PDA

View Full Version : What is your opinions of this movie before it comes out?

LeotheLateBloomer
05-06-2016, 01:57 PM
Okay, there are some people that are for this movie because they were able to fix some changes but on the other hand it still looks like it could be bad for more or less the same reasons as it's predecessor or for different reasons.

What is you guys' stances on this movie before it comes out? Why do you think it could be good, why do you think it could be bad? Do you think it will be better, just as good/bad, or worse than the last one and why?

Edit: *facepalm* impressions, I meant to say.

Cryomancer
05-06-2016, 02:03 PM
One step forward, two steps back.

edit: The one step forward is that this one seems to, possibly, actually have at least one ninja in it. Maybe.

neatoman
05-06-2016, 02:10 PM
One step forward, two steps back.

Cause opposites attract.

DioLeo451
05-06-2016, 02:12 PM
I think this will be miles better then the first one but obviously won't hold a candle to the original in 1990 in all honesty I didn't even care much about Tmnt in general until the current nickelodeon series (which I still haven't watched) and the 2014 movie I was very optimistic with that first film
defended everything from the casting to the action etc and the end result was cluster**** of epic proportions just an overall Bad movie I punched a whole in my wall that night The turtles were the only saving grace but everything else sucked...now here we are in 2016 and I can't deny it I'm hyped as hell for this one it could be bad it could be worse then the first but I'm hopeful and legitimately excited for it.

Mew
05-06-2016, 02:19 PM
1. Turtles look better
2. Bebop, Rocksteady and Kraang look great
3. Ninja Foot
4. Baxter Stockman looks amazing
5. It seems like it won't take itself so seriously this movie

plastroncafe
05-06-2016, 02:30 PM
I hope everyone looking forward to seeing it isn't disappointed.

turtlefanforever
05-06-2016, 02:38 PM
it'll more than likely be better than the first one (pretty much anything would be) but it's still going to be bad for the same reasons as the first.

i'd ventrue to say this and the first movie would be up to 70% better if they had "correct" turtle designs. there's been a (seemingly) fool proof depection of what works and what is accepted and it hasnt been followed. it's not even practical the say they're designed.

hoping they dont get to make a 3rd one. the first had a sequel set in stone but now tht people know what they're about and have to offer hope this flops and we can get it into the hands of someone who cares.

but as said whoever likes the films hope this one makes all of your tmnt dreams come true.

Powder
05-06-2016, 02:47 PM
God damn it. I had typed up a nice reply but my browser dicked me over & interpreted my hitting backspace to fix a typo as the desire to go back a page, thus deleting all that I wrote.

The short version- I think it's gonna suck for the same reasons it sucked last time, though there are signs that suggest it will be better in some respects.

Why it will suck:

Same actors/writers/designs, Casey is utterly ruined

Why it will be better:

Bebop/Rocksteady/Baxter done decently, consistent tone, allegedly more turtle/family focus

Vicky82
05-06-2016, 02:48 PM
I'm excited, it looks like it's better than the 2014 movie.

The Turtles are in it from the start and hopefully in it a lot more than the last movie.
The turtles designs are toned down.
Bebop, Rocksteady and Kraang.
Looks like more Turtle interactions.
Longer running time (thats if the Cineworld running time is correct)
Scenes are more colorful.

TurtleTitan97
05-06-2016, 02:48 PM
Looks as bad as the first one.

IndigoErth
05-06-2016, 03:19 PM
This one's difficult. I want so much for it to be better, at least to some degree. A wide step in the right direction, if not a leap. (And [I]keep pushing for better if they end up doing 3+ films; don't stop aiming for better.)

