PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Officer Casey Jones?

Shark_Blade
06-03-2016, 07:33 AM
So what's your opinion on the new Casey by Stephen Amell?

http://i.imgur.com/VCAhhkK.jpg

I really prefer the short hair version. Very practical, doesn't get in the way.

http://i.imgur.com/GMv1MH7.jpg

He drives a car. It's a black Street & Racing Technology (aka SRT) model, a high-performance automobile.

http://i.imgur.com/tAvwR9C.jpg

He rollerblades like 2012 Nick Casey, and plays/battles with a hockey stick like all Caseys.

http://i.imgur.com/J4oBLdU.jpg

He wears his hockey mask very brief just like Elias Koteas (and even 2k7 Casey), gotta have that face time huh. :tlol: He wears his mask as protection for his face (a ninja star was stuck to his forehead). It's good to conceal his identity too so other police won't recognize him when doing vigilante stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/X02yEej.jpg

He dreams of becoming a police detective one day. I see this as a parallel to 2014 April - remember how she talked about "all those great reporters" to Vern after getting fired? Both of them dream big and to better themselves which I find inspiring.

http://i.imgur.com/Mi0HzAT.jpg

He's the best Casey Jones so far imo. I'd rank them all as such:

1. 2016 Casey (well rounded and very likeable. Can handle himself against foot clans)
2. OT Casey (a complete nutcase that likes to bash every enemy insight which I find funny from what I saw on youtube :lol:)
3. IDW Casey
4. TMNT 1 & 3 Casey
5. 2012 Casey (sometimes pervy and annoying, but he had good moments too)
6. 2007 Casey (boring imo)
7. 2003 Casey (annoying and obnoxious. Never like it whenever he appeared on screen).

Etsyturtle2
06-03-2016, 07:36 AM
Okay, I guess. He's the part I didn't like about it.

vicsavage
06-03-2016, 07:37 AM
I spent most of the movie wondering "is Casey Jones suffering from serious brain damage", because if so that'd explain how moronic the character was as well as his actions. He was as unnecessary as any other character introduced here. I'd rather have watched the adventures of Dean Winters, bartender who gives Bebop and Rocksteady special cell phones.

ZariusTwo
06-03-2016, 07:37 AM
Probably the most grounded and easy going Casey, but Armelle is not cut out for anything beyond tv acting

Shark_Blade
06-03-2016, 07:48 AM
I've never seen Arrow so I might as well check it out now. :P

TurtleTitan97
06-03-2016, 09:18 AM

Don't bother with seasons 3 and 4, the show became garbage.

ZariusTwo
06-03-2016, 09:27 AM

Check out The Flash instead

Armelle also wrestled last year at Summerslam...funny enough, everyone involved in the match currently is off the roster.:lol:

chrisdude
06-03-2016, 09:30 AM
I don't know how I feel about his backstory, being a cop. Casey's original backstory is "Watches too much TV," so I guess this is better.

ZariusTwo
06-03-2016, 09:32 AM
I did like that he mentions anger management issues...close a nod to the old 'toon version as you'll get here.

Powder
06-03-2016, 06:25 PM
It's what I disliked the most about the film, easily.

Raph's Girl
06-03-2016, 06:48 PM
I liked that Casey wasn't just some vigilante nutjob and had an actual job. Sure he was a cop on the low end of the totem pole but at least he had a goal in mind. The only thing is...how the heck was he able to even afford the car?? Cops don't get paid THAT well...especially low tier officers!

Leolead
06-03-2016, 07:15 PM
Worst part of the movie.

MikeandRaph87
06-03-2016, 07:26 PM
I remember during production reports stating Casey Jones managed a paint store. Where did that come from?

Casey being a cop threw me,but itvworks to fitvhim in the plot.

Aside from the Nicktoon having him a high school senior ,IDW depicts Casey as a struggling commuter college student. What jobs has Casey Jones had through the various depictions?

Powder
06-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Bag boy at a supermarket, bouncer at a bar, possibly a mechanic. Not sure beyond that.

Raph's Girl
06-03-2016, 07:43 PM
Bag boy at a supermarket, bouncer at a bar, possibly a mechanic. Not sure beyond that.

