PDA

View Full Version : Did you specifically like the movie?

thundermaster612
06-03-2016, 02:03 PM
I just wanted a majority type thing stating whether people actually liked the movie or not. Vote now and you get a small loan of a million pizza slices (no anchovies)

ZariusTwo
06-03-2016, 02:07 PM
"Noone is neutral"

...Sorry, quoting the BVS trailer that dropped yesterday...:lol:

Yeah I liked it, had it's problems but it's a pinpoint adaptation of a typical Saturday Morning in the 1990s

neatoman
06-03-2016, 02:10 PM
No, I did not like the movie. It's too long for it's idiotic plot, it's full of unfunny comedy and it's a really bad sign when I can safely say I thought it had eight annoying characters.

ToTheNines
06-03-2016, 02:16 PM
Yeah I liked it, had it's problems but it's a pinpoint adaptation of a typical Saturday Morning in the 1990s

It really isn't though....

ZariusTwo
06-03-2016, 02:24 PM

To me, it is.

You can't change that opinion, so don't even try.

Vicky82
06-03-2016, 02:25 PM
I enjoyed it, it's better than the last movie but it did have some issues.

No memorable things happened.
Shredder and Karia basically doing nothing.
I liked the action but not enough fighting and not enough use of weapons.
Stephen as Casey, he was alright not perfect though.

ZariusTwo
06-03-2016, 02:27 PM

Wrong. The airplane and waterfall battles stood out, and the bits where Raph and Leo argued over the mutagen, and Splinter listening to Lionel Richie:lol:

neatoman
06-03-2016, 02:28 PM

Yeah if it was, then it would be extremely annoying, full of plotholes and cluttered with useless subplots... Oh wait, it was...

All kidding aside, yeah. It's hardly pinpoint accuracy to the Fred Wolf cartoon, it's closer than anything else but it certainly isn't that similar.

ZariusTwo
06-03-2016, 02:32 PM
Yeah if it was, then it would be extremely annoying, full of plotholes and cluttered with useless subplots... Oh wait, it was...

And it was fun.

That's all it ever needed to be.

Plenty of people agree with me also.

Your misfortune is not ours my friend.

[It's hardly pinpoint accuracy to the Fred Wolf cartoon, it's closer than anything else

Then for what it is, it did it's job.

Vicky82
06-03-2016, 02:35 PM
Wrong. The airplane and waterfall battles stood out, and the bits where Raph and Leo argued over the mutagen, and Splinter listening to Lionel Richie:lol:

Yeah they stood out but not memorable, they weren't anything like Leo's beatdown/thrown though the window, Donnie beatdown/shell smashed. The Nick episode the Invasion ect. I would of liked something from the movie to make my jaw drop to the floor/jump out of seat.

TurtleTitan97
06-03-2016, 02:35 PM
And it was fun.

Some people would highly disagree with that. It takes more than a movie to be seen as "fun" in order to actually be considered "good".

neatoman
06-03-2016, 02:36 PM
And it was fun.

If by "fun" you mean "annoying and cluttered", then yes.

ZariusTwo
06-03-2016, 02:36 PM
It takes more than a movie to be seen as "fun" in order to actually be considered "good".

Doesn't stop Marvel fans does it? They praise painfully average s*ite all the time under the illusion it's remotely competent.

(and yes, the Captain America sequels are admittedly pretty good and are both intelligently paced AND fun, but they're exceptions to the rule)

If by "fun" you mean "annoying and cluttered", then yes.

No, I meant it was fun.

To YOU, it was "annoying and cluttered" but not to me and many others.

Like I said, you're not changing your mind, so spare your breath. In the end, you're the one who ruined your own good time.

ToTheNines
06-03-2016, 02:38 PM

Well plenty more people agreed that Thor: The Dark World was a good movie. So whatever.

TrickOrTreater
06-03-2016, 02:40 PM

Oh hey. Someone who liked the movie and is positive about it telling somebody else their opinion is wrong.

You can't make this hypocritical sh*t up. :lol:

TurtleTitan97
06-03-2016, 02:49 PM
Doesn't stop Marvel fans does it? They praise painfully average s*ite all the time under the illusion it's remotely competent.

(and yes, the Captain America sequels are admittedly pretty good and are both intelligently paced AND fun, but they're exceptions to the rule)

Compared to these films, even Marvel's weaker movies are better in comparison.

So you'd rather take this Bayfest nonsense we're getting rather than a TMNT movie that's on the same level of quality as Cap's films at least?

neatoman
06-03-2016, 02:50 PM

Well to be fair to the Marvel movies, in addition to having decent plots, none of them has Sheamus and Uncle Ruckus shout fat jokes at each other (amongst other cringeworthy nonsense that can laughably be thought of as humor).

No, I meant it was fun.

To YOU, it was "annoying and cluttered" but not to me and many others.

Like I said, you're not changing your mind, so spare your breath. In the end, you're the one who ruined your own good time.

How could I ruin a good time I didn't have in the first place? I either cringed and dropped my jaw throughout most of this movie.

thundermaster612
06-03-2016, 02:56 PM
Don't get this thread locked like the review one, at least give some others the chance to vote

Bry
06-03-2016, 03:04 PM
Take cover, everyone!!

https://media1.giphy.com/media/mjMMy4go77jiw/giphy.gif

Bry
06-03-2016, 03:37 PM
In the end, you're the one who ruined your own good time.

