PDA

View Full Version : Official TMNT: Out Of The Shadows Review Thread (There Might Be Spoilers)

Pages : [1] 2 3

TigerClaw
05-16-2016, 01:56 PM
This will be the official thread for all reviews regarding TMNT: Out Of The Shadows, the sequel will have an advance screening on Saturday May 21st in LA, followed by the official premiere on Sunday May 22nd in NYC.

Be sure to use the Spoiler tag when talking about specific scenes, or plot points.

Someone needs to sticky this thread.

Vicky82
05-21-2016, 03:29 PM
Someone has seen it and he's happy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjAc1XsUgAEwhhu.jpg

Andre Meadows ‏@BlackNerd 1m
It's official! I have seen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out of the Shadows! Cowabunga! #TMNT2

https://twitter.com/BlackNerd/status/734118449052454912

LeotheLateBloomer
05-21-2016, 03:38 PM
Bare in mind, Andre may have a different perspective of TMNT in general than we do.

TrickOrTreater
05-21-2016, 03:40 PM
Bare in mind, Andre may have a different perspective of TMNT in general than we do.

like all the interviews and access he was granted.

Don't blame him, I probably would too.

But yeah.

Vicky82
05-21-2016, 03:40 PM

I don't think he enjoyed the last movie though.

letscook89
05-21-2016, 03:47 PM

Concerning the last movie he said he enjoyed the turtles parts and wanted more of it.

Autbot_Benz
05-21-2016, 03:47 PM

Andre hated the first movie from his review of it.

TigerClaw
05-21-2016, 04:32 PM
Someone has seen it and he's happy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjAc1XsUgAEwhhu.jpg

Andre Meadows ‏@BlackNerd 1m
It's official! I have seen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out of the Shadows! Cowabunga! #TMNT2

https://twitter.com/BlackNerd/status/734118449052454912
Andre does some videos for Regal Cinema, so they most likely hooked him up for a press screening.

Foombamaroom
05-21-2016, 04:34 PM
As much as I like Andre, he's probably going to be paid to like this one.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-21-2016, 04:37 PM

With all the prior exclusive treatment, attention, and perks he's received, I highly doubt he went into this one with an impartial and unbiased attitude.

Still. He's a nice guy, and I'd quite likely do the same.

Foombamaroom
05-21-2016, 04:40 PM
With all the prior exclusive treatment, attention, and perks he's received, I highly doubt he went into this one with an impartial and unbiased attitude.

Yeah, agreed. I don't think you can blame him because he really is living the dream. He gets to go to all of the premieres of movies and see them early and what not, plus he gets a lot of exclusive content. AND he's making money from YouTube. Dude's living the life, and he's a really nice guy.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-21-2016, 04:55 PM
Yeah, agreed. I don't think you can blame him because he really is living the dream. He gets to go to all of the premieres of movies and see them early and what not, plus he gets a lot of exclusive content. AND he's making money from YouTube. Dude's living the life, and he's a really nice guy.

Exactly. His review isn't going to mean anything to me in terms of the movie's actual quality, but I don't hold it against him. Andre is living the dream.

If only the movies were actually good, that dream would be so much better. :tlol:

sdp
05-21-2016, 05:09 PM
I remember watching his review of the first one and he liked it. For all the flaws he found he thought the turtles worked very well and I agreed with him and his views. But yeah it's not like he hated the first movie for those who do hate it.

I do think he's overly positive on things even if not in a maleficent way. I mean if he's invited to an event about something he loves he'll automatically think it was a great time even if he didn't mean to be biased. This is why almost all early reviews are positive. I used to like him more before but yeah he's definitely a promotional tool for companies so I don't really trust his opinions not because they pay him but like someone mentioned "he's living the dream", being paid to geek out over stuff. I enjoyed his "i'm an awkward nerd" videos he did before more.

I liked the first one for the most part, it had flaws and I think this one will be good for me but we'll see. I won't even look at the reviews before I see it. I want an unbiased watch and even reading a negative review makes you already go expecting something

Foombamaroom
05-21-2016, 05:38 PM
If I were to summarize his review of the first movie in one sentence, it'd be something like: "It was a bad movie, but I had a fun time with it."

I know that he, along with a lot of people, enjoyed the second half of the movie where it was more Turtle-focused, but I don't think he really loved the movie.

TigerClaw
05-21-2016, 05:42 PM
I thought this would be more appropriate here, sethmartin got to see the film in LA.
I know a lot of cynical people on here are going to assume that I'm just some lame lover of all things turtles and can't admit when something is bad. Keep in mind though, that I trashed the last film on numerous occasions, had the same gripes and complaints as a lot of people on here, and I also thought the turtles turning human concept was ridiculous, and figured that this new film was just a movie done by committee and might be fun but wasn't going to be anything special.

That being said, I'm still sitting here dumbfounded over how impressed I was with this movie. I'm still processing it so I'll do a full review tonight. Right now just a few things...

This is NOT an April and Casey movie featuring the turtles. In fact, they have very few scenes where there isn't a turtle or a villain present. The turtles are the stars. When they aren't on the screen, it's usually the villains who spend a lot of time together so it never felt like an overstock of characters.

Pete Ploznek is Leonardo. There's no Johnny Knoxville. Also Leo carrys a bulk of the serious scenes in the movie. Pete is excellent

The turtles are more developed, and since you spend so much more time with them, they actually get to shine in their signature traits rather than last time where things like raph being angry or Donnie being smart felt shoehorned in.

There's no Eric Sacks and not even a mention of his character.

There are some stupid jokes here and there like raph hitting the plane, turtle winking, etc. but they are pretty few and far between and they made all the little kids laugh. For the most part, the movie carrys itself as a pretty serious action/ sci fi film.

The turtles aren't running around in the open like some of the trailers made it seem.

Krang is awesome. Much more serious than the 80s show but still the same character. Tyler perry is also not as cartoony as he was in the trailer. Shredder is a badass.

The movie isn't as predictable as you might think even with all of the trailers and tv spots. There's lots of surprises. Most of the callbacks to previous turtles projects feel more natural this time. The movie is shot better. There are a few shots that actually reminded me of panels from the early comics. the music is fantastic! Not only is the score better but there's also a full soundtrack of great songs.

Basically, it felt like a ninja turtles movie. I loved the ending too
It sounds very promising.

CyberCubed
05-21-2016, 07:55 PM
Being better than the first one isn't much of a compliment.

sethmartin
05-21-2016, 08:24 PM
I enjoy Andre. Looking forward to his review.

pdizzle
05-21-2016, 08:43 PM
I enjoy Andre. Looking forward to his review.

Are u still going to give a full review tonight?

Commenter 42
05-21-2016, 09:49 PM

Just the slightest of understatements. :lol::lol::lol:

Still. He's a nice guy, and I'd quite likely do the same.'

Just a smidge.

Vicky82
05-22-2016, 03:53 PM
Found a movie review

http://www.cestlaviekarina.com/2016/05/tmnt-2-movie-review.html

Before I start I have to say that I've always been a TMNT fan, since the early 90's when they first came out and my little brother thought they were the best thing ever. Then came my son in 2003 and we were able to pass along the turtle love. It's been a blast watching these movies come out on the big screen and evolve. Well with that said, I've never been more in love with the turtles like I am now.
They truly made me fall in love with them all over again last night.
The TMNT 2 is the best one yet. We were laughing, dancing and enjoying every single action sequence that had us squealing for more.
Oh and not to mention that it takes place in the best city ever, yes, this might take me look a little bias. Since I do love my city so much, but there's just something so amazing about seeing the turtles kicking butt in the big apple.
It was great seeing an amazing character like Kraang, come to life. Rocksteady and Bebop are not to be left behind. Seeing them on the big screen and not in cartoon form is also very cool and breathtaking for this original turtle lover.
This movie delivered in every way. My mom who is not that big a fan of action movies, left the movie theater loving this one. She said it was just perfect. There are no words for me to explain what it is about this movie but the turtles are seriously better than ever. So cute and green.
Of course a turtle is not complete without its team of human sidekicks and every single one in this movie is great. From April O'neil to mister Casey Jones. All swoon worthy and a perfect combination to this movie.
I will not give away any spoilers, except for one. Which is you better be ready to clap at every single scene. We were all clapping and laughing out loud. First time it is so loud in a good way at a movie theater. It was contagious I tell you. We were also all dancing at the end when the original TMNT song came on.
Your family will love the TMNT and if you know someone who is not that big of a fan, I doubt there is one. Make sure to take him or her also and watch their turtle faith be restored.

TrickOrTreater
05-22-2016, 03:57 PM
Having such a strange case of deja vu.

Like...to around a week or two before August 7th 2014...haha kinda arbitrary date right?!

Sabacooza
05-22-2016, 04:04 PM
Found a movie review

http://www.cestlaviekarina.com/2016/05/tmnt-2-movie-review.htmlkind of ridiculous really and over the top. There have been movies that I've really liked and never once have I cheered, clapped or got up and danced. I guess some have more self control than others.

TrickOrTreater
05-22-2016, 04:06 PM
kind of ridiculous really and over the top. There have been movies that I've really liked and never once have I cheered, clapped or got up and danced. I guess some have more self control than others.

And not only that, but at "every scene."

I had a fantastic time at Deadpool and dear god did I not clap and dance after every scene.

Vicky82
05-22-2016, 04:09 PM
Having such a strange case of deja vu.

Like...to around a week or two before August 7th 2014...haha kinda arbitrary date right?!

There was a lot of negative fans reactions too, only posted a few at the time.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-22-2016, 04:09 PM
I want to vomit reading all of this. Guh. No wonder Trump's in the lead for next US President.

Sabacooza
05-22-2016, 04:10 PM
And not only that, but at "every scene."

I had a fantastic time at Deadpool and dear god did I not clap and dance after every scene.I know. That would be so damn annoying. I go to a movie and hope to deal with the least amount of distraction possible. Getting all crazy like that for a freaking movie is rude and obnoxious.

TrickOrTreater
05-22-2016, 04:15 PM
There was a lot of negative fans reactions too, only posted a few at the time.

Ha no, there really wasn't.

This early out, during premieres and special events, it was nearly nothing but positive reactions. Very few negative reviews that I can remember.

Until the movie came out and the review embargo was lifted.

THEN the non-overly hyped, truthful reviews started coming in.

Vegita-San
05-22-2016, 04:24 PM
I do think he's overly positive on things even if not in a maleficent way. I mean if he's invited to an event about something he loves he'll automatically think it was a great time even if he didn't mean to be biased. This is why almost all early reviews are positive. I used to like him more before but yeah he's definitely a promotional tool for companies so I don't really trust his opinions not because they pay him but like someone mentioned "he's living the dream", being paid to geek out over stuff. I enjoyed his "i'm an awkward nerd" videos he did before more.

pretty much my thoughts on andre. I liked him a whole lot better and trusted his judgment a little more before he became either paid by the studios, or a 'trusted reviewer' of studio stuff.

Although I don't hold it against him. I truly believe he's trying to be genuine, but it's a little hard to be 100% truthful when the studio is letting you in to see classic 80s VA's record lines and let you film them while doing it ;o)..

this is why I'm not doing that same kind of stuff. 1 - I hate watching myself on camera, so I wouldn't be trying to do it anyway. But 2 - I'm viewed by the millenial crowd as way too overly critical. I like what I like, and anything that deviates from it even a little, I will tell you. vocally, while still trying to be nice about it (unless i'm in overload, like I am with feigbusters nonsense)

I just couldn't live with myself if a studio invited me to a premier and I Said 'look, guys, I know i've been bashing this for months, but, they did everything right' ;o).

it's funny in this world of social media 'fan stars'. a kid I helped out hosting a website in the ghostbusters world is the andre of ghostbusters fans. overtly positive, yet still willing to admit if he's wrong. but he goes one step farther and will like anything with a GB logo slapped on it, even going so far as to tell me i can't judge paul feig movies based on the trailer alone, Ihave to watch them first. I watched a paul feig movie. I no longer trust his judgment on things ;o). My ability to judge a crappy movie by a crappy trailer is intact ;o).

I expect TMNT 2 to be a guilty pleasure movie. you can ignore the bad meghan fox attempts at acting(look, her face is about to try an expression of emotion! almost got it girl!). you can ignore the bad turtle designs. you can ignore that bay is a total asshat. You can ignore that china invested some money in this movie if reports are true. If they at least TRY to make it seem like a turtle movie, MAYBE you can turn your brain off for 2 hours and enjoy it. unlike the first one, which should have all copies of it burned in a ceremonial fire right next to the power rangers cross over.

But, it could also be that I'm just so bummed out by bad movies lately. batman vrs superman, JJ Abhrams star trek. Bay Turtles. FeigBusters...that i'm starting to be worn down and turned into a 'casual denominator' of movie viewers...

I just hope Krang doesn't sound like Lobo or i'll expect 'raymond' to make a walk on.

Vicky82
05-22-2016, 04:32 PM
The premier has finished. Reactions on Twitter are showing up now.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=tmnt2&src=typd

Xav
05-22-2016, 04:35 PM
Found a movie review

http://www.cestlaviekarina.com/2016/05/tmnt-2-movie-review.htmlThat link doesn't work.

Vicky82
05-22-2016, 04:39 PM
That link doesn't work.

It does work, it looked like he's taken it down.

Candy Kappa
05-22-2016, 05:01 PM
I want to vomit reading all of this. Guh. No wonder Trump's in the lead for next US President.