I'm being a kinder fan this time, for now. I'm not out on poking fun at it, but don't really want to be too critical too fast and just want them to prove that they've at least managed to raise the bar a little. Certainly not so sure about some details, it is no doubt still making some poor choices and possibly overcompensating a little too much after the first. But I'm so torn on this one because the trailers seem to suggest they've changed/improved on things that I had really hoped for with my fave boy in there so that part alone is swaying me to feel a tiny bit more optimistic for this one. Though I know it very well may come down to another case of liking certain aspects and not others, and that trailers can make something appear to be what it's not.

graphic_content
05-06-2016, 03:20 PM
i really dig the fact that the producers, and the cast have admitted that they made mistakes the first time around. a lot of them. even Megan saying that it should have never been April O' Neil the movie.

recognizing your mistakes doesn't automatically mean you'll do it better the second time around (see what I did there?), but heres hoping.

in summary, im excited, and think it will leagues better than the first. but still nowhere near as strong as Barron's film.

TigerClaw
05-06-2016, 05:48 PM
Okay, there are some people that are for this movie because they were able to fix some changes but on the other hand it still looks like it could be bad for more or less the same reasons as it's predecessor or for different reasons.

What is you guys' stances on this movie before it comes out? Why do you think it could be good, why do you think it could be bad? Do you think it will be better, just as good/bad, or worse than the last one and why?

Edit: *facepalm* impressions, I meant to say.
I think it's a step in the right direction, The 1st one had different tones, and the sequel they are aiming for a more lighthearted fun tone like the original cartoon, as a fan I look at the original series as a frame of reference, even though it was based on the black and white comic from Mirage, I tried to read those comics, but I wasn't feeling them, the tone wasn't fun, it was very dark.

This movie has a feeling that it's going to be fun, the kind of fun I expect when going to a big summer movie, I expect to leave the theater excited, thrilled, and happy.

If the movie was dark, you don't want to be leaving a theater feeling all depressed and somber about it, movies like these are supposed to be fun for the whole family.

ToTheNines
05-06-2016, 06:40 PM
I tried to read those comics, but I wasn't feeling them, the tone wasn't fun, it was very dark.

Then you didn't read enough. Like all good versions of TMNT, the Mirage comics yield an impressive range of tone and you'll find it's quite versatile.

TigerClaw
05-06-2016, 07:48 PM
Then you didn't read enough. Like all good versions of TMNT, the Mirage comics yield an impressive range of tone and you'll find it's quite versatile.
The tone wasn't like the original series, I was expecting something like that, but I just didn't like it, So I end up reading the TMNT comics from Archie Series, it was more to my liking, cause its just like the animated series, but going on a different direction.

ToTheNines
05-06-2016, 08:15 PM
The tone wasn't like the original series, I was expecting something like that.

http://www.troll.me/images/bert/really-bro-thumb.jpg

TigerClaw
05-06-2016, 08:21 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/bert/really-bro-thumb.jpg
I was expecting the same sort of tone to the cartoon, but it wasn't, the cartoon was my first exposure, that was my point of reference, The Archie Series comics was the only TMNT comics i truly liked, cause it was just like what I wanted.

some people's exposure to TMNT was the cartoon directly, they may or may not like the original comics cause its different tonally.

sethmartin
05-06-2016, 08:53 PM
If you go in with a tub of popcorn, I think it'll be a fun summer movie. I think they realized that whatever BS approach they wanted to take to reboot the series was a failed attempt. So they said F it. Let's just give them what they know. Will it be the best Turtles film? No. Will it be a great comic book movie the likes of Marvel? No. Will it even be a great movie? Probably not. It's pretty much what TMNT 3 should have been 23 years ago. So older fans like myself will be a little stoked seeing certain characters that we've been waiting years to see. The good/bad news (depending on where you stand with these films) is that they really have nowhere else to go after this. The 2014 movie was exciting because it was bringing the turtles back. This film is exciting because it's bringing in classic characters from the cartoon. But after this, what could they possibly introduce that would maintain excitement? If these films had storylines on par with Marvel, they could go forever. However, they seem to be sacrificing good stories for nostalgia, which is fun now but probably won't sustain.