I know I shouldn't say anything here, especially considering how things went... last time. But what the hell. Because come on, this is a pretty ridiculous thing to say, isn't it?

I am legitimately happy that you liked it. I don't think anyone's trying to take that away from you, and nobody even could if they wanted to. But it's pretty silly to blame the viewer for not enjoying the movie. People have different tastes and expectations, and if they don't like something, they just don't like something. And their reasons for not liking it are perfectly valid. Admonishing them for that is just needlessly insulting and combative. Not everyone has to like what you like, right?

chrisdude
06-03-2016, 05:46 PM
I used to say an adaptation of OT season one would make a great movie. And that's pretty much what this is.

MsMarvelDuckie
06-03-2016, 07:25 PM
I agree. It WAS a fun movie, and hit many of the same notes as the OT. Krang was KRANG, even without the weird voice we are all so familiar with from Fraley. Bebop and Rocksteady were entertaining as the idiots they've always been, even in their more disgusting and annoying moments. They simply WERE the characters, warts and all. My only real quibble is Baxter, who felt a bit like Tyler Perry channeling Eddie Murphy as the Nutty Professor's evil twin. But the movie felt more like TMNT than the last one. It felt like I was watching an OT episode in LA movie form.

nellyp
06-03-2016, 08:08 PM
I really liked it overall.

Pros: It had a lot of fun stuff in it. Liked the Casey and Splinter part a lot. Mikey was fun and entertaining throughout, but also made me start to tear up at one point...probably just had a piece of dirt in my eye, yeah that was all. Bebop and Rocksteady were really well done. Krang was disgustingly grotesque and it really worked. I liked how he couldn't fit properly into his own stomach cavity as it makes the toy of him more movie accurate :P

Cons: The human villains could have had more to do. Shredder was under used as we kind of expected to happen since he wasn't a giant transformer this time. I was hoping there would be more about Baxter Stockman, like a teaser after the credits but nothing there. Karai also was just kinda there.

Overall 8.5/10

Shark_Blade
06-03-2016, 08:12 PM
Like it. :)

The Deadman
06-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Oh hey. Someone who liked the movie and is positive about it telling somebody else their opinion is wrong.

You can't make this hypocritical sh*t up. :lol:

Gotta balance out all the negativity towards the people that actually wanted to see and like it and not hate it just because Michael Bay was attached, ya know.

Editor's Note Comics
06-04-2016, 12:56 PM
Eh it wasn't for me. There's too much going on and not enough at the same time. Villains plan comes out of nowhere and it all comes across like video game objectives. Casey Jones is a plucky moron. The ending is pretty much the same as the last movie. It steals liberally from the first Avengers with both shots and plot. But there are a few funny and decent moments. Bad, but better than the last one.

TrickOrTreater
06-04-2016, 02:28 PM
Gotta balance out all the negativity towards the people that actually wanted to see and like it and not hate it just because Michael Bay was attached, ya know.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself.

Powder
06-04-2016, 03:05 PM
I don't know that "like" is the word. It was way better than the last one, but still offensive to my turtle senses. I was at least entertained by it, unlike previously, which not only angered me but was immensely boring. I voted neutral because I didn't hate it with the same fiery rage as before, I just hated a lot of elements within.

Foombamaroom
06-04-2016, 03:13 PM
I'll vote when I see a version of this that I don't have to specifically pay for (HBO, Netflix, etc.).

CyberCubed
06-04-2016, 05:32 PM
As someone who hated the 2014 TMNT movie, hates the nostrils, and went into this movie with the absolute lowest of expectations (especially if you've seen my rants)....I actually enjoyed the movie. Its a 7.5/10 for me as a TMNT fan.

The personalities and interactions of the Turtles were surprisingly well done. Its a vast improvement over the first film, and while there are aspects I dislike (Don's glasses, etc.) it was enjoyable. Casey was handled alright for what he was, and Vernon has a very funny scene pulling a camera wire out of a wall. April is Megan Fox, take or leave, but she's not really much of a problem.

Bebop/Rocksteady and Baxter were the best villains and had a lot of comedic scenes and good moments. Baxter was basically Eddie Murphy as The Nutty Professor. I also really like Brian Tee as Shredder, but he unfortunately didn't get to do much and had no fight at the end.

Krang was alright, but a non-TMNT fan would have no clue who he was or where he came from (we just know he came from another dimension), and we have no idea if he's a warlord or if he's an Utrom or what. He's just a brain alien.

Overall, 7.5/10 as a TMNT fan, if I were a non-TMNT fan I suppose it'd be about a 6/10 if I didn't know these characters. Man, I never thought I'd enjoy a Michael Bay TMNT movie. Hell must have frozen over.

MsMarvelDuckie
06-04-2016, 05:43 PM
Oh good! I was afraid I was the only one who noticed how Perry's Baxter looked so much like Murphy's Nutty Prof.

MrTMNT2012
06-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Loved it but there were A LOT of problems with it...gonna have to sit on this for awhile before a full review.

Xiewin
06-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Well the film was decent in terms of entertainment, and this is coming from someone who I HATED the 2014 film.

