PDA

View Full Version : August 2016 Solicitations

cookie jar
05-17-2016, 11:14 PM
TMNT ONGOING #61
(W) Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (A/CA) Dave Wachter
http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/TMNT61-cvr-MOCKONLY-2a941.jpg
Subscription Variant
http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/TMNT61-cvrRI-MOCKONLY-0cec4.jpg
"Chasing Phantoms" Part 1! While the Turtles and Splinter are still reeling from the events of TMNT #60, they come under attack by the Street Phantoms! Will Splinter let this challenge to his rule stand?

TMNT UNIVERSE #1
W) Paul Allor & Various (A) Damian Couceiro & Various (CA) Freddie Williams
http://www.previewsworld.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES/STL000001-020000/STL012281.jpg
Subscription Variant
http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/TMNT-Universe01-cvrRI-8e9f5.jpg
Introducing a new era in TMNT! This series will explore characters and story-lines that are pivotal to the IDW TMNT universe! When a mysterious new mutant targets Baxter Stockman, it will be up to the TMNT to reluctantly save him. Little does everyone know that a larger trap is being laid by a new arch-foe! Plus a back-up story from TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman and comics legend Bill Sienkiewicz!
• Because YOU demanded it! An ALL-NEW ONGOING series set in the IDW TMNT universe!
• Incredible talent, bringing their unique style to the Turtles!
• A must read for any TMNT fan!

TMNT AMAZING ADVENTURES #13
(W) Caleb Goellner, Matt Manning (A) Chad Thomas, Buster Moody (CA) Jon Sommariva
http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/TMNT-AA-13-cvr-b2248.jpg
Subscription Variant
http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/TMNT-AA-13-cvrSUB-aa9ce.jpg
"The Drip" Part 1! Donatello accidentally creates a new water-based mutant in his lab. The aquatic ally seems peaceful enough... until the Drip realizes there's a lot more water in the world than Don lets on!

MikeandRaph87
05-18-2016, 12:17 AM
I was correct in guessing the n3xt storyline is just two issues in length. Perhaps the follow up of the Street Phantoms challenging Splinter will be as well. I would like to see a cover for 61 as soon as it emerges.

CyberCubed
05-18-2016, 01:35 AM
Interesting to see the Nick comic continuing, the water mutant sounds like it might be pretty fun.

As for TMNT universe, not so interested in seeing Baxter again so soon when there are other villains that need a lot more screentime than he does. Hopefully the new villain mutants are interesting.

neatoman
05-18-2016, 02:15 AM
No cover for 61?

ProphetofGanja
05-18-2016, 06:23 AM
No cover for 61?

I'm guessing that until we get the next one or two issues it's too spoilery to reveal just yet

ChosenOne
05-18-2016, 08:07 AM
TMNT #61 covers:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/TMNT61-cvr-MOCKONLY-2a941.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/TMNT61-cvrRI-MOCKONLY-0cec4.jpg

And a little extra tidbit that comes with the solicitation for the subscription variant:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #61 -- Subscription Variant
Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Dave Wachter (a) • Kevin Eastman (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
•Plus the secret love life of Harold Illja!
•Variant cover by Carlos D'Anda!

Utrommaniac
05-18-2016, 08:26 AM
Plus the secret love life of Harold Illja!

It's about time we got around to that!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-18-2016, 08:31 AM
Street Phantoms, huh? Well, yeah, I guess I could stand to see them again. They've got a seriously threatening arsenal of technology, so sure.

Stockman, a new mutant, and some new arch foe? OH YES PLEASE. :tcool:

ChosenOne
05-18-2016, 08:38 AM
I think it's safe to infer that Melisandre and Ghost Kitsune and Alopex escape the Foot HQ in #60, possibly even with Shredder's body. Whatever happens, I wouldn't mind seeing Alopex in a brainwashed-villain role for a while. She's become a bit pointless to have around otherwise.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-18-2016, 08:44 AM
I think it's safe to infer that Melisandre and Ghost Kitsune and Alopex escape the Foot HQ in #60, possibly even with Shredder's body. Whatever happens, I wouldn't mind seeing Alopex in a brainwashed-villain role for a while. She's become a bit pointless to have around otherwise.

Agreed. She was much more interesting as an antagonist... then Sophie drew her like a cuddly widdle ball of fluff, she and Angel saved the Turtles FAR too many times...

Let's have her go "Cujo" again against the Turtles.

CyberCubed
05-18-2016, 11:29 AM
By new mutant do they mean a totally unique character just created for the IDW universe, or do they just mean new character who hasn't been seen in IDW yet? For all we know Rahzar and Tokka could be attacking Baxter.

MikeandRaph87
05-18-2016, 11:30 AM
Street Phantoms, huh? Well, yeah, I guess I could stand to see them again. They've got a seriously threatening arsenal of technology, so sure.

Stockman, a new mutant, and some new arch foe? OH YES PLEASE. :tcool:

I am wondering if Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything will have a subplot leading into TMNT Universe's initial arc.