He can make Turtles great again.

Vegita-San
05-22-2016, 05:10 PM
Ha no, there really wasn't.

This early out, during premieres and special events, it was nearly nothing but positive reactions. Very few negative reviews that I can remember.

Until the movie came out and the review embargo was lifted.

THEN the non-overly hyped, truthful reviews started coming in.

I've found with things like feigbusters, they somehow find the right fans to bring out for these pre screenings. with nearly all the internet against it from the start, they somehow found 200 positive people to show up to a trailer screening, and managed to make a nice gag inducing 2 minute video of everyone going ga ga over it.

these days, i don't put much faith in screening reviews.
only from people I trust who I know either can't be bought, or will tell it true no matter what, which is very few

TrickOrTreater
05-22-2016, 05:17 PM
I've found with things like feigbusters, they somehow find the right fans to bring out for these pre screenings. with nearly all the internet against it from the start, they somehow found 200 positive people to show up to a trailer screening, and managed to make a nice gag inducing 2 minute video of everyone going ga ga over it.

these days, i don't put much faith in screening reviews.
only from people I trust who I know either can't be bought, or will tell it true no matter what, which is very few

Oh I have no faith in that one at all.

Not only are the trailers awful, but story elements leaked that are, based on the trailers, completely true. And those are awful too.

Not to get too off topic or derail the thread but here's a taste of the crap pie:

The main villain makes all the police and military guys dance in a big Thriller-type dance number toward the climax of the movie.

Vicky82
05-22-2016, 05:21 PM
I was hoping the critic reviews would show up before I go to bed but that hasn't happened. Will have to check in the morning.

CyberCubed
05-22-2016, 05:22 PM
I can't believe they didn't retcon the nostrils.

DioLeo451
05-22-2016, 05:25 PM
I can't believe they didn't retcon the nostrils.
Let it Goooooooo

TrickOrTreater
05-22-2016, 05:27 PM
I was hoping the critic reviews would show up before I go to bed but that hasn't happened. Will have to check in the morning.

Why would it? Has it been announced the review embargoes will be lifted soon?

Otherwise don't expect them to be lifted until closer to the release.

Vegita-San
05-22-2016, 05:31 PM
Oh I have no faith in that one at all.

Not only are the trailers awful, but story elements leaked that are, based on the trailers, completely true. And those are awful too.

Not to get too off topic or derail the thread but here's a taste of the crap pie:

The main villain makes all the police and military guys dance in a big Thriller-type dance number toward the climax of the movie.

supposedly that's been cut. sigh. I want all the bad stuff left in to make the last year of angst worth it. then you'll have all the 'supporters' say 'see? we told you it wasn't true/not bad'..

for me, shredder, krang, bebop, rocksteady, never left my consciousness. I can't get excited about something that kind of resembles them on the big screen, because the REAL versions of them never left my field of vision. I especially can't get excited when the people bringing them to screen know and care so little that the original wanted to make the mutants aliens.

And ESPECIALLY when the only reason they start to care about the fans, is when their first vision flops so badly they have to try and win people back with lots of fan service.. smacks of hollywood hypocrisy, so why support it?

CyberCubed
05-22-2016, 05:32 PM
Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady look the most true to their characters among anything else in the movie. Sure Bebop is fat this time around, but it doesn't matter since the Nick cartoon made him skinny.

Vicky82
05-22-2016, 11:56 PM
Why would it? Has it been announced the review embargoes will be lifted soon?

Otherwise don't expect them to be lifted until closer to the release.

Well when they lift it, it will be before May 30th.

TrickOrTreater
05-23-2016, 01:03 AM
Well when they lift it, it will be before May 30th.

Why would it be before May 30th?

Vicky82
05-23-2016, 04:48 AM
Why would it be before May 30th?

Because that's the UK release date and I go see it.

Mew
05-23-2016, 04:55 AM
There is still one question.

Will this be a rather nice film?

Etsyturtle2
05-23-2016, 05:18 AM
There is still one question.

Will this be a rather nice film?

yes.
------

pdizzle
05-23-2016, 02:02 PM
More youtube reviews....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rxB8RJ59azs

This next one has spoilers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FCQAge7NJUo

Mew
05-23-2016, 02:11 PM
yes.
------

I'd hope so, good sir that stole my signature.

Leolead
05-24-2016, 03:48 AM
I thought this would be more appropriate here, sethmartin got to see the film in LA.

It sounds very promising.

Sounds pretty sweet

Etsyturtle2
05-24-2016, 05:24 AM
I'd hope so, good sir that stole my signature.

I have a completely different signature with more effort put into it..

letscook89
05-24-2016, 02:19 PM

Your signature is the best

Etsyturtle2
05-24-2016, 02:56 PM
Your signature is the best

thanks!

-------

MsMarvelDuckie
05-25-2016, 10:33 AM

How is a simple paste job "more effort"? You stuck movie Krang into his cartoon body. Woohoo. His is at least creative and added something to tbe image. And he made it funny.

Vicky82
05-25-2016, 10:52 AM
New Movie review not sure if this a fan or critic review though.

http://www.thesewerden.com/2016/05/tmnt-out-of-shadows-movie-review.html

TigerClaw
05-25-2016, 11:14 AM

The Sewer Den is one of the popular TMNT fansites, also this review is non spoiler, so it's ok to read.

Galactus
05-25-2016, 11:22 AM

I'd assume someone who writes for a site dedicated to TMNT would be a big fan and he has an entire room of TMNT stuff but that review seems to be written by someone who barely knows the franchise at all.

I'm especially floored by this...

Shredder's most iconic trait is absent for most of Out of the Shadows - his iconic helmet and mask. Fans will be divided over this creative choice, but I liked it. It's an attempt to give our favorite villain more depth. Instead of looking at a lifeless hunk of metal, the audience gets a human face for a change. And this human face belongs to Brian Tee - who does a solid job portraying old chrome dome. The source material prevents Shredder from being anything more than one-note, but Tee's venomous performance is a refreshing spin on the 30+ year old character. In Out of the Shadows, we see Shredder in new situations thanks to ditching the constant use of a helmet and mask.

What on Earth is this person talking about? Sure the helmet was an almost ever present fixture of the 80s animated series (and it's not like he never took it off in that) but every other version has shown that wears the armor mainly for battle, it's hardly a controversial to see him without it and nothing we've seen in the trailers seems to be new territory for the character.

The idea that the "The source material prevents Shredder from being anything more than one-note" is plain wrong. I would say that Shredder's general backstory that both Platinum Dunes movies have rejected gives him some depth and depending on the version varying degrees of it to mine. As Tohoru Masamune pointed when he actually did some research into the original comics you could almost say Shredder is almost a victim himself. Heck even if his only exposure to the franchise was the 80s cartoon and the 90s movie it's not like this element was completely absent in those versions. The long standing feud between Yoshi and Saki was fairly prominent in the Steve Barron movie and the early seasons of the Fred Wolf show.

I'm in awe that an actual fan would argue this point and if it's what he truly believes maybe he should be suggesting the change him after all he's very cool with that...

Stephen Amell gives the character a fresh spin with a different brand of humor. I would never say he's better than Elias Koteas, but his performance is so different that the comparison seems trivial. Experience Casey for who he is in this movie and you'll enjoy it.

Isn't part of the appeal of these movies for fans to see their favorite characters brought to life. What's the point if they are going to just completely reinvent characters?

In principal he's not wrong after all every so often a reinvention comes along that justifies the change but what if this version of Casey falls short of engaging? After all based everything we've seen and heard about Out of the Shadows' version of the character it doesn't sound all that interesting.

Sabacooza
05-25-2016, 11:39 AM
"Raphael isn't dumbed-down to a hothead."

I can appreciate the possible attempt to give the character more depth but instead, they gave him a fear of heights for no other reason than to aid in their stupid drawn out plane splat joke. One step forward three steps back. freaking pathetic.

TrickOrTreater
05-25-2016, 11:41 AM
Jesus Christ, was that person paid for that review? Or is he just so far up the movie's ass that he can't see bottom anymore?

"Yeah just show Shredder's face that'll give him more 'depth.'"

Give me a freaking break.

MrTMNT2012
05-25-2016, 04:04 PM
In principal he's not wrong after all every so often a reinvention comes along that justifies the change but what if this version of Casey falls short of engaging? After all based everything we've seen and heard about Out of the Shadows' version of the character it doesn't sound all that interesting.

This is such a weird assessment...

You recognise the reviewer is right but criticise him based on hypotheticals...even...though...he's...seen the movie....

Etsyturtle2
05-25-2016, 04:15 PM
How is a simple paste job "more effort"? You stuck movie Krang into his cartoon body. Woohoo. His is at least creative and added something to tbe image. And he made it funny.
It's not just paste. I had to cut it, paste it and redraw all the cartoon android body parts back over it and stuff. He just drew an easy top hat and cane.

Besides that, I'm really excited for this movie with all the great reviews!

TrickOrTreater
05-25-2016, 04:22 PM
all the great reviews!

Oh that's gonna change soon.

Mew
05-25-2016, 04:22 PM
My signature is boss.

I like mine better than Etsy's.

Thanks Duckie. :3

Technogeek29
05-25-2016, 04:27 PM
"Raphael isn't dumbed-down to a hothead."

I can appreciate the possible attempt to give the character more depth but instead, they gave him a fear of heights for no other reason than to aid in their stupid drawn out plane splat joke. One step forward three steps back. freaking pathetic.

Couldn't they just have kept his already fear of bugs? little jokes like that would've been fine.

Technogeek29
05-25-2016, 04:29 PM
Jesus Christ, was that person paid for that review? Or is he just so far up the movie's ass that he can't see bottom anymore?

"Yeah just show Shredder's face that'll give him more 'depth.'"

Give me a freaking break.

Want a good Shredder orgin story which still paints him as a victim?

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/0/04/TMNT_SHotFC.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130724041516

Galactus
05-25-2016, 04:38 PM
This is such a weird assessment...

You recognise the reviewer is right but criticise him based on hypotheticals...even...though...he's...seen the movie....

I didn't say he was right. Surely you can see that something can be right in principal but more often than not doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

In this case the reviewer cops that it's natural to compare Elias Koteas performance from the 1990 movie but I would go farther than that is what made that performance so memorable is that it was written to be Casey Jones as he was portrayed in the comics.

Even before we saw anything of Amell's performance people saw that very clean cut image put out there for promotional purposes and instantly felt that it wasn't really Casey Jones as fans wanted him and we've seen since then has added to that impression. Heck everyone relevant to making this movie has openly stated this isn't an accurate representation of Casey Jones proving we were right.

The real hypothetical would be if they actually do a good job because sure it's possible they could completely reinvent the character in way that makes fans care less about the previous version(s) but based on how many times this wholesale reinvention has worked the odds are against it and what we've seen and know of this version so far the actual evidence is working against it.

Etsyturtle2
05-25-2016, 04:51 PM
My signature is boss.

Well, yours is good. I like mine better than yours, but It's a matter of opinion, and you have your own opinion.

Oh that's gonna change soon.

YOU LIE!http://i.makeagif.com/media/12-04-2015/Waxah7.gif

Mew
05-25-2016, 06:14 PM
Well, yours is good. I like mine better than yours, but It's a matter of opinion, and you have your own opinion.

YOU LIE!http://i.makeagif.com/media/12-04-2015/Waxah7.gif
I like your signature as well.

Etsyturtle2
05-25-2016, 06:24 PM
I like your signature as well.

Thanks!:):):)

Mew
05-26-2016, 05:13 AM
Thanks!:):):)
No problem.

Amen.

MrTMNT2012
05-26-2016, 07:11 AM
I didn't say he was right. Surely you can see that something can be right in principal but more often than not doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

In this case the reviewer cops that it's natural to compare Elias Koteas performance from the 1990 movie but I would go farther than that is what made that performance so memorable is that it was written to be Casey Jones as he was portrayed in the comics.

Even before we saw anything of Amell's performance people saw that very clean cut image put out there for promotional purposes and instantly felt that it wasn't really Casey Jones as fans wanted him and we've seen since then has added to that impression. Heck everyone relevant to making this movie has openly stated this isn't an accurate representation of Casey Jones proving we were right.

The real hypothetical would be if they actually do a good job because sure it's possible they could completely reinvent the character in way that makes fans care less about the previous version(s) but based on how many times this wholesale reinvention has worked the odds are against it and what we've seen and know of this version so far the actual evidence is working against it.

The only "evidence" you provided were some loud minority's presumptuously hate-fueled reaction to the character's presentation before they even saw the movie, simply off the fact that Michael Bay's involved.

Surely you can see how that is a bullish!t assessment on the actual character himself. If not, then to each his own.

pdizzle
05-27-2016, 06:20 AM
I take it Andre "the black nerd" is under an embargo too? He's been scarce since he's seen the movie...lol

DioLeo451
05-27-2016, 06:55 AM
I take it Andre "the black nerd" is under an embargo too? He's been scarce since he's seen the movie...lol
Oh man can't wait for his review he's been the most vocal and adamant about this thing since it's announcement

neatoman
05-27-2016, 09:03 AM
Let me predict two possibilities of what Andre's review is going to be:

Positive review

OMG, this movie was so awesome!
Seeing Bebop and Rocksteady in a movie was amazing, oh and Krang, finally got Krang in a movie. Oh man...
There is this one part of the movie where X happens, and all I could think to myself was a reference to something similar to X. Huhuhehehehahaha, oh man...
But oh man, this is the TMNT I always wanted since the 80's, again, it was so awesome to see Bebop and Rocksteady in this movie.
I love you like a play cousin, I'm outie 5000, chainchom yomp!
What did you think of this movie?