The story is utterly cliche and the plot made no sense whatsoever. However, I liked it. I think it's worth seeing just for the turtles alone.

samxsteal
06-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Really loved this one so much it was great even better then the last one it got so much right I can't believe it. I can't wait for the third movie keep this up and I'll be a very happy camper

MrTMNT2012
06-04-2016, 05:53 PM
The 2nd act ooze/human sub-plot is the most introspectively written display of the Ninja Turtles as actual characters with tangible dilemmas in ANY iteration of TMNT since the 2003 Series.

Too bad the resolution was complete trash.

TigerClaw
06-04-2016, 05:56 PM
I liked it a lot more then the 2014 movie, it lived up to my expectations.

This movie leaves it open for a 3rd movie cause.
Shredder was frozen and put in a cell inside the Technodrome, Krang and the Technodrome were sent back into Dimension X.
Bebop and Rocksteady were captured by the Police and being held somewhere.

For the 3rd movie, I could see.
Shredder unfreezing in the Technodrome, and then Shredder forced to team up with Krang, even if he double crossed him.

Bebop and Rocksteady breaks out of some prison that's being used to hold mutants.

Baxter Stockman getting his revenge on Shredder, he mutates himself and turns into a Fly, creates the mousers and they attack the Turtles and Splinter in the lair.

The Triceraton breaks out of the cell in the technodrome, and it turns out to be Zog, He ends up in the sewers and the Turtles find him.

Powder
06-04-2016, 05:57 PM
The 2nd act ooze/human sub-plot is the most introspectively written display of the Ninja Turtles as actual characters with tangible dilemmas in ANY iteration of TMNT since the 2003 Series.

Too bad the resolution was complete trash.

I respect that you like it, & I acknowledge it's potential too, but the Mirage comics were doing introspective/existential material all throughout the 2000's. TMNT had successfully built upon interpersonal issues & so too have the bodies of work from IDW, Nick & etc. Praise it all you like, but don't act like the series' heart hasn't been beating strong forever.

MrTMNT2012
06-04-2016, 06:12 PM
I respect that you like it, & I acknowledge it's potential too, but the Mirage comics were doing introspective/existential material all throughout the 2000's. TMNT had successfully built upon interpersonal issues & so too have the bodies of work from IDW, Nick & etc. Praise it all you like, but don't act like the series' heart hasn't been beating strong forever.

Point taken. I just thought it was a genius way to sort of reboot their characters and give them depth at the same time, which the Nick series did too but it became derivative after a while cause they continuesly delved in those matters anyway throughout the show.

TigerClaw
06-04-2016, 09:46 PM
I loved the movie, but there was one thing that annoyed me, there were parents sitting behind me and holding a child on there lap, and that kid kept making some noises during the movie.

I understand bringing kids to the movie, when they are a certain age that is, but if the kids are too young for the movie, they shouldn't be in the theater, cause they just make tons of noise, and the parents don't do anything to shut them up.

Kids that young need to be dropped off at a relative, or at a babysitter.

But that didn't ruin the experience, it was a minor inconvenience.

Utrommaniac
06-04-2016, 09:51 PM
I just got back from seeing it, and I'm pretty neutral. The theater was PACKED. Mostly with little kids and their families. That made the experience interesting.

It could use another scene or two with Krang, who was basically a (very, VERY) large ham on every line. Sounding like a non-Scottish David Nighy with extremely stuffed sinuses. He met somewhere in the middle between FW Krang and IDW Krang. And for some reason, dropped lower on the command chain. That seems to happen a lot in various adaptations.
"Lord"/Ruler of Dimension X
General/Prince
"Commander"

Shredder's first encounter with Krang was so neutral, I thought that they had already met somehow. And why is he completely attached to his machine? Which should be a lot easier to get into the cavity. Just...have a function where they sides open up. No need to cram himself in. Explains the toy, though.

The turtles were just about what I expected to be. Leonardo does something that upsets Raphael, plot collapses around them being unable to function because of that. Bebop and Rocksteady were also as expected. I couldn't help but have a small laugh at the "This pig can fly!" line as Bebop blew out of the plane, though the moment was probably not right for it. Now, if he was hang gliding...

The human cast was about as I expected, and I can't help but notice Casey and Vernon looked eerily similar, even with their different haircuts. The clock wire scene was another bit I felt bad for laughing at. It was incredibly dumb, but I couldn't help it.

The whole movie was incredibly dumb. But I'm glad I saw it.

TigerClaw
06-04-2016, 09:52 PM
I just got back from seeing it, and I'm pretty neutral. The theater was PACKED. Mostly with little kids and their families. That made the experience interesting.

It could use another scene or two with Krang, who was basically a (very, VERY) large ham on every line. Sounding like a non-Scottish David Nighy with extremely stuffed sinuses. He met somewhere in the middle between FW Krang and IDW Krang. And for some reason, dropped lower on the command chain. That seems to happen a lot in various adaptations.
"Lord"/Ruler of Dimension X
General/Prince
"Commander"

Shredder's first encounter with Krang was so neutral, I thought that they had already met somehow. And why is he completely attached to his machine? Which should be a lot easier to get into the cavity. Just...have a function where they sides open up. No need to cram himself in. Explains the toy, though.

The turtles were just about what I expected to be. Leonardo does something that upsets Raphael, plot collapses around them being unable to function because of that. Bebop and Rocksteady were also as expected. I couldn't help but have a small laugh at the "This pig can fly!" line as Bebop blew out of the plane, though the moment was probably not right for it. Now, if he was hang gliding...

