PDA

View Full Version : Question for people who have seen the new movie (spoilers)

jimbob_2003
06-02-2016, 11:56 PM
Hi,

I watched the movie yesterday and enjoyed it for what it is.

My question is when Shredder got frozen and stored in the technodrome could anyone make out any of the other frozen statues???

Etsyturtle2
06-03-2016, 04:30 AM
Hi,

I watched the movie yesterday and enjoyed it for what it is.

My question is when Shredder got frozen and stored in the technodrome could anyone make out any of the other frozen statues???

Triceraton.

Shark_Blade
06-03-2016, 05:07 AM
I watched it again today but the scene went on too fast I couldn't spot any Triceraton.

chrisdude
06-03-2016, 05:12 AM
I thought I saw one of the pizza monsters, from the cartoon. The one that looks like a xenomorph. But it went by so fast, I thought, "they must not have been trying to show us anything." We need a still.

vicsavage
06-03-2016, 06:19 AM
I THOUGHT I saw Usagi Yojimbo, but that might've been me looking for something that wasn't there. Like others have said, the only noticeable one is the Triceraton.

Shark_Blade
06-03-2016, 06:30 AM
If Usagi is in the next film, I'd faint. :eek:

They need to get him in the Nick tmnt asap though.

MikeandRaph87
06-03-2016, 06:56 AM
So Shredder is frozen in Dimension X at the film's end? I was hoping to get something resolved with him.

The biggest disappointment plot-wise was no fight between the TMNT and Shredder. Instead of have Shredder finally with his helmet frozen over have Shredder and Krang work together and Krang then freeze him because Krang wanted to do the honors?

Candy Kappa
06-03-2016, 07:03 AM
They need to get him in the Nick tmnt asap though.

Not gonna happen without the creator's consent.

Etsyturtle2
06-03-2016, 07:05 AM
I THOUGHT I saw Usagi Yojimbo, but that might've been me looking for something that wasn't there. Like others have said, the only noticeable one is the Triceraton.

Yes! Someone else saw it!

Shark_Blade
06-03-2016, 07:42 AM
So Shredder is frozen in Dimension X at the film's end? I was hoping to get something resolved with him.

The biggest disappointment plot-wise was no fight between the TMNT and Shredder. Instead of have Shredder finally with his helmet frozen over have Shredder and Krang work together and Krang then freeze him because Krang wanted to do the honors?Shredder was a full on one bloated egoist and treated Baxter like crap (calling him a "footnote"). He betrayed Baxter's loyalty and trust, throwing him away after he had helped him so much! That was such an arrogant and foolish act which smacked him back in the face later on.

When the table had turned and Krang betrayed the Shredder - what happened to him? He was imprisoned like a mere collectable statue, a complete disgrace and pure humiliation. If he had Baxter he could still help him out as much as he could. Not anymore.

I think it's a fitting end for the Shredder; he betrayed and got betrayed back. Justice. I like that ending very much for now.
But we all know he's gonna escape for the next one anyway. :D

Not gonna happen without the creator's consent.I know. If only. :(

Etsyturtle2
06-03-2016, 07:44 AM
Shredder was a full on one bloated egoist and treated Baxter like crap (calling him a "footnote"). He betrayed Baxter's loyalty and trust, throwing him away after he had helped him so much! That was such an arrogant and foolish act which smacked him back in the face later on.

When the table had turned and Krang betrayed the Shredder - what happened to him? He was imprisoned like a mere collectable statue, a complete disgrace and pure humiliation. If he had Baxter he could still help him out as much as he could. Not anymore.

I think it's a fitting end for the Shredder imo. I like that ending very much for the moment. We all know he's gonna escape for the next one anyway. :D

I know. If only. :(

Sigh. If only we could have a "next one". This movie's gonna flop so hard.

thundermaster612
06-03-2016, 01:55 PM
I thought I saw Ray Filet but it probably was the triceraton

Drose18
06-04-2016, 08:40 AM
Shredder was a full on one bloated egoist and treated Baxter like crap (calling him a "footnote"). He betrayed Baxter's loyalty and trust, throwing him away after he had helped him so much! That was such an arrogant and foolish act which smacked him back in the face later on.

I think it's a fitting end for the Shredder; he betrayed and got betrayed back. Justice. I like that ending very much for now.
But we all know he's gonna escape for the next one anyway. :D

I know. If only. :(

AGREED! This movie made shredder feel like a purple dragon in terms of deserving respek

newhire13
06-04-2016, 12:17 PM
The biggest disappointment plot-wise was no fight between the TMNT and Shredder.
In the end I guess it does make sense store-wise. I mean the entire reason he created Bebop and Rocksteady was because the turtles are too physically strong for The Foot. He was able to take them on in his armor in the first 1 but he doesn't have that this time. It's disappointing but makes sense considering what the first film established about the turtles.