"Negative" review:

This Movie was not quite for me...
Seeing Bebop and Rocksteady wasn't really what I expected, niether was Krang, I didn't expect to be just like the 80's cartoon but I wanted better.
There is this one part of the movie where X happens, and all I could think to myself was c'mon, really? What is this, Y movie that few people liked? Joke connecting X to an event from Y. Huhuhehehehahaha, oh man...
If you liked the first one you might like this but it's still not what I want.

Shark_Blade
05-27-2016, 09:29 AM
Let me predict two possibilities of what Andre's review is going to be:

Positive review

OMG, this movie was so awesome!
Seeing Bebop and Rocksteady in a movie was amazing, oh and Krang, finally got Krang in a movie. Oh man...
There is this one part of the movie where X happens, and all I could think to myself was a reference to something similar to X. Huhuhehehehahaha, oh man...
But oh man, this is the TMNT I always wanted since the 80's, again, it was so awesome to see Bebop and Rocksteady in this movie.

"Negative" review:

This Movie was not quite for me...
Seeing Bebop and Rocksteady wasn't really what I expected, niether was Krang, I didn't expect to be just like the 80's cartoon but I wanted better.
There is this one part of the movie where X happens, and all I could think to myself was c'mon, really? What is this, Y movie that few people liked? Joke connecting X to an event from Y. Huhuhehehehahaha, oh man...
If you liked the first one you might like this but it's still not what I want.

I read this with his voice in my head. Perfect. :lol:

sethmartin
05-27-2016, 10:37 AM
I'm waiting for other people on this forum to see the movie. I think I'm the only one. Yes, Shredder is unmasked for most of the movie. At least when he puts the mask on, you can see his eyes. Shredder from 1990 was able to wear a mask and still show emotion because of that. Seeing his face in this movie does make him more sinister and provides a better performance, but I credit that to Brian Tee and not because "seeing his face gives the character more depth" like that one review said.

neatoman
05-27-2016, 11:19 AM
I'm waiting for other people on this forum to see the movie. I think I'm the only one. Yes, Shredder is unmasked for most of the movie. At least when he puts the mask on, you can see his eyes. Shredder from 1990 was able to wear a mask and still show emotion because of that. Seeing his face in this movie does make him more sinister and provides a better performance, but I credit that to Brian Tee and not because "seeing his face gives the character more depth" like that one review said.

Now that you've had a few days to let it sink in, would you say it's a good movie or a bad one?

sethmartin
05-27-2016, 12:34 PM
Now that you've had a few days to let it sink in, would you say it's a good movie or a bad one?

It's definitely not bad. I wouldn't say it's a great film either. It's decent. They got a lot more right as far as tone and source material than last time, so it feels like a ninja turtles movie. It's a fun summer popcorn movie. The kind of movie people will love and then forget about.

neatoman
05-27-2016, 01:12 PM
It's definitely not bad. I wouldn't say it's a great film either. It's decent. They got a lot more right as far as tone and source material than last time, so it feels like a ninja turtles movie. It's a fun summer popcorn movie. The kind of movie people will love and then forget about.

So like Iron Man 2?

sethmartin
05-27-2016, 01:30 PM
So like Iron Man 2?

I never saw that. I'm also not as familiar with marvel characters and stories as much as the turtles. Someone compared it to Ant Man, I think that's pretty fair but without the Marvel charm.

MsMarvelDuckie
05-27-2016, 02:22 PM
It's not just paste. I had to cut it, paste it and redraw all the cartoon android body parts back over it and stuff. He just drew an easy top hat and cane.

Besides that, I'm really excited for this movie with all the great reviews!

IE cut and paste. I have a program (DAZ3D) that does the same thing so you can layer umages. Also- its been done before with other versions. Nithing new there. But to each their own I guess.

My signature is boss.

It really was pretty creative and original. Thats's what I like about your art. It's always fun and eclectic!

Bry
05-27-2016, 02:31 PM

So a mediocre-ish popcorn movie with a bunch of fan-service? I guess that's he best one can expect from a Michael Bay production, but I know I can't/won't lower my standards to meet it. Others' mileage may vary.

I'm expecting this to be an even bigger fanbase-breaker than the last one, honestly. It feels a lot like another missed opportunity to me -- I want a legitimately good movie first and foremost, and this very likely isn't one. A comic movie in the year 2016 can't and shouldn't coast on fan-service alone, y'know?

sethmartin
05-27-2016, 04:09 PM
So a mediocre-ish popcorn movie with a bunch of fan-service? I guess that's he best one can expect from a Michael Bay production, but I know I can't/won't lower my standards to meet it. Others' mileage may vary.

I'm expecting this to be an even bigger fanbase-breaker than the last one, honestly. It feels a lot like another missed opportunity to me -- I want a legitimately good movie first and foremost, and this very likely isn't one. A comic movie in the year 2016 can't and shouldn't coast on fan-service alone, y'know?

I wouldn't call it mediocre. It's definitely enjoyable. It scratches an itch to all the fans that have been waiting 20+ years to see the Technodrome and those characters on the screen. It does a good job of balancing it all. It's worth seeing. It's a much better film than the last in every aspect. However, I don't think a third movie in this series could possibly be better. It didn't feel like the writers and platinum dunes had as much creative control this time to just do whatever they wanted.

Majcvd49
05-27-2016, 07:24 PM
Can you layout what exactly April does in the movie? Does she see any action?

TrickOrTreater
05-27-2016, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't call it mediocre. It's definitely enjoyable. It scratches an itch to all the fans that have been waiting 20+ years to see the Technodrome and those characters on the screen. It does a good job of balancing it all. It's worth seeing. It's a much better film than the last in every aspect. However, I don't think a third movie in this series could possibly be better. It didn't feel like the writers and platinum dunes had as much creative control this time to just do whatever they wanted.

I feel like I can already guess the gist of your review.

"It's not a perfect movie but it sure is a lot of fun and LEAGUES better than the first! Go pay and see it on opening day!"

Boy was I close!

Bry
05-27-2016, 09:05 PM
It scratches an itch to all the fans that have been waiting 20+ years to see the Technodrome and those characters on the screen.

Yeah, but that's exactly what I meant by fan-service. And I know that not everyone is on the same page there, but I'm not desperate to see the Technodrome or Bebop and Rocksteady or Krang in a movie, necessarily. That stuff's all fine and well, but ultimately it's window dressing. It's pandering to nostalgia, which is fine, but if that's all there is to the thing that doesn't make it a good movie that's worth seeing, at least not to me. Because that's what I am desperate to see: a TMNT movie that's a good movie. Like, an actual good movie. With a truly good script, excellent direction, and a fulfilling story with compelling characters, a real conflict with personal stakes, and genuine emotion.

It's a much better film than the last in every aspect.

In fairness, that is one seriously low bar to clear. :tlol:

TigerClaw
05-27-2016, 09:20 PM
Yeah, but that's exactly what I meant by fan-service. And I know that not everyone is on the same page there, but I'm not desperate to see the Technodrome or Bebop and Rocksteady or Krang in a movie, necessarily. That stuff's all fine and well, but ultimately it's window dressing. It's pandering to nostalgia, which is fine, but if that's all there is to the thing that doesn't make it a good movie that's worth seeing, at least not to me. Because that's what I am desperate to see: a TMNT movie that's a good movie. Like, an actual good movie. With a truly good script, excellent direction, and a fulfilling story with compelling characters, a real conflict with personal stakes, and genuine emotion.

That stuff works when it's a TV show, but when dealing with a feature film, you are only given 2 hours, there's only so much you can do within those constraints.

If you want drama, watch the animated series, there's plenty of that on it, but for movies, they gotta go big, cause the movies are for the big event stuff, if you want the more quieter stuff, you read the comics or watch the TV show.

Galactus
05-27-2016, 09:30 PM
That stuff works when it's a TV show, but when dealing with a feature film, you are only given 2 hours, there's only so much you can do within those constraints.

If you want drama, watch the animated series, there's plenty of that on it, but for movies, they gotta go big, cause the movies are for the big event stuff, if you want the more quieter stuff, you read the comics or watch the TV show.

I'm sorry but this is just plain WRONG.

How many movies have you seen in your life? I'm sure most of the good ones had good scripts, direction, fulfilling story and characters and so on. What you're saying here is that being "big" means you can't have any of these things and thus it's a positive is the movie is actually bad.

This is the most bizarre defense of these movies you've made yet. What you surely should be advocating is that this movie does have a good script, compelling story and characters not that it's better for not having any of these things.

TigerClaw
05-27-2016, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry but this is just plain WRONG.

How many movies have you seen in your life? I'm sure most of the good ones had good scripts, direction, fulfilling story and characters and so on.

What you're saying here is that being "big" means you can't have any of these things and thus it's a positive is the movie is actually bad. This is the most bizarre defense of these movies you've made yet.
All the saving the city stuff should be in the movies, you read the comics for the stuff that happens when the Turtles are not saving the day.

in movies, you gotta go big, the audiences expect that, and they wanna see Turtles kicking ass.

a movie is good for me, when it check marks the things you expect on big summer popcorn movies, no one wants to see a movie that's just the Turtles talking and no action, you gotta balance that stuff within 2 hours.

LeotheLateBloomer
05-27-2016, 09:37 PM

You haven't watched The Dark Knight trilogy.

TigerClaw
05-27-2016, 09:39 PM
TMNT doesn't have to be The Dark Knight, it's supposed to be a fun movie parents can take there kids to see.

I don't understand why people want there comic book movies dark. lol

this sequel takes his cues from Fred Wolf, which itself is a fun show, and a big majority of the audience remembers it

I remember in an interview Megan Fox saying, the new movie isn't The Dark Knight, since its a lot of fun and such.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-27-2016, 09:43 PM

Damn straight, my man.

LeotheLateBloomer
05-27-2016, 09:45 PM
TMNT doesn't have to be The Dark Knight, it's supposed to be a fun movie parents can take there kids to see.

TMNT isn't just for kids though.

TigerClaw
05-27-2016, 09:46 PM
TMNT isn't just for kids though.
It's for all ages, but kids are a big part of it, cause we were kids when we first watched the original series and 90s movie.

Imagine if you were an adult when TMNT first came out in the 80s cartoon, as an adult you be saying, Oh this is for kids.

Fortunately I was a teen when it came out and I loved it, cause I was the right age for it.

Sabacooza
05-27-2016, 09:50 PM
I don't understand why people want there comic book movies dark. lolI can't understand why you want your comic book movies to be so dumb.

There's nothing wrong with writers actually making a real effort and coming up with something that's more intelligently written and doesn't treat the characters as some kind of overblown mockery.

LeotheLateBloomer
05-27-2016, 09:50 PM
And do you remember the 1990 movie was darker than the first toon (with some light-hearted moments, obviously)? And we ended up liking that movie the best.

sethmartin
05-27-2016, 09:52 PM

Yes I agree with all of this. I see just about every movie that is released so sometimes it's easier for me to see positive aspects to movies. I've seen some in the last year that were truly awful. I've seen six movies since I watched the turtles lol. I am not suggesting anyone rush out and see this on opening day. Also I'm only one reviewer. I'm sure they'll be many more over the next week

sethmartin
05-27-2016, 09:57 PM

Yes, they do go big with movies and make them events, but they do this because they are trying to make as much as possible on opening weekend and not because "there's only so much you can do in 2 hours). Some of the best and most memorable stories ever told were done in feature film

TigerClaw
05-27-2016, 10:01 PM
Yes, they do go big with movies and make them events, but they do this because they are trying to make as much as possible on opening weekend and not because "there's only so much you can do in 2 hours). Some of the best and most memorable stories ever told were done in feature film
Which makes me wonder, you think they will ever adapt City at War in a TMNT film?

That was a story that was pretty dark, it was adapted in the 2003 cartoon, but it deviated from it, and Nick series will have an episode titled City at War as well.

if they do another big event in a TMNT movie, it'll probably involve the Triceratons, but then it would be another alien invasion type movie again, since TMNT 2 would have covered that.

Sabacooza
05-27-2016, 10:06 PM
Which makes me wonder, you think they will ever adapt City at War in a TMNT film?That will never happen considering they're hell-bent on making these movies as goofy and cartoonish as the Fred Wolf cartoon. City at War was an intelligently written story which is something these writers can't pull off.

LeotheLateBloomer
05-27-2016, 10:06 PM

this sequel takes his cues from Fred Wolf, which itself is a fun show, and a big majority of the audience remembers it

I remember in an interview Megan Fox saying, the new movie isn't The Dark Knight, since its a lot of fun and such.

It's quotes like that that shows that Megan Fox doesn't know much about TMNT. And to me, we're not in the 1980s to 1990s anymore where our perception of this property was just this! It took a few tries to get Batman out of the Silver Age era of comics and back to his darker roots. The Adam West TV series got Batman into the mainstream audiences but eventually, there were people like Frank Miller, Tim Burton, and Paul Dini, who remembered who he really was. I'm not saying TMNT needs to be exactly like Batman but I think it deserves to be recognized as more than just pizza-loving party dudes. They may be turtles but they are ninjas, for God's sake. I feel as though we should be improving on it's roots as opposed to straying from them.