The human cast was about as I expected, and I can't help but notice Casey and Vernon looked eerily similar, even with their different haircuts. The clock wire scene was another bit I felt bad for laughing at. It was incredibly dumb, but I couldn't help it.

The whole movie was incredibly dumb. But I'm glad I saw it.
Were the kids noisy during the whole movie? cause only kids who aren't the right age for this, just make lots of noise.

Utrommaniac
06-04-2016, 10:13 PM
It really depended on the moment, but they were mostly okay. They certainly weren't disruptively loud, but it was still obviously a theater full of kids.

thundermaster612
06-05-2016, 07:31 AM
Glad I saw the movie during school hours

thundermaster612
06-05-2016, 07:33 AM
Eh it wasn't for me. There's too much going on and not enough at the same time. Villains plan comes out of nowhere and it all comes across like video game objectives. Casey Jones is a plucky moron. The ending is pretty much the same as the last movie. It steals liberally from the first Avengers with both shots and plot. But there are a few funny and decent moments. Bad, but better than the last one.

I've seen the Avengers and its not even like that. The only thing that does look stolen was the portal but the 80s toon had that (The Grybyx)

The Deadman
06-05-2016, 09:57 AM
How could I ruin a good time I didn't have in the first place? I either cringed and dropped my jaw throughout most of this movie.

So you're essentially saying you were planning on hating the movie in the first place and you saw it out of spite just so you could tell us how much sh*t sucked?

Bry
06-05-2016, 10:05 AM
So you're essentially saying you were planning on hating the movie in the first place and you saw it out of spite just so you could tell us how much sh*t sucked?

That's... not what he said? His comments suggest he saw the movie and hated it, in that order.

Editor's Note Comics
06-05-2016, 11:06 AM
I've seen the Avengers and its not even like that. The only thing that does look stolen was the portal but the 80s toon had that (The Grybyx)

Giant blue space portal above New York causing an alien invasion that can all be prevented by destroying something shiny and the slow motion shot of Rocksteady chasing Casey is identical to the Hulk chasing Black Widow. Same angle, situation, and in a tight location that the bigger character pushes through. But hey, if you're going to steal moments from a movie, at least is was a good movie to steal from. Better than stealing from the Amazing Spider-Man like in the last movie.

TigerClaw
06-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Giant blue space portal above New York causing an alien invasion that can all be prevented by destroying something shiny and the slow motion shot of Rocksteady chasing Casey is identical to the Hulk chasing Black Widow. Same angle, situation, and in a tight location that the bigger character pushes through. But hey, if you're going to steal moments from a movie, at least is was a good movie to steal from. Better than stealing from the Amazing Spider-Man like in the last movie.
The Technodrome attacking NYC is something that we seen happen in the 80s cartoon before, Even the Nickelodeon series done it.

Editor's Note Comics
06-05-2016, 02:57 PM
The Technodrome attacking NYC is something that we seen happen in the 80s cartoon before, Even the Nickelodeon series done it.

That's very true. It was just the way it was done that was so familiar (including shots of the guns on the side of the Technodrome that mirror shots of the guns on Helicarriers in Winter Soldier). But a part of why I didn't really like the movie (keep in mind I didn't hate it, it's just not for me) is because we've seen all this before, and that makes for kind of a forgettable experience. The argument could be made it's a family movie, but the ones that stand out from my childhood are the ones that felt like something new.

ZariusTwo
06-05-2016, 03:00 PM
That's... not what he said? His comments suggest he saw the movie and hated it, in that order.

And then proceeded to spam every thread talking about how much he hated it, which got very annoying very quickly.

neatoman
06-05-2016, 03:26 PM
And then proceeded to spam every thread talking about how much he hated it, which got very annoying very quickly.

Spam? You're really reaching there buddy, it's nowhere near enough to qualify as spam. If it was spam I'd fill entire threads with comments, pages and pages of my comments. Give me a break, at most you'd see like three of my comments on one page and I'm not even sure you've seen that much.

Do you really feel it's justified to assassinate my character because I hated this movie? A movie (need I remind you) is critically panned and expects the audience to believe humans evolved from rhinos and pigs, do you really think that movie is worth defending?

thundermaster612
06-05-2016, 05:52 PM

Hulk vs Widow was actually pretty different when you look at it. As for the portal, they had that in the 80s but it doesn't matter if they overlooked that. Anyways it was minor so it doesn't matter

thundermaster612
06-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Spam? You're really reaching there buddy, it's nowhere near enough to qualify as spam. If it was spam I'd fill entire threads with comments, pages and pages of my comments. Give me a break, at most you'd see like three of my comments on one page and I'm not even sure you've seen that much.

Do you really feel it's justified to assassinate my character because I hated this movie? A movie (need I remind you) is critically panned and expects the audience to believe humans evolved from rhinos and pigs, do you really think that movie is worth defending?

Actually real time science here, humans evolved from other beings. The thing Baxter said was legit, the reason we have such a diverse world of humans is because our genes are different from evolution. Each of us have a dormant animal gene that when switched (by a dna switch) could trigger a mutation. Probably not like B&R's mutation but a sort of mutation.

TurtleTitan97
06-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Each of us have a dormant animal gene that when switched (by a dna switch) could trigger a mutation. Probably not like B&R's mutation but a sort of mutation.

You'll pardon me if I shake my head in disbelief.