Galactus
05-06-2016, 09:27 PM
I know a lot of people are convinced they've really listened to fans and certainly the trailers give off the impression they've addressed the broader complaints but there's things that should be concern even to the more optimistic among us.

People are arguing that the trailers make it look like we will be getting significantly more turtle time in the movie but bare in mind all of the trailers of the last movie made it seem very turtle-centric. Putting aside whether they can afford a turtle-focused movie with the budget they have given that it's going to have a run time barely longer than the first is there even much room for the turtles given that they have to squeeze all the various other characters and concepts?

That's not even taking into account that Carmello Anthony and Alessandra Ambrosio will hog screen time. If it was just a quick cameo it would be passable but they are multiple scenes and serve no purpose than to be product placement for their respective brands. Not to mention Judith Hoag is also in multiple scenes likely serving no purpose than her mere presence trying convince fans they care about the franchise's history.

Speaking of the franchise history notice how all the trailers and TV spots are playing down Amell's Casey Jones? If fans didn't like altering the turtles origins then why continue the trend with Casey? Heck they are pretty much altering his whole persona and hoping a generally correct design will distract people to the fact that this new version is nothing like the character fans love and more like the version from the Blue Door.

The whole movie looks to follow the Blue Door including retreading parts that made it into the previous movie. I know I'm not the only person to pick up on the fact that a lot of the movie resembles the previous one. The sky diving and river scene look very much like the snow chase scene and the Krang platform fight looks just like the tower top battle with Shredder in the first movie. As much as I didn't care for the 2014 movie I will concede that both of those sequences were well done (apart from them both ending on anti climaxes) but it loses a wow factor to do them again.

The whole movie loses some wow factor by the fact the previous movie exists. I'm sure there were many non fans that went to see it because a lot of the marketing made it seem like the property was being given the same treatment as many of the comic book movies and then it was terrible. I don't think anything they've put out there will tempt them back with fan favorite characters or deliberately stupider tone. I don't think they can recover from the false start of the 2014 movie.

It's clear they have tried to address some fan concerns but in a lot of cases they haven't done enough, like the designs for example. I appreciate once the 3D models are finished there's not much that can be done but they've barely changed anything in regards to the turtles. They've also not done addressed complaints in the "right" way? Shredder was over designed? Well now he's under-designed. The movie had problems shifting it's tone from light to dark? Well get rid of any sense of darkness altogether, in fact go stupider than even the lamest episodes of the Fred Wolf series. I'm sorry but other than Tigerclaw no one wants that.

I've brought this up before but it's worth repeating that many of the last movie's staunch defenders argued vehemently that the designs were more realistic and badass and that what looked initially like a darker tone (although it really didn't turn out that way) was not only the correct way to go because it was true to the property's roots but in 2014 people expect comic book movies to be at least somewhat serious. Now these are the same people arguing ultra stupid and cartoon-like is the way to go. :roll:

LeotheLateBloomer
05-06-2016, 10:31 PM
I know a lot of people are convinced they've really listened to fans and certainly the trailers give off the impression they've addressed the broader complaints but there's things that should be concern even to the more optimistic among us.

People are arguing that the trailers make it look like we will be getting significantly more turtle time in the movie but bare in mind all of the trailers of the last movie made it seem very turtle-centric. Putting aside whether they can afford a turtle-focused movie with the budget they have given that it's going to have a run time barely longer than the first is there even much room for the turtles given that they have to squeeze all the various other characters and concepts?

That's not even taking into account that Carmello Anthony and Alessandra Ambrosio will hog screen time. If it was just a quick cameo it would be passable but they are multiple scenes and serve no purpose than to be product placement for their respective brands. Not to mention Judith Hoag is also in multiple scenes likely serving no purpose than her mere presence trying convince fans they care about the franchise's history.

Speaking of the franchise history notice how all the trailers and TV spots are playing down Amell's Casey Jones? If fans didn't like altering the turtles origins then why continue the trend with Casey? Heck they are pretty altering his whole persona and hoping a generally correct design will be nothing like the character fans love and more like the version from the Blue Door.