Damn straight, my man.

My man! *high three*

It's for all ages, but kids are a big part of it, cause we were kids when we first watched the original series and 90s movie.

Imagine if you were an adult when TMNT first came out in the 80s cartoon, as an adult you be saying, Oh this is for kids.

Fortunately I was a teen when it came out and I loved it, cause I was the right age for it.

But that's because of what the turtles were perceived as during their time.

TigerClaw
05-27-2016, 10:18 PM
It's quotes like that that shows that Megan Fox doesn't know much about TMNT. And to me, we're not in the 1980s to 1990s anymore where our perception of this property was just this! It took a few tries to get Batman out of the Silver Age era of comics and back to his darker roots. The Adam West TV series got Batman into the mainstream audiences but eventually, there were people like Frank Miller, Tim Burton, and Paul Dini, who remembered who he really was. I'm not saying TMNT needs to be exactly like Batman but I think it deserves to be recognized as more than just pizza-loving party dudes. They may be turtles but they are ninjas, for God's sake. I feel as though we should be improving on it's roots as opposed to straying from them.

My man! *high three*

But that's because of what the turtles were perceived as during their time.
and the Turtles are still perceived as a kids property thanks to Nickelodeon.

Autbot_Benz
05-27-2016, 10:22 PM
I agree with some people Fred Wolf is starting to be like Disease on the franchise that you can't get rid off. Do a movie like the 2003 series which can be serious and have humor and actually have some Ninja stuff in this. Hell id like to see a Sin City like Mirage turtles movie that would be cool.

DioLeo451
05-27-2016, 10:30 PM
Tiger the real issue is way too many people (you yourself included) have this perception how they view tmnt and would like to see it done justice on screen or through a tv show on Netflix as an example if that will ever come into fruition is all a matter of perspective and personal taste some people like this some people like that some people prefer this some prefer that it's an endless cycle bro you're not going to win this argument trust me heed these words my man

TigerClaw
05-27-2016, 11:07 PM
Tiger the real issue is way too many people (you yourself included) have this perception how they view tmnt and would like to see it done justice on screen or through a tv show on Netflix as an example if that will ever come into fruition is all a matter of perspective and personal taste some people like this some people like that some people prefer this some prefer that it's an endless cycle bro you're not going to win this argument trust me heed these words my man
Its not really an argument, just starting facts about how the TMNT movies are supposed to be, its 2016, and people's perception of summer movies are always these big scale events.

some of the TMNT stories wouldn't work in a 2 hour movie, with Krang being in the 2nd one, I wonder how they are gonna top it if they do a 3rd, Krang is one of the heavy hitters.

They either do a time travel story, or have the Triceratons, which would be another world saving scenario.

AlZarkovski
05-27-2016, 11:25 PM
I saw the movie last night at a special screening in Moscow. This film is only for children and fans of FW show. But this sequel to the much, much better than the first movie. 9 out of 10 (I'm a fan of FW :lol:)

DioLeo451
05-27-2016, 11:28 PM
Its not really an argument, just starting facts about how the TMNT movies are supposed to be, its 2016, and people's perception of summer movies are always these big scale events.

some of the TMNT stories wouldn't work in a 2 hour movie, with Krang being in the 2nd one, I wonder how they are gonna top it if they do a 3rd, Krang is one of the heavy hitters.

They either do a time travel story, or have the Triceratons, which would be another world saving scenario.
Dude if we even get a third film that would be mind blowing but I can't help but get a sense of deja vu from this what are the odds Megan Fox will not return as April

TigerClaw
05-27-2016, 11:35 PM
Dude if we even get a third film that would be mind blowing but I can't help but get a sense of deja vu from this what are the odds Megan Fox will not return as April
dont be surprise if they greenlight the 3rd, its inevitable

Cure
05-27-2016, 11:39 PM
Remember when people were convinced a second movie wouldn't happen?

sethmartin
05-28-2016, 12:24 AM
Which makes me wonder, you think they will ever adapt City at War in a TMNT film?

That was a story that was pretty dark, it was adapted in the 2003 cartoon, but it deviated from it, and Nick series will have an episode titled City at War as well.

if they do another big event in a TMNT movie, it'll probably involve the Triceratons, but then it would be another alien invasion type movie again, since TMNT 2 would have covered that.

I doubt very seriously that this series of turtle movies is going to bring in Triceratons. It will most likely bring back Baxter as a fly or the technodrome doing major damage in a big city. It depends on how this movie does, but I doubt they will go comics. They will play the classic 80s cartoon nostalgia until people are sick of it, or try and make it fit into the Nick series world. Then the series will die and a few years later, we'll get something more comic book related from another set of producers.

sethmartin
05-28-2016, 12:25 AM
Remember when people were convinced a second movie wouldn't happen?

When was this? They announced the sequel the day after the last movie hit theaters.

TigerClaw
05-28-2016, 12:29 AM
I doubt very seriously that this series of turtle movies is going to bring in Triceratons. It will most likely bring back Baxter as a fly or the technodrome doing major damage in a big city. It depends on how this movie does, but I doubt they will go comics. They will play the classic 80s cartoon nostalgia until people are sick of it, or try and make it fit into the Nick series world. Then the series will die and a few years later, we'll get something more comic book related from another set of producers.
What about for other mutants to show up like Leatherhead?

sethmartin
05-28-2016, 12:32 AM

Deadpool had a third of the budget these movies have. It took a chance and made something different while still staying true to the Marvel universe. It didn't need to be a big scale summer movie. It was release on valentine's day. Maybe that's the big problem here. Maybe the turtles shouldn't try to be a big summer blockbuster. Maybe they should make smaller budget movies where they can take chances. As long as these movies cost 120M a pop, they will try to appeal to the widest possible audience which is children and people with nostalgia of the cartoons.

TrickOrTreater
05-28-2016, 12:34 AM

Oh my god. This enrages me.

sethmartin
05-28-2016, 12:36 AM

I see what you're saying, but here's the thing, general audiences who just remember the turtles as part of their childhood, aren't going to rush to the theater to see Leatherhead or Triceratons. They will go for Bebop and Rocksteady and Krang, because these characters were in just about every episode and people remember them even if they weren't die hard fans of the cartoon.

Also, time travel is scraping the bottom of the barrel. It's what franchises do when they are completely out of ideas (Ninja Turtles 3)

Technogeek29
05-28-2016, 12:40 AM

The only big bad left that is a major threat that FW fans would know is Dregg but I don't see that happening.

sethmartin
05-28-2016, 12:46 AM
The only big bad left that is a major threat that FW fans would know is Dregg but I don't see that happening.

Yeah I doubt it. That was later in the series when turtle mania was dying down. I think the only other villain left that most general audiences would remember is Baxter fly, but even that might be a stretch.

Technogeek29
05-28-2016, 02:27 AM
Yeah I doubt it. That was later in the series when turtle mania was dying down. I think the only other villain left that most general audiences would remember is Baxter fly, but even that might be a stretch.

I mentioned Bishop but too anti hero and would've had to have been introduced in this movie for him to work in the 3rd movie.

Bry
05-28-2016, 07:42 AM

Sums it up well, I think. It's a fair comparison. The Adam West show (as much as I love it) cast a very long shadow over the Batman franchise for a very long time, to the point that going "darker" again back in 1989 seemed like a huge risk... until it paid off. I've got no issue with the fun and light stuff, or camp, but I don't think that stuff has long-term "legs"... You need something to care about and get invested in. You can't just coast on nostalgia, and ultimately the story has got to be good. I think chasing Fred Wolf nostalgia just gives producers an excuse/ability to be lazy. Look at the marketing for this movie -- it's not selling a story or character development, it's just screaming "BEBOP AND ROCKSTEADY" at the audience to get them excited. And maybe it'll work... this time. But if there's not anything more to these things, I think it only stands to damage the brand in the long-term.

They will play the classic 80s cartoon nostalgia until people are sick of it, or try and make it fit into the Nick series world. Then the series will die and a few years later, we'll get something more comic book related from another set of producers.

Which is why I'm basically checking out until that day comes. :tlol: We really need something like the 1990 movie again, something that tries to tell an actual story and give the characters and their world some emotional weight. This is what it is. Platinum Dunes' entire business model is "Spectacle + Nostalgia = Profit". I want something closer to the Marvel Studios approach -- building strong characters you grow to deeply care about.

Deadpool had a third of the budget these movies have. It took a chance and made something different while still staying true to the Marvel universe. It didn't need to be a big scale summer movie. It was release on valentine's day. Maybe that's the big problem here. Maybe the turtles shouldn't try to be a big summer blockbuster. Maybe they should make smaller budget movies where they can take chances. As long as these movies cost 120M a pop, they will try to appeal to the widest possible audience which is children and people with nostalgia of the cartoons.

100% agree with you. At its core, TMNT isn't a massive-scale superhero epic. It started as a Daredevil parody, which we've seen from the Netflix series works best on a smaller scale. It's all about personal stakes and street-level ninja action. Sure, there are aliens and vigilantes in the mix too, but the summer blockbuster "everything exploding all the time" kind of movie just isn't a natural fit for this property and it never was.

And yeah, that's the main lesson I hope studios take from Deadpool: it's okay to go "smaller". Not every comic movie needs a $150m budget. Like you said, if you spend that much, then you're tied to delivering a huge explosive spectacle to make an equally massive profit. And that tends to drain what's "special" out of the property, because you're essentially trying to make the same basic summer action movie that everyone else is making. The 1990 movie was made for $13.5m -- with inflation, that'd be about $25m today. Double that and you have Deadpool's budget, and you see what they were able to do with that, while also having the freedom to take some risks and not water down the character, because the financial investment wasn't so staggeringly high. Getting the Deadpool treatment is the best thing that could happen to TMNT at this point.

slingtheory
05-28-2016, 01:23 PM
Supposed to be? Yeah I don't think so. You can make a summer blockbuster and have it revolve around actually characters with complex personality and feelings. It doest have to be all forgettable flash in the pan action.Better companies than platinum dunes are doing it right now in fact. To say it can't done an inexcusable cop out.

NinjaPug
05-28-2016, 01:32 PM
Movies just need action, explosions and childish humor. Who needs a coherent plot or character development, am I right? Why would you want to use your brain for two hours?

alypkm
05-28-2016, 06:54 PM
I wish they made the movie loosley based on the current TMNT cartoon, thats the best TMNT adaptation to date, with the best story.

but no they dont wanna make a good TMNT movie, they wanna make movie that will appeal to the parents that are still trapped in the 80s and belive that that stupid cartoon is the ultimate TMNT, so that they can take their kids to the theater and get more cash.

I dont know when will we ever get a good TMNT movie, they seem to be doing the same **** over and over again, probabbly gonna have to wait around 10 more years till the kids who grow during the 2003 tmnt and 2012 grow up and make a decent TMNT movie.

CyberCubed
05-28-2016, 10:57 PM
The Nick cartoon might get its own animated CG movie someday, similar to Turtles Forever for the 2k3 series.

Vicky82
05-29-2016, 05:30 AM
New Review, contains spoilers.

https://dreamingscreenwriter.com/2016/05/29/cowabunga-dude-minor-sort-of-spoilers/

Shark_Blade
05-29-2016, 06:17 AM
The Nick cartoon might get its own animated CG movie someday, similar to Turtles Forever for the 2k3 series.

OT turtles never got their own movie.

pdizzle
05-29-2016, 08:30 AM
Another youtube review....

https://youtu.be/M16f6VeJy_w

neatoman
05-29-2016, 09:33 AM
OT turtles never got their own movie.

Despite what you might say, that was probably for the best.

Sabacooza
05-29-2016, 10:25 AM
OT turtles never got their own movie.Yes they did. It's called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.:roll:

sethmartin
05-29-2016, 11:58 AM
New Review, contains spoilers.

https://dreamingscreenwriter.com/2016/05/29/cowabunga-dude-minor-sort-of-spoilers/

I agree with this review. He even used the word "solid" which is a word I've been using to describe it. The only two things I kind of disagree on...

I would have liked to see a little more Raph and Casey conflict. Also Stephen Amell is good and I agree with his stance on Megan Fox as April, but the two never really bump heads in the film. It's believable that they would be together whereas in the 1990 film, they are complete opposites who have to learn how to get along because they are thrown into this weird world of mutated turtles.

alypkm
05-29-2016, 03:03 PM
the problem is that people are reiewing this movie by comparing it to the old cartoon which was not good, and they keep saying comic/cartoon, am sure they are refering to the comics that was based on the cartoon, this is still NOT the source material.

Also, people where so over blown by Beboop and Rocksteady that they didnt notice a very noticable mistake, when they mutate, Rocksteady get a hat and goggles and Bebop get a sunglasses out of no where, and they put the scene in every trailer and still no one noticed because all they want is just a carbon copy of the old cartoon, even if its as stupid as the cartoon, and No this is not a good thing, what we need at this point is a fresh take on TMNT not the same thing over and over again.

Candy Kappa
05-29-2016, 03:10 PM
Also, people where so over blown by Beboop and Rocksteady that they didnt notice a very noticable mistake, when they mutate, Rocksteady get a hat and goggles and Bebop get a sunglasses out of no where, and they put the scene in every trailer and still no one noticed because all they want is just a carbon copy of the old cartoon.

Bebop got the glasses as a human in the trailers, mug shot photo and b-roll footage.