TrickOrTreater
06-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Actually real time science here, humans evolved from other beings. The thing Baxter said was legit, the reason we have such a diverse world of humans is because our genes are different from evolution. Each of us have a dormant animal gene that when switched (by a dna switch) could trigger a mutation. Probably not like B&R's mutation but a sort of mutation.

...the school system has failed us.

Utrommaniac
06-05-2016, 06:12 PM

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/207/592/morbo-evolution.jpg
And neither does mutation for that matter!

neatoman
06-05-2016, 06:33 PM

(Takes deep breath)

Human beings share a common ancestor with both pigs and rhinos, the problem is that it looked like this:
https://p2.trrsf.com/image/fget/cf/460/0/images.terra.com/2013/02/07/mamiferos-dinossauros-dinossauros-estudo-science-div.jpg

Traits like the nose horns evolved in the rhino line, long after it split from the human line, so there shouldn't be a gene for growing nose horns in the human genome. And even if humans evolved from rhinos or rhino like creatures, pigs or pig like creatures did not evolve into something that could mate with something in the human line, they could only evolve separately. If what Baxter said was even remotely true, the theory of evolution would fall apart and we'd have to re-evaluate the evidence.

Candy Kappa
06-05-2016, 06:37 PM
We share genes with all life one way or the other, there's no dormant animal gene. It's similar genetic codes.

we share 50% DNA with Bananas, but there's not a dormant banana gene in humans.

Bry
06-05-2016, 07:15 PM
we share 50% DNA with Bananas, but there's not a dormant banana gene in humans.

OR IS THERE

https://66.media.tumblr.com/15f1d22930b9b1346db816f203d4976c/tumblr_mtok1fJtKM1qc54voo1_500.jpg

MsMarvelDuckie
06-05-2016, 07:17 PM
Maybe not but that would certainly explain the banana mutant from Turtles Forever!

Dang Bry beat me to it....

Utrommaniac
06-05-2016, 07:39 PM
(Takes deep breath)

Human beings share a common ancestor with both pigs and rhinos, the problem is that it looked like this:
https://p2.trrsf.com/image/fget/cf/460/0/images.terra.com/2013/02/07/mamiferos-dinossauros-dinossauros-estudo-science-div.jpg

Traits like the nose horns evolved in the rhino line, long after it split from the human line, so there shouldn't be a gene for growing nose horns in the human genome. And even if humans evolved from rhinos or rhino like creatures, pigs or pig like creatures did not evolve into something that could mate with something in the human line, they could only evolve separately. If what Baxter said was even remotely true, the theory of evolution would fall apart and we'd have to re-evaluate the evidence.

Thank you!

snake
06-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Just got out of it. Ehhhhh not really. I was looking forward to the fight scenes but there weren't any good ones, which was a huge missed oppertunity. Bebop and Rocksteady were awesome though.

IndigoErth
06-06-2016, 12:14 AM
Finally caught it tonight. Like the previous film, it's a mix of things I liked and other stuff being a bit "meh" (which I expected), but the like outweighed the not. Most importantly though I loved the treatment of the Turtles a heck of a lot more this time. (Sans the few Looney Tunes moments I could do without.) They finally felt like people in their own film, not sentient props just there for action sequences. And getting emotion out of them... particularly openly from Mikey and subtle from Leo (who I agree was a much better portrayal of him this time). Raph saying Leo doesn't know anything about emotions... no, look at certain shots of him, he knows a lot... he just keeps it to himself mostly, as is the Leo way.

No, not everything was the greatest idea or take on things, but credit for it's obvious better effort that was put into trying to do the right thing, esp with the Turtles, which was my biggest hope for it, so they came through pretty well in that respect. For them, yes. For some other elements, neutral.

Editor's Note Comics
06-06-2016, 08:09 AM
Hulk vs Widow was actually pretty different when you look at it.

I looked. Still looks like the same scenario. Tiny person running through a small space while a large (one could say a hulking CGI character) chases them, destroying everything on their left and right as they run right at the camera in slow motion. I call theft.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h409/zbowen3308/TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-OUT-OF-THE-SHADOWS26-586x240_zpsb0lysnfm.jpg (http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/zbowen3308/media/TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-OUT-OF-THE-SHADOWS26-586x240_zpsb0lysnfm.jpg.html)
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h409/zbowen3308/Hulk-chasing-Black-Widow-the-avengers-2012-movie-30116811-1280-686_zpsywfuh1v0.png (http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/zbowen3308/media/Hulk-chasing-Black-Widow-the-avengers-2012-movie-30116811-1280-686_zpsywfuh1v0.png.html)

Shark_Blade
06-06-2016, 08:31 AM
How Widow suddenly fell in love with Hulk after that is just bizarre...

TrickOrTreater
06-06-2016, 08:42 AM
How Widow suddenly fell in love with Hulk after that is just bizarre...

