PDA

View Full Version : [Comment] It's my fault...

Papenbrook
05-16-2016, 05:03 PM
Throughout my time on the Technodrome Forums, I did some pretty messed up activities.I created unneeded threads, unnecessary posts, and unnerving replies- all of which started the drama. I also caused a handful of people to leave this place (BubblyShell, pennydreadful, Leo656). It was all my fault.

I was going through a difficult time in my life. I had social anxiety, my family moved a lot, and my dad went to jail.

But still, that is no excuse.

I would like to apologize to everyone on these forums.

I know that I will mature and become a wise individual. However, I can't keep participating in problems that will, eventually, hurt someone. I don't think my conscience can take it. So, I am leaving the forums. For good.

I will leave you all with this: don't become like me. Don't turn into a irresponsible, unforgiving human being. Make the right choices in life. Try to support what you believe in. Be respectful towards everyone.

This is the end. Bye.

ToTheNines
05-16-2016, 05:08 PM
First of all, if you actually ran off Bubblyshell... GOD BLESS YOU. She was an unbearable turd.

Secondly, you had nothing to do with Leo's ragequit. He got upset that someone else didn't want to see a movie he was excited about... and it ended up being a boring clunker anyways.

Anyways... you're weird. Thanks for spicing those place up though. Farewell.

Powder
05-16-2016, 05:10 PM
Oh please, none of those people left because of you.

See you tomorrow.

The Deadman
05-16-2016, 05:10 PM
Secondly, you had nothing to do with Leo's ragequit. He got upset that someone else didn't want to see a movie he was excited about... and it ended up being a boring clunker anyways.

Ironically enough he did the same thing to me about TMNT 2.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-16-2016, 05:13 PM
First of all, if you actually ran off Bubblyshell... GOD BLESS YOU. She was an unbearable turd.

Was she? I never really knew her that well, but she came off as a normal, nice person to me. Was she secretly a turd though?

ToTheNines
05-16-2016, 05:14 PM
Ironically enough he did the same thing to me about TMNT 2.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he lost his mind. Someone told me he was talking about getting this place shut down in someone's visitor messages lol. Maybe he'll show Zack Snyder all the mean things we said and he'll pull some strings.

Was she? I never really knew her that well, but she came off as a normal, nice person to me. Was she secretly a turd though?

Her posts were normally pretty innocuous and tame, but then she'd go on pretty bigoted and close minded rants, and randomly gripe about how her mom had to drive her everywhere lol

GoldMutant
05-16-2016, 05:16 PM

Bubbly's views on certain subjects and attitude on specific threads in the DU caused her to leave. That, and I think her personal life soon began to influence some of her posts. Personally, I think she's cool but I do feel her life and a few arguments caused her to quit and did get, well out of control. Hope she's alright though. :ohwell:

plastroncafe
05-16-2016, 05:17 PM

I never found it to be that much of a secret, honestly.
Though many of our disagreements came else-forum with at-the-time far less stringent rules regarding the discussion of politics.

Krutch
05-16-2016, 05:34 PM
So long, Papenbrook. We never really chatted, so... yeah... hope things get better on your end :)

I liked Leo, but seriously... his blind devotion to the Snyderverse reads like a comedy skit. That being said, hope he comes back around some day.

Man, after reading this and the Jakesully thread, anyone ever wonder what the other Dromers think of you? :lol:

plastroncafe
05-16-2016, 05:35 PM
Not really. Other people's opinions of us aren't really our business.

GoldMutant
05-16-2016, 05:42 PM
Bubbly's views on certain subjects and attitude on specific threads in the DU caused her to leave. That, and I think her personal life soon began to influence some of her posts. Personally, I think she's cool but I do feel her life and a few arguments caused her to quit and did get, well out of control. Hope she's alright though. :ohwell:

Regardless of my post from earlier, you have nothing to do with Leo, her, or Penny leaving. It's of their personal choice to focus on themselves; as much as it'd be cool to see them again, I think it's best to leave them alone. Maybe we'll see them soon, but I respect their wishes and understand if they are uncomfortable, or angry.

Whatever's going down in your life, that I can't fix. I know quite a few will not care after all the "controversy", it is what it is. Either way, get any help you need and be safe if you're not returning. If you want to keep in touch with me for example, I got no problem as I've had a rocky school year that's finally getting better.

