PDA

View Full Version : Sdcc 2016 q&a

matteso586
05-25-2016, 06:47 PM
If SDCC 2016 gets a Turtle Panel, I like to recommend some questions.

* How did Bishop know that the Triceratons are coming to Earth?
* What do the Utrom do with the Kraang they capture?
* Given your tendency to cast in actors based off of their acting history. Does Renet's time include someone that sounds like Christopher Lloyd (AKA Doc Brown)?
* To voice actors and producer(s): Will the real Mrs. O'Neil ever show up? To users: I know that you're all tired of this question.
* Got any 3D models for 6 year old April?
* Does Mondo Gecko have a girlfriend prior to his mutation?
* Speaking of Mondo Gecko, will we see his pet gecko in a future episode?
* From the tone of Rook's voice when Subprime showed up. Does she see KSP's suit as her daughter?
* Which 2k3 series episodes/arcs will you most likely make a loose adaptation out of?
* Compared to the Kraangdroid suits, how strong is the physical strength of Bishop's suit?
* Is Stockman still working on his own retromutagen?
* If Donnie managed to save a drop of the "super-retromutagen", would Rockwell take it?

That's all I got for now. What are your recommended questions for those that are going to attend SDCC?

TheSkeletonMan939
05-25-2016, 06:52 PM
Has there ever been consideration of a soundtrack release for the show?

I don't like the music that much but I'd be interested if an OST were available.

matteso586
05-25-2016, 07:44 PM

I don't like the music that much but I'd be interested if an OST were available.

That's a stupid question. Like asking about favorite toppings.

Powder
05-25-2016, 07:47 PM
Yeah, his question is stupid... :trolleye:

CyberCubed
05-25-2016, 07:57 PM
Only thing I want to know is how long till a Season 6-7 are considered/confirmed?

sdp
05-25-2016, 08:12 PM
I like how concerned Cybercubed is with this show getting at least 100 episodes and that it's more important to him than the actual show. He's been going at it since before the show even aired.

KrN
05-25-2016, 09:09 PM

SNIP

I think people should avoid questions that lead into another. It is extremely unfair to be put into a line to ask one question and it ends up being three questions + some stupid pun. It holds up the line and prevents people from asking any good questions. Could not care less whether Mondo Gecko had a girlfriend...

I'd prefer to know whether we will have two 2-part episodes this season, or just one given the fact we're 13 episodes in and it's around this time that we get a 2-parter.

The exact question I want answered! I would love to have the entire soundtrack in hand.

Autbot_Benz
05-25-2016, 09:16 PM

* How did Bishop know that the Triceratons are coming to Earth?
* What do the Utrom do with the Kraang they capture?
* Given your tendency to cast in actors based off of their acting history. Does Renet's time include someone that sounds like Christopher Lloyd (AKA Doc Brown)?
* To voice actors and producer(s): Will the real Mrs. O'Neil ever show up? To users: I know that you're all tired of this question.
* Does Mondo Gecko have a girlfriend prior to his mutation?
* Speaking of Mondo Gecko, will we see his pet gecko in a future episode?
* From the tone of Rook's voice when Subprime showed up. Does she see KSP's suit as her daughter?
* Which 2k3 series episodes/arcs will you most likely make a loose adaptation out of?
* Compared to the Kraangdroid suits, how strong is the physical strength of Bishop's suit?
* Is Stockman still working on his own retromutagen?
* If Donnie managed to save a drop of the "super-retromutagen", would Rockwell take it?

That's all I got for now. What are your recommended questions for those that are going to attend SDCC?

some of these questions are just pointless like did Mondo have a girlfriend prior to his mutation or will we see Mondo's pet gecko. Also what is your obsession with April's mom you ask that question every con question thread you make?

victory_angel
05-25-2016, 10:17 PM
some of these questions are just pointless like did Mondo have a girlfriend prior to his mutation or will we see Mondo's pet gecko. Also what is your obsession with April's mom you ask that question every con question thread you make?

And most of these are questions that you can talk to Bandon Auman and/or Peter Di Cicco directly. Admittedly they can't answer all questions.

Di Cicco also explains why on his tumblr blog.

Iíve been getting a lot of asks lately that I havenít been able to answer, so I thought Iíd write a little note.

First of all, I have to say that I love interacting with people, and when it comes to TMNT fans, itís fun to see people speculating. That being said, specifically in relation to TMNT, I cannot answer most questions about what will happen on future episodes or reveal anything that might be a spoiler. There is something called an NDA (or Non-Disclosure Agreement) that prevents me from revealing anything that isnít sanctioned by the network.

For a similar reason, I cannot respond to any episode pitch or ďI have an idea/want to see this happenĒ message, so please donít send them to me. There are a lot of reasons for this, but please respect that I canít see them. (also, Iím not as high up in the food chain as you think I am)

And when it comes to spoilers, I realize everyone has a different opinion on what is a spoiler, but I am erring on the side of caution. Because it takes so long to produce an episode of animated television, weíre working on stories over a year out. There are things weíd rather keep under wraps, and speculation has a way of becoming rumor, which becomes anticipation for something that doesnít exist.

I do want to thank everyone that has been kind and welcoming. For the most part, the TMNT fans have been a great fandom to talk to, and Iím still happy to answer asks or trivia on previous episodes.

And, if anyone wants to ask me something non-TMNT related, thatíd be awesome too. :)

matteso586
05-26-2016, 06:27 AM
I think people should avoid questions that lead into another. It is extremely unfair to be put into a line to ask one question and it ends up being three questions + some stupid pun. It holds up the line and prevents people from asking any good questions. Could not care less whether Mondo Gecko had a girlfriend...

I'd prefer to know whether we will have two 2-part episodes this season, or just one given the fact we're 13 episodes in and it's around this time that we get a 2-parter.

The exact question I want answered! I would love to have the entire soundtrack in hand.

I asked about Mondo Gecko having a girlfriend, because I remember Candy Fine.

miru
05-26-2016, 12:34 PM
When, if ever, should we expect Mutagen Man to appear again?

Will Bellybomb and the Punk Frogs show up again?

Why did the Flaming Carrot crossover fall through?

snake
05-26-2016, 01:13 PM
When, if ever, should we expect Mutagen Man to appear again?

Will Bellybomb and the Punk Frogs show up again?

Why did the Flaming Carrot crossover fall through?

It was never happening in the first place

TheSkeletonMan939
05-26-2016, 01:15 PM
That's a stupid question. Like asking about favorite toppings.

Well if my question falls into the category of 'stupid', so do many of yours. Most of them seem to be asking "tell me what happens in the next episode" or are "what-ifs".

It's a shame you can't appreciate the hard work that goes into a single episode of a television show, including the musical composition. I guess you're just shallow.

Andrew NDB
05-26-2016, 01:18 PM

There is literally no way to ask that question without sounding creepy. Because it is. You creepy person.

CyberCubed
05-26-2016, 02:48 PM
Also why do people have to ask if old characters will show up again? Until the show comes to a complete end, its always possible a random character will be brought back.

How is this different than any superhero show where a Batman or Spiderman villain doesn't show up for a while?

FredWolfLeonardo
05-26-2016, 05:14 PM
Are we ever going to see the turtles as babies being raised as Splinter?

Will we be getting Groundchuck and Dirtbag?

Will we be getting more than 1 two-parter in season 4?

Whose side is Karai now on?

Will we ever get a glimpse into Tiger Claw' past?

matteso586
05-26-2016, 06:43 PM
There is literally no way to ask that question without sounding creepy. Because it is. You creepy person.

Do you even know what a 3D model is?

Ninjinister
05-26-2016, 06:45 PM
It was never happening in the first place

According to who or what?

snake
05-26-2016, 07:46 PM
According to who or what?

I can't find any sources. It's just a baseless rumor IIRC. Correct me if i'm wrong, because you'd know, but I'm sure nothing official was said on it?

Powder
05-26-2016, 07:49 PM
IIRC the first article to report on Nick's debut iteration of the TMNT mentioned it.

neatoman
05-27-2016, 02:13 AM
Would you get thrown out if asked why Playmates have so much control over the show, or why they think the ratings are dropping?

DarkFell
05-27-2016, 03:04 AM
Are there any current plans to perhaps bring a Nick TMNT movie to the theater screens?

Also if the the first Nick-TMNT movie idea works, then will a sequel that features another crossover with the '87 OT verse Turtles (complete with the original VA), or even the Mirage verse Turtles also be a possibility?

TheSkeletonMan939
05-27-2016, 05:28 AM
Do you even know what a 3D model is?

You only reason anyone wants a 3D model is so that they can animate it. And there are people who, for a living, animate 3D models - even those of children - doing rather... adult... things.

matteso586
05-27-2016, 07:12 AM
You only reason anyone wants a 3D model is so that they can animate it. And there are people who, for a living, animate 3D models - even those of children - doing rather... adult... things.

This is Nick were talking about. Besides, there is a possibility that we see April's childhood in a full episode.

Aaronardo
05-27-2016, 08:14 AM
This is Nick were talking about. Besides, there is a possibility that we see April's childhood in a full episode.

The issue is how vague you are with your question. A better phrasing would be "Do you plan to do an episode based around April's childhood, and if so, will it be in CGI?"

It's not what Nick is going to do with the model that we're talking about here, it's what certain other people will.

Would you get thrown out if asked why Playmates have so much control over the show, or why they think the ratings are dropping?

You would be my hero if you asked that.

Powder
05-27-2016, 01:58 PM

Nobody's talking about Nick, they're talking about you & your creepiness.

Chopperface
06-04-2016, 03:42 AM
1. What went into the choice to spend half of season three away from New York, and then half of season four again away from New York, with much of the same beats such as Splinter and Kirby gone, the villains winning, and a reset button? What went into the decision for the narrative to do a repeat?
2. The Foot Clan have been out of focus for quite some time. Will we see more focus on fleshing out the Foot and developing them now that the Triceratons are gone, and seemingly the Kraang with them? Perhaps a villain-spotlight episode is in order like 2003's "Insane in the Membrane"?
3. The show has been increasingly employing more and more gross out visuals and bizarre imagery, from The Finger and Bigfoot's romance to a grotesquely obese Mikey and Don Vizioso. What has gone into the decision to use more gross out humor and such?
4. Poor Kirby's main purpose in the series appears to be getting into trouble or being taken away from April. Why is the character constantly taken out of her life and from the playing field, if the status quo does not change whatsoever if he is saved or captured/mutated/etc?
5. Hun has proven to be a divisive character as he has received little development and has little in common with his 2003 counterpart, who was a big fan favorite and arguably that show's Bebop and Rocksteady alongside Bishop. Is there any plan to develop the character to make him interesting or bring him more in line with the 2003 counterpart?
6. Karai's mutation arc has been going on since summer of 2014, and her position in the story flip flops. No matter the resolution of an episode, the status quo seems to be keeping her away from Splinter or even Shredder. Why has the character had a heavily reduced role and why does the show continue to bounce her around?
7. There's been some sentiment that the show could get better mileage out of more human antagonists as opposed to an all-mutant rogues gallery. It's to the point that many fans joke that every human character will be mutated before the end of the series, including Casey, Hun, and Don Vizioso. Why do so many human characters get mutated?
8. Vic/Spiderbytez started out as a seemingly prominent recurring antagonist, but has made extremely sparse appearances since his debut. Is his reduced role in the series due to a lack of availability on the part of Lewis Black or have you simply lost interest in the character?
9. At the end of season three, the Shredder proved once and for all that literally everything, including Karai's life, will be second to him killing Splinter. While it added an incredibly chilling development to Shredder's character, it feels as if the end of the road has come for Shredder since we finally see his true colors in his final moments. What direction will the show take with Shredder's character now that we've seen all of the true Shredder?
10. Most characters display an incredible amount of power early on, only to regress into much weaker characters. For example, Rahzar was a major threat when he first mutated, but nowadays is easily beaten in one hit by even Casey, an average human. Even Slash is no longer as powerful as he seemed early on. Does the show plan to address and change this?
11. Trans-Dimensional Turtles was well received, but some fans were disappointed at the lack of the 2003 characters. Is there potential for a crossover between 2012 and 2003?

matteso586
06-04-2016, 06:55 AM
2. The Foot Clan have been out of focus for quite some time. Will we see more focus on fleshing out the Foot and developing them now that the Triceratons are gone, and seemingly the Kraang with them? Perhaps a villain-spotlight episode is in order like 2003's "Insane in the Membrane"?

11. Trans-Dimensional Turtles was well received, but some fans were disappointed at the lack of the 2003 characters. Is there potential for a crossover between 2012 and 2003?

I guess a villain-spotlight for Stockman would be perfect for his secret work on his own retromutagen.

Do you even know about the union laws?

demonsweat
06-04-2016, 05:56 PM
I'm going to be there, so if you guys can narrow it down to maybe one or two questions, I can try to ask. It's hard getting up there though ... it's just a mad dash for the microphone at the end. :D

matteso586
06-04-2016, 06:38 PM
I'm going to be there, so if you guys can narrow it down to maybe one or two questions, I can try to ask. It's hard getting up there though ... it's just a mad dash for the microphone at the end. :D

Very well then.

1) Will there be any more flashbacks of 6 year old April in the farm house? And you users better not accuse me of being creepy.

2) Does Rook view Kraang Subprime's suit as her daughter?

miru
06-04-2016, 07:17 PM

1) For what reason did the Flaming Carrot episode fall through?

2) When will the Karai plot be resolved?

FredWolfLeonardo
06-04-2016, 07:23 PM

Are we going to learn more about tiger claws past?

Will we see the turtles as children being raised by splinter?

victory_angel
06-10-2016, 01:27 AM
Will they create more interactive comic book games such as Tales of the Turtle Lair?