PDA

View Full Version : Shredder and Splinter Relationship Theory

ernesth100
05-30-2016, 09:23 PM
I wish they'd explain how the hell Shredder knows Splinter. But I have a fan theory that before Shredder allowed the turtles to go out he was defending NYC by himself from the foot thus encountering and thwarting Shredder several times before. Eventually when the turtles where trained well enough he let them go out and take his place as the defenders of NY.

Xiewin
05-30-2016, 09:32 PM
I wish they'd explain how the hell Shredder knows Splinter.

They won't.

TrickOrTreater
05-30-2016, 09:35 PM
They won't.

It was "too complicated."

Candy Kappa
05-31-2016, 05:23 AM
There is no relationship.

Splinter knows about Shredder and that he's behind Sacks schemes through means we never see or being told how. He just knows, and keeps himself and the Turtles underground for plot convenience.

Shredder knows of Splinter, or the lab rat as Sacks probably kept Shredder (there is no Oroku Saki) on tabs with his work, so Shredder would know that there was test animals, and of course Sacks told Shredder what to expect after telling him what April told Sacks.

So, no relationship. At best, maybe Splinter and Shredder (there is no Oroku Saki) met before the fire when Shredder supervised the lab and it's work progress during after-hours with Sacks (and maybe cameo-Baxter) when no one else is around.

ernesth100
05-31-2016, 09:59 AM
Damn, wasted oppurtunity.

IndigoErth
05-31-2016, 03:59 PM
I figured it's just dumbed down to "they stole my mutagen and ruined by evil plan, get them."

Sacks called crying on the phone about it after finding out the were alive, so father-figure Shredder taught those meanie Turtles and rat a lesson about living and taking their mutagen.

...before Shredder allowed the turtles to go out he was defending NYC by himself from the foot thus encountering and thwarting Shredder several times before.
I know Shredder has issues, but geez, worse than I thought. Split personality and living a double life? :trazz:

Galactus
05-31-2016, 04:26 PM
They are not ever going to feature. I might have had the slimmest of hopes if they'd given Shredder his actual name but now it isn't going to happen.

I actually worry that if someone has gotten rid of this aspect completely after it has always been there in some capacity in every version I wonder if it will be similarly sidelined in potential versions to come.

TMNT is cooler than MOTU
05-31-2016, 09:14 PM
Characters have relationships with each other in these movies?

Bry
05-31-2016, 09:19 PM
Basically: the writers and producers just didn't care, and no amount of theorizing or head-canon can fill a plot hole that big. It is what it is. If you want a villain with a personality, backstory, or motivation, you'd best look elsewhere.

Even the Fred Wolf cartoon version had those things at first. And that was not a hard bar to clear.

TrickOrTreater
05-31-2016, 09:40 PM
Characters have relationships with each other in these movies?

There are characters in these movies?

And not just ugly cardboard cut-outs?