No matter what though, just seek out assistance, maybe a trainer if you are angry or something along those lines. Either way, take it easy. :) Best of luck to you.

CyberCubed
05-16-2016, 05:54 PM
So many people leaving the forums, don't worry, everyone, I'll be here forever.

I've been here for more than 12+ years since 2004, I'll probably be here for the next 12+ years too. So if you guys stick around you have me to look forward to for the next decade. I can't wait to educate the new young TMNT fans who are currently being born during the 4th or 5th TMNT cartoon about TMNT history in the 2020's.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-16-2016, 06:00 PM
... Forever?

Krutch
05-16-2016, 06:01 PM
So many people leaving the forums, don't worry, everyone, I'll be here forever.

I've been here for more than 12+ years since 2004, I'll probably be here for the next 12+ years too. So if you guys stick around you have me to look forward to for the next decade. I can't wait to educate the new young TMNT fans who are currently being born during the 4th or 5th TMNT cartoon about TMNT history in the 2020's.

Ditto, homie.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-16-2016, 06:06 PM
Nobody left because of you, nor will they.

Stick around and loosen up... have some fun, eat some mangoes. Or don't.

Netkeeper
05-16-2016, 06:16 PM
Man, after reading this and the Jakesully thread, anyone ever wonder what the other Dromers think of you? :lol:
Yup. I constantly do **** I end up regretting soon after, so I wonder what it makes people think.

Mew
05-16-2016, 06:32 PM
Bubbly was always really nice to me, and I talked to her a lot. Didn't know why she dissapeared..

Cure
05-16-2016, 06:42 PM
Finally someone leaves without me having anything to do with it.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-16-2016, 06:52 PM
Heck, I figure I already know what most of you think of me. Some of you like me a lot, some of you think I'm an asshole, and some of you don't really care either way.

Anyone has a problem with me, I'll discuss it reasonably with them. And Papenbrook, you're crazy but you're not the worst pistachio in our nutty little group.

Foombamaroom
05-16-2016, 08:40 PM
Some of you like me a lot, some of you think I'm an asshole.

For me, it's both. ;)

But Papenbrook, you didn't cause anyone to rage.

Hell, I didn't even know Leo raged off of here. But there's no need to blame yourselves for anyone's rage. They left on their own choosing, nothing more.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-16-2016, 08:48 PM
For me, it's both. ;)

But Papenbrook, you didn't cause anyone to rage.

Hell, I didn't even know Leo raged off of here. But there's no need to blame yourselves for anyone's rage. They left on their own choosing, nothing more.

Perfect. :tgrin: You say the sweetest things... :tlol:

Electric
05-16-2016, 09:04 PM
Never had an issue with Bubbly, but I can see what some of you meant.

Was completely unaware that Leo left, and really can't say that I'll miss him. Never got why so many members were infatuated with him anyways...

Papenbrook, don't feel obligated to leave. Everyone can get a bit annoying on here, it happens. Hell, I went off one time at a ton of people in the After Dark group and I know there are quite a few people here who aren't a fan of me. You live and you learn. No need to post apologies, lol, it kind of makes you sound like Super Goku

Autbot_Benz
05-16-2016, 09:09 PM
so does this mean no more getting triggered/ SJW BS on here ?

plastroncafe
05-16-2016, 09:11 PM
I didn't say I was leaving...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-16-2016, 09:32 PM

You're not allowed to quit the 'Drome until after you tell me if you read the latest Rat Queens or not. :twink:

Ninturtle
05-16-2016, 09:43 PM
He said SJW not SJC although I guess the triggered part could apply.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-16-2016, 09:51 PM
I say we start a betting pool on who the next person will be to exit stage left.

plastroncafe
05-16-2016, 10:05 PM
You're not allowed to quit the 'Drome until after you tell me if you read the latest Rat Queens or not. :twink:

Ha!
Actually, did you hear the news regarding that title and the hubbub about the ever changing artist?

He said SJW not SJC although I guess the triggered part could apply.

Fair enough!

Unworthy tinker
05-16-2016, 10:29 PM
Papen, while I do respect your decision to leave, I don't have anything new or different to say. It's not your fault that those people left, so don't take the blame. If you want to leave, whatever, it's your decision, I just don't think you should leave for something that wasn't your fault. If you are gone though, while I wasn't your biggest fan, I still wish you well.

