PDA

View Full Version : Sunburns

Prowler
06-02-2016, 01:15 PM
I went outside today and my forearms, my hands, the back of my neck and my nose all have a light pinkish shade now. One of the reasons I dislike Summer. My skin is quite sensitive to the sun, and the hottest temperatures are yet to come, oh man. This is why I never go to the beach(haven't been to one since 2005). Sunburns are not fun.

Anyone else shares the same pain?

Cure
06-02-2016, 01:23 PM
I've got that good Hispanic skin so I don't burn. Yeeeeeeeeah.

Prowler
06-02-2016, 01:26 PM
I've got that good Hispanic skin so I don't burn. Yeeeeeeeeah.
I know you're probably just messing but just to be safe, lemme tell you that darker skinned people can get sunburnt as well. Otherwise I wouldn't have seen dark as coal Africans putting on sun screen at the beach back when I was a kid(and I suppose they still do it). But obviously, such people have more resistent skin to sunburns.

Never a bad thing to remind people to be careful under the hot sun. Lots of kids and even adults don't seem to bother putting on sun screen at the beach. :ohwell:

The Deadman
06-02-2016, 01:28 PM
You can get sunburnt if it's cloudy out as well. As much as I sunburn my skin never gets darker, annoys the hell outta me.

Prowler
06-02-2016, 01:29 PM
You can get sunburnt if it's cloudy out as well. As much as I sunburn my skin never gets darker, annoys the hell outta me.
Don't think that ever happend to me. Getting sunburnt or pinkish shades on my arms and back of the neck while under cloudy weather.

Candy Kappa
06-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Im a ginger. So I burn easily, so very easily.

Prowler
06-02-2016, 01:47 PM
Im a ginger. So I burn easily, so very easily.
Well, I'm no ginger at all, and yet burn easily as does my brother.

Fang Wolf
06-02-2016, 02:04 PM
Yes, I get sunburn to...(Same here I get burn easily)
It's it stings like hell....:(

IndigoErth
06-02-2016, 02:14 PM
I'm a weird one, I'm rather fair skinned, but I don't tend to burn real fast. As long as I'm moving around I may get a little pink, minimal enough that it's gone in a day or so, but I don't tend to get a real burn unless I'm sitting still in intense sun for most of the afternoon. Even then the burn isn't as bad as some people.

Yet I don't tan well either, it's super slow. And the most noticeable usually winds up being light tan sandal marks on my feet. Sooo...unless I'm actually pushing it and get burned, my skin mostly just does not care.

My sister on the other hand will burn in a short time. I figure it must come down to our skin types/pigment. We're both pretty fair, but side by side she's got more of those pale, pinker tones with blue pigment undertones, while next to her I'm a more earthy, yellower shade. (But would still look rather pale next to someone with an actual tan or moderately darker complexion.) She no doubt got hers from the Scottish part of our heritage. Me, I'm not sure.

Prowler
06-02-2016, 02:24 PM
I'm a weird one, I'm rather fair skinned, but I don't tend to burn real fast. As long as I'm moving around I may get a little pink, minimal enough that it's gone in a day or so, but I don't tend to get a real burn unless I'm sitting still in intense sun for most of the afternoon. Even then the burn isn't as bad as some people.

Yet I don't tan well either, it's super slow. And the most noticeable usually winds up being light tan sandal marks on my feet. Sooo...unless I'm actually pushing it and get burned, my skin mostly just does not care.

My sister on the other hand will burn in a short time. I figure it must come down to our skin types/pigment. We're both pretty fair, but side by side she's got more of those pale, pinker tones with blue pigment undertones, while next to her I'm a more earthy, yellower shade. (But would still look rather pale next to someone with an actual tan or moderately darker complexion.) She no doubt got hers from the Scottish part of our heritage. Me, I'm not sure.
Both me and my brother burn easily, as did our grandmother. Our mother handles sun better, however.

My bicep/shoulder area is probably as white as WWE wrestler Sheamus.

Mew
06-02-2016, 03:00 PM
I burn very easily. I'm part Irish with very pale skin. Horrible sunburns. :/

Lethal Lullaby
06-02-2016, 06:14 PM
I, luckily, don't get sunburned easily. Not sure if I've ever had one, or I did, but didn't really notice (?)

TheSkeletonMan939
06-02-2016, 06:22 PM
I burn very easily. I'm part Irish with very pale skin. Horrible sunburns. :/

You poor Irish people! I once had an Irish buddy who got the worst sunburns in the world.

I usually only get sunburned when I go to the beach. There are two spots where I normally get burns: on my shoulders (because I never do a good job of putting sunscreen there) and also on my left wrist. I wear a watch almost 24/7, and take it off when I'm at the beach. So that part of my skin is virtually never exposed to the sun except for that week at the beach. :lol:

Mew
06-03-2016, 05:10 AM
You poor Irish people! I once had an Irish buddy who got the worst sunburns in the world.
I usually use this green gel on them. It makes them feel a bit better.
The worst thing for me is that I can't sleep on my back with them.

snake
06-03-2016, 06:25 AM
I have pale skin so I burn pretty easily. Sun screen works wonders

Netkeeper
06-03-2016, 10:40 AM
I don't burn very easily, I tan instead, but my brother burns super easily -- just driving from A to B in his convertible will do it to him sometimes. We're both very pale-skinned and blond, yet it's so different for the two of us. :-?

Andrew NDB
06-03-2016, 10:56 AM
SCTSCAQzY9k

Prowler
09-04-2016, 02:54 PM
It was 35ºC today. Gonna be 39ºC tomorrow, and I need to go out tomorrow.

Yelp

MsMarvelDuckie
09-04-2016, 03:24 PM
I'm part Irish, too. Very light complexion, and I burn easily. Don't tan very much either. If I'm out for long periods in summer I will get maybe a few shades darker, but my face and neck almost always burn.

Jephael
09-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Sunburn sucks. I remember once getting it really bad on one side of my neck. It pretty much ruined a family trip to Dewey Beach (which oddly enough was the weekend following 9/11)

Ever since then I'm always sure to lather on the sunblock whenever it's hot out.

ssjup81
09-04-2016, 04:28 PM
I'm black, and dark skin is like a natural sunblock (and why a lot of African Americans have vitamin D deficiency) but one should still be careful.

My roommate is a redhead and she burns easily. I feel so bad for her.I'm part Irish, too. Very light complexion, and I burn easily. Don't tan very much either. If I'm out for long periods in summer I will get maybe a few shades darker, but my face and neck almost always burn.The friend I mentioned is of Irish descent.

Prowler
09-04-2016, 04:37 PM
I'm black, and dark skin is like a natural sunblock (and why a lot of African Americans have vitamin D deficiency) but one should still be careful.

My roommate is a redhead and she burns easily. I feel so bad for her.The friend I mentioned is of Irish descent.
I'm not Irish or a redhead and yet I burn easily. And so does my brother and did my grandmother So it doesn't mean anything. There are Swedes who tan well just like there are Greeks who get sunburned. It depends on the person.