PDA

View Full Version : Is Mutagen Man gone for good?

Papenbrook
05-16-2016, 02:09 PM
I don't think he's coming back... :(

neatoman
05-16-2016, 02:26 PM
No crap, he hasn't made a relevant appearance for 62 episodes.

Aaronardo
05-16-2016, 02:26 PM
Me neither. And anyone who thinks Mutagen Man will come back has way too much faith in the new writing team.

Ninturtle
05-16-2016, 02:48 PM
Me neither. And anyone who thinks Mutagen Man will come back has way too much faith in the new writing team.

I asked Auman and he said "Maybe!", so who knows.

miru
05-16-2016, 02:50 PM
Yeah, I think he's just gonna be a prop from now on. Maybe that's for Amazing Adventures or a simple off-hand mention or background event to answer. Or...

Turtles Forever 2 has Mutagen Man as the villain.

Nasubionna
05-16-2016, 02:58 PM
Much as I REALLY wish he'd make a reappearance besides just being a fixture in Donnie's lab, I don't have a lot of faith in the current showrunners/writers team to make this happen. I hope I'm wrong, though. :(

Splinter the boss
05-16-2016, 03:13 PM
it's true the writing team has not mentioned the guy in quite a while, however I cannot say yes to the question since it would just be stupid to not wrap up his plot because it woud be great chatacter development for both Donatello and him.

GoldMutant
05-16-2016, 03:38 PM
(sighs) How many times do we need to start a thread on him when it's all the same? Sorry, it's just getting frustrating but eh, talking is what I do best. :ohwell:

Considering the last mention of him was The Noxious Avenger, a lazy rehash of Muckman Messes Up from the Fred Wolf era with no relation to the series outside the season 3 finale barely, no. Last onscreen appearance in terms of character was Mutagen Man Unleashed, practically two seasons ago now. Barring all the cameos, theories and such, there's no way we're seeing him again. He was a character introduced at the wrong time frame and I'm not going to keep mentioning the budget and scheduling...

Unless there's a slight glance at humans vs mutants after the break, don't even bother. There's no happy ending for the goofball, let alone an ending at all. No subtlety besides Don's guilt, which is glanced over. Yeah, apathetic attitude. :roll:

CyberCubed
05-16-2016, 03:41 PM
He'll probably come back toward the end of the show to undo his mutation.

Foombamaroom
05-16-2016, 04:09 PM
"Mutagen Man? Who's Mutagen Man?" - The writers.

neatoman
05-16-2016, 04:28 PM
If I remember correctly, MM was only in the show because some writer played around with a MM toy in the staff meetings.

Splinter the boss
05-16-2016, 04:52 PM
If I remember correctly, MM was only in the show because some writer played around with a MM toy in the staff meetings.

Is this a sarcastic comment or are you serious? Can never tell when it's online:D

Chaotix12345
05-16-2016, 04:58 PM
He'll be back once he gets out of the GS Ball. :P

FredWolfLeonardo
05-16-2016, 06:19 PM
The upcoming humans vs mutants arc seems like a fitting way to use him after being gone for so long.

ssjup81
05-17-2016, 04:08 AM
Until the series actually comes to an end, I can't say one way or the other.

TurFlytle
05-17-2016, 04:52 AM
He'll be back for the last 5 seconds of the series finale. then die. :lol:

Shark_Blade
05-17-2016, 07:43 AM
He is dead to me lol. :tlol:

Aaronardo
05-17-2016, 03:37 PM
He'll be back for the last 5 seconds of the series finale. then die. :lol:

As much as I like to laugh about that, I can't help but wonder if that's what the writers will actually do.

TMNTInsighter
05-20-2016, 06:28 PM
He shouldn't be.
If I were making a list of the top five who need to come back, he's definitely there. Not only did it focus on a fanboy-like character we MIGHT relate to (only more so if we were that dense), the sense of responsibility that characters like Don inhabit(ed), and the side-note fact that Mutagen Man usually becomes a member of the Mutanimals in whatever they show up in. These things, the latter most of all, should result in a return for him but it just hasn't happened yet.

Hero
05-21-2016, 04:29 AM
I wonder where "Timothy" is.

There's another good candidate there for The Mutanimals. Like with Sir Malachai, he's another wanting to fit in somewhere. Something better to do than be a giant paperweight in a lab. :)

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
05-29-2016, 10:56 AM
I wonder where "Timothy" is.

There's another good candidate there for The Mutanimals. Like with Sir Malachai, he's another wanting to fit in somewhere. Something better to do than be a giant paperweight in a lab. :)

Where was he seen last time?