The whole movie looks to follow the Blue Door including retreading parts that made it into the previous movie. I know I'm not the only person to pick up a lot of the movie resembles the previous one. The sky diving and river scene looks very much like the snow chase scene and Krang platform fight looks just like the tower top with Shredder in the first movie. As much as I didn't care for the 2014 I will concede that both of those sequences were well done (apart from them both ending on anti climaxes) but it loses a wow factor to do them again.

The whole movie loses some wow factor by the fact the previous movie exists. I'm sure there were many non fans that went to see it because a lot of the marketing made it seem like the property was being given the same treatment as many of the comic book movies and then it was terrible. I don't think anything they've put out there will tempt them back with fan favorite characters or deliberately stupider tone. I don't think they can recover from the false start of the 2014 movie.

It's clear they have tried to address some fan concerns but in a lot of cases they haven't done enough, like the designs for example. I appreciate once the 3D models are finished there's not much that can be done but they've barely changed anything in regards to the turtles. They've also not done addressed complaints in the "right" way? Shredder was over designed? Well now he's under-designed. The movie had problems shifting it's tone from light to dark? Well get rid of any sense of darkness altogether, in fact go stupider than even the lamest episodes of the Fred Wolf series. I'm sorry but other than Tigerclaw no one wants that.

I've brought this up before but it's worth repeating that many of the last movie's staunch defenders argued vehemently that the designs were more realistic and badass and that what looked initially like a darker tone (although it really didn't turn out that way) was not only the correct way to go because it was true to the property's roots but in 2014 people expect comic book movies to be at least somewhat serious. Now these are the same people arguing ultra stupid and cartoon-like is the way to go. :roll:

This is 100% how I feel about the movie. Especially what I bolded.

TigerClaw
05-06-2016, 10:47 PM
I'm excited, it looks like it's better than the 2014 movie.

The Turtles are in it from the start and hopefully in it a lot more than the last movie.
The turtles designs are toned down.
Bebop, Rocksteady and Kraang.
Looks like more Turtle interactions.
Longer running time (thats if the Cineworld running time is correct)
Scenes are more colorful.
Rotten Tomatoes, Fandango and Moviefone are showing two different run times. RT shows 1 hour and 37 minutes, Fandango and Moviefone shows 1 hour and 48 minutes.

TrickOrTreater
05-07-2016, 03:38 AM
The looks like a f*cking dumpster fire, just like the first one.

thundermaster612
05-07-2016, 05:17 AM
I would say I think the movie will be good but I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for it considering how toxic the discussion section for the movie has become

LeoRaph
05-07-2016, 06:23 AM
It's going to Accomplish the Almost Impossible and be Worse than the 1St PDMT.

Aaaaaaand it's going to do Exactly what Fans of The Real TMNT's Genuine Substance, Heart, Soul, Intelligent Humour, Intricate Intimate Well Thought Out Themes and Details DON'T want it to do and be Just another Whacky Silly Over the Top Dumb Kids Franchise taking us even further back than Next Mutation.

This IS the getting Worse stage before it gets Better...

NinjaPug
05-07-2016, 07:31 AM
My opinion of any TMNT movie created by Platinum Dunes is that it will be complete garbage. Everything I've seen of this movie so far has done nothing to dissuade me of that opinion.

Shred Head
05-07-2016, 08:13 AM
Its going to be garbage I know it will its going to be Batman V Superman but without any of the good points that movie had. Pretty much its bloated with way to much and a complete lack of understanding of the source material or what fans love of the source material. I mean its going to have half he run time Batman V Superman has yet it has more characters and plots it needs to introduce then that cluster ****. Lets take a look shall we.

