PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft ends production of the Xbox 360 after 10 Years

TigerClaw
04-20-2016, 11:40 AM
Well folks, it's the end of an era, Microsoft has officially end production on the Xbox 360 after 10 Years.
http://news.xbox.com/2016/04/20/xbox-360-celebrating-10-years/

Ninjinister
04-20-2016, 12:57 PM
I remember getting my original Xbox literally the day before they announced that production ceased on it. Thankfully I got my 360 way before they ended it

Prowler
04-20-2016, 02:03 PM
I didn't even know that it was still in production.

I remember getting my original Xbox literally the day before they announced that production ceased on it. Thankfully I got my 360 way before they ended it

As soon as the 360 hit the shelves, I never saw an original Xbox game at a store again. I still saw DS games for sale at stores back in 2014, and PS2 games until some years ago. And I still see Wii games occasionally. But Xbox and 360 games seem to have disappeared completely from physical stores once the new Microsoft console hit the shelves. I've never owned a Microsoft console, but considering that the 360 and the One have backwards compatibility, it'd come in handy to have some older games left behind for a while.

TonySiegel
04-20-2016, 03:28 PM
the OG xbox is legendary, mad hours logged in that machine... dont get me started on just halo 2 alone...

360 held it down... cant remember which games i enjoyed off of it though...

my bro has the xbox one... played fallout 4 havent real touched it...

Prowler
04-20-2016, 04:36 PM
the OG xbox is legendary, mad hours logged in that machine... dont get me started on just halo 2 alone...

360 held it down... cant remember which games i enjoyed off of it though...

my bro has the xbox one... played fallout 4 havent real touched it...
Apparently, the original Xbox had a lot of hidden gems. People view it as the Halo, Fable and Star Wars: KOTOR console, but it had a lot of gems that went under the radar, or so I've heard. People say that the GameCube is underrated, but everyone has heard of Cube's best games.

The PS2 really hogged all of the spotlight back then. But still, the original Xbox made some quite respectable numbers considering it was Microsoft's debut in the home console market. It even ended in front of GameCube in numbers of total unit sale figures, I think.

MsMarvelDuckie
04-20-2016, 06:09 PM
Ah, how I love my 360. We pre-ordered one months in advance of its debut, and the first game we got for it was ES: Oblivion. Still love that game (and Skyrim, of course). It ended up with a Red Ring, and we went with the slim version to replace it. It's still going after more than five years. We bought the original X-Box a bit after they went down in price- had a PS 1 before that- and haven't so much as considered PS since then. I have toyed with getting an X-Box 1, but so far their game catalog (and backward compatible games list) haven't swayed me. I'm just not THAT anxious to play the "latest thing" anymore. Got other things to do.

Ninjinister
04-21-2016, 06:12 AM
I didn't even know that it was still in production.

As soon as the 360 hit the shelves, I never saw an original Xbox game at a store again. I still saw DS games for sale at stores back in 2014, and PS2 games until some years ago. And I still see Wii games occasionally. But Xbox and 360 games seem to have disappeared completely from physical stores once the new Microsoft console hit the shelves. I've never owned a Microsoft console, but considering that the 360 and the One have backwards compatibility, it'd come in handy to have some older games left behind for a while.

There's still a small handful of games confirmed to be coming out this year, so I'm not sure they'll disappear altogether from stores yet.