PDA

View Full Version : Baytles From a Meta-Perspective

miru
05-15-2016, 07:50 PM
Something intriguing I read on TV Tropes:

"With the release of the trailer for the sequel, in retrospect this film resembles the original Mirage comic. The Turtles have rougher, more animalistic models of the turtles; the enemies are realistic rather than cartoonish ninjas (although even in the Mirage comic they didn't use guns); and the Shredder is a relatively unimportant Starter Villain who isn't even unmasked and dies at the end of the issue. With Out of The Shadows adopting a look more reminiscent of the original cartoon, the films almost seem like a meta-retrospective of the franchise. "

This is actually quite interesting to see play out.

Powder
05-15-2016, 08:21 PM
Whoever wrote that is a doodoo head.

ToTheNines
05-15-2016, 08:24 PM
Literally everything they said was inaccurate.

TrickOrTreater
05-15-2016, 08:42 PM
I had to stop reading that halfway through because my eyes started bleeding.

Utrommaniac
05-15-2016, 08:47 PM
I'm pretty sure this should suffice for the majority of feelings around that.
zIdvMjbf9gQ

Foombamaroom
05-15-2016, 10:06 PM
"The Turtles have rougher, more animalistic models of the turtles."

I don't know what the **** kinda Turtles this guy is looking at, but they sure as hell don't look like the Shrek-Hulk hybrids we saw in the movie.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
05-16-2016, 12:15 AM
Something intriguing I read on TV Tropes:

"With the release of the trailer for the sequel, in retrospect this film resembles the original Mirage comic.

So which original Mirage comic had anything ala 'Mikey getting stuck in a sewer tunnel, farting in his brothers' faces, and blaming it on Pizza'?

Forgive me...I haven't read the comics in forever. But perhaps the person who wrote that can give me a few pointers on the 'meta' of that sequence/event in relation to the original Mirage comic?

Candy Kappa
05-16-2016, 01:53 AM
what the actual ****?

ToTheNines
05-16-2016, 04:41 AM
One thing in the first movie that I felt was really allegorical was at the beginning when Vern was ranting about "froth". It was basically their admission that this movie was a poorly thought out, CGI crapfest for simpletons, but it was loud, colorful and had explosions. So shut up and watch it.

plastroncafe
05-16-2016, 07:06 AM
Bad meta is sad meta.

d_osborn
05-16-2016, 09:09 AM
BAYTLES. It sounds like a Michael Bay biopic for The Beatles.

IndigoErth
05-16-2016, 09:46 AM
So the ones that lean a bit more toward human than other versions are thus more animalistic looking. Ah. :tconfuse:

I suppose that works.

...if it was making a covert observation and statement of the behavior and state of humanity. (But Bebop and Rocksteady are far better depictions. The Turtles are better people than much of humanity.)

BAYTLES. It sounds like a Michael Bay biopic for The Beatles.
Well they did have a cartoon for a while, right? Realistic CGI, but based on the cartoony designs, add actors who can immediate their voices, be inspired by the worst cartoon episodes, make stupid choices/mistakes that make lifelong fans upset - I can see it now.

plastroncafe
05-16-2016, 10:03 AM

I kind of want a Platinum Dunes produced biopic of the Beatles.

THE BRITISH INVASION!

IndigoErth
05-16-2016, 10:13 AM
"In a world... where music has become mankind's most deadly weapon (because science)..."