Casey Jones
Bebop and Rocksteady
Baxter Stockman
Reintroduce Shredder, Karai, and the Foot and the rivalry with the turtles and what there whole bag is something that should have been done in the last film but they ****ed that up
Krang
Dimension X
A big invasion of New York City
Leo having doubts about his leadership
The Turtles wanting to turn human
Turtles going public (At this point in time they really do need to take the Ninja off the title and put back Hero it makes more sense now)
Also set up a romance with Casey and April

Wow yeah I bet thats going to have some depth and great payoff and none of the plots or character moments wont feel rushed at all. I swear it feels like there trying to cram two ****ing movies into one and its going to fail hard. Thats how I feel going into this movie.

Mew
05-07-2016, 08:16 AM
The looks like a f*cking dumpster fire, just like the first one.
https://ftgdw.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/lolzturtle.gif

Technogeek29
05-07-2016, 08:18 AM
Fred Wolf this, Fred Wolf that! Were pandering on nostalgia so much from that version were stealing idea's from it and not the good ones. They tried stealing from IDW but only taking one thing from there and not the entire narrative cause many problems and plot holes. The removal of Hamato Yoshi, Teng Shen and Oroku Saki (This cliché evil Japanese man might as well be anybody) Casey Jones is a straight up hockey vigilante which is something the nick version is guilty of as well. Casey despite a mostly hockey mask and one stick mostly used a bat with mostly golf attire a jack of all trades you? I do not need to touch the character itself as we all have spoken on that. The villain left that these idiots could do (god I hope they don't) is Bishop, were not getting triceratons , city at war or Space travel. No they made it clear they don't care.

Etsyturtle2
05-07-2016, 08:51 AM
Fred Wolf this, Fred Wolf that! Were pandering on nostalgia so much from that version were stealing idea's from it and not the good ones. They tried stealing from IDW but only taking one thing from there and not the entire narrative cause many problems and plot holes. The removal of Hamato Yoshi, Teng Shen and Oroku Saki (This cliché evil Japanese man might as well be anybody) Casey Jones is a straight up hockey vigilante which is something the nick version is guilty of as well. Casey despite a mostly hockey mask and one stick mostly used a bat with mostly golf attire a jack of all trades you? I do not need to touch the character itself as we all have spoken on that. The villain left that these idiots could do (god I hope they don't) is Bishop, were not getting triceratons , city at war or Space travel. No they made it clear they don't care.

Stephen Amell actually posted his costume on twitter and it showed baseball bats and cricket bat and hockey stick. not just hockey. Hockey is just his main interest.

Galactus
05-07-2016, 12:44 PM
Stephen Amell actually posted his costume on twitter and it showed baseball bats and cricket bat and hockey stick. not just hockey. Hockey is just his main interest.

If that's a reference to the art work he posted way back when he heavily hinted he was playing Casey Jones I'm almost positive I'd seen that before as fan art.

They have said in interviews that this version of the character is not like previous versions despite having a faithful design.

I must admit in all the many things that bug me about this movie series this has risen to the top of my list which is strange given how they've butchered what I feel to be more important aspects. I think it has to do with the fact that while I hold firm on the belief the TMNT mythology as-is can make for a great movie there are aspects of it I know sound a strange to people that I can see why some Hollywood producers may may dismiss it out of hand. Casey Jones however is a pretty simple character to get right and they've not even tried.

Not to mention it shows they really haven't learned their lessons with the previous movie. If they wanted an origin for Casey they have one but they needlessly came up with their own just like with all the characters last time. The fact that he's connected to the turtles via an early event in the movie keeping to the idea that everything has to be connected. Even the fact that it seems to have been based on the Blue Door security guard version.

IndigoErth
05-07-2016, 01:20 PM
Yeah, the writers just seem to want to complicate things that don't need to be made more complicated.

There's no harm in simply making Casey a crazyass guy on the street who stumbles into this. We don't need to spend a bunch of time making intricate connections for supporting characters and fundamentally changing them in the process. (Damn why couldn't they get new writers, too. Next time please, if there is a next.)

I've said before that I'm okay with it if they want to tell new stories - but don't screw with the flipping foundation. In setting that up, then go with what's already there, then jump ahead and build your own thing on top of it. And by "your own thing" I mean original stuff, not changed stuff that doesn't need to be changed.

The fact that these Turtles can pass for grown was such a missed opportunity to simply jump into stories that may have happened to them years later when they were a bit older, post-Shredder years and other baddies. (Heck... still want the Foot Clan involved? Then create an interesting story of a new foe trying to form a new Foot Clan and presents new challenges from when the Turtles were younger.)

edit: It's like these writers are basically writing their own "alternate universe" fan fiction, but getting paid for it and making it canon.

slingtheory
05-07-2016, 02:25 PM
This movie looks the same as the first to me only with added nostalgia this time. call me a cynic but im pretty sure the thought process behind that was quaility aside of course people are going to want to see characters and things from thier childhood in live action for the first time ever. I've got absolutely no faith in this creative team to deliver anything better this go around. Based on all we've seen from the trailers I'm convinced they still don't get this franchise, it's characters, or its appeal and they have no desire to. Instead they're going to keep pushing thier own "cool" new ideas while pandering to the memories people have of the most main stream version and call it day. I don't buy into this idea that they're really listening to the fans at least not with the goal of making a better movie. The corrections they made simply amount to fixing the things that were complained about the loudest last time. Most likely because otherwise they know more people would've opted out from the start. Also they seem to be doing the same thing all over again and making needless alterations if Casey's new origin is any indication. I don't know man. For everyone whose excited for this I hope it lives up to your expectations. As for me I said it 2 years ago and I'm saying it now: the tmnt deserve better than this.

sethmartin
05-07-2016, 02:51 PM
They don't look at the turtles as a comic book series. They look at it as an 80s cartoon. True, most people came to know the turtles through the 80s show, however, in the days of the comic book movie, they really should be taking inspiration from the books. In the 80s, most people knew Batman through the 60s show, but that didn't stop Tim Burton from making a solid dark approach closer to the comics.

TigerClaw
05-07-2016, 05:02 PM
They don't look at the turtles as a comic book series. They look at it as an 80s cartoon. True, most people came to know the turtles through the 80s show, however, in the days of the comic book movie, they really should be taking inspiration from the books. In the 80s, most people knew Batman through the 60s show, but that didn't stop Tim Burton from making a solid dark approach closer to the comics.
Tim Burton wasn't really the first to make a dark Batman movie, all credit has to go to Frank Miller for making Batman dark in his comics.

TurtleTitan97
05-07-2016, 05:13 PM
Tim Burton wasn't really the first to make a dark Batman movie, all credit has to go to Frank Miller for making Batman dark in his comics.

Sounds like someone has never heard of Bill Finger or Dennis O'Neil.

sgtfbomb
05-07-2016, 07:33 PM

Up until 1989, the only Batman movie, that was truly a movie, was Batman: The Movie, which was the campy Adam West movie that came out in between the first and second season of the 60s series. There was a couple of serials released in the 30s, which have since been edited together.

Tim Burton isn't credited to making Batman dark, but his movie was the first dark Batman movie.

However, Frank Miller isn't the one who made Batman dark either.

Frankly, it doesn't matter what inspired Tim Burton's Batman film. That wasn't the point at all. At the time, the mainstream public was more familiar with the campy show than the dark character (which existed before Miller and Alan Moore got their hands on it). When it was announced that Michael Keaton -- who despite having done a couple of dramas was mostly known for comedies such as Beetlejuice, Mr. Mom, and Night Shift -- a lot of the public had assumed they were going for the Adam West vibe.

CyberCubed
05-07-2016, 07:42 PM
Even though this movie will likely be bad, it at least looks somewhat better than the first.

sethmartin
05-07-2016, 07:57 PM

What? Tim Burton WAS the first to make a serious/darker Batman movie! Yes, Frank Miller made a darker version of Batman in the comics, but he never made a movie.

TigerClaw
05-07-2016, 08:06 PM
What? Tim Burton WAS the first to make a serious/darker Batman movie! Yes, Frank Miller made a darker version of Batman in the comics, but he never made a movie.
You may wanna read what I said, I mention Frank Miller's comics.

sethmartin
05-07-2016, 08:10 PM
You may wanna read what I said, I mention Frank Miller's comics.

Yes. I did read what you wrote. You said quote:

"Tim Burton wasn't really the first to make a dark Batman movie"

Please name the dark Batman movie that was released prior to his 1989 film.

Walkabout
05-07-2016, 08:59 PM
It looks like utter garbage, just like the first one.

Bebop and Rocksteady sort of look OK I guess, but that's not nearly enough to tip the scales for me.

Chris
05-08-2016, 01:49 PM
Whilst it's not going to be what I would personally like from a TMNT movie I'm optimistic it will be better than the last.

At least this one hasn't (to our knowledge) had the massive re-write/re-shoot problems that plagued the first film when the decided to split Sachs/Shredder into 2 characters. Didn't I read on here that they shot 2-3 versions of the movie? No wonder they didn't have the budget for mire Turtle screen time if they've effective shot 2 or even 3 versions of the movie! This alone should (hopefully) make it more cohesive.

At least after BvS there's no way this can be the worst comic based movie of the year!

Etsyturtle2
05-08-2016, 02:25 PM
If that's a reference to the art work he posted way back when he heavily hinted he was playing Casey Jones I'm almost positive I'd seen that before as fan art.

They have said in interviews that this version of the character is not like previous versions despite having a faithful design.

I must admit in all the many things that bug me about this movie series this has risen to the top of my list which is strange given how they've butchered what I feel to be more important aspects. I think it has to do with the fact that while I hold firm on the belief the TMNT mythology as-is can make for a great movie there are aspects of it I know sound a strange to people that I can see why some Hollywood producers may may dismiss it out of hand. Casey Jones however is a pretty simple character to get right and they've not even tried.

Not to mention it shows they really haven't learned their lessons with the previous movie. If they wanted an origin for Casey they have one but they needlessly came up with their own just like with all the characters last time. The fact that he's connected to the turtles via an early event in the movie keeping to the idea that everything has to be connected. Even the fact that it seems to have been based on the Blue Door security guard version.

No, it was a photo of him in the car with the costume and gear. It's on the official website as a screenshot too.http://www.earnthenecklace.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Stephen-Amell.jpg

HeroTurtlesFan
05-09-2016, 06:27 AM
I'm very excited about the film. It looks fun, and I can't wait to take my sons to see this.

graphic_content
05-09-2016, 10:02 AM
No, it was a photo of him in the car with the costume and gear. It's on the official website as a screenshot too.http://www.earnthenecklace.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Stephen-Amell.jpg

I'm having trouble understanding how somebody who works as a security guard (and mind you, I have nothing against the profession), can afford that car. Especially seeing as he is leaving that life behind to become a vigilante, which pays nothing. :lol:

sethmartin
05-11-2016, 12:02 AM
I'm having trouble understanding how somebody who works as a security guard (and mind you, I have nothing against the profession), can afford that car. Especially seeing as he is leaving that life behind to become a vigilante, which pays nothing. :lol:

He's a corrections officer. Pays about 10K more a year than a security guard. Still couldn't afford that car though

samxsteal
05-11-2016, 05:33 AM
He's a corrections officer. Pays about 10K more a year than a security guard. Still couldn't afford that car though

I have a friend who is a security officer and he just bought a Fiat 500 and a motorcycle they can make more then enough to buy a nice car.

Edit
Anyone think it might actually be a "company" car meaning one assigned to him by the force?