She didn't love Hulk, she loved Banner.

thundermaster612
06-06-2016, 10:44 AM
By dormant I meant inactive.
(IDK how you guys percepted my word use, dormant has 2 definitions)

thundermaster612
06-06-2016, 10:45 AM
I looked. Still looks like the same scenario. Tiny person running through a small space while a large (one could say a hulking CGI character) chases them, destroying everything on their left and right as they run right at the camera in slow motion. I call theft.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h409/zbowen3308/TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-OUT-OF-THE-SHADOWS26-586x240_zpsb0lysnfm.jpg (http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/zbowen3308/media/TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-OUT-OF-THE-SHADOWS26-586x240_zpsb0lysnfm.jpg.html)
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h409/zbowen3308/Hulk-chasing-Black-Widow-the-avengers-2012-movie-30116811-1280-686_zpsywfuh1v0.png (http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/zbowen3308/media/Hulk-chasing-Black-Widow-the-avengers-2012-movie-30116811-1280-686_zpsywfuh1v0.png.html)

hrmmm. It looks similar but different (in my view, don't go crazy)

TigerClaw
06-06-2016, 10:47 AM
Here's a featurette talking about the motion capture.

olgzEjidV8s

TigerClaw
06-06-2016, 11:01 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkSGxOWUUAAH9_d.jpg:small

RaphaelinSTL
06-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Hey guys! Boy, it's been awhile since I post in the forums...but with a new TMNT film out in theaters, figured it's a better time now than ever to write about my thoughts on the new movie.

Welp. It's better than the 2014 movie, but a root canal is a much more enjoyable experience than that film.

This new movie is once again clunky, disjointed, flimsy and riddled with plot holes and an odd fast storytelling pace that ultimately leaves you with a incredibly hollow experience. As the surface level fan service stuff started appearing in the first half of the film, I was finding myself getting a little invested in what was going on but as the film continued and the story kept revealing itself I was totally out of the film entirely by the climax. Sure, it was incredible to see Shredder and Krang meet each other for the first time, but they WASTE Shredder as a character ONCE AGAIN. Rocksteady and Bebop were okay additions, though they ultimately didn't add much to the film by the end and Casey Jones honestly could've been written out of the film entirely and wouldn't have changed any aspect of the story.

The Turtles themselves were....okay....the designs are sleeker and they didn't have as many obnoxious accessories as the first movie, but I still don't get the connection with them as characters like I have so many times before in different kinds of media. Hell, I feel more connected to the Turtles in "We Wish You A Turtle Christmas" compared to these Platinum Dunes films...at least in the Christmas special they involved Splinter more. Michelangelo isn't as creepy, borderline bro-rape as he was in the first film so that's a major approvement but he still is portrayed as a bumbling goof and I wish that the creative people behind this understood how to make Mikey seem less like the butt of jokes as the one who f***s up all the time. Raphael, my favorite Ninja Turtle, is once again portrayed as "HEY DUDE, I'VE GOT THE ANGER ISSUES THAT'S WHY I'M BORDERLINE HULK LOOKIN IN SIZE" that I hated from the first movie. I feel so disconnected from Raph as a character on screen that I have a hard time looking at him and thinkin "Oh yeah, that's my favorite Ninja Turtle." Leo is WAY better than this without Knoxville and Don was decent as well. They were on point as far as I'm concerned...but jesus, these "fight scenes" were almost as not existent as the 2007 film. I shouldn't thinking to myself "Oh yeah, Raphael has sais" when he brings them out for the first time in the movie.....about an HOUR into the film.

The movie is just boring. If you had fun with it...that's fine, but good lord it's just an overall boring mess of Michael Bay troupes you've seen time and time again. People defend this and say it's an appropriate tribute to the 1987 series, but this is just something else entirely that's filled with characters you remember from that series...and not having done any justice to.

I really hope this film continues to have slower box office numbers as maybe we'll get an eventual reboot in the next five years or so. This series just isn't working.

Editor's Note Comics
06-06-2016, 11:08 AM
hrmmm. It looks similar but different (in my view, don't go crazy)

It's the Internet. If we disagree, I think we have to declare some kind of blood vengeance?

Technogeek29
06-06-2016, 11:29 AM
It's the Internet. If we disagree, I think we have to declare some kind of blood vengeance?

Editor's and Thunder blood feud begins. Now they must raise minions or children and have them fight for eons.

thundermaster612
06-06-2016, 12:06 PM
Editor's and Thunder blood feud begins. Now they must raise minions or children and have them fight for eons.

ehm... okay I suppose. Am I supposed to insult him or something? okay um, yo mamas so fat she had you and lost all of it?

**** it

IndigoErth
06-06-2016, 03:18 PM
So... the dormant genes thing.

If Bebop and Rocksteady turned into those humanoid animals based on their genetics (was it really so hard to just incorporate that DNA into an experiments instead of just shooting darts at them for unknown results?), uh, about the Turtles.

Was never said (I kind of expected it, but then again I should know better not to expect clarifying logical things to be included/said), but I guess this pretty much implied then that the Turtles, like 2012, kind of now have to have human DNA in there somewhere? (But in their case not really dormant... maybe the new mutagen just makes it take over.)

Not to mention hot plane equaled sweaty Turtles - you boys aren't all reptile... (Poor "Monkey Turtle." :trazz:)

neatoman
06-06-2016, 04:13 PM
So... the dormant genes thing.

If Bebop and Rocksteady turned into those humanoid animals based on their genetics (was it really so hard to just incorporate that DNA into an experiments instead of just shooting darts at them for unknown results?), uh, about the Turtles.

Was never said (I kind of expected it, but then again I should know better not to expect clarifying logical things to be included/said), but I guess this pretty much implied then that the Turtles, like 2012, kind of now have to have human DNA in there somewhere? (But in their case not really dormant... maybe the new mutagen just makes it take over.)

