PDA

View Full Version : TMNT 2 - advanced screening

Hurtszick
05-19-2016, 02:23 PM
I work in advertising, and sometimes we get some real cool perks. This morning I was able to watch TMNT 2 in a private screening.

I'm under NDA's at work, and with only 10 people at the screening I can't say much. Since my wife won't care I needed to share the excitement.

But I can say it was much better then #1.

Etsyturtle2
05-19-2016, 02:27 PM
I work in advertising, and sometimes we get some real cool perks. This morning I was able to watch TMNT 2 in a private screening.

I'm under NDA's at work, and with only 10 people at the screening I can't say much. Since my wife won't care I needed to share the excitement.

can you pm me spoilers?

TigerClaw
05-19-2016, 02:27 PM

from a rating of 1 to 10, what would you give it?

Sabacooza
05-19-2016, 02:28 PM
I don't want to be rude but if you can't say anything then what's the point of this post?

Andrew NDB
05-19-2016, 02:30 PM

If you get perks, seeing TMNT 2 can't possibly be one of them.

Hurtszick
05-19-2016, 02:30 PM
I don't want to be rude but if you can't say anything then what's the point of this post?

Not rude at all, I can say general things, but it was about the excitement of it being better then I had expected especially after the 1st one.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-19-2016, 02:32 PM
can you pm me spoilers?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/006/530/space_ghost_facepalm20110724-22047-ivrmna.jpg

Dude.... he just said he's under an NDA.

Vicky82
05-19-2016, 02:33 PM

When does your NDA lift.

Etsyturtle2
05-19-2016, 02:35 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/006/530/space_ghost_facepalm20110724-22047-ivrmna.jpg

Dude.... he just said he's under an NDA.

Non-Discrimination-Agenda?

Sabacooza
Not rude at all, I can say general things, but it was about the excitement of it being better then I had expected especially after the 1st one.Well, in all honesty it wouldn't take much to outdo the 1st one. As flawed as the 1st one was, it had a better tone to it. This one just seems over the top cartoonish and dumbed down. I'm happy you got some enjoyment out of it but from what I've seen, it looks terribly disappointing.

TigerClaw
When does your NDA lift.
I bet the NDA gets lifted after the Premiere this Sunday.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-19-2016, 02:36 PM
Non-disclosure agreement. It means he affirmed with a signature that he wouldn't tell teens on the Internet about the plot and stuff.

Redeemer

Hmm.... is that hope I see on the Horizon???? :lol:

Lol serious though I due have NON Spoiler question or two.

Does TMNT 2 have a solid Narrative or is there a lack of good narrative like TMNT

Also is the story and characters more co-hesive ??

Etsyturtle2
Non-disclosure agreement. It means he affirmed with a signature that he wouldn't tell teens on the Internet about the plot and stuff.

Oh. That's really specific.:P

TheSkeletonMan939
05-19-2016, 02:38 PM
I'm curious Hurtszick, if you don't mind telling me what aspect of advertising are you in? Do you edit trailers/TV spots?

Vicky82
05-19-2016, 02:38 PM

Or Saturday when they screen it early in LA.

Hurtszick
05-19-2016, 02:39 PM

I'm actually under a client NDA - so it doesn't lift until the films premier so you are correct.

Its very cartoony almost to the 80s cartoon style, a lot of mentions back to this.

Etsyturtle2
05-19-2016, 02:40 PM
I'm actually under a client NDA - so it doesn't lift until the films premier so you are correct.

Its very cartoony almost to the 80s cartoon style, a lot of mentions back to this.

Oh no.:ohwell:

I just don't want this to bomb.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-19-2016, 02:42 PM
Sadly, it won't. They're making a fifth Transformers movie, after all.

TigerClaw
05-19-2016, 02:44 PM

That's a good sign, I was hoping it be a callback to the Fred Wolf series, much to the chagrin of some folks here. :)

Sabacooza
05-19-2016, 02:51 PM
That's a good sign, I was hoping it be a callback to the Fred Wolf series, much to the chagrin of some folks here. :)I can't understand why you'd want a bastardized more dumb down version than we already got. It's people like you that prevent it from moving beyond this nonsense.

Andrew NDB
05-19-2016, 02:58 PM
That's a good sign, I was hoping it be a callback to the Fred Wolf series, much to the chagrin of some folks here. :)

Everything Nick has put out since they bought the property is pretty much a Fred Wolf callback... how many more callbacks do you need?

Vicky82
05-19-2016, 03:00 PM
I can't understand why you'd want a bastardized more dumb down version than we already got. It's people like you that prevent it from moving beyond this nonsense.

It's actually kids who prevent it from moving beyond because this movie is more aimed for them. If it wasn't for Nickelodeon, toys ect we probably would have got a darker tone movie.

Commenter 42
05-19-2016, 03:03 PM
If you get perks, seeing TMNT 2 can't possibly be one of them.

Up-voted for truth.

Galactus
05-19-2016, 03:16 PM
It's actually kids who prevent it from moving beyond because this movie is more aimed for them. If it wasn't for Nickelodeon, toys ect we probably would have got a darker tone movie.

Well apparently we were getting a darker movie in 2014 until Micheal Bay saw Liebesman's first cut and decided to flex his producer muscle and ordered more than half of it to be re-written and re-shot with a comedic tone. So yes, while not source faithful and probably not even that good it wasn't kids or the fan base that caused this, it was the guy who people are keen on saying is "just a producer" as if that's nothing in a movie like this.

Cant say I'm all that surprised that this is a giant camp fest. The slew of trailers and TV spots have gotten progressively more ridiculous to the point that it's gone beyond what an average of episode of the Fred Wolf show would try and pull. Given some of the things we're seeing in terms of how far they are taking this in the silly/stupid tone some fans hopes that they will pivot more serious with the next installment seems far fetched. There's no way you can take these turtles and their world even remotely serious, in fact I'm not sure if anyone will accept any version of these even slightly serious ever again. Whether these succeed or fail long term the franchise is ****ed.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-19-2016, 03:16 PM
If it wasn't for Nickelodeon, toys ect we probably would have got a darker tone movie.

Not necessarily a darker movie, but a more intelligent one. I can't believe the 2007 film manages to be so much stronger than both these high-budget ones.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-19-2016, 03:21 PM
TMNT fans suck and do not deserve nice things.

That's the message I've been getting ever since Platinum Dunes first got involved... pretty clear and strong.

Etsyturtle2
05-19-2016, 03:22 PM
I don't think this is too spoilery, but in the newest TV spots, the Technodrome has gotten more classic-esque withe the cannons all over and more square-shaped plates. So i'm wondering, if you can answer, does it have the eyeball on it?

DioLeo451
05-19-2016, 03:23 PM
Cool looking forward to discussing it with you once the NDA is lifted

TigerClaw
05-19-2016, 03:24 PM
I don't think this is too spoilery, but in the newest TV spots, the Technodrome has gotten more classic-esque withe the cannons all over and more square-shaped plates. So i'm wondering, if you can answer, does it have the eyeball on it?
The toy version of the movie Technodrome doesn't have the eyeball.

CyberCubed
05-19-2016, 03:29 PM
Sounds like this may be a guilty pleasure movie.

Etsyturtle2
05-19-2016, 03:31 PM
The toy version of the movie Technodrome doesn't have the eyeball.

Things can change after they are given to toy companies, such as last movie's raph in disguise figure. The toy looks like the Super bowl spot version, but the new "Goal" tv spot has the exact same scene but updated with a new design.

Etsyturtle2
05-19-2016, 03:41 PM
See the difference?

http://i.imgur.com.ru2.gsr.awhoer.net/bVooRmV.jpg

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-image-technodrome.png

TheSkeletonMan939
05-19-2016, 03:44 PM
I don't see a change except the lighting looks much worse in the second one, so I assume that's the one Bay will go with.

They removed the prongs but that's it in terms of the Technodrome design.

Vicky82
05-19-2016, 03:48 PM
Well apparently we were getting a darker movie in 2014 until Micheal Bay saw Liebesman's first cut and decided to flex his producer muscle and ordered more than half of it to be re-written and re-shot with a comedic tone. So yes, while not source faithful and probably not even that good it wasn't kids or the fan base that caused this, it was the guy who people are keen on saying is "just a producer" as if that's nothing in a movie like this.

Cant say I'm all that surprised that this is a giant camp fest. The slew of trailers and TV spots have gotten progressively more ridiculous to the point that it's gone beyond what an average of episode of the Fred Wolf show would try and pull. Given some of the things we're seeing in terms of how far they are taking this in the silly/stupid tone some fans hopes that they will pivot more serious with the next installment seems far fetched. There's no way you can take these turtles and their world even remotely serious, in fact I'm not sure if anyone will accept any version of these even slightly serious ever again. Whether these succeed or fail long term the franchise is ****ed.

My Producer knowledge is pretty crap and I thought the Director was higher than the Producer. Also Bay was filming Transformers 4 at the same time TMNT was worked on/filming. I didn't think he be doing anything on TMNT apart from being told what was happening, turn up for the premier ect.

Not defending Bay here but as he wanted TMNT to be more a comedic tone, it obviously means he wants this movie aimed for kids and ignore the hardcore fans.

You can tell Bay is definitely helping on this one a lot more because there was no Transformer movie this year.

Bry
05-19-2016, 04:49 PM
My Producer knowledge is pretty crap and I thought the Director was higher than the Producer.

The producer is 100% the boss. They write the cheques. On some movies the producer will stay out of the way and let the director run their own show, generally on movies that are all about the director's specific vision... but this is absolutely not one of those movies.

TrickOrTreater
05-19-2016, 07:57 PM

Which sucked so much balls.

So how is it compared to a GOOD movie?

Commenter 42
05-20-2016, 12:22 AM
See the difference?

http://i.imgur.com.ru2.gsr.awhoer.net/bVooRmV.jpg

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-image-technodrome.png

That looks like a later frame, but you're right - could be a repo with grading.

I just want to know, are we getting Utrom Shredder? Me thinks so.

RETTEB SNATAS
05-20-2016, 01:24 AM
I can't understand why you'd want a bastardized more dumb down version than we already got. It's people like you that prevent it from moving beyond this nonsense.

Aww you poor thing lol, God forbid someone goes to a movie and enjoys it, you get comments like this. So the people that go in and leave entertained and thrilled with what they've seen are. " in your eyes " preventing the franchise from making something more to your liking? :roll:

I didn't enjoy the first film, but I'm not gonna walk around saying anyone that DID enjoy it is wrong or has ****** taste or are to blame for "ruining the franchise" or what have you. And I'm not totally singling you out either. Some of the comments I've read around here are so arrogant. This self righteous, self centered narcissistic bullish*t. Hopefully one day soon they'll make something you/others will enjoy. Until then maybe some of you guys can stop acting like kids that missed the ice cream truck.

Commenter 42
05-20-2016, 02:05 AM
Aww you poor thing lol, God forbid someone goes to a movie and enjoys it, you get comments like this. So the people that go in and leave entertained and thrilled with what they've seen are. " in your eyes " preventing the franchise from making something more to your liking? :roll:

I didn't enjoy the first film, but I'm not gonna walk around saying anyone that DID enjoy it is wrong or has ****** taste or are to blame for "ruining the franchise" or what have you. And I'm not totally singling you out either. Some of the comments I've read around here are so arrogant. This self righteous, self centered narcissistic bullish*t. Hopefully one day soon they'll make something you/others will enjoy. Until then maybe some of you guys can stop acting like kids that missed the ice cream truck.

Why hello Mr. Plant!

http://science-all.com/images/plant/plant-07.jpg

you best find shelter soon child. Storms a brewing, and by all accounts, it'll be a NASTY ****ER!!!!

bless.

Bry
05-20-2016, 03:09 AM
There's always gotta be that one guy who walks right up to the powder keg and lights a match, huh? :trazz:

For the record, pretty much all of the Internet is "self righteous, self centered narcissistic bullish*t". Fan forums included. Oh, and making a big show of how much more "mature" you are over freaking movie opinions? Hoo boy, you'd better believe that's "self righteous, self centered narcissistic bullish*t". :tlol:

Shark_Blade
05-20-2016, 03:59 AM
That's good to hear. More OT elements is always good imo.

I enjoy the first movie very much, I look forward and hope this second movie will be as grand too or maybe even better. :tlove:

neatoman
05-20-2016, 04:13 AM
I enjoy the first movie very much

Why am I not shocked you liked the first movie?

ZariusTwo
05-20-2016, 04:26 AM
It's weird...but when I rewatched the 2014 movie some months back, I had completely forgotten I had watched it when it came out.

Who's responsible for the amnesia? Any of you lot?:P

TheSkeletonMan939
05-20-2016, 05:20 AM
Who's responsible for the amnesia? Any of you lot?:P

I wish I could forget I'd seen the movie. :ohwell:

sluggedup226
05-20-2016, 10:34 AM

I just have one simple yes or no question that I don't believe anyone here has asked you. Do the turtles have the most screen time than April/Casey?

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
05-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Let me guess...

*Turtles aren't the stars of their movie since the film also has to include Megan Fox, Will Arnett, new Casey Jones, Bebop, Rocksteady, Shredder, Tyler Perry's Stockman, Krang, Judith Hoag cameo, and a bit of Karai in what is probably a 100 minute or such film...

*Megan Fox is still wooden and a horrible April...she's just there for Sexual Eye Candy.

*The Turtles don't have actual heart and wit with each other (heck...Mikey and Raph COULD have a lot of fun banter between each other, since it's the 'older/tougher brother and the younger/smart-ass brother playing off each other...but that would only be in a good movie)...because God Forbid to pull from better comic book films ala what Marvel is doing with their movies...

*You saw pretty much the entire movie in the trailers/advertising

*No Actual Martial Arts are included in the picture, especially from the Title characters, since they're too busy doing their best Incredible Hulk impressions.

*You've seen all of the action in the flick via the clips/trailers online.

*At least some kind of fart joke, sex/boner joke, or somewhere in between is included

*The Movie Sucks

There you go.

TrickOrTreater
05-20-2016, 01:16 PM
*Megan Fox is still wooden and a horrible April...she's just there for Sexual Eye Candy.

*At least some kind of fart joke

Hell, already seen these in the trailers/tv spots.

Which is really depressing.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-20-2016, 01:19 PM
Let me guess...

*Turtles aren't the stars of their movie since the film also has to include Megan Fox, Will Arnett, new Casey Jones, Bebop, Rocksteady, Shredder, Tyler Perry's Stockman, Krang, Judith Hoag cameo, and a bit of Karai in what is probably a 100 minute or such film...

*The Turtles don't have actual heart and wit with each other (heck...Mikey and Raph COULD have a lot of fun banter between each other, since it's the 'older/tougher brother and the younger/smart-ass brother playing off each other...but that would only be in a good movie)...because God Forbid to pull from better comic book films ala what Marvel is doing with their movies...

*You saw pretty much the entire movie in the trailers/advertising

*No Actual Martial Arts are included in the picture, especially from the Title characters, since they're too busy doing their best Incredible Hulk impressions.

*You've seen all of the action in the flick via the clips/trailers online.

*At least some kind of fart joke, sex/boner joke, or somewhere in between is included

*The Movie Sucks

There you go.

Nailed it in one, fella.

SwiftNinjaFox
05-20-2016, 02:22 PM

I'd rather see something that is a bit more serious in the vein of the IDW comics, but if they're going to pay homage to the 80s cartoon, I prefer them going all in rather than trying to be silly and serious at the same time. That caused part of the first one's identity crisis (one of its many painful flaws).

I watched the first one again not too long ago with a friend who hadn't seen it. It's actually more fun at home when you can pause and crack up over how stupid it is and riff on it. I imagine adding in alcohol makes this more fun. We had to pause while my friend got past "drain all their blood, even if it kills them" coming from a biologist. ;)

Vegita-San
05-20-2016, 02:40 PM

I don't venture outside of my area much...

but after almost falling asleep and being the first movie I nearly walked out of, that's not that hard.

With all I've seen with this franchise...
between the idiocy and uncaring ness of michael bay.
between meghan fox telling fans to F off...
between changing the movie so much for the chinese audience that it doesn't resemble tmnt at all (white shredder, anyone?)

I think I'd skip a screening of this even if I got invited. I just can't get excited or support the people involved.

what is with all these people not caring about franchises getting the studios biggest tentpole projects these days?

glad you had fun though.