Bry
06-04-2016, 12:27 PM
In the end I guess it does make sense store-wise. I mean the entire reason he created Bebop and Rocksteady was because the turtles are too physically strong for The Foot. He was able to take them on in his armor in the first 1 but he doesn't have that this time. It's disappointing but makes sense considering what the first film established about the turtles.

Along with the botched origin, this is one of those poor early decisions that kinda tanks the overall concept for this series of movies -- making the Turtles into super-strong Hulks really limits the kind of action you can put them in and takes them way out of the "ninja" side of that spectrum. :tconfuse:

If you've made a movie where the Turtles pretty much can't fight ninjas in a compelling way with any stakes, you've made a pretty huge mistake.

newhire13
06-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Along with the botched origin, this is one of those poor early decisions that kinda tanks the overall concept for this series of movies -- making the Turtles into super-strong Hulks really limits the kind of action you can put them in and takes them way out of the "ninja" side of that spectrum. :tconfuse:

If you've made a movie where the Turtles pretty much can't fight ninjas in a compelling way with any stakes, you've made a pretty huge mistake.

True. They had to pretty much make due with what they had because of the mistakes of the first one. I liked that they used it as an opportunity to justify Bebop and Rocksteady. They worked out really well because they're fun and credible threats to the turtles. Judging by the course correction work on this one I think its safe to say though that they'd probably do things a bit differently if they had to do it again.

jimbob_2003
06-12-2016, 12:22 PM
I take it no one has been able to get some form of a screen shot of the frozen statues yet?

Vicky82
06-12-2016, 12:39 PM
I expect you have to wait for the DVD release for that.

Candy Kappa
06-12-2016, 12:44 PM
I take it no one has been able to get some form of a screen shot of the frozen statues yet?

forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1587758&postcount=13

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
06-12-2016, 02:17 PM

Yeah you were just seeing things because Usagi would beat the crap out of Krang and never be taken prisoner by him. LOL! Honestly I wondered who were in the cages as well and thought maybe there were some easter eggs there.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
06-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Not gonna happen without the creator's consent.

I'm sure Stan Sakai would be fine with it. I just don't know if it's up to him or Dark Horse or what. I'm not sure who actually "owns" him. I mean I thiiiiink Stan does but I'm not sure. Usagi has been in the 87 and 03 versions so I don't see why he wouldn't let him be in this one. Heck even Gen was in the 03 one. Gen also rules and I'd like to see him and even Jei in the Nick version. Man that would be awesome.

Powder
06-12-2016, 02:24 PM
HELL NO he would not be fine with it. & Stan owns his character.

Usagi was only in the other versions as a favor to Peter Laird, who we all know has nothing to do with these movies.

Candy Kappa
06-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Yeah, there's no question on who "owns" Usagi. It's Stan who owns him. And no one would be fine if someone used their characters without consent.

CyberCubed
06-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Stan hasn't even agreed to let Nick or IDW use Usagi in either the cartoon or comic, of course he won't let Usagi be handled by these movie writers.

Bry
06-12-2016, 02:48 PM
I get the impression that the only reason Usagi showed up on the previous TMNT cartoons and toy lines was because Peter Laird is his good friend and owned the property at that point. Getting a little extra cut of royalty money is a nice perk, but having your friend in charge while the deal is made is a hell of a different thing than dealing with a massive corporation. As an indie comics creator who's managed to stay creator-owned/controlled for 30+ years, I don't think dealing with Viacom is something he's eager to do. (And good for him, really!)

Powder
06-12-2016, 02:50 PM
That is exactly right.

CyberCubed
06-12-2016, 03:01 PM
It is a shame though, I would love to see Usagi in a few episodes of the Nick cartoon or appear in the IDW comic. I'm sure the writers would treat him with respect. Bobby even said Usagi is his favorite comic.

TurtleTitan97
06-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Yeah, anyone who even thinks we're gonna see Usagi meeting the Turtles again in the near future is deluding themselves.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
06-12-2016, 09:58 PM
It is a shame though, I would love to see Usagi in a few episodes of the Nick cartoon or appear in the IDW comic. I'm sure the writers would treat him with respect. Bobby even said Usagi is his favorite comic.

Yeah it was the Nick cartoon I was referring to. I was just saying that since he let them use Usagi in the 03 show as well and also Gen. I would kill to see him too but I'm not holding my breath. Does anyone know if Stan has ever spoken about this? The Nick show and Usagi I mean?

Technogeek29
06-13-2016, 03:09 AM
Yeah it was the Nick cartoon I was referring to. I was just saying that since he let them use Usagi in the 03 show as well and also Gen. I would kill to see him too but I'm not holding my breath. Does anyone know if Stan has ever spoken about this? The Nick show and Usagi I mean?

Peter was heavily involved on 2k3 he has nothing to do with Nick so it's not at all surprising that Usagi isn't in that version.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
06-13-2016, 03:44 PM
Peter was heavily involved on 2k3 he has nothing to do with Nick so it's not at all surprising that Usagi isn't in that version.

Gotcha. I didn't even realize that. It's been a long time since I watched that version.