Skinrash
06-02-2016, 04:10 AM
It's Baxter Stockman from the OT all over again. If you're no longer going to use a recurring character, then give him some kind of closure. Don't just leave him to rot somewhere until he has faded into obscurity.

ssjup81
06-02-2016, 04:29 AM
It's Baxter Stockman from the OT all over again. If you're no longer going to use a recurring character, then give him some kind of closure. Don't just leave him to rot somewhere until he has faded into obscurity.Well, as far as I'm concerned, OT Baxter died. He was trapped between dimensions in his final appearance and I doubt he would've been able to eat or anything...so yeah. He probably also lost all of his intelligence after a while too.

Skinrash
06-02-2016, 04:44 AM
Well, as far as I'm concerned, OT Baxter died. He was trapped between dimensions in his final appearance and I doubt he would've been able to eat or anything...so yeah. He probably also lost all of his intelligence after a while too.
Pretty much, left to die in a alien world with no friends. A rather gruesome outcome for someone to receive in a otherwise lighthearted show. Looks like MM is headed down a similar path. Pretty cruel fates to give to characters who weren't much evil to begin with.

victory_angel
06-02-2016, 01:18 PM
Pretty much, left to die in a alien world wi"th no friends. A rather gruesome outcome for someone to receive in a otherwise lighthearted show. Looks like MM is headed down a similar path. Pretty cruel fates to give to characters who weren't much evil to begin with.

It's Donnie who will likely end him since Timothy is his responcibility. He wouldn't want to do it but in the end there will be no choice and it will hurt him greatly.

This could go one of two ways:

1. Donnie's family and or loved one(s) are in mortal danger. Donnie comes to a heartbreaking decision and says "I'm sorry Timothy" before sending him into a fall off a ledge or something. Death is implied.

2. This is the more ironic outcome. Donnie hurriedly introduces retromutagen into Timothy's mutagen and instead of healing and restoring Timothy to human as hoped it instead has a more violent reaction such as a matter and antimatter meeting.

Skinrash
06-03-2016, 12:35 AM
It's Donnie who will likely end him since Timothy is his responcibility. He wouldn't want to do it but in the end there will be no choice and it will hurt him greatly.

This could go one of two ways:

1. Donnie's family and or loved one(s) are in mortal danger. Donnie comes to a heartbreaking decision and says "I'm sorry Timothy" before sending him into a fall off a ledge or something. Death is implied.

2. This is the more ironic outcome. Donnie hurriedly introduces retromutagen into Timothy's mutagen and instead of healing and restoring Timothy to human as hoped it instead has a more violent reaction such as a matter and antimatter meeting.

That would be some kind of closure or end to his story arch at least. But if the show ends with no more appearances or mentions of MM then we're just left to assume he's stuck in a jar until he dies of old age or some other natural cause. I really hope this isn't Karai's fate as well, for how long have they tried to unmutate her now?

Splinter the boss
06-03-2016, 03:58 AM
There is no way they would do that to Karai. She is too important of a character to be done like that.

Papenbrook
06-07-2016, 12:05 AM
I asked Auman and he said "Maybe!", so who knows.

Do you have a source of that confirmation?

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
06-07-2016, 01:49 AM
What about Metalhead as well? One of the most emotional moments of the new show was when Donnie promised to fix him. He has yet to do that too. That's really lame for me because I thought this version of Metalhead was really awesome.

victory_angel
06-07-2016, 02:09 AM
What about Metalhead as well? One of the most emotional moments of the new show was when Donnie promised to fix him. He has yet to do that too. That's really lame for me because I thought this version of Metalhead was really awesome.

According to someone on the Drome, Metalhead's already been rebuilt as he has been shown standing in the background of Donnie's lab at points. He hasn't been activated yet...and probably won't until Honeycutt becomes part of the show again.

After all, in the 2k3 when Honeycutt destroyed himself to take out the federation and Triceraton fleets, his data uploaded itself to a satellite.

Then following that Donnie kept getting calls that would just be essentially modem noise. Donnie eventually translates it to realizes that it's Honeycutt trying to contact him and he downloads him to his computer. And then sometime later Leatherhead makes a new body for the Fugitoid, but since Earth's tech is vastly inferior to the rest of the universe, it was rudimentary in appearance.

During the final moments of Earths Last Stand, we do get a moment that suggests that Honeycutt is still alive. But as his robot body is just a brain in a machine, once the Turtles learn the professor is still alive. Donnie would simply need to augment metalhead so that instead of using AI he has a brain case.

Ninturtle
06-07-2016, 03:31 PM

Here you go

ToTheNines
06-07-2016, 03:34 PM

Just two more posts until you retire :) :ttwisted: :ttwisted: