PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite and least favorite Pokémon types?

Prowler
05-12-2016, 07:06 PM
We've all talked about our favorite Pokémon several times before, but I don't recall there ever being a thread dedicated to Pokémon types in particular. So, what are your favorite and least favorite Pokémon types?

To be honest, I don't think I have a definite favorite Pokémon type. In most types there's Pokémon I like and dislike. But I guess I tend to like Electric and Psychic Pokémon the most. Fighting would come as a distant 3rd.

My least favorite type? Bug by far. I just don't like bugs, period :lol:. Not a fan of Ghost Pokémon either. So that one would come in 2nd. And then Rock. I'm not big on Poison Pokémon either, but those are usually also Bug or Grass types. And speaking of Grass type, I think it gets some undeserved hate, even though it has a lot of weaknesses.

The other types all lie somewhere in the middle since there's many Pokémon I like and don't like of those types. I'd say that Normal is low on that scale, but I give it that they have high HP and are quite versatile when it comes to learning moves that aren't of their type. And Water are close to my top 3 due to having some powerful attacks such as Bubblebeam and many of them being able to learn ice moves such as blizzard and ice beam. That comes really in handy.

What about you?

Powder
05-12-2016, 07:18 PM
Grass, ghost, & normal. A lot of my favorites fall under those types.

Prowler
05-12-2016, 07:21 PM
Grass, ghost, & normal. A lot of my favorites fall under those types.
Is one of your grass favorites Bulbasaur and his evolutions?

And what are the Normals you like?

Powder
05-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Absolutely! I always pick the grass starters, but my love for Bulbasaur isn't just nostalgia, I genuinely like the look of that evolutionary line. Pansage is my #1 grass type Pokemon though. Tangrowth is another contender.

Porygon, Lickitung, & Togekiss are among my top 5 all time favorites, & they're normal types (well, Togekiss was half normal, which has been changed to fairy, but still). Always loved Slowpoke, too.

Prowler
05-12-2016, 07:49 PM
Absolutely! I always pick the grass starters, but my love for Bulbasaur isn't just nostalgia, I genuinely like the look of that evolutionary line. Pansage is my #1 grass type Pokemon though. Tangrowth is another contender.

Porygon, Lickitung, & Togekiss are among my top 5 all time favorites, & they're normal types (well, Togekiss was half normal, which has been changed to fairy, but still). Always loved Slowpoke, too.
of all the times I've played Red, I definitely picked Bulbasaur the most times. I really love the razor leaf attack. Then Charmander. Only picked Squirtle a couple of times. Not that I dislike him. It just happened I guess. I kept the three of them in my party in Yellow until the end.

Other grass Pokémon I've liked? Bellsprout and its evolutions.

Slowpoke wasn't a Normal type. He was a Water/Psychic Pokémon. I liked him and Slowbro a lot. Same for Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam and Drowzee/Hypno.

Most people seem to dislike grass starters.

Cure
05-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Ghost types for me. I loooove Chandelure and Aegislash.

There aren't any types I really dislike.

FredWolfLeonardo
05-12-2016, 08:07 PM
I don't have any least favourite types but my most favourite are psychic, fire and dragon.

Cryomancer
05-12-2016, 09:06 PM
I like Ice, Steel, and Ghost. I like grass starters most of the time.

Dislike fire and flying, generally.

Wesley
05-13-2016, 11:33 AM
My favourite types are Dragon, Ghost and Water. I don't like most Grass, Fire, Poison, Ice and Steel types. The other types are somewhere in between.

Ninjinister
05-13-2016, 12:09 PM
Bug and Fighting are favorites. Don't really have a least favorite.

The Deadman
05-13-2016, 12:12 PM
Dont really have a preference but I do favor the Water types.

Unworthy tinker
05-13-2016, 02:29 PM
Psychic. Most of my favorites are based off of my experience with Pokemon before finally getting a main series game, so I can't really say I have a favorite type, but looking at what most of my favorites are, I suppose Psychic.