Etsyturtle2
05-29-2016, 03:28 PM
the problem is that people are reiewing this movie by comparing it to the old cartoon which was not good, and they keep saying comic/cartoon, am sure they are refering to the comics that was based on the cartoon, this is still NOT the source material.

Also, people where so over blown by Beboop and Rocksteady that they didnt notice a very noticable mistake, when they mutate, Rocksteady get a hat and goggles and Bebop get a sunglasses out of no where, and they put the scene in every trailer and still no one noticed because all they want is just a carbon copy of the old cartoon, even if its as stupid as the cartoon, and No this is not a good thing, what we need at this point is a fresh take on TMNT not the same thing over and over again.

Huh, didn't know you saw the movie.

ZariusTwo
05-29-2016, 03:34 PM
the problem is that people are reiewing this movie by comparing it to the old cartoon which was good

Fixed buddy

Despite what you might say, that was probably for the best.

Says who? The little millenial twits who think it's fashionable to rag on it? I'd watch an OT movie over the stink of the Nick show anyday

I wish they made the movie loosley based on the current TMNT cartoon, thats the best TMNT adaptation to date, with the best story.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That s*ite owes everything to the OT and you know it.

neatoman
05-29-2016, 03:41 PM
the stink of the Nick show

Uhm, OK. Why is it stink?

sethmartin
05-29-2016, 05:07 PM

True, the OT show isn't exactly good but to people who grew up with it, it was amazing at the time. It is also responsible for introducing the world to TMNT. We can love the mirage comics all we want, but without the OT show, Ninja Turtles would have died off early on. It was the OT show that caused people to follow the franchise. It's responsible for the movies, 2003 series, and the 2012 series. Whether you love it or hate it, is irrelevant. It IS responsible for introducing so many people to the characters. The same way that the 60s Batman introduced people to that character.

TrickOrTreater
05-29-2016, 05:18 PM
Uhm, OK. Why is it stink?

Because he's a tool.

Sabacooza
05-29-2016, 06:52 PM
True, the OT show isn't exactly good but to people who grew up with it, it was amazing at the time. It is also responsible for introducing the world to TMNT. We can love the mirage comics all we want, but without the OT show, Ninja Turtles would have died off early on. It was the OT show that caused people to follow the franchise. It's responsible for the movies, 2003 series, and the 2012 series. Whether you love it or hate it, is irrelevant. It IS responsible for introducing so many people to the characters. The same way that the 60s Batman introduced people to that character.It's a double edge sword. It put TMNT on the map but forever solidified it as a dumb, goofy kiddie property.

sethmartin
05-29-2016, 08:36 PM
It's a double edge sword. It put TMNT on the map but forever solidified it as a dumb, goofy kiddie property.

Yeah true. And going 21 years without a live action movie has not helped change people's perception of it.

Leolead
05-29-2016, 08:52 PM

but no they dont wanna make a good TMNT movie, they wanna make movie that will appeal to the parents that are still trapped in the 80s and belive that that stupid cartoon is the ultimate TMNT, so that they can take their kids to the theater and get more cash.

I dont know when will we ever get a good TMNT movie, they seem to be doing the same **** over and over again, probabbly gonna have to wait around 10 more years till the kids who grow during the 2003 tmnt and 2012 grow up and make a decent TMNT movie.
I agree. It really enrages me.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
05-29-2016, 09:11 PM
Here's a review of TMNT: OOTS by Den Of Geek.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/41042/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-review

sethmartin
05-29-2016, 09:20 PM
Here's a review of TMNT: OOTS by Den Of Geek.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/41042/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-review

Seems pretty accurate. I agree with this.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
05-29-2016, 09:37 PM
I can't wait to see this.

pdizzle
05-29-2016, 10:00 PM
Another review....

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/review/a795744/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-is-cynical-paint-by-numbers-sequel/

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
05-29-2016, 10:08 PM
That's a weak negative review. It's too vague, it sounds like she's implying that she's one of those women who hate women because they're attractive.

sethmartin
05-29-2016, 10:33 PM
That's a weak negative review. It's too vague, it sounds like she's implying that she's one of those women who hate women because they're attractive.

It gave absolutely nothing. Anyone who hasn't seen the movie could have written up the same review. I'm all for people not liking the movie, but if you are going to review it, give actual reasons. Not just Megan Fox this and Michael Bay that. It's boring.

Autbot_Benz
05-29-2016, 11:02 PM
Another review....

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/review/a795744/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-is-cynical-paint-by-numbers-sequel/

wow did a Feminist/ SJW write this review?

Galactus
05-30-2016, 01:32 AM
Another review

http://darrens-world-of-entertainment.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-out-of.html

DioLeo451
05-30-2016, 01:36 AM
Another review

http://darrens-world-of-entertainment.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-out-of.html
''Lacking in Soul'' what the hell does that even mean:trolleye:

Shark_Blade
05-30-2016, 01:41 AM
''Lacking in Soul'' what the hell does that even mean:trolleye:
They expect more soul like Billie Holiday or something in the movie.

http://i.imgur.com/CjkS1Za.jpg

Damn critics and their nonsense demands.

Foombamaroom
05-30-2016, 02:04 AM
Damn critics and their nonsense demands.

Damn those critics and their demands of wanting the producers, writers, and directors at hand to create a semi-decent story with emotion, characters, and plot, and isn't just a cheap cash grab! Damn them for their unrealistic expectations!

TrickOrTreater
05-30-2016, 02:32 AM
wow did a Feminist/ SJW write this review?

Wow could I possibly have less of an opinion of you as a person when you use the word "feminist" in a negative fashion?

TrickOrTreater
05-30-2016, 02:34 AM
And there we go, I can stop my watch.

Negative reviews are starting to come in and, like f*cking clockwork, some of the usual suspects are dismissing them.

RETTEB SNATAS
05-30-2016, 05:06 AM

Well, this guy felt this way about the first film... as I did, and he recently saw the new one and well, this is what he thought

From the beginning of this production, a sequel to the live action film, TMNT, was going to be a hard sell. The first movie wasn’t particularly well received, and in my own opinion, wasn’t that true to the characters. I can still enjoy the first one as a movie fan, but it still went too far away from the original versions of what the Turtles were.

After seeing TMNT 2 – Out of the Shadows at an early screening tonight (It starts this Thursday 2nd around NZ) I can honestly say that they have done a complete 180 in the way they deal with these characters. The story is distinctly, and completely, a ninja turtles story. The character interactions between the four main cast are extremely well done, and finally consistent with what you expect as a Turtles fan. Even Megan Fox’s April O’Neil is bareable in this movie; which is saying something because she was not even close in the first. She still has a main role in the story, but the director has done an excellent job with how she fits in the story, and finally I can actually see Megan Fox being April; something I could never see in the first one.

The new addition to this sequel is the character of Casey Jones, played by Arrow star, Stephen Amell. TMNT 2 is Stephen’s first outage into the role of big screen cinema. Most of his career so far has been on the small screen. But don’t let that fool you. The man has the style, and ability to hold the screen. He does an excellent rendition of Casey Jones, that fits in so well with the already established cast from the first film. They continue to play on the rivalry between Casey and Raph from the source material and it works nicely in the film without becoming too much, or distracting. To be honest, as a fan of Arrow, the announcement of Stephen Amell is what made me want to see this movie, against what I had already seen of the first one. The first trailer was released, and it actually looked good. I was hopeful. Tonight, I can say that it did not disappoint.

In ‘Out of the Shadows’ the well known villian, Shredder, takes a bit of a back seat to the newly introduced, Krang, a warlord from Dimension X (pictured right) who partners with Shredder to basically conquer the world.

The live action realisation of Krang’s “technodrome” is a perfect mix of new, with old. It’s different enough from it’s source material, but still distinctly looks like the technodrome that fans of the comics and television cartoon will remember.

The humour is on point all the way through the movie, and keeps you engaged throughout. There was some things that I won’t go into here due to spoilers, that I felt could have been different, or not there. But overall, it stands as a great adaptation to the franchise. One that I will be proud to add to my collection on bluray once it reaches home video.

On a final note. The completely reclaimed the issues with Shredder from the last film, turning him into the villian that he should be, as well as restoring the foot clan to a menacing threat. I couldn’t leave this review without discussing the two, probably hardest, characters to get right; Beebop and Rocksteady. They play them up a bit much in the film, but they are the live action version of the characters that you remember if you’re a fan of the comics\tv cartoon.

Overall, I thought this adaptation was very well done. It shows that someone actually took time to understand the source material, and crafted a story that goes it’s own way but still holds true to what you know.

A solid 7/10.

Now excuse me while I plan when I’m going back to watch it again. Cowabunga Dudes!

So what would you say\ask this guy?

And there we go, I can stop my watch.

Negative reviews are starting to come in and, like f*cking clockwork, some of the usual suspects are dismissing them.

What??? :lol:
And like clockwork you can't help yourself but sh*t on everything and anything positive lol. And I'm the sh*t human being? :lol:

I'll just leave this here for you, you f**king miserable little boy lol

Regarding Black nerd Comedy seeing the film

like all the interviews and access he was granted.

Don't blame him, I probably would too.

But yeah.

Exactly. His review isn't going to mean anything to me in terms of the movie's actual quality, but I don't hold it against him. Andre is living the dream.

If only the movies were actually good, that dream would be so much better. :tlol:

Commenter 42
05-30-2016, 05:27 AM

I'd want to know if he can count to ten, without using his fingers or toes.

RETTEB SNATAS
05-30-2016, 05:34 AM
I'd want to know if he can count to ten, without using his fingers or toes.

Lol fair.. I guess. Its gonna be all over the map I'm guessing. As good and bad reviews are concerned.

Etsyturtle2
05-30-2016, 06:28 AM
Another review

I can't trust the judgement of somebody who says this movie is based on the comic book roots.

Bry
05-30-2016, 06:44 AM
Well, this guy felt this way about the first film... as I did, and he recently saw the new one and well, this is what he thought

From the beginning of this production, a sequel to the live action film, TMNT, was going to be a hard sell. The first movie wasn’t particularly well received, and in my own opinion, wasn’t that true to the characters. I can still enjoy the first one as a movie fan, but it still went too far away from the original versions of what the Turtles were.

After seeing TMNT 2 – Out of the Shadows at an early screening tonight (It starts this Thursday 2nd around NZ) I can honestly say that they have done a complete 180 in the way they deal with these characters. The story is distinctly, and completely, a ninja turtles story. The character interactions between the four main cast are extremely well done, and finally consistent with what you expect as a Turtles fan. Even Megan Fox’s April O’Neil is bareable in this movie; which is saying something because she was not even close in the first. She still has a main role in the story, but the director has done an excellent job with how she fits in the story, and finally I can actually see Megan Fox being April; something I could never see in the first one.

The new addition to this sequel is the character of Casey Jones, played by Arrow star, Stephen Amell. TMNT 2 is Stephen’s first outage into the role of big screen cinema. Most of his career so far has been on the small screen. But don’t let that fool you. The man has the style, and ability to hold the screen. He does an excellent rendition of Casey Jones, that fits in so well with the already established cast from the first film. They continue to play on the rivalry between Casey and Raph from the source material and it works nicely in the film without becoming too much, or distracting. To be honest, as a fan of Arrow, the announcement of Stephen Amell is what made me want to see this movie, against what I had already seen of the first one. The first trailer was released, and it actually looked good. I was hopeful. Tonight, I can say that it did not disappoint.

In ‘Out of the Shadows’ the well known villian, Shredder, takes a bit of a back seat to the newly introduced, Krang, a warlord from Dimension X (pictured right) who partners with Shredder to basically conquer the world.

The live action realisation of Krang’s “technodrome” is a perfect mix of new, with old. It’s different enough from it’s source material, but still distinctly looks like the technodrome that fans of the comics and television cartoon will remember.

The humour is on point all the way through the movie, and keeps you engaged throughout. There was some things that I won’t go into here due to spoilers, that I felt could have been different, or not there. But overall, it stands as a great adaptation to the franchise. One that I will be proud to add to my collection on bluray once it reaches home video.

On a final note. The completely reclaimed the issues with Shredder from the last film, turning him into the villian that he should be, as well as restoring the foot clan to a menacing threat. I couldn’t leave this review without discussing the two, probably hardest, characters to get right; Beebop and Rocksteady. They play them up a bit much in the film, but they are the live action version of the characters that you remember if you’re a fan of the comics\tv cartoon.

Overall, I thought this adaptation was very well done. It shows that someone actually took time to understand the source material, and crafted a story that goes it’s own way but still holds true to what you know.

A solid 7/10.

Now excuse me while I plan when I’m going back to watch it again. Cowabunga Dudes!

Nothing? He's entitled to his opinion. A 7/10 score isn't great, and even then, his tone in general seems far more forgiving and gentle toward the movie's flaws than I would be. And it seems that a wholly Fred Wolf-inspired movie is what he looks at as true to the "source material", which... isn't what I'm looking for.

The first RT-aggregated review has popped up, from the South China Morning Post: (http://www.scmp.com/culture/film-tv/article/1959349/film-review-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-shadows-chaotic-kung-fu)

2/5 stars

Those crime-fighting, pizza-loving heroes in a half-shell are back for a second live-action film – a blend of kinetic violence, bizarre aliens and actors the calibre of Laura Linney wondering what on earth they’ve got themselves into.

For those who didn’t catch the 2014 film, or the original comic books and cartoons, imagine four superhero turtles – Leonardo (Pete Ploszek), Donatello (Jeremy Howard), Raphael (Alan Ritchson) and Michelangelo (Noel Fisher) – living in New York’s sewers, protecting the city and munching on stacks of pizza.

The daft-as-a-brush plot sees escaped convict Shredder (Brian Tee) team up with Kraang, an extraterrestrial vying for world domination. A squishy-faced creature that comes housed in a giant robot body, Kraang is looking to open up a portal to his own universe to reassemble his very own War Machine.
Alibaba Pictures to fund movies with Paramount

To help, he gives Shredder and his resident boffin (Tyler Perry) a vial of purple goo that morphs two minions into rhino- and warthog-like super soldiers; a substance, incidentally, that may just turn the Turtles into humans.

Credit Linney, as a New York police detective, and returning stars Megan Fox and Will Arnett for keeping a straight face throughout this chaotic kung fu kick-about. Aided by 3D that keeps popping blades and missiles right between your eyes, director Dave Green conjures a visual onslaught.

Perhaps it’s no coincidence that Michael Bay is a producer; the film has the feel of his relentless, cynical Transformers franchise – and not just because Fox co-stars. At least they have the good grace to play the classic theme tune at the end.

RETTEB SNATAS
05-30-2016, 07:36 AM
=Bry;1584596]Nothing? He's entitled to his opinion. A 7/10 score isn't great, and even then, his tone in general seems far more forgiving and gentle toward the movie's flaws than I would be. And it seems that a wholly Fred Wolf-inspired movie is what he looks at as true to the "source material", which... isn't what I'm lookin for

Well.. I myself would love a mirage style more edgier take on the series. It just doesn't look like were going to be getting that for a while. With the new cartoon being such a massive success and the OT having been a huge success it seems they went for the version they thought would bring in the most customers aka $. Full families ( Grown up OT fans and their kids being Nick Toon fans ) they saw an opportunity. I mean, I honestly wonder how a well rounded gritty mirage style TMNT would do at the BO. Even though the profits may not be important to people like you and I.

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 08:54 AM
Phew what a ride, even though I did enjoy it, it still had issues but I will definitely go see it again, this week.

I was smiling and laughing throughout this movie, except for one moment when Mikey broke my heart

I timed it (I started the timer when the Platinum Dunes sign came up), it was 1 hour 43 mins that's without the credits at the end.

There was no end of credit scene.

Swear Words

Casey said Bitch and S**t and Donnie said ass, think that was it

The negatives

-1st issue, not sure if it was the movie itself or the cinema but felt the sound was too loud, the volume needed to be turned down a bit.
-Some of the camera work was too fast during the action scenes, I couldn't keep up.
-The Turtles not fighting Shredder and Shredder not doing much, Karai was ok but also didn't do much
-The Turtles fighting Krang should have been longer
- Nothing really memorable happened.
- Liked to have been more of a darker tone.
OK

The Storyline was ok, still better than the last movie.
Megan Fox was ok, better than she was in the last movie, she had definately had less screentime.
Stephen Amell was ok as Casey Jones.
Baxter Stockman was ok.

Poitives

- The Score, it was amazing.
- The pacing was better, it didn't feel rushed..
-He had more turtles screen time, The longest time the turtles weren't in it was just over 5 mins, that was when April went to TCRI, Bebop and Rocksteady mutating to Casey Jones helping April.
-There were more turtle interaction.
- Bebop and Rocksteady were awesome.
- Krang is awesome, he was bigger and he sounded awesome.
- Donnie wasn't shafted to the background like in previous movies, he did a lot more than the other turtles but they still had there big moments.

There the only things I can think off at the moment.

I will give the movie a 7.5

Etsyturtle2
05-30-2016, 08:56 AM
Phew what a ride, even though I did enjoy it, it still had issues but I will definitely go see it again, this week.

I was smiling and laughing throughout this movie, except for one moment when Mikey broke my heart

I timed it (I started the timer when the Platinum Dunes sign came up), it was 1 hour 43 mins that's without the credits at the end.

There was no end of credit scene.

The negatives

-1st issue, not sure if it was the movie itself or the cinema but felt the sound was too loud, the volume needed to be turned down a bit.
-Some of the camera work was too fast during the action scenes, I couldn't keep up.
-The Turtles not fighting Shredder and Shredder not doing much, Karai was ok but also didn't do much
-The Turtles fighting Krang should have been longer
- Nothing really memorable happened.

OK

The Storyline was ok, still better than the last movie.
Megan Fox was ok, better than she was in the last movie, she had definately had less screentime.
Stephen Amell was ok as Casey Jones.
Baxter Stockman was ok.

Poitives

- The Score, it was amazing.
- The pacing was better, it didn't feel rushed..
-He had more turtles screen time, The longest time the turtles weren't in it was just over 5 mins, that was when April went to TCRI, Bebop and Rocksteady mutating to Casey Jones helping April.
-There were more turtle interaction.
- Bebop and Rocksteady were awesome.
- Krang is awesome, he was bigger and he sounded awesome.
- Donnie wasn't shafted to the background like in previous movies, he did a lot more than the other turtles but they still had there big moments.

There the only things I can think off at the moment.

I will give the movie a 7.5

How did Mikey break your heart?

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 09:01 AM
How did Mikey break your heart?

He got upset when the police called him monster, you could see the tears in his eyes when they got back to the lair

sethmartin
05-30-2016, 10:03 AM
He got upset when the police called him monster, you could see the tears in his eyes when they got back to the lair

That part was a bit heartbreaking. Without giving anything away, what did you think of the end of the movie. I loved the ending

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 10:11 AM
That part was a bit heartbreaking. Without giving anything away, what did you think of the end of the movie. I loved the ending

Yeah I loved the ending too. ;)

jezza
05-30-2016, 10:21 AM
I very rarely post here and I may not be as big a TMNT fan as some of the people on here, but I thought I would share my views on watching the film today.

Just for the record, whilst I was by no means a fan of the first Platinum Dunes film, I was able to overlook the misrepresentation of the origin story and the appearance of the Turtles themselves in favor of just enjoying the scenes in which their characters were correctly portrayed. I'm sorry to say, I couldn't look past it this time and I was outright embarrassed by what I watched. Whilst the Turtles still seemed somewhat in character, how it was executed was just really poorly done and seemed almost recycled from the previous film.

The action scenes were by no means memorable, they tried to create an action sequence equal to the mountain scene and it just came across as clumsy and lacked excitement, sometimes the action moved too quickly that it just made it hard to follow or appreciate. The final battle just felt like a repeat of the first film but with Krang in place of Shredder (who didn't even have an opportunity to fight the Turtles, what a waste of a character!).

To me the character development just felt non-existent, they were all there for the sake of fan service and the motives of people like Baxter Stockman were just bizarre. I have no idea who put this story and script together, but it's almost as if they didn't even do more than one draft before saying "Yeah, that will do"

Needless to say, my view is that this is the worst Turtle film to date, I could write up something more in depth, but I would just comes across as a privileged fanboy, and I doubt anyone would want to read that . However, I will say, I would put this movie in the same league as The Next Mutation in terms of quality. I doubt this would be a popular opinion, but I actually hope that the film does badly enough at the box office that I don't feel like I have to submit to my fandom in order to watch a third film from Platinum Dunes and hope that a studio with more integrity get the rights to give us a film to be proud of.

Etsyturtle2
05-30-2016, 10:50 AM

What's the ending!?

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 10:51 AM
What's the ending!?

Not saying, sorry :P

Etsyturtle2
05-30-2016, 10:53 AM
Not saying, sorry :P

https://wwcdn.weddingwire.com/wedding/1925001_1930000/1927839/thumbnails/400x400_1361830051396-angrybaby.jpg

P L E A S E!

sethmartin
05-30-2016, 11:05 AM
Also, how great was Pete Ploznek! I though he did the best out of all the turtles. So confusing why they cut him out of the last one.

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 11:09 AM
New Review from the Holllywood News

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2016/05/30/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shadows-review/

Also, how great was Pete Ploznek! I though he did the best out of all the turtles. So confusing why they cut him out of the last one.

Yeah he was great, much better than Knoxville. Think they replaced him to try and get more butts on seats.

Ninturtle
05-30-2016, 11:11 AM
Wow could I possibly have less of an opinion of you as a person when you use the word "feminist" in a negative fashion?

It's pretty easy to when you see a reviewer complaining that this movie is written in a male gaze, that's a dumb complaint if I've seen one ( and there's tons of valid complaints to give about this horrible movie ).

Etsyturtle2
05-30-2016, 11:15 AM

sethmartin
05-30-2016, 11:15 AM
New Review from the Holllywood News

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2016/05/30/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shadows-review/

Yeah he was great, much better than Knoxville. Think they replaced him to try and get more butts on seats.

Doesn't sound like this person cared for the movie much. However, the review in a nutshell: best turtles film since the original, much better than the last, and loads of fun.

I have a feeling this will be 90% of the reviews.

newhire13
05-30-2016, 11:19 AM
Hearing a lot of praise for Bebop and Rocksteady. Really looking forward to seeing those 2 in action.

jenna
05-30-2016, 11:20 AM
First let me say this: I went into the cinema completely geared to look past the fact that the film is clearly targeting the OT / juvenile audience and accepting the fact that Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang were in it and that just because they are not my favourite characters it doesn't mean other people won't be pleased to see them. I went in with an open mind.

But... I am so sorry to say.... It was a big old mess of confused plotting, caricature acting, and a series of frankly embarrassing scenes strung together by the belief that by cramming just about everything ninja turtles fans have ever asked for into one package, will make for a passable film. Well, it doesn't.

It is a film for kids, bulked up with a bunch of meaningless fan service and loud explosions.

I found myself feeling gratitude for small details - ridiculous things only made possible by the fact that the first film got it so wrong: The Foot Clan were ninjas. Sort of. They wore black and carried swords; the turtles got more screen time, even - gasp - a reflective moment or two; Shredder didn't look like Megatron; the turtles were a tad smaller and less... full-lipped.

There was no real ninjutsu, no confrontation between the turtles and the Shredder. Karai was... there. I think. At least there was a Japanese woman kitted up in ninja gear standing around. Casey Jones boasted of anger management issues and then proceeded to show none whatsoever other than an over-zealous approach to interrogation and a whole load of undeserved arrogance. April has graduated from wannabe field reporter to clothes-thieving, stuff-strutting, field reporter. Baxter Stockman... also present. Oh. And for some reason Splinter was there, even though he didn't do anything.

The motivation of the villains was dubious, without backstory, and shallow. Rule the earth. Obviously. And Shredder showed unconvincingly naivety. I just didn't buy it. Bebop and Rocksteady were just cartoonish embarrassments. I cringed throughout every appearance.

The turtles. Gotta love those guys. Those actors are the film's only redeeming feature. Mikey got a lot more focus than previously, which was nice.

Overall I'm sure OT fans who've been desperate to see Bebop, Rockseady and Krang will be delighted. And that's good. They've had to wait thirty years. I hope they enjoy it. And if you're looking for action, fast-paced plot, light-hearted humour with an OT bias, this is the film for you.

But I'm not. I want depth and thoughtfulness, a bit of emotional angst... the kind present in Mirage, IDW, the Steve Barron film, 2k3... even 2k7. I want a coherent storyline. This film was complete chaos. It was shallow and unthinking and I'm really disappointed.

Whilst it is probably superior to the first PD film in terms of quality, I enjoyed it less. I now feel that PD have had their fun, left their blemish on the franchise and should now move on. Just my opinion. I'm sure many will love it. I just found it acutely embarrassing.

Sorry guys.

ToTheNines
05-30-2016, 11:29 AM
I have no idea who put this story and script together, but it's almost as if they didn't even do more than one draft before saying "Yeah, that will do".

Applebaum and Nemec. They probably made more off of this script than you or I will make in the next 25 years.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
05-30-2016, 11:30 AM
How's the intro to the movie? Is it good?

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 11:31 AM
April has graduated from wannabe field reporter to clothes-thieving, stuff-strutting, field reporter. Baxter Stockman... also present. Oh. And for some reason Splinter was there, even though he didn't do anything.

She didn't nick the skirt, she threw the money at the vendor.

sethmartin
05-30-2016, 11:31 AM

There's not an animated intro like the last movie. The film just starts with the turtles hanging out on top of a building.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
05-30-2016, 11:39 AM
How much screen time does Krang, Beebop, and Rocksteady have?

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 11:42 AM

Krang had like 3 scenes. Bebop and Rocksteady (Including there human forms had more screen time than Shredder so about 7/8 scenes

jenna
05-30-2016, 11:43 AM

Someone else can probably answer more accurately, but....

Krang not very much. A couple of minutes early on, and then he arrives for the finale. I didn't time it but would guess ten minutes. Bebop and Rocksteady have loads. They come in very early and are major players throughout.

Depends on your definition of good. It was mediocre. I preferred the intro to th first film.

She didn't nick the skirt, she threw the money at the vendor.

Did she? I didn't spot that at all. Too much visual stimulus. I must be getting old as I just couldn't keep up with it all.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
05-30-2016, 11:45 AM
Is there any mention of Krang's rock army from Dimension-X? Does Shredder whine at any point or insult Beebop and Rocksteady?

