PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Movie-3...

graphic_content
05-26-2016, 10:30 AM
I know that using the Fred Wolf cartoon (solely) as source material for these films is not popular around here...

...but in keeping with the spirit of all this lighthearted, over the top action they've taken - how would you feel about a 3rd movie patterned after TMNT IV: 'Turtles in Time'?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4e/Turtles_in_Time_(SNES_cover).jpg

A fun action romp, set against multiple time periods including Dinosaurs, Pirates, etc. (we've all played the game).

It wont be the Mirage Turtles, but given Bay's track record for over the top action, it seems to fit his wheelhouse.

joefsas
05-26-2016, 10:35 AM
If done right it could be a laugh. TMNT2 looks as though it could be a bit more silly/over the top than the first one, so they might as well carry on with it being a bit wacky.
I'd be up for it, but then I am easily pleased :lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-26-2016, 10:48 AM
Do you know how much money that would cost? This ain't Transformers... you can't shoehorn a bunch of 3rd rate human actors into Turtles in Time.

Unless you have Stephen Amell as a caveman, Megan Fox as a bawdy pirate wench, and Will Arnett as a cowboy.

Sure, why not. :trolleye:

Foombamaroom
05-26-2016, 10:52 AM
Suggestion for movie 3: Don't make it.

The Deadman
05-26-2016, 11:12 AM
There was already a movie that took its inspiration from that game...it was TMNT 3 lol.

Andrew NDB
05-26-2016, 11:26 AM
Suggestion for movie 3: Don't make it.

This. And only this.

Panda_Kahn_fan
05-26-2016, 03:08 PM
It sounds like a great idea, but soft reboot it. Get Platinum Dunes and bay off of it, and do a bunch of stand-alone movies, each one following a different director's style, turtle design, and vision. Do a crazy time travel story with renet like you described, do the fuigitoid in space story with the triceritons fighting the Neutrino federation, do an adaptation of the River with Whyrm, do Bishop wanting build an army of mutants and the turtles getting mixed up in it. Hundreds of stories to tell, just please please please leave the damn origin out of it!

neatoman
05-26-2016, 03:16 PM
Well, creatively it's probably better to reboot but if they have to make a third one, the Battle Nexus maybe? It would be different enough and it's pretty difficult to **** up a tournament story.

d_osborn
05-26-2016, 07:15 PM
Well, we already have the flying skateboard...

TigerClaw
05-26-2016, 07:38 PM
I would like to see the Turtle Blimp in TMNT 3.

Foombamaroom
05-26-2016, 07:42 PM
I would like to see the Turtle Blimp in TMNT 3.

Dear lord.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-26-2016, 08:42 PM
I bet Michael Bay would look to the Hindenburg for inspiration for a sequence with a turtle blimp.

CyberCubed
05-26-2016, 08:53 PM
Remove the nostrils.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-26-2016, 08:56 PM
I bet Michael Bay would look to the Hindenburg for inspiration for a sequence with a turtle blimp.

:tlol: Good one.

GoldMutant
05-26-2016, 08:57 PM
(I feel so bad writing this) Discussing with Michael Bay on a sequel:

GM: (mumbling) "Why don't you just hand in your reins..."

Bay: (hears) "I'm sorry, what was that?"

GM: "Why don't you do this whole fanbase a favor and hand over the rights?"

Michael Bay contemplates this, placing his hand on his chin and stroking before an idea hits him more than any woman.

Bay: "That's a great idea, we'll adapt more 'childhood' material, starting with an even more hideous turtle experiment by Sachs and Stockman!"

GM: "Do us all a favor and go make a Power Rangers movie or something?"

Bay: (sarcastic) "You'd rather have an April O'Neil spinoff instead with Casey? Perfect!"

GM: "Look, I..."

Bay: (interrupting) "Oh wait, more glorified CGI from time travel/space adventures, even better!"

GM: "I swear to...."

Bay: (realizing) "Hold on one second, I got the idea! Stay here and keep on whining and I'm going to make the sequel where all your precious 80's material will be disintegrated where more aliens appear in an all out, balls to the wall conquest of Earth and Dimension X!"

Galactus
05-26-2016, 09:08 PM
I think there's a glaring problem with the idea of doing a Turtles in Time movie; The budget.

Unless Out of the Shadows makes significantly more than the previous movie I don't think that Paramount will invest the kind of money to do a story of that scope any justice particularly if you want to include most of, if now all the boss characters from the game.

Besides even if you bring April, Casey and Vern for some reason along it doesn't play into the human centric wheelhouse that they are determined to go along with.

On another board someone said that they hope if they hook audiences in with this movie that they switch gears and go more serious with a potential third movie but given everything we've seen and heard about this movie they've gone far too deep down the rabbit hole of the silly/stupid realm for people to take these versions and their world even with a smidgen of seriousness. Sadly I think it's so far down that I don't think any version will successfully do that. It had a chance back in 2014 but they blew it badly so who knows where they can go from here.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-26-2016, 09:12 PM
I think there's a glaring problem with the idea of doing a Turtles in Time movie; The budget.