In Mirage he was an apartment manager with April. His mom owned the apartment before he did. She retired and moved to Florida.

beardcore84
06-06-2016, 10:25 AM
Amell did fine. My issue is the way the character was written. Casey Jones has ALWAYS been a vigilante!! You can't take the law into your own hands if you ARE the law! Totally ruined his character in my opinion.

Andrew NDB
06-06-2016, 10:28 AM
I have a question. Can anyone even say "Officer Casey Jones" with a straight face?

TigerClaw
06-06-2016, 10:37 AM
I have a question. Can anyone even say "Officer Casey Jones" with a straight face?
Yes, and I don't have a problem with Officer Casey Jones having an origin.

IndigoErth
06-06-2016, 11:03 AM
What do you think of Officer Casey Jones?
These Turtles need to do the facepalm once so we can gif that.

Amell played a decent character. But that character should not have been named Casey Jones. This just wasn't Casey.

Zak The Neutrino
06-06-2016, 11:08 AM
This was the second worst part of the movie for me. I hated it.

He was too pretty boy and didn't seem to have a temper.

CyberCubed
06-06-2016, 11:29 AM
This was the second worst part of the movie for me. I hated it.

He was too pretty boy and didn't seem to have a temper.

Casey literally spent an entire scene smashing up someones bar and went around against authority (his female boss) throughout the entire movie. He had a temper.

Zak The Neutrino
06-06-2016, 11:36 AM
Casey literally spent an entire scene smashing up someones bar and went around against authority (his female boss) throughout the entire movie. He had a temper.

He didn't smash the bar up in anger though. He was smashing the bar to get the bar tender to talk. He looked in complete control in that scene.

I would chalk up both your examples to rebel in his personality not temper.

croaker
06-07-2016, 09:19 AM
He wasn't a cop though.

He worked in corrections, and was hoping to become a cop.

So he was basically a prison guard, which is why he was driving the van to the new prison they were transferring to.

beeshaw
06-07-2016, 09:39 AM
He just SAID he had a temper, and SAID he had Anger issues. Other than mouthing off to Raph and acting like an 8yr old to the Police Chief (I'll be a detective one day! I'll show ya'!!), he didnt' really exhibit much more than petty annoyance. He needed to be more aggressive.

The Deadman
06-07-2016, 09:41 AM
At least his mask was cool, even if it did resemble Jason Voorhees.

beeshaw
06-07-2016, 09:43 AM
I didn't mind the mask at all - outside the ******** magic voice muffling properties. Wish he wore it more.

IndigoErth
06-07-2016, 10:13 AM
In a way, with the mask on, he was what the Turtles were last time. They left it up to just a visual representation, but there's little inside to actually make it Casey.

Mask off... well, this isn't Casey. The character would have stood on his own just fine if it was a new friend original to these films. And maybe he just should have been.

If they continue, how are they even going to turn him into a Casey we actually recognize beyond a mask and hockey stick? They don't handle complex concepts too well, that much is clear, so how are they even going to handle trying to legitimately shift the character to that degree. It could be interesting if a great writer could pull if off as a slow burn through several films... but these guys rush stuff like a fanfic writer who only wants to get to the juicy part then fails to give it much depth or meaning, or making it matter much at all.

Autbot_Benz
06-07-2016, 01:21 PM
So what's your opinion on the new Casey by Stephen Amell?

http://i.imgur.com/VCAhhkK.jpg

I really prefer the short hair version. Very practical, doesn't get in the way.

http://i.imgur.com/GMv1MH7.jpg

He drives a car. It's a black Street & Racing Technology (aka SRT) model, a high-performance automobile.

http://i.imgur.com/tAvwR9C.jpg

He rollerblades like 2012 Nick Casey, and plays/battles with a hockey stick like all Caseys.

http://i.imgur.com/J4oBLdU.jpg

He wears his hockey mask very brief just like Elias Koteas (and even 2k7 Casey), gotta have that face time huh. :tlol: He wears his mask as protection for his face (a ninja star was stuck to his forehead). It's good to conceal his identity too so other police won't recognize him when doing vigilante stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/X02yEej.jpg