Utrommaniac
05-16-2016, 10:35 PM
I say we start a betting pool on who the next person will be to exit stage left.

Pursued by a bear, perhaps?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-16-2016, 10:45 PM
Ha!
Actually, did you hear the news regarding that title and the hubbub about the ever changing artist?

No, what did you see? Is it being canceled? That last issue was terrible... a WTF ending (which wouldn't bother me if I had confidence in the series) and Hannah nowhere to be found.

plastroncafe
05-17-2016, 12:43 AM
This went up yesterday at the Mary Sue:
http://www.themarysue.com/conflicting-accounts-plague-rat-queens/

See also:
http://blackgirlnerds.com/twitter-rat-queens-domestic-abuse/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Groverman62
05-17-2016, 07:06 PM
Never got why so many members were infatuated with him anyways...

How did you feel about him?

Anyways Papenbrook, dont beat yourself up. Yeah Im not fond of you mainly because you could get too social justice warrior-ey at times, but you never hurt anybody or damaged the site.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-17-2016, 07:44 PM
This went up yesterday at the Mary Sue:
http://www.themarysue.com/conflicting-accounts-plague-rat-queens/

See also:
http://blackgirlnerds.com/twitter-rat-queens-domestic-abuse/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

That's disgusting. Wow, I'm really conflicted now. I've loved Rat Queens and the original artist (POS that he is), but the story has really become scattered and listless.

Are you going to keep reading? I feel like I should boycott... and honestly, at the moment, it'd be pretty easy to drop the series.

plastroncafe
05-17-2016, 07:50 PM
It's clear to me that the magic of the first couple of arcs was due to a collaboration between the two guys. I'm fine with shifting art styles, but the story just isn't there, and I'd rather not line the pockets of a guy who beats his wife.

So it's less a boycott and me just moving on from the book.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-17-2016, 07:53 PM
It's clear to me that the magic of the first couple of arcs was due to a collaboration between the two guys. I'm fine with shifting art styles, but the story just isn't there, and I'd rather not line the pockets of a guy who beats his wife.

So it's less a boycott and me just moving on from the book.

Yeah. It still astonishes me that story and characters would suffer simply from changing artists, but that's definitely been the case.

If there were any indication that the man had cleaned up his act and was doing right by his family (while also staying the hell away from them, cleaned up act or not), I'd give him a second chance. But it sounds like the booted artist and the wife are right: this was always the team's plan, hoping to sweep things quietly under the rug and pick back up later on.

Appalling. Oh well, I've still got Clean Room. Didja check that out yet? :tsmile:

plastroncafe
05-17-2016, 07:56 PM
Nah not yet. I haven't been to the comicshop in months.
Though now that I won't be buying RQ there's room on my Comixology roster...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-17-2016, 08:07 PM
Nah not yet. I haven't been to the comicshop in months.
Though now that I won't be buying RQ there's room on my Comixology roster...

I think you'd like it. Very strong female characters, very unique story... quite gripping so far, IMO.

snake
05-17-2016, 10:45 PM
None of it matters but you still bring it up. Riiiiight.

If you're leaving for real, then I can't say I'll miss you.

Electric
05-17-2016, 11:44 PM
How did you feel about him?

Anyways Papenbrook, dont beat yourself up. Yeah Im not fond of you mainly because you could get too social justice warrior-ey at times, but you never hurt anybody or damaged the site.

Wasnt really a fan. As others have said, the guy could be incredibly stubborn. Also felt like he thought his opinions trumped everyones, just because he was himself. Confidence in your opinion is one thing, this was another

Commenter 42
05-18-2016, 01:12 AM
“We live as we dream - alone. While the dream disappears, the life continues painfully.”

Later kid.

CyberCubed
05-18-2016, 05:36 PM
Woah, all I want is on the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again

On the road again

On the road again
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world be runnin' our way

And our way is on the road again
The life I love is makin' music for my friends

And on the road again
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world be runnin' our way

And our way is on the road again
I can't wait to get on the road again

I can't wait to get on the road again
I can't wait to get on the road

ToTheNines
05-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Pappy, if you're really leaving... do me a favor and post just 6 more times. We'd forgive you for everything.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-18-2016, 07:31 PM
I wonder when this thread will be locked too.