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 11:47 AM
New Review

http://getyourcomicon.co.uk/review/tmnt-out-of-the-shadows-review/

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
05-30-2016, 11:50 AM
The last time I checked rotten tomatoes, there was 1 rotten review for the movie and no fresh ones.

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 11:52 AM
The last time I checked rotten tomatoes, there was 1 rotten review for the movie and no fresh ones.

Yeah give it time, they will all pile up soon, we will probably see them on Rotten Tomatoes tomorrow as it is holiday weekend.

jenna
05-30-2016, 11:53 AM
Is there any mention of Krang's rock army from Dimension-X? Does Shredder whine at any point or insult Beebop and Rocksteady?

No mention of Rock Soldiers, I don't think. Shredder is annoyed and irritated by Bebop and Rocksteady but there is no OT-style nagging and whinging.

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 12:03 PM
One thing I forgot to mention was that the room wasn't even half full probably because it was an early screening. When I looked at the seating charts the next 2 screening they are almost full, only seats that are left are near the front.

Jenna was your room full.

Also

New Review

http://gbpfrmoviekinghts.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/film-review-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle.html

sethmartin
05-30-2016, 12:53 PM
One thing I forgot to mention was that the room wasn't even half full probably because it was an early screening. When I looked at the seating charts the next 2 screening they are almost full, only seats that are left are near the front.

Also

New Review

http://gbpfrmoviekinghts.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/film-review-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle.html

Wow. Straight up praise from that reviewer. I wouldn't rate it that high. Although, I did enjoy it.

SS Kakarot
05-30-2016, 01:20 PM

Also

New Review

I usually try to go in the afternoon when I go to the cinema here in The Netherlands.

I saw the 2014 movie three of four times and it was always about five or six people, even in the first week! :D
I also saw the movie in the UK once (as I happened to be in London in September 2014), I believe it was 20 to 30 people then.

Last couple of movies I saw (Batman v Superman, Civil War and X-Men) had about 12 to 15 people in the first week.
I saw Civil War again, about two weeks after the opening, there were about six people.

Traximus
05-30-2016, 01:29 PM

Also

New Review

It's done. Confirmed lit.

Jasey Cones
05-30-2016, 01:37 PM
Watched it today and I really liked it...

(For context I like the first movie but am well aware of the problems it has)

Megan Fox was crap as usual but not in it enough to bother me.

Overall the pace was good. After everything I knew was gonna happen from the trailers (Bebop Rocksteady Krang etc.) it was great that it didn't take too long getting on with it.
~
Arrow as casey was a bit poor (he wasn't Casey jones in my opinion) but not offensive.

Liked that Shredder could teleport and wonder if this was a nod to the massive problem in the first movie when he suddenly is in new york (faster than that guy in a chopper)

Bebop and Rocksteady were as good as I could have hoped. Not too gritty and ruined but not as stupid/comedy relief as the original cartoon. Enjoyed watching them

Final battle was a bit average. Shame Shredder wasn't about to add some ninja action to the whole thing. but it was ok.

Loads more Leo this time after not really featuring in the first movie, but all turtles represented well.

Only one minor problem in the river scene when raph is suddenly back with the others after landing near the turtle.

Overall a cracking addition to the Turtle-verse and probably the best movie so far.

Jasey Cones
05-30-2016, 01:43 PM
I might just add tho,

This is very much a family film. Anyone hoping for some mirage/idw action will be disappointed. Its loads better than the transformer movies tho.

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 01:51 PM
Empire UK review

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shadows/review/

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
05-30-2016, 02:06 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/may/30/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-review-tmnt

I'm 100% confident about the movie being rotten after all the smoke is clear.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-30-2016, 02:26 PM
From Guardian's review:

...here we’re asked to cheer heavily weaponised pizza guzzlers against a cabal of non-Caucasians, in a way that altogether uncomfortably aligns turtle power with its white equivalent.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/blinking_sword_in_the_stone.gif

So the bad guys aren't white, and that's a bad thing? Is that what he's saying?

Technogeek29
05-30-2016, 02:28 PM
From Guardian's review:

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/blinking_sword_in_the_stone.gif

I um...Wait what? But the Turtles are Japanese American?

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 02:31 PM
From Guardian's review:

The Reviewer is most probably a UKIP follower, think most of the Guardian are UKIP followers.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-30-2016, 02:34 PM
Of course, if they had turned Baxter Stockman white like in the OT, the reviewer would have bitched about that instead. You just can't please these types of people.

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 02:37 PM
Film and tv now review

http://www.filmandtvnow.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-review/

CyberCubed
05-30-2016, 02:38 PM
I'd laugh so hard if this movie has a higher rotten tomato score than Batman/Superman.

TigerClaw
05-30-2016, 02:40 PM
Film and tv now review

http://www.filmandtvnow.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-review/
They gave it 3 stars, so far a couple of reviews have been 3 stars out of 5.

TheSkeletonMan939
Critics and audiences alike were pretty hard on Batman v. Superman for being such an abysmal pseudo-intellectual film, whereas I don't think anyone expects anything from this film. I'm sure TMNT will have a higher score.

Vicky82
I'd laugh so hard if this movie has a higher rotten tomato score than Batman/Superman.

It's probably going to be higher score than Warcraft.

TrickOrTreater
05-30-2016, 02:41 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/may/30/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-review-tmnt

I'm 100% confident about the movie being rotten after all the smoke is clear.

Of course it will. It probably sucks.

TigerClaw
05-30-2016, 02:47 PM
I'm seeing a lot of reactions on twitter, and its all positive.

pdizzle
05-30-2016, 02:48 PM
Youtube reviews...

https://youtu.be/kTB1e4kwnP8

https://youtu.be/gTYqWU0cjhM

https://youtu.be/ZBB9t94Dn9Y

https://youtu.be/wE7EqceVTlU

Xiewin
05-30-2016, 02:49 PM
I'm seeing a lot of reactions on twitter, and its all positive.

Oh, you mean just like the last movie?

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 02:50 PM
Oh, you mean just like the last movie?

Don't worry these are the British reviews, it probably change when it's released in America.

Bry
05-30-2016, 03:05 PM
New Review

I mean, not to pick on someone who might have struggles with communication... but oof, that review was painful to read.

Liked that Shredder could teleport and wonder if this was a nod to the massive problem in the first movie when he suddenly is in new york (faster than that guy in a chopper)

... wait, what? Is this explained at all, or does he just have the ability to teleport out of nowhere?

Critics and audiences alike were pretty hard on Batman v. Superman for being such an abysmal pseudo-intellectual film, whereas I don't think anyone expects anything from this film. I'm sure TMNT will have a higher score.

Well, the first BayTurtles scored lower than BvS. I'm sure that this movie has lower expectations than there were for Batman v Superman, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll have a higher score. Movie critics at least try to be (or appear) objective, so I don't see them being too kind here, based on what we're hearing and what it's a sequel to.

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 03:08 PM
I mean, not to pick on someone who might have struggles with communication... but oof, that review was painful to read.

... wait, what? Is this explained at all, or does he just have the ability to teleport out of nowhere?

Don't want to spoil it too much but

it's Baxter that helps Shredder teleport

TheSkeletonMan939
05-30-2016, 03:18 PM

His user profile is just depressing. Seems like an all right guy though.

I'm some one that love's film's,if i had the money i would make my own movies.I was born in England spend all my life in England haven't had much of a life, Im unlucky when it come to love.Just wish i had someone special but that life for you. Im always there for everyone until they stop being there for me.Guess im an easy going guy layed back but i will stick up for my self if someone try to bully me.Spent most of my life alone haven't really found the right girl to be with in life that i can feel comfortable with.That me in a nut shell

unlundun
05-30-2016, 03:28 PM
Saw it today, and I must say I feel its only slightly better than the first one. Its a more coherent film, as far as films go, but fans of the original comics/ original 1990 film will most probably struggle through it. It has to be remembered that this is a film made for kids, and we're not going to get the 1990 film again (which ironically was also made for kids but was not dumbed down or cheapened by the need to fill more seats). I am not a fan of any of the cartoon characters, (Bebop and rocksteady/ krang) but this film plays like a feature length episode of that show, with lots of product placement and cultural references thrown in for good measure. Casey Jones is a security officer (?) Shredder is known only as "The shredder" - and never given a name, they speak of the retromutagen as the "purple ooze" and the relationship or lack thereof between Krang and The Shredder is ham fisted. the whole film is ham fisted, clunky, rushed and pretty gaudy. There is no real sense of threat, because the bad guys are never established beyond bebop and rocksteady, despite them being the "errand boys" - The desire for something gritty and full of heart in a TMNT film goes unfulfilled once again! ah well, always have the 1990 film!

ToTheNines
05-30-2016, 03:35 PM
I um...Wait what? But the Turtles are Japanese American?

These turtles aren't.

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 03:41 PM
These turtles aren't.

None of the turtle versions are Japanese American, they were all born in America. IDW turtles are probably close to being Japanese American.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
05-30-2016, 03:48 PM

Wow, they're fans of adjectives aren't they?

alypkm
05-30-2016, 03:55 PM
True, the OT show isn't exactly good but to people who grew up with it, it was amazing at the time. It is also responsible for introducing the world to TMNT. We can love the mirage comics all we want, but without the OT show, Ninja Turtles would have died off early on. It was the OT show that caused people to follow the franchise. It's responsible for the movies, 2003 series, and the 2012 series. Whether you love it or hate it, is irrelevant. It IS responsible for introducing so many people to the characters. The same way that the 60s Batman introduced people to that character.

I actually grew up with it , and I was a huge TMNT fan since day one, but honestly even when I was kid, I only liked the turtles and the characters, I hated everything else about the show, I just loved the overall idea and when the 2k3 show was made I was so relieved that my favorite characters are finally getting a good show, yes , I still get that nostalgic feeling when I see the original cartoon, and I still collect the old figures, but damn I dont wanna see this cartoon turtned into a live action movie with all its stupidity, and its not the definitive TMNT, yes its how people knew about the TMNT franchise but that doesnt mean that every single live action movie has to be a copy of the 80s cartoon to get everyones aproval...we need something new, the IDW comics has bebop rocksteady and elements from all the adaptations of the turtles but still has its own flare, they didnt dump the whole comics down just to introduce new characters.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
05-30-2016, 04:17 PM
http://www.flickfilosopher.com/2016/05/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shadows-movie-review-shell-schlock.html

1.5/5 stars.

sethmartin
05-30-2016, 04:33 PM

I think it will. Granted, TMNT isn't an academy award winning film, but BVS, that was just a long drawn out depressing pile of crap that met nobody's expectations. Turtles at least has some things going for it that make it an entertaining film. Guaranteed it gets higher than BVS. No sad Megan memes.

Foombamaroom
05-30-2016, 04:33 PM
Damn, this thing is getting torn to shreds. That's really unsurprising.

Autbot_Benz
05-30-2016, 04:35 PM
wait for its release on friday when actual reviewers review it like Schomes Knows Chris Stuckman Black Nerd Richard Roeper Jeremy Jahns etc.

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 04:36 PM
Another review

http://letterboxd.com/josh2410/film/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows/

sethmartin
05-30-2016, 04:41 PM
I actually grew up with it , and I was a huge TMNT fan since day one, but honestly even when I was kid, I only liked the turtles and the characters, I hated everything else about the show, I just loved the overall idea and when the 2k3 show was made I was so relieved that my favorite characters are finally getting a good show, yes , I still get that nostalgic feeling when I see the original cartoon, and I still collect the old figures, but damn I dont wanna see this cartoon turtned into a live action movie with all its stupidity, and its not the definitive TMNT, yes its how people knew about the TMNT franchise but that doesnt mean that every single live action movie has to be a copy of the 80s cartoon to get everyones aproval...we need something new, the IDW comics has bebop rocksteady and elements from all the adaptations of the turtles but still has its own flare, they didnt dump the whole comics down just to introduce new characters.

Oh I get what you are saying perfectly. To me, it was the 1990 movie. It felt like a big kids/ adult version of ninja turtles and at 8 years old, made the show start to feel amateurish to me. I looked forward to the films from then on, until Ninja Turtles 3. Then I kind of lost interest in the turtles for a while. I never watched the 2003 show. I was grown and doing other things by then. However, I did still pick up the comic books and when the 2007 movie came out, I started catching up on the 2003 show.

TigerClaw
05-30-2016, 04:42 PM
wait for its release on friday when actual reviewers review it like Schomes Knows Chris Stuckman Black Nerd Richard Roeper Jeremy Jahns etc.
and the guys from Collider Movie Talk, They liked the 1st one, so I'm curious what they think of this one.

jenna
05-30-2016, 04:50 PM

Difficult to say. Yes the room was about three quarters full, at a 10.20am showing. But the room was tiny - it was one of those dinky cinema rooms.

Vicky82
05-30-2016, 04:50 PM
If anyone prefers to follow metacritic and not rotten tomatoes. here's the link.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2

Hero
05-30-2016, 04:55 PM
My daughter and me were in a room with 5 other people at an early showing this morning. When we got out there were more punters queuing for a later 2D showing.

Nice to see one small group of kids bringing Turtles plushies along with them.

In short. I really enjoyed this movie. It was much better than I expected.

pdizzle
05-30-2016, 05:09 PM
Yea. These are the reviews I'm looking forward to, as I think we already knew what the critics sensuous would be. Don't really follow critics but I am interested in actual franchise fans and regular movie goers opinions of movies, whether good or bad.

