarrior97
07-23-2016, 12:33 AM

(Click for larger)

I just picked up an "O" coded bag and it sure feels light sn raph. I can feel two sai's. Are you guys sure O isn't raph?

DVD
07-25-2016, 03:04 AM
I have a full set of blind bag Turtles arriving this week. I will check all the codes prior to opening. The codes MUST work, as my set (complete) are still in their bags!!

thundermaster612
07-25-2016, 09:38 AM
I have a full set of blind bag Turtles arriving this week. I will check all the codes prior to opening. The codes MUST work, as my set (complete) are still in their bags!!

Will you post pics?

DVD
07-25-2016, 10:39 AM
No problem.
They are being sent out tomorrow .
I put everything in hold (delivery wise) whilst I was on holiday this past month.