View Full Version : RIP "Chyna"

turtlefanforever
04-21-2016, 04:51 AM
Former professional wrestler, and adult film actress "Chyna" has passed away

Birth name Joan Marie Laurer

was found dead of a possible overdose.

Ninjinister
04-21-2016, 05:40 AM
Please don't ever post news topics without a link.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/22/arts/television/chyna-wrestler-dead.html?_r=0

Krutch
04-21-2016, 05:47 AM
Sadly something that isn't much of a shock :( Wish she got the help she needed. RIP Chyna.

TonySiegel
04-21-2016, 06:04 AM
RIP to her she was ill with it

Vicky82
04-21-2016, 06:19 AM
RIP Chyna :cry:

She is the 2nd DX Member to die on April 20th, Rick Rude also died on April 20th back in 1999.

Hero
04-21-2016, 07:26 AM
Really horrible for someone to stumble on. I lost my brother to similar circumstances.

I quite liked post-DX era Chyna who had some decent feuds with Jericho, Jeff Jarrett and Ivory. Became the first and currently only ever female IC champ. I even admit to once owning an 'I'd rather be in Chyna' shirt.

A groundbreaking star who will never be forgotten.

turtle1237
04-21-2016, 01:31 PM
RIP, one of the greats. I recall back when she won the title. The Strongest Woman in the world was her title for a time, she was fun to watch.

snake
04-21-2016, 02:28 PM
That's sad yo. It's a shame how she fell off after wrestling. Hopefully WWE acknowledges this.

Vicky82
04-21-2016, 02:29 PM
That's sad yo. It's a shame how she fell off after wrestling. Hopefully WWE acknowledges this.

They have

http://www.wwe.com/article/chyna-passes-away

Prowler
04-21-2016, 05:55 PM
Not really surprised by this since her drug problems were well known. Still a bad way to go, regardless.

I've always felt that she was never able to handle Triple H dumping her for Stephanie McMahon.

Hero
04-21-2016, 11:24 PM
I know its early days, but I wonder if the Hall of Fame induction is no longer out of the question.

Suicide is always the easy assumption in these cases. Nobody will really know for sure until the toxicology will come through and that could take weeks.

GoldMutant
04-23-2016, 12:51 PM
Just learned about since coming home, a damn shame. :(

Chyna is nearly a reason women's wrestling got revolutionized personally. With her larger than life build and feuds, she did so much in the business outside a women's champion. A two time Intercontinental champion and the first women to enter the Royal Rumble match alongside underrated feuds with the likes of Jericho, Eddie, and Jarrett. I'm aware of her issues since her release in the WWE which is closing in on two decades ago and her not having the greatest life and reputation.

Regardless, Chyna was one of my childhood crushes; even with what's occurred in personal life, she left an impact few women wrestlers can replicate. I really would have loved to meet her before this happened, but it's purely depressing to see her decline. It also sucks personally that everyone acknowledged her existence with her death; I know deaths rally us up, but it's sad regardless. Her brain may be donated in some reports, but I'm unsure if it's a rumor or confirmed.

Rest easy Joan Laurer, you weren't "fine china" but an awesome performer. :cry:

shuriken
05-01-2016, 05:22 PM
The first and only female IC champ. I was never her biggest fan but she was quite a performer and its a shame the direction her life took the last few years of her life. May she rest in peace and get a nod at the WWE HOF.