Not to mention hot plane equaled sweaty Turtles - you boys aren't all reptile... (Poor "Monkey Turtle." :trazz:)

Spot on, I guess the writers thought turtles evolved from humans as well? Which is actually even dumber because at least rhinos, pigs and humans are all mammals... And it's been proven that turtles evolved long before mammals.

Honestly, why didn't they just mutate a pair of abducted zoo animals instead, wouldn't that have been a far easier and less moronic? I know having them start out as humans made it more accurate to the cartoon but does anyone honestly care about what Bebop and Rocksteady were before their mutation?

Technogeek29
06-06-2016, 04:31 PM
Alright collected my thoughts so here go I'll put a spoiler tag in case you still want to see this movie.

The movie starts out with the Turtles sitting on top of Empire city Raph and Leo are sitting the highest, remember this it's important for later. As they jump down I already begun rolling my eyes with how dumb they want to portray Mikey in this version, "I thought you said squirrel formation" welp you already opening on a dumb weak joke? We're not off to a good start but let's continue, as they jump down the building I must abandon everything I've ever learn about physics with how much they spit in it's face. Velocity, gravity? Who cares I look good sliding on my brothers shell as he somehow got enough speed from the angle he was falling to even do such a thing. When the Turtles finally make it to the Basketball game they see Vern taking credit for defeating Shredder in the last movie, this would be fine if the Turtles didn't get upset that he is taking all the credit when they themselves asked him to!!! If they had just got simply got annoyed by his obnoxious behavior that scene could've been saved. But give credit were credit is due, the Turtles mimicking a falcon to mock Vernon's new nick name is in character for them and a juvenile teenager thing to do.

Next scene is with April meeting Baxter and when he starts speaking and says things like "As much I would like to be someone that a girl like you would recognize. I can assure you, you don't know who I am" I had hope for this character he is not recognize for his accomplishments so he assumes people think less of him from the get go. If this was explored more he could've been a interesting villain for this movie. And he is an awkward dork about getting praise the seeds were there. Unfortunately this is a barren wasteland and not a plot of land with rich soil so his character doesn't get better after introduction. April started off good flirting with Baxter to lower his guard and get in his good graces, but snowball's by becoming eye candy within 3 minutes in her introduction scene so yay for that.:trolleye: And the pizza slipped scene could've been cut altogether and the movie would've been better for it.

Next is the parade scene honestly besides the product placement of Bumblebee this scene is fine. Showing that Mikey wants to join society. Should've been longer and have Mikey get a swelled head and make him think humans would give him a chance. Would've made another scene have a lot more impact. So off to the prison we see Shredder being escorted to a transportation van with Bebop and Rocksteady joining him. Casey gets his introduction scene and as a easter egg says "Lawbreaker" to Shredder. I like that Casey mentions he uses hockey as a means to control his anger it falls flat because we never see that berserk-er rage Casey is known for but I digress. Bebop and Rocksteady start trying to make nice with Shredder to which he ignore's them this scene is another good one not perfect but good. Casey makes another crack at Shredder and he turns around and smiles "Or not" which is the last awesome thing he'll be doing in this movie. The chase scene has been played to death over the web so I'm just going to skip it and go to the next scene.

Krang happen to be teleporting Shredder the same time Baxter was because......Anyway Krang shows up and instantly just trash talks Shredder does nothing to gain his trust just treats him like garbage then promise him power and Shredder just goes along with it like a dunce. Next scene with Casey has him explaining to the chief of police what happen mentioning seeing Turtles and the truck which no one seems to have seen? It sticks out like a sore thumb the broken nunchunk arms left behind or the various other cops who were there who could tell you about what they saw adding credibility to Casey's story but no have to shoehorned why he becomes a vigilante. Casey also summarizes that Bebop and Rocksteady are dumb enough to go back to there favorite bar but apparently the NYPD can't come to that conclusion themselves. So back to TCRI (Should've been Stocktronics but whatever) we see that Shredder begins transforming Bebop and Rocksteady with April watching as she just strolls leisurely inside a research building (where is the security?) she waltz just right in and steal the purple ooze and runs out almost 2 blocks down the street before train assassins catch her and is saved by Casey who doing rather impressive for a guy who jut started using sports gear as a weapon. Wait let me clarify uses Sport gear no plural just the hockey stick like I predicted he would. So drawn out fight scene ensues until the cops show up and don't pursue the Masked vigilante or the woman being chased by an assassin but instead pick up the glowing ooze dropped during the fight. The Turtles meet Casey and screw with him for a bit in both the streets and the lair. Casey understandably gets fed up with it and tries to leave until he see's the garbage truck and realize that these guys tried to help him the previous night. But what a minute you told the cops previously that you saw Turtles driving a truck and you couldn't put two and two together to realize that maybe, just maybe. These are the same Turtles?

Technogeek29
06-06-2016, 04:32 PM
Donnie finds out the the mutagen can revert them back to normal and goes and tells Leo who immediately shuts down the idea saying it would cause disorder in the team. Mikey over hears this and tells Raph who confronts Leo on the issue, after a short verbal spat, Donnie tells Leo that Shredder is at the museum stealing a piece of technology that Krang needs to power his teleporter He benches Raph and Mikey and we shoehorn in more Mikey is the "dumb one" jokes into the movie. At the museum Shredder just waltzes in, again a place with no security of any kind and just steals the piece he needs. No alarms no anything, why is this a trend? Shredder tells Bebop & Rocksteady that they are going to Brazil to which Bebop responds "My speedo is already packed." Why would he say that? They are going into the forest not the river, it's like they wrote that and didn't realize what it implied.