PaulAllor
05-18-2016, 11:36 AM
By new mutant do they mean a totally unique character just created for the IDW universe, or do they just mean new character who hasn't been seen in IDW yet? For all we know Rahzar and Tokka could be attacking Baxter.

Totally unique!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-18-2016, 11:53 AM
Totally unique!

Sweet! Can't wait!

CyberCubed
05-18-2016, 12:04 PM
So Nick animated gets a new water mutant and TMNT universe gets a new mutant the same month. Was this planned?

ProphetofGanja
05-18-2016, 12:24 PM
It's about time we got around to that!

That's something I never realized I wanted but now I need it

Utrommaniac
05-18-2016, 12:29 PM
I had assumed his "partner" was non-romantic, but wasn't ready to assume absolutely. It doesn't seem like we have a lot of clues on who she even is, but I'm calling that she's with the Street Phantoms...it's probably really obvious.

ProphetofGanja
05-18-2016, 01:11 PM
I had assumed his "partner" was non-romantic, but wasn't ready to assume absolutely. It doesn't seem like we have a lot of clues on who she even is, but I'm calling that she's with the Street Phantoms...it's probably really obvious.

I'm hoping it's Null, and this will tie her into the ongoing series since she's just made the one brief appearance in the Mutanimals miniseries

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-18-2016, 01:12 PM
I'm hoping it's Null, and this will tie her into the ongoing series since she's just made the one brief appearance in the Mutanimals miniseries

Pretty sure that's where we're headed... which means that either Null was a human who modified herself genetically, or she has shapeshifting powers.

Or maybe that Harold doesn't judge and/or does a LOT of drugs. :tlol:

Ninjinister
05-18-2016, 01:18 PM
I like Alopex as a hero more. I would read a whole book about her and Nobody.

ProphetofGanja
05-18-2016, 01:27 PM
Pretty sure that's where we're headed... which means that either Null was a human who modified herself genetically, or she has shapeshifting powers.

Or maybe that Harold doesn't judge and/or does a LOT of drugs. :tlol:

That's what I've been assuming, based on her little speech about human's inherent weaknesses

But then again she could be an alien from another dimension, or a demon, or whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-18-2016, 01:31 PM
That's what I've been assuming, based on her little speech about human's inherent weaknesses

But then again she could be an alien from another dimension, or a demon, or whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I assumed she was mocking what she saw as an inferior species and that she was, in fact, from Dimension X.

corvus
05-18-2016, 03:15 PM
As much as I wanted new human villains I'm really over the street phantoms...and actually more interested in the new mutant from tmnt universe.

MikeandRaph87
05-18-2016, 03:20 PM
As much as I wanted new human villains I'm really over the street phantoms...and actually more interested in the new mutant from tmnt universe.

Wingnut and Screwloose?

Do we have a new regular artist on the title or just a guest?

Redrumh2o
05-18-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm interested to see the Eastman & Laird variant and the blank variant on Universe 1......listed on Rich's site

miru
05-19-2016, 12:04 AM
I like Alopex as a hero more. I would read a whole book about her and Nobody.

Alopex being TMNT's "Rouge" is actually intriguing.

PangolinFeets
05-19-2016, 12:11 AM
Secret love life of Harold. YESSSS.

Tell me the cranky old sourpuss has a super chipper adorable boyfriend. I want that.

Mayhem
05-19-2016, 04:14 AM
I'm interested to see the Eastman & Laird variant and the blank variant on Universe 1......listed on Rich's site
Rich and I will probably have a sweepstake on how many variants there will be for issue #1... more/less than #1 of the regular comic, #50 and TMNT/Batman #1.

Utrommaniac
05-19-2016, 07:08 AM
Secret love life of Harold. YESSSS.

Tell me the cranky old sourpuss has a super chipper adorable boyfriend. I want that.

As adorable as that would be, it's probably the former partner that stole some of his experiments.

ProphetofGanja
05-19-2016, 09:39 AM
I assumed she was mocking what she saw as an inferior species and that she was, in fact, from Dimension X.

I keep going back and forth as to what I think is more likely. I can see IDW making either option viable and interesting, her being an alien from another dimension or a human who's undergone extreme elective self-modifications

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-19-2016, 09:41 AM
I keep going back and forth as to what I think is more likely. I can see IDW making either option viable and interesting, her being an alien from another dimension or a human who's undergone extreme elective self-modifications

Either way... I could see Null and Bishop going at it. :tgrin:

ProphetofGanja
05-19-2016, 09:50 AM
Either way... I could see Null and Bishop going at it. :tgrin:

again, I can see that meaning two very different things :lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-19-2016, 10:07 AM
again, I can see that meaning two very different things :lol:

:tlol: This ain't the After Dark thread, Ganja. For shame!

Whether Null is an alien or genetically enhanced human, I can see Bishop wanting to take her down and possibly even working with the Turtles. We haven't seen him do anything against the mutants yet, remember...