PDA

View Full Version : Beyonce - Lemonade - "Hold Up"

D Piddy 1982
05-03-2016, 06:49 AM
Don't know if anyone else noticed this, or even heard this track, but my girlfriend got the new Beyonce album "Lemonade".

Track 2 is called "Hold Up" and immediately my ears were pricked as I recognised part of the music as being from the 1990 TMNT film, were Raph and Casey first meet.

I thought they (the Beyonce producers) had ripped it from the TMNT film (therefore must be TMNT fans, weeyyyy), but upon further research just now, it appears to be from a song called "Can't Get Used to Losing You" by Andy Williams.

So I'm wondering/guessing the same rift from the TMNT is the Andy Williams tune, although I can't currently find any reference to the sample used in TMNT.

That's it really. TMNT/Beyonce crossover. Just thought I'd share!

(I do wonder if the producers found the sample through TMNT, or through the original song).

If anyone knows anything more please do share!

EDIT: Just did a Youtube side by side of the Andy Williams song and the TMNT scene. They bear a striking resemblence, but I don't think they are they same. I believe the TMNT cut is an original piece. Sooooo....forget my post. Shoulda done the full research before posting! :(

snake
05-03-2016, 01:27 PM
The lemonade hbo special was great. Beyonce made a terrence mallick movie.