He dreams of becoming a police detective one day. I see this as a parallel to 2014 April - remember how she talked about "all those great reporters" to Vern after getting fired? Both of them dream big and to better themselves which I find inspiring.

http://i.imgur.com/Mi0HzAT.jpg

He's the best Casey Jones so far imo. I'd rank them all as such:

1. 2016 Casey (well rounded and very likeable. Can handle himself against foot clans)
2. OT Casey (a complete nutcase that likes to bash every enemy insight which I find funny from what I saw on youtube :lol:)
3. IDW Casey
4. TMNT 1 & 3 Casey
5. 2012 Casey (sometimes pervy and annoying, but he had good moments too)
6. 2007 Casey (boring imo)
7. 2003 Casey (annoying and obnoxious. Never like it whenever he appeared on screen).

You Rank Elias Koteas Casey as number 4? He is the only person to get Casey Right if you ignore him in tmnt 3 http://i.imgur.com/spfLPIK.png

Candy Kappa
06-17-2016, 07:20 AM
Not a fan.

LeotheLateBloomer
06-17-2016, 09:50 AM
There literally was no point to make Casey an officer. It added nothing to his character. This guy is NOT Casey Jones. It baffles me how they literally go out of their way to rewrite the origin story for these characters. No offense to the actor but he did not portray Casey Jones at all. Least favorite Casey, by far.

IndigoErth
06-17-2016, 11:33 AM
Though we might have felt let down and asking "Where's Casey?" (then again we already are), Amell's character should have just been a new friend instead; their inlet to making friends with the local police who can be important backup for later events that might be too big for just four guys to handle.

Even if this somehow went on for several more sequels and they make good on their suggestion that we've only met Casey at an earlier point in his life, with plans to alter him through subsequent films... I don't see how they could comfortably take clean cut cop Casey and turn him into a nutjob with an ENTIRELY different persona. Logically (though I know logic is not a friend of theirs) what is that going to require for Casey, a serious head injury? That one burst of mild so-called "anger issues" in the film isn't exactly convincing enough that he's due to turn into a psycho down the line. Or at the very least, quit the police force for some reason and become rougher around the edges.

Film should have somehow ended up with him fired, very dishonorably, and he becomes disgruntled over it... That would at least be something to work with later.

Candy Kappa
06-17-2016, 11:51 AM
I love how the movie lingers a shot on the mask as he opens the trunk of his car, as if it's a defining heroic moment and he just wears that mask once.

it honestly felt more like a "*wink wink* he usually uses a mask, OOOOH what a reference!" then anything crucial to the movie.

swing_kinker
06-20-2016, 06:40 AM
I like Amell but he's too nicey nice and male model like to pull of the nihilistic, delinquent gone good Casey like Elias did.not his fault as the cop route was a poor choice in my opinion. Still enjoyed the movie

TonySiegel
06-20-2016, 10:24 AM
forgettable but im a 1990 film purist

Autbot_Benz
06-20-2016, 10:43 AM
I couldn't stand the part where he acted like a pussy and was scared of the turtles when he first saw them. Any other Casey Jones would have just fought them. I just rewatched the 1990 movie last night and man Amell sucks compared to Koteas

killerkobra
06-21-2016, 02:29 PM
I completely thought that Casey was the worst part of this movie. Never would I have pictured Casey being so pathetic. The lack of weapons and his personality was horrible. Why did Amell think it was a good idea to use a high pitched voice? Ruined the movie for me. Well, Casey and how they completely screwed over Shredder again. 2 movies in a row shredhead was just someone elses stooge

beeshaw
06-21-2016, 03:03 PM
I completely thought that Casey was the worst part of this movie. Never would I have pictured Casey being so pathetic. The lack of weapons and his personality was horrible. Why did Amell think it was a good idea to use a high pitched voice? Ruined the movie for me. Well, Casey and how they completely screwed over Shredder again. 2 movies in a row shredhead was just someone elses stooge

lol... that's his voice.

Lucky
06-25-2016, 07:34 AM
I thought he was great, and his story here seemed like a nice origin for Casey. I admit though that I am a big Amell fan from his work on Arrow, so he was one of the big draws of the movie for me.