PDA

View Full Version : [Comment] what could have been fixed

ticktack
04-25-2016, 01:30 PM
New Title. What could have been done.

I think, putting pics/avatars of (that was before) insulting oversexualisation and sigs of gifs containing dangerously contagious agression need to be stopped: have a rule about banning it. Admins, think about it and take an action. :tgrin: Beforehand, Thanks.

ToTheNines
04-25-2016, 01:36 PM
Doing a little day drinking?

Powder
04-25-2016, 01:43 PM
What are you talking about?

Candy Kappa
04-25-2016, 01:45 PM
The hell are you talking about?

Netkeeper
04-25-2016, 01:48 PM
Ok, here's my attempt at a translation:

OP thinks we should ban passive and outright aggressive, sexual, or insulting signatures and avatars.

I don't... really see a lot of these, but they've happened from time to time.

Powder
04-25-2016, 01:52 PM
I can think of one sig with an anime beheading gif in it, but otherwise, yeah, most of this stuff is pretty tame.

plastroncafe
04-25-2016, 01:52 PM
I don't know man, sometimes it's great to let other people tell you that they're jerks, rather than wasting time talking to them and having to come to that conclusion on your own.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-25-2016, 02:10 PM
No, guys, you're missing the point.

This is an impassioned plea to BRING BACK THE BOOTY SIGS.

ticktack
04-25-2016, 02:21 PM
I don't know man, sometimes it's great to let other people tell you that they're jerks, rather than wasting time talking to them and having to come to that conclusion on your own.
It's better you tell them about them having a bad behaviour rather than wait and wander for another one to tell the same to them... ooor not to tell them at all.

Ok, here's my attempt at a translation:

OP thinks we should ban passive and outright aggressive, sexual, or insulting signatures and avatars.

I don't... really see a lot of these, but they've happened from time to time.

Yes.
No.

No, guys, you're missing the point.

This is an impassioned plea to BRING BACK THE BOOTY SIGS.

You're missing the point.

I can think of one sig with an anime beheading gif in it, but otherwise, yeah, most of this stuff is pretty tame.

If we're cool and satisfied with most of the matherial, it doesn't mean than the other and smaller ones are supposed to be missed. :P :D

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-25-2016, 02:23 PM
Booty sigs. Bring back dem booty sigs.

They're as much a beloved staple of the Technodrome as Mangoes of WelcomeTM and CyberCubed.

ticktack
04-25-2016, 02:29 PM
Booty sigs. Bring back dem booty sigs.

They're as much a beloved staple of the Technodrome as Mangoes of WelcomeTM and CyberCubed.

You're trolling. Ok, I'll ignore you, without offence. :P :tgrin:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-25-2016, 02:30 PM
You're trolling. Ok, I'll ignore you, without offence. :P :tgrin:

Aw, look at you being a good sport. You're a'ight, man.

ticktack
04-25-2016, 02:35 PM
Aw, look at you being a good sport. You're a'ight, man.

Perhaps being nice is naturally a normal behaviour.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-25-2016, 02:36 PM
Perhaps being nice is naturally a normal behaviour.

Based on that statement, our views of basic human nature appear to be 100% opposite...

ticktack
04-25-2016, 02:41 PM
Based on that statement, our views of basic human nature appear to be 100% opposite...
Then from your point that's just sad. :tsad:

P.S. Don't change the subject CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy, please.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-25-2016, 02:44 PM
This thread offends me.

ticktack
04-25-2016, 02:49 PM
This thread offends me.
Could you kindly tell me how?

plastroncafe
04-25-2016, 02:51 PM
It should be locked.

ticktack
04-25-2016, 02:56 PM
It should be locked.

You're rude, plastroncafe. I've only shared my concern.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-25-2016, 03:02 PM
Am I in before the lock, Cylons? Yes, I am, Other Cylons... yes, I am.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-25-2016, 03:03 PM
Could you kindly tell me how?

I shall do so as kindly as I can: I have no clue what you're trying to convey with this thread, and no one else does either.

You started this thread asking the mods to start taking care of people whose avatars are dangerously oversexualized images. Where are these shameful avatars and where can I find them?

And these hate-filled GIFs... where can I find those? What aggression are they inspiring? Where? Can you cite one, just one, example of what you're talking about? Do you know the answers to any of these questions? Because I don't!

We don't have a rule explicitly saying "Don't use pictures of hot naked girls for your avatar", but that's only because it's common sense. No one here, I hope, is so devoid of common sense so as to think that doing so would be a grand idea.

Frankly you are making a fool of yourself, bringing your imaginary problem here and telling the mods to solve it for you.

Do you see a member with a deliberately offensive avatar/sig? Report him. Don't make a goofy thread with no evidence or point.

Jester
04-25-2016, 03:18 PM
Yeah...and locked. Maybe report examples instead.