GoldMutant
05-18-2016, 07:32 PM
I wonder when this thread will be locked too.

Here's my chance

This thread needs to be locked.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-18-2016, 07:38 PM
Here's my chance

This thread needs to be locked.

Pretty sure PC beat ya to it. Or was that a different thread?

Man, I love when threads spiral out of control past their original intent... :tlol:

GoldMutant
05-18-2016, 07:40 PM
Pretty sure PC beat ya to it. Or was that a different thread?

Man, I love when threads spiral out of control past their original intent... :tlol:

That was Jake's thread for her; besides, I've been preparing Technodrome bingo cards, where mine will win if someone mentioned it. Oops, that means I cheated. :P

The Deadman
05-18-2016, 07:47 PM
>Papen writes a long drawn out goodbye
>logs in the next day

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-18-2016, 07:48 PM
That was Jake's thread for her; besides, I've been preparing Technodrome bingo cards, where mine will win if someone mentioned it. Oops, that means I cheated. :P

Oh, yeah... geez, the madhouse is lively this week! :tgrin:

GoldMutant
05-18-2016, 07:56 PM
Oh, yeah... geez, the madhouse is lively this week! :tgrin:

We're all mad here. :twink: We will be the new guides to the newcomers.... or we scare them off, all up to a vote. :lol:

So, let's see on a Technodrome Forums bingo game:

-Free space
-Cubed and Supergirl
-TrickorTreater vs PD
-Irma controversy for Nick
-"This thread needs to be locked"

I need more suggestions.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-18-2016, 08:12 PM
We're all mad here. :twink: We will be the new guides to the newcomers.... or we scare them off, all up to a vote. :lol:

-Free space
-Cubed and Supergirl
-TrickorTreater vs PD

I need more suggestions.

Well, we lost Jakesully and Amaranthus... they were always good for regular schtick.

How about whenever Etsy goes after Mew? Or Myconius complains about DC comics? Or one of us CW-DC fans gripes about Felicity/Arrow?

Powder
05-18-2016, 08:16 PM
How about let's just not?

CyberCubed
05-18-2016, 08:18 PM
Oh we never know where life will take us
I know it's just a ride on the wheel
And we never know when death will shake us
And we wonder how it will feel

So goodbye my friend
I know I'll never see you again
But the time together through all the years
Will take away these tears
It's okay now
Goodbye my friend

I've seen a lot things that make me crazy
And I guess I held on to you
We could've run away and left well maybe
But it wasn't time and we both knew

So goodbye my friend
I know I'll never see you again
But the love you gave me through all the years
Will take away these tears
I'm okay now
Goodbye my friend

Life's so fragile and love's so pure
We can't hold on but we try
We watch how quickly it disappears
And we never know why

But I'm okay now
Goodbye my friend
You can go now
Goodbye my friend

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-18-2016, 08:30 PM
And once again, I find myself saying that this place would make one hell of a sitcom.

"The Forum"... Krutch, you want to go in as partners on this? I'm too busy with other projects to dedicate 100% of my writing time to this. But I'd do 50%.

The Deadman
05-18-2016, 08:31 PM

-Free space
-Cubed and Supergirl
-TrickorTreater vs PD

I need more suggestions.

The forums hatred for Michael Bay
Asking where a certain character is in the Nick show

MikeandRaph87
05-18-2016, 08:31 PM
And once again, I find myself saying that this place would make one hell of a sitcom.

"The Forum"... Krutch, you want to go in as partners on this? I'm too busy with other projects to dedicate 100% of my writing time to this. But I'd do 50%.

Can I be Uncle Jesse?:D

Seriously though, keep calm and carry on. Thread done!

Cure
05-18-2016, 08:44 PM
How about let's just not?

Yeah, seriously.

CyberCubed
05-18-2016, 08:49 PM
I wonder why you and me fight each other
Don't you see the similarities between us?
Take a minute and see yourself in the mirror
You look like me: those eyes, lips - you can't deny

Have you thought about
Why we look the same?
Why we feel the same?
Don't tell me it's by chance

Oh, you're my brother
You're my sister
We're one big family
Oh, you're my brother
You're my sister
Just one big family