Krutch
05-11-2016, 06:09 AM
I'm a guy who can enjoy TMNT in pretty much all mediums ranging from the comics, the TV shows, We Wish You a Turtle Christmas, all the way to the Coming Out of Our Shells Tour. But the last movie? I did not enjoy.

That being said, I'm optimistic about the more focused direction the sequel seems to have.

sgtfbomb
05-11-2016, 01:23 PM
I have a friend who is a security officer and he just bought a Fiat 500 and a motorcycle they can make more then enough to buy a nice car.

Especially if they are smart with money. For example, if you don't get suckered into pointless debt, like relying too much on credit cards, spending hundreds of dollars at bars at any given time or constantly wasting money on black holes like cigarettes or drugs, you'd be surprised how fast you can save money.

sethmartin
05-12-2016, 05:12 PM

Edit
Anyone think it might actually be a "company" car meaning one assigned to him by the force?

I guess. I googled the salaries so it could be wrong. Either way, seems like Casey Jones is doing alright for himself as a corrections officer. Especially, living in NYC where even a studio apartment can run you at least 2k a month. Might as well give that up and become a vigilante. Lol

Shark_Blade
05-12-2016, 05:19 PM
100/10. The hype is real. :tlove:

FredWolfLeonardo
05-12-2016, 07:30 PM
I think it will be very enjoyable movie, among the better of tmnt movies. Definetly think it will outclass its predecessor in almost every, if not in all aspects.

Purse Grabbin Puke
05-13-2016, 07:34 PM
I've barely participated in any talks about this movie here, and I've read nothing about the movie. I am going only off the trailers I've seen. I am excited because I love TMNT. I'll reserve my judgement until after I see the movie.

TMNT is cooler than MOTU
05-14-2016, 01:59 PM
It looks slightly better than the first one. But that's like saying gonorrhea is better than AIDS.

Allio
05-14-2016, 03:28 PM
it will be better than the 2014 film, but weaker than Nick TMNT season 4

TerranigmaFreak
05-16-2016, 04:36 AM
I'm scared because I'm cautiously optimistic based what's shown, but we all know not to trust Michael Bay productions.

Then again, nothing in the trailers for the first TMNT and Transformers resembled good, so maybe they'll surprise us?

D Piddy 1982
05-16-2016, 11:44 AM
Total "MEH" about this one. Insanely excited prior to the first ones release, but nah, they've killed it. Big bouncey CGI.

Plus they shot themselves in the foot whilst aiming for the sky in the first film by making the TMNT indestructible hulks.

The Turtles are supposed to beat their enemies by teamwork and stealth. Now they just smash everything in sight.

Because of this I'm expecting the first film but the Turtles having to face even bigger obstacles to try and make up for the sh*tty "Bayturtles" beefcake design. They have to come up against something they "can't beat".

PD TMNT #1: "snow-truck" replaced by bigger, better "tank-river"
PD TMNT #1: "robo-shredder rooftop fight", replaced by bigger, better "Krang-roof".

If they hadn't made the Turtles so big in the first place then they wouldn't have these "find an enemy or situation bigger than the Turtles" problems to overcome.

LeotheLateBloomer
05-17-2016, 05:26 PM
Do you guys think it will be too cheesy/over-the-top compared to TMNT 2:Soto or TMNT 3?

Sabacooza
05-17-2016, 05:47 PM
Do you guys think it will be too cheesy/over-the-top compared to TMNT 2:Soto or TMNT 3?Yes, probably worse considering the cartoonish feel, ridiculous concepts introduced and most likely incoherent story.

Those other movies no matter how cheesy they were had a pretty solid script. I very much doubt this one does.

Zage
05-17-2016, 08:05 PM
So far, I think that this looks WAY better than the first one.

ZariusTwo
06-03-2016, 03:52 PM
What I expected: Something with energy, pace, and spectacle

What I got: "A dad at your wedding" re-enactment of the 80s cartoon. Embarrassingly endearing with plenty of heart and charm.