TigerClaw
05-30-2016, 06:35 PM
Here's another video review.

d16JTTSqqLA

DioLeo451
05-30-2016, 07:02 PM
Another review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNHT-IvwP7w

Bry
05-30-2016, 08:33 PM
Another glowing review here (http://www.flickfilosopher.com/2016/05/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shadows-movie-review-shell-schlock.html). :tlol:

Even a tiny inkling of the absurdity of all such stories could carry a movie like this on a merry path, but there is not a lick of wit to be found here (unless you think spitballs and farts are amusing). Shadows is downright leaden, though it obviously believes there is humor in its loud, chaotic juvenility. It would be an unfair insult to cartoons to call this cartoonish; better to say that it fails to even rise to that level. Simply embracing hoary clichés — the brothers are not only divvied up into the leader, the muscle, the brains, and the goofball, they also argue about how one-dimensional they are — does not constitute comedic commentary. Most tedious of all, though, are the samey-same sci-fi action blockbuster shenanigans that howl for a seemingly endless two hours. Screenwriters Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec — who perpetrated the appallingly bad American Life on Mars TV show — and director Dave Green steal bits of story, visuals, and sometimes even entire sequences from the likes of Ghostbusters and Independence Day, Avengers and The Dark Knight. And not in any amusing or knowing way. Not in any way that is the least bit surprising or unexpected. (The whole wormhole-over-Manhattan thing has been done to death.) It’s all depressingly familiar and conventional.

Bonus points for doing the bare minimum of research (more than the producers?) to understand the importance of the property's satirical origins, and having a much stronger criticism about how this movie completely fails on that level.

Galactus
05-30-2016, 08:42 PM
and the guys from Collider Movie Talk, They liked the 1st one, so I'm curious what they think of this one.

Well...they liked it at the time but certainly a lot of there articles since then have painted the idea that they didn't rate it that highly at all.

It's kinda interesting that while almost all the reviews so far have pointed out it's better than the previous movie some have pointed out that they are scoring it the same. It seems to me people overrated the previous movie for not being as bad as it could be while the same people are overrating the sequel by the same degree for not being as bad as the previous movie.

It's kinda funny when you think about it.:)

CyberCubed
05-30-2016, 08:53 PM
So the general gist of reviews is its a better film than the first movie, but not by much.

TigerClaw
05-30-2016, 09:06 PM
Well...they liked it at the time but certainly a lot of there articles since then have painted the idea that they didn't rate it that highly at all.

It's kinda interesting that while almost all the reviews so far have pointed out it's better than the previous movie some have pointed out that they are scoring it the same. It seems to me people overrated the previous movie for not being as bad as it could be while the same people are overrating the sequel by the same degree for not being as bad as the previous movie.

It's kinda funny when you think about it.:)
Part of that reason is cause this movie has the characters that should've been in the 1st one, so it's getting better ratings cause of it.

unlundun
05-31-2016, 01:26 AM
my biggest issue with this, and Michael Bay films in general is just how awkward the tone is, this bizarre glossy, product placement, physics defying, garish, "throw in tv personality/sport/cool car" ******** - jerking from epic string driven orchestral to crappy pop song sound track - the opening sequence with April stealing data from Baxter plays out like some horrible american sitcom, its clunky, sexist as hell and just badly put together and has nothing at all to do with TMNT - TMNT is all about the rise of the footclan, the palpable hatred between Oroku Saki and Splinter, the turtles as vigilantes seeking to end Shredders tyranny. Why did the 90's movie get it so right? Because the humour was grounded and characters developed under street lamps and the dark of the sewers - when a film is endlessly quotable, its the sign of a good script, so 90's movie nostalgia aside, a good film speaks for itself. Everyone remembers the knife in the TV screen as our introduction to The Shredder -or his scene as he greets the punk kids, he is a threat, a dark menace. The Shredder is supposed to be feared. This film is basically just a live action episode of the cartoon, with some horrible Michael bay "Drive cool cars! Support the troops! Support the police!' grossness.

Jasey Cones
05-31-2016, 03:41 AM

Well, the first BayTurtles scored lower than BvS. I'm sure that this movie has lower expectations than there were for Batman v Superman, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll have a higher score. Movie critics at least try to be (or appear) objective, so I don't see them being too kind here, based on what we're hearing and what it's a sequel to.
Yeah its explained but fairly pointless to the new plot so I like to think its a nod to the first movies problem

Vicky82
05-31-2016, 04:11 AM
New Reviews

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2016/05/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-review-2/

http://kneelbeforeblog.co.uk/movies/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows/?platform=hootsuite

https://film.list.co.uk/article/81066-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows/

TigerClaw
05-31-2016, 06:25 AM
New Reviews

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2016/05/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-review-2/

http://kneelbeforeblog.co.uk/movies/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows/?platform=hootsuite

https://film.list.co.uk/article/81066-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows/
The 1st review doesn't show anything, on the page it just says Test on it.

Here's a working link, looks like they didn't like it.
http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2016/05/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-movie-review/

Hero
05-31-2016, 06:38 AM

Are you suggesting people in the UK aren't good at reviews? :)

Bry
05-31-2016, 07:10 AM

I'm curious what makes Stuckman, Meadows and Jahns "actual reviewers" over anyone else who's reviewed the movie so far, including professional critics working for major publications? Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed their videos, they've made their share of good points... but they're by a rule fan reviewers, and that means they bring fan biases into their reviews that can colour their objectivity to look at them as movies on their own merits.

And I'm sorry, but fan reviewers have a habit of glossing over actually important things like story structure, plot, character development, directing, etc., and focusing on fan service above all else. That's never the sign of a good review. A good review should always make you think about the gears of the thing, who the characters are, how the story works and what it has to say, not just confirm ones' own bias.

So the general gist of reviews is its a better film than the first movie, but not by much.

Maybe too early to call it a pattern, but at least a few have said as much, and made a point to note how low that bar is to clear.

They set the bar as low as possible, completely failing to make a decent (or even coherent) movie in 2014... then make a marginal (and shallow) improvement in the sequel, and the fans who want to like it fall over themselves praising them for it, throwing money at it, even spending hours of their own time actively promoting it. Gang... do you ever feel like you're being tricked? :trazz:

Vicky82
05-31-2016, 07:17 AM
Another British review

http://www.heyuguys.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-review/

LeotheLateBloomer
05-31-2016, 07:50 AM
I'm curious what makes Stuckman, Meadows and Jahns "actual reviewers" over anyone else who's reviewed the movie so far, including professional critics working for major publications? Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed their videos, they've made their share of good points... but they're by a rule fan reviewers, and that means they bring fan biases into their reviews that can colour their objectivity to look at them as movies on their own merits.

And I'm sorry, but fan reviewers have a habit of glossing over actually important things like story structure, plot, character development, directing, etc., and focusing on fan service above all else. That's never the sign of a good review. A good review should always make you think about the gears of the thing, who the characters are, how the story works and what it has to say, not just confirm ones' own bias.

Maybe too early to call it a pattern, but at least a few have said as much, and made a point to note how low that bar is to clear.

They set the bar as low as possible, completely failing to make a decent (or even coherent) movie in 2014... then make a marginal (and shallow) improvement in the sequel, and the fans who want to like it fall over themselves praising them for it, throwing money at it, even spending hours of their own time actively promoting it. Gang... do you ever feel like you're being tricked? :trazz:

Wasn't it Stuckman that say that the old TMNT movies were never good?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-31-2016, 08:02 AM
http://whatculture.com/film-tv/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-11-awful-moments-everyone-will-hate

Don't worry, everyone, the third movie will be better.

Who wants to bet against me regarding the announcement of Blasphemous TMNT CashGrab 3? I say we hear Platinum Dunes announce the third movie no later than August 1st.

Hero
05-31-2016, 08:14 AM
I like a lot of what Whatculture puts out. Can't say I fully agree with that rundown for OOTS though.

ZariusTwo
05-31-2016, 08:18 AM
Just got back from Out of the Shadows

As a love letter to the 80's toon, it's a lot of fun, it has a lot of interesting plotlines and they all stream together fairly well, there's some some good stakes, solid action sequences, and everyone has great chemistry

Bebop and Rocksteady were note-perfect, even the fart joke worked, and that rarely happens in these kids movies.

Being aimed at the family, there are zero casualties...not even when Rocksteady uses a tank to tear apart the plane they're on, all the shots miss the pilots, and when they're sucked out, they use parachutes.

Sadly, as a result of this, the Technodrome is pretty wasted. I don't know if that's an intentional nod to how useless it is most of the time in the cartoon, but it doesn't even get the chance to blitz the city. The eyeball does make an appearance though, which was a nice visual treat.

Not many battles occur with the Turtles and the Foot Ninjas, in fact there's more action between them and Casey when he first meets April than with the Turtles.

Vernon's little arc has it's moments, like the Turtles playing spitball with him

Shredder. Does. Nothing. He stands around and gives orders the whole film, but does not once interact with the Turtles, and then Krang double-crosses him, freezes him, and sticks him inside the Technodrome.

Baxter is hauled off to a cell in Tokyo, I presume he'll be turned into a fly when next we meet him.

Krang is very much like his 80's toon counterpart, and a decent match for the Turtles in the last act.

Splinter quips a bit at the beginning, but soon settles back into his wise sage mod near the end when the time came to resolve the Ooze storyline.

The Ooze plotline is where the movie is at it's most compelling, with Raphael and Micheangelo manipulating Casey and April into doing things their way while Leonardo and Donatello do their own thing, it leads to some strong scenes and acting

The plane to waterfall transition is the film's big action scene, it's a shame so much of it was already seen in the trailers

If you like the classic cartoon, you'll probably find plenty to enjoy, if you don't like these movies, there's plenty wrong with it

I'd give it a generous **. Awful if you're going in with critical faculties, decent if you're a fan of the old cartoon or have kids.

Vicky82
05-31-2016, 08:26 AM
http://whatculture.com/film-tv/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-11-awful-moments-everyone-will-hate

Who wants to bet against me regarding the announcement of Blasphemous TMNT CashGrab 3? I say we hear Platinum Dunes announce the third movie no later than August 1st.

I'm betting next week. In 2014 they announced the 2nd movie a few days after the 1st movie released.

Couple of things from that article.

I didn't notice any product placement in the movie but maybe it's because i'm British and not familiar with American Products.

I expected Krang to be less than 10 mins in the movie, I did not expect to see him during the 1st half of the movie.

I liked it when the turtles are arguing because it made the movie a bit more tense.

I disagree with the last one when they said the portal thing is a complete rip off of the Avengers because they were a lot of episodes in the 80s toon that involved the portal and Krang using it to come to earth.

Bry
05-31-2016, 08:47 AM

Flash forward to 2020:

"So BayTurtles 4: Rise of Mondo Gecko wasn't the best, but just hang in there, dudes! The fifth movie is gonna be great! If we don't support this one they'll never have a chance to get it right! Have faith!!"

Technogeek29
05-31-2016, 09:04 AM
Flash forward to 2020:

"So BayTurtles 4: Rise of Mondo Gecko wasn't the best, but just hang in there, dudes! The fifth movie is gonna be great! If we don't support this one they'll never have a chance to get it right! Have faith!!"

Only major threats left are The Triceratons and Dregg. nobody else is that high profile where it wouldn't expand beyond street level. Rat King if you played around with him for a bit since he is never the same in any version but still not that high on the threat level these movies keep trying to make everything.

ToTheNines
05-31-2016, 09:25 AM
Only major threats left are The Triceratons and Dregg. nobody else is that high profile where it wouldn't expand beyond street level. Rat King if you played around with him for a bit since he is never the same in any version but still not that high on the threat level these movies keep trying to make everything.

They could rip off Amazing Spidey again and have him try to turn everyone into rat people.

Leolead
05-31-2016, 09:37 AM
That's probably what they'll do

KrangRules33
05-31-2016, 09:40 AM
Well personally whatever happens to Krang, Shredder, and the Technodrome, I personally hope all are back in part 3...it would be a crime to ignore Krang and the Technodrome after setting them up in this...even if Baxter becomes a fly or perhaps they bring in the Rat King or something....I still think they are needed and besides how much fun will it be to have them come from Dimension X via the portal...maybe bring in General Traag and the Rock Soldiers???

Bry
05-31-2016, 09:55 AM
They could rip off Amazing Spidey again and have him try to turn everyone into rat people.

Oh, that's pretty much a guarantee. And dont forget to put a scene of a brainwashed Splinter dragging a pizza down some subway stairs in there as a "hilarious" reference to a years-old Internet video. And then... I dunno, he burps and farts in front of the Turtles? That's what comedy is, right?

I'm just saying, my rates are quite reasonable, Platinum Dunes.

(How many burp/fart/dick "jokes" are in this thing, anyway? Just in case I need to update my portfolio...)

ZariusTwo
05-31-2016, 09:57 AM
Oh, that's pretty much a guarantee. And dont forget to put a scene of a brainwashed Splinter dragging a pizza down some subway stairs in there as a "hilarious" reference to a years-old Internet video. And then... I dunno, he burps and farts in front of the Turtles? That's what comedy is, right?

I'm just saying, my rates are quite reasonable, Platinum Dunes.

(How many burp/fart/dick "jokes" are in this thing, anyway? Just in case I need to update my portfolio...)

I had to have a few dick jokes pointed out to me online because they did'nt really register with me when I watched it, there's at least one scene where Rocksteady breaks wind though.