Far as least favorite, dunno. For me it depends on the Pokemon overall, not just its typing.

turtle1237
05-14-2016, 02:00 PM
We've all talked about our favorite Pokémon several times before, but I don't recall there ever being a thread dedicated to Pokémon types in particular. So, what are your favorite and least favorite Pokémon types?

To be honest, I don't think I have a definite favorite Pokémon type. In most types there's Pokémon I like and dislike. But I guess I tend to like Electric and Psychic Pokémon the most. Fighting would come as a distant 3rd.

My least favorite type? Bug by far. I just don't like bugs, period :lol:. Not a fan of Ghost Pokémon either. So that one would come in 2nd. And then Rock. I'm not big on Poison Pokémon either, but those are usually also Bug or Grass types. And speaking of Grass type, I think it gets some undeserved hate, even though it has a lot of weaknesses.

The other types all lie somewhere in the middle since there's many Pokémon I like and don't like of those types. I'd say that Normal is low on that scale, but I give it that they have high HP and are quite versatile when it comes to learning moves that aren't of their type. And Water are close to my top 3 due to having some powerful attacks such as Bubblebeam and many of them being able to learn ice moves such as blizzard and ice beam. That comes really in handy.

What about you?

You don't like rock and bug? But what about the great Shuckle? Every team needs at least 1 Shuckle. If I used 6 Shuckles, I be unstoppable, but that would be unfair, so I use one Shuckle on my team. Shuckle is one of my faves.

chrisdude
05-15-2016, 08:19 PM
Bugs. They're there only type I feel compelled to catch all of.i think, in the new game, I'm gonna name myself Bugs.

MikeandRaph87
05-15-2016, 08:25 PM
Water is my favorite. I always choose the water type when starting a game and even when I get the other two starters of the generation the water starter is my team leader. Ash's Squirtle was my favorite character from the anime and yes it is a Ninja Turtles influence that made him my favorite. I own this shirt after all.
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0284/5558/products/TMNS_-_Shirt_1024x1024.jpg?v=1400604249

Also, Blastoise is my favorite Pok'emon overall to play in the games. He is still a force 7 generations in.

Honorable mentions would be Fire and Psychic.

Netkeeper
05-16-2016, 06:23 PM
Electric and Ice are my favourite types, and I like Grass starters. I probably use Dark types more than anything else though.

Prowler
05-18-2016, 09:52 PM
You don't like rock and bug? But what about the great Shuckle? Every team needs at least 1 Shuckle. If I used 6 Shuckles, I be unstoppable, but that would be unfair, so I use one Shuckle on my team. Shuckle is one of my faves.
Never used him so I dunno. But I guess in every type you can find a Poké or two that you like.

turtle1237
05-19-2016, 10:15 AM
Never used him so I dunno. But I guess in every type you can find a Poké or two that you like.

I have Hidden ability set, it can destroy a team if the other guy does not know what's coming. Yeah you can beat the set, steel types are the most worry.

But my main set is the simple sticky web and stealth rocks, one of the few mons to get both hazards. encore can stop a set up if predicted. It takes a lot of mind games.

Mew
05-19-2016, 01:58 PM
My starter is always a water type. I dislike grass types as a starter. But I like Fighting and Ghost types.

turtle1237
06-12-2016, 01:30 PM
My starter is always a water type. I dislike grass types as a starter. But I like Fighting and Ghost types.

I don't have a one type starter

Gen 1 Blastoise
Gen 2, feraligatr
It would seem at this movement, I was a water starter guy lol. But noo, the next 2 gens, I went with grass, It was a cool lizard and a turtle lol.

gen 5, I went fire with Emboar, and gen 6 was fire also.

Electric
06-12-2016, 02:33 PM
Grass is by far my favorite, with Steel and Dark right behind it.

Least favorites are rock, fighting and water.

Ironically enough, while a few of them I like, I'm not a huge fan of Electric types