PDA

View Full Version : Build A Bear 2

IndigoErth
05-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Looks like Build A Bear is doing a second new set of Turtles and accessories.

http://www.buildabear.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/?sc_hpan=mailer_Spr_2016_TMNT_IP

http://i.imgur.com/GH5qfZe.jpg

Two face options for each, two new shirts - a green Nick one and a pink '87 design - optional pizza scent, sound options with one for each with several sayings, a plush-looking pizza accessory, and a space suit. :D

http://i.imgur.com/r6tEybt.jpg

thundermaster612
05-12-2016, 04:55 PM
I absolutely refuse to miss these just like I missed the first line

Candy Kappa
05-12-2016, 05:48 PM
The build a bear store died out where I live, managed to snag a Donnie before they closed down...

IndigoErth
05-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Aw, that sucks yours closed. :ohwell: Glad you were able to get Donnie before then. Mine is the only one in the whole state so I hope it continues to do well enough.

Reminds me that it moved to a different spot in the mall last year -- presumably bigger, it was tiny before and prob can't go smaller unless they moved to a maintenance closet lol -- so I hope that's a good sign. If nothing else I might need that pizza accessory (and maybe the space suit for its uniqueness factor) and go check out their new place.

Powder
05-12-2016, 06:11 PM
Cute stuff. Pizza scent? What a wacky world.

VaughnMichael
05-13-2016, 01:29 PM
They should do Dream Beaver ones :lol:

plastroncafe
05-13-2016, 01:36 PM
I would absolutely rent a car just to go to a Build-a-Bear to get a Dream Beaver.

IndigoErth
05-13-2016, 01:48 PM
That would be awesome. The fact that no one has made plush ones yet is shameful. And ICK.

The Deadman
05-13-2016, 01:59 PM
I for some reason want one of these.

TheCanadiandrome
05-14-2016, 01:13 PM
I absolutely refuse to miss these just like I missed the first line

oh man so u can't still get the first line as well? :ohwell:

Mew
05-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Pizza scent can't be want you wanna smell in a plush.

EddieNES
05-14-2016, 01:27 PM
Wonder if they'd let me take my original 4 in and get the voice box upgrade.

Unworthy tinker
05-14-2016, 04:47 PM

I think you can do that. Dunno, I have this really old BAB, and its voice box stopped working properly (turns out it's better to wake up to monkey noises than an odd creaky sound), so a while back I went in and asked. I bought a new voice box, and could come in any time with my doll to put it in supposedly. Since I haven't actually done it, I'm not sure if it can still be done, but I'd imagine you still can.

Edit: what's with the little smiley face on my post? I didn't put that there...

Mew
05-14-2016, 06:33 PM
I think you can do that. Dunno, I have this really old BAB, and its voice box stopped working properly (turns out it's better to wake up to monkey noises than an odd creaky sound), so a while back I went in and asked. I bought a new voice box, and could come in any time with my doll to put it in supposedly. Since I haven't actually done it, I'm not sure if it can still be done, but I'd imagine you still can.

Edit: what's with the little smiley face on my post? I didn't put that there...

You accidentally pushed a Post Icon button when you posted this post.

IndigoErth
05-15-2016, 05:32 PM
I was wondering the same since I believe you can go get them re-fluffed if need be.

Gunstar_Red
05-16-2016, 02:21 AM
Yes, you can upgrade and refluff your plushies. I believe they can also change batteries too.

On a similar note, if you have your receipt, you can also return plushies within a certain time frame even though they are technically custom made items. I think that's neat.

If you don't have a BAB near you, they do online orders too. You can also specify how much stuffing you want (or even have it unstuffed).

MikeyMike
06-25-2016, 03:28 PM
(I know this thread is a bit old, but I go to buildabear all the time, so I know a lot!)

Buildabear will replace the sound box if it is broken, but they don't change the batteries. Not sure if that's even possible. So if you have the first release of the turtles with the sound, I don't think you can get those replaced. But I haven't heard the new sounds, so I'm not sure if they are the same.

You can also get your bear restuffed. I am pretty sure it's free, but I haven't needed to do it, so I could be wrong. They also do repairs. If your bear has a hole in it, they stitch it up for free. But if it is missing an eye or something, they take it to the 'bear hospital'. I had some friends try to do it one time, but there are stories that people never got their bear back. So I wouldn't recommend it.

On the other side, I may be getting Mikey for my birthday this week! If not, I will be getting him with birthday money. I missed out last time, so I'm not missing out again!

thundermaster612
06-25-2016, 03:47 PM
oh man so u can't still get the first line as well? :ohwell:

Yea, are these out yet?

tmntman
06-25-2016, 05:54 PM
Yea, are these out yet?

The flipz versions have been out for at least a month. And when I picked up my set they no longer carried the first series.

snake
06-25-2016, 06:03 PM
They should do Dream Beaver ones :lol:

Dude. Good idea.

Ice Cream Kitty seems ripe for the BAB treatment as well.

IndigoErth
06-25-2016, 06:19 PM
Yeah, the first line is gone. Saw the new ones in the store a few weeks ago when I stopped in. Prob only place to grab the first ones now is eBay

TheCanadiandrome
06-25-2016, 08:05 PM
ah crap! naturally

MikeyMike
06-25-2016, 08:30 PM
The flipz versions have been out for at least a month. And when I picked up my set they no longer carried the first series.

Yeah, I was in buildabear a couple weeks ago and they only had the new releases. Buildabear doesn't keep their plushies out very long, especially if they don't do very good with sales. But like the Star Wars and My Little Pony, they keep the ones that are the most popular for a good length of time. The ponies have been out for a few years!

I'm just glad they brought back the turtles! And it looks like they might stay longer with the new movie being out now.

IndigoErth
06-25-2016, 09:09 PM
Was just looking at their website and btw they have a code on there currently for 2 Turtles for $40 [2TMNT1] or all 4 for $60 [4TMNT1]. Not bad, given that they're $28 individually. :)

Wasn't sure how the new scent options worked, just read this:
This pizza scented bear disk makes your furry friend smell yummy! Disk will be inserted into furry friend's paw.
That actually makes sense, esp if it's Mikey... add in the little plush pizza accessory and it makes sense that his hands smell like pizza. :tlol: Wonder how long it lasts.