PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Feige Says Marvel Studios is ‘Committing’ to a Black Widow Solo Movie

The Deadman
05-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Captain America: Civil War marks the fifth time that Scarlett Johansson has played Natasha Romanov, aka Black Widow, in a Marvel Studios movie and the cry for her own solo film has never been louder. Promises have been made over the years, but now, speaking with Deadline, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige says the studio is “committed” to making a solo film for the character in the future.

“We’ve announced the next nine movies, ten counting Civil War, through the end of 2019. Where we go beyond that are ongoing discussions that we’ll focus on in the next few years because we have a lot to do before then. Of the characters that you’ve just mentioned I would say certainly the one creatively and emotionally that we are most committing to doing is Black Widow…We think she’s an amazing character. We think Scarlett Johansson’s portrayal of her is amazing. She’s a lead Avenger and has amazing stories in her own right to tell that we think would be fun to turn into a standalone franchise.”

Marvel Studios currently has only one female-led feature on their schedule, Captain Marvel, which is set for release March 8, 2019, though the upcoming Ant-Man sequel will be co-headliner titled Ant-Man and The Wasp, set to debut July 6, 2018. There are three Marvel Studios movies without titles set for release in 2020 on May 1, July 10, and November 6, respectively; though it remains to be seen if any of them will be a Black Widow movie.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/684411-kevin-feige-says-marvel-studios-is-committing-to-a-black-widow-solo-movie#IaHOT45hKOI2rVqO.99

NinjaPug
05-07-2016, 03:27 PM
I hope we get a solo Widow movie but I'll believe it when I see it.

plastroncafe
05-07-2016, 03:28 PM
Return to the Red Room with Bucky.
Please let this movie be about the Red Room and Bucky.

turtlefanforever
05-07-2016, 03:34 PM
certainly wouldnt mind it. But one of those 2020 movies HAS to be Hulk. it's been too long. he's paid his dues.

NinjaPug
05-07-2016, 03:53 PM
certainly wouldnt mind it. But one of those 2020 movies HAS to be Hulk. it's been too long. he's paid his dues.

There won't be another solo Hulk movie until Disney and Universal work out the distribution rights.

raph27
05-07-2016, 04:50 PM

Maybe I missed something in Civil War. Is she connected to that somehow?

plastroncafe
05-07-2016, 04:58 PM
Maybe I missed something in Civil War. Is she connected to that somehow?

To the Red Room? Yup, they mention it in Age of Ultron, and it's hinted at more in Agents of SHIELD.

Also, there's a throw-away line in Civil War where Widow asks Bucky if he remembers her.

snake
05-07-2016, 05:07 PM
Unless it involves Bucky or Hawkeye and her past, I don't care. She's literally sexy female spy and that's it. She even has a cliche MYSTERIOUS PASTTT. (which I'd be interested in)

CyberCubed
05-07-2016, 06:41 PM
They should use this scene from the comics if this movie is made:

http://media.fyre.co/UI0BBaSLTQCBLkOYzotf_daredevil_spanks_black_widow. jpg

Autbot_Benz
05-07-2016, 06:44 PM

http://i68.tinypic.com/el4ggo.jpg You're an Idiot

TheSkeletonMan939
05-07-2016, 06:59 PM

:lol: That reminds me of the 'Lady Liberators'.

ToTheNines
05-07-2016, 07:16 PM

Doubt they'd ever do a flashback movie. And I don't think Bucky would have been involved in any KGB business anyways, just the Russian branch of Hydra.

Her "do you remember me?" line was referring to the time he assassinated her detail when he shot him through her.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-07-2016, 07:17 PM
Her "do you remember me?" line was referring to the time he assassinated her detail when he shot him through her.

Plus when she attacked him in the causeway scene.

plastroncafe
05-07-2016, 07:20 PM
Maybe, but boy it sure did seem far more tender a moment than that.
I dunno...I'm sticking to my interpretation.

NinjaPug
05-07-2016, 07:26 PM
Maybe, but boy it sure did seem far more tender a moment than that.
I dunno...I'm sticking to my interpretation.

I agree with you. Her comment seemed a lot more personal than simply "hey, remember that time you tried to kill me?"

Spike Spiegel
05-08-2016, 11:25 AM
I would much rather see a Black Widow movie over a Captain Marvel movie.

It will be interesting to see what phase 3 finally ends up as.

Splinter the boss
05-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Great, I love the character.

drgon78
05-09-2016, 05:08 AM
I not a big fan of Black Widow. I might see it but I would prefer a Scarlet Witch, Daisy/Quake, She-Hulk, Tigra, Miss Marvel, and Jungle Girl movies.

THGhost
05-09-2016, 08:10 AM
As long as the Russo bros direct it, they feel like the best fit.

ToTheNines
05-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Remember when EMH adapted Secret Invasion? And they had Fury show up with his team of Widow, Quake and Mockingbird?

I'd totally watch that as a movie.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-09-2016, 06:57 PM
I feel like Marvel has already used up that sort of "big twist" in revealing so many SHIELD agents were working for Hydra. It'd be more of the same if - gasp! - some characters we've sort of known from these films are actually Skrulls in disguise.

But assuming Marvel gets the FF rights back sometime, I'd love to see them bring in Skrulls at some point.

THGhost
05-11-2016, 07:59 PM
I feel like Marvel has already used up that sort of "big twist" in revealing so many SHIELD agents were working for Hydra. It'd be more of the same if - gasp! - some characters we've sort of known from these films are actually Skrulls in disguise.

But assuming Marvel gets the FF rights back sometime, I'd love to see them bring in Skrulls at some point.

That'd be awesome, or maybe have 1 of them get taken over by something and turn evil.

JakeSully
05-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Should be nice! yet i want Tigra to co-star in it since she is one of my fave Marvel ladies.