Unless Out of the Shadows makes significantly more than the previous movie I don't think that Paramount will invest the kind of money to do a story of that scope any justice particularly if you want to include most of, if now all the boss characters from the game.

Besides even if you bring April, Casey and Vern for some reason along it doesn't play into the human centric wheelhouse that they are determined to go along with.

On another board someone said that they hope if they hook audiences in with this movie that they switch gears and go more serious with a potential third movie but given everything we've seen and heard about this movie they've gone far too deep down the rabbit hole of the silly/stupid realm for people to take these versions and their world even with a smidgen of seriousness. Sadly I think it's so far down that I don't think any version will successfully do that. It had a chance back in 2014 but they blew it badly so who knows where they can go from here.

That's exactly what I said.

Paramount ain't spending the money for "Battle Nexus" or "Turtles in Time." Because for some bizarre reason, even though the quality is exactly the same infuriating low, Transformers is much more profitable than TMNT.

Andrew NDB
05-26-2016, 09:13 PM

Then there's the other problem: there's no real story to Turtles in Time. Beyond Shredder and Krang just being evil for evil's sake and a Final Fight button-mash through different time periods. The cover art is cooller than the game.

Sad part is, I can actually seeing them do that.

CyberCubed
05-26-2016, 09:18 PM
They still haven't delved into any backstory for Hamato Yoshi at all in these movies. Shredder and Splinter seem to have no real reason to even know each other.

NinjaPug
05-26-2016, 11:38 PM
This us what I want for the next iteration of Platinum Dunes "TMNT"

http://english.avatartoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/fire.jpg

TrickOrTreater
05-27-2016, 12:29 AM

It's beautiful.

FredWolfLeonardo
05-27-2016, 12:41 AM
I have yet to watch oots but i think your idea is good. I would also like there to be a greater focus on splinter by integrating hamato yoshi into the bay universe.

Foombamaroom
05-27-2016, 01:40 AM

"You want MORE EXPLOSIONS?!" Michael Bay said with a chaotic smile on his face. "We'll give you ALL of the explosions!!" he exclaimed, laughing maniacally.

sethmartin
05-28-2016, 12:47 AM
I have yet to watch oots but i think your idea is good. I would also like there to be a greater focus on splinter by integrating hamato yoshi into the bay universe.

Or at least SOME focus on Splinter

Panda_Kahn_fan
05-28-2016, 11:00 AM
They need to work in the IDW Yoshi/Saki backstory for the third one, have a final showdown qith all the villians from the first two, then wrap up and finish this version of TMNT altogether. Then they should ditch platinum dunes, and make stand-alone films unconnected to each other.

Shark_Blade
05-28-2016, 11:18 AM
I'd introduce Slash then Super Shredder tbh.

Technogeek29
05-28-2016, 01:24 PM
If I was introducing Yoshi and Saki I make them both ambiguous. No one person is the bad guy, both have done terrible things that would make it hard for the audience to see who the true bad guy was of the story.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
05-29-2016, 02:58 PM
No way. Better with a time-travel season or half-season of the Nickelodeon cartoon just like the outer space adventures during early-season 4.

TMNTInsighter
05-30-2016, 04:21 PM
It's not gonna happen but I'd like it if Tiger Claw was one of, if not the main villain in TMNT 3. His potential hasn't been realized and his past is still lacking, but his design and how he goes about his business (not to mention how strong and cunning he is) should build up to some real recognition. A movie with him in it would be really fun--you know, so long as all the other pieces are in place.

CyberCubed
05-30-2016, 04:51 PM
Let's hope the third movie is the final movie, and this film franchise doesn't go on for 5+ movies like Transformers.

Hero
05-31-2016, 06:39 AM
I suggest for 3, the Turtles finally get that Hip-Hop Christmas Album finished.

robb0226
05-31-2016, 06:52 AM
Me, I'd do a movie where Shredder comes back from Dimension X as Super Shredder, having escaped imprisonment and killed Krang, with an army of Rock soldiers. He is joined by rocksteady, bebop, mutated fly Baxter, and a newly mutated leatherhead, to conquer the world. Karai and the foot clan team up with the turtles to take down a now-crazy shredder, and the back story between Splinter/Hamato Yoshi and Shredder/Ororku Saki is revealed.

Perfect way to send out the bay trilogy! :)

This is sort of what I was thinking. I don't think they would put the Foot and Karai against Shredder. More likely the turtles would have to defeat all of them. But I really want an inclusion of Dimension X, rock soldiers, and more of a focus on Shredder (and Super Shredder) as the ultimate villain since neither of the first two PD movies seem to have done that.
But I will wait til I actually see this one first before really coming up with a good opinion on it.