Raph convinces April and Casey to help them break into Police headquarters while Mikey munches on Pizza like a moron and keeps saying "Are we doing something?" Nick Mikey is no longer the dumbest incarnation of Michelangelo. So they go and grab Vern to be a distraction as Casey and April go in disguise. Mikey and Raph are climbing through the vents and Raph gets stuck because he is too big (movie don't highlight how big they are that is a source of ridicule from fans and you making a joke about it doesn't land you in there good graces) So comedic moments aside they find that the Foot have beat them there and are stealing the ooze and just make a mad dash out of the building Mikey calls Leo & Don and let them know they are at police headquarters and the foot are stealing the ooze. Mikey and Raph burst out of the vent and chase down the two Foot Ninja and Leo and Don burst through the flipping front door glass (so much for stealth) and the cops come and tell the Turtles to freeze. Here everyone has/should various reactions upon seeing them. But instead it's just one random guy screaming "they're monsters" and Mikey getting sad which would've been more effective to have this scene after establishing Mikey was getting carried away with his involvement with humans. But it doesn't happen so this is just a shallow attempt at character depth. When they get back to the Lair Leo calls Raph out on his crap and how he screwed everything up, which is hypocritical because him lying is the reason this happens in the first place and Splinter doesn't call Leo out on it making him seem like a bigger dick than the actual dick. Oh and Mikey is sad and Splinter consoles him 2 minutes later he is fine and that ends his character arc. No seriously that's it no more Mikey wanting to fit in, he's back to is status quo in this movie as the "dumb one." Donnie tracks down the mutagen in Bebop and Rocksteady and finds out they are in Brazil Don's role in this movie is just to keep the plot rolling and nothing else.

Casey and April are being interrogated at the station by the Chief of police and this scene is almost entirely pointless. Cut to next scene Bebop and Rocksteady are in the Amazon with a freaking tank blarring music and knocking down trees (Again where is the security?) So they find next peice and shoot a shell at it, this somehow doesn't destroy it but whatever next scene. Baxter is talking about how famous he'll be after everything goes according to plan and Shredder glares at him which silences him enjoy it's the only subtle thing in this movie. Turtles are sitting in the cargo bay and Don see's that they are passing over The Foot's plane so they have to jump to it which Raph gets scared about...Ok hold on he might just be afraid of skydiving understandable. Except the movie clarifies he is afraid of "heights" You're telling me all the times he jump from high buildings no problem but now all of a sudden he is afraid? This is just for that dumb window splat joke, Yadda, yadda, yadda the Turtles get inside the plane and see Bebop and Rocksteady. Easter Egg to the red sky and OT. Raph spins Rocksteady around then throws him while Rocksteady screams "Momma" Rocksteady climbs in the tank and shoot it apart miraculously missing the pilots. And who happen to be wearing chutes good for them. The Plane crashes into the river where the rest of the fight continue's this is almost a repeat of the snow scene from the first movie. The Turtles fail to stop Bebop and Rocksteady and go over a waterfall.

Back to the Station Casey and April are still being question after getting nowhere she eventually leaves but not before calling Casey a loser. now here Casey seems like he about to spill his guts on why he is so angry that everyone calls him a loser even his family. No that would've been the right thing to do. Instead Casey pickpockets the Chief's phone and April calls Veron to have him break into TCRI and steal a surveillance footage. The next scene is completely comedic but it's fine it's suppose to give you a break from the action no problems here. Vernon shows the chief the video and she just let's them go. Doesn't even question them anymore about their involvement with the whole thing. The portal opens and the Technodrome begins to form in the sky, here Baxter is betrayed by Shredder and isn't seen for the rest of the movie. Shredder activates his teleporter given to him by Baxter and meets with Krang who betrays him and locks him a cage frozen. And isn't seen for the rest of the movie...Hmm

When we see the Turtles again Don is able to hack into the alien technology and find out it's a war machine named the Technodrome because...Magic? I dunno he can do anything apparently even the cartoons aren't this absurd in leaps of logic. Leo points out that they can't go outside with the cops hunting them and Don brings the purple Ooze back into the equation. Raph and Mikey change their minds about wanting to be humans now, did I miss a scene? When did they change their minds? Whatever let's continue Raph smashes the ooze and the next scene is the Turtles meeting with the entire NYPD. I would think the giant floating war machine in the sky take presidency over 4 mutants you aren't even sure are evil but I digress. The TMNT team up with the Police to stop the Technodrome or more accurately get a lift from them because their cooperation ends there. While Casey, April and Vern go after the beacon keeping the portal open.

The Turtles get to the top and are once again jumping off a really tall building onto a moving object (Raph aren't you afraid of heights?) Caseyh and the rest get to the warehouse where the beacon is located and sneak right- wait what? Oh now there's security? What the hell movie? So Bebop and Rocksteady are doing security and Casey tells Vernon and April to get to the beacon while he distracts them. April and Vern run into Karai (who might as well have been cut entirely) And Karai a high ranking member in the Foot Clan is struggling with two civilians who go down like a sack of potatoes with one hit. Why is she struggling? Just Katana swipe them both and call it a day or never use the damn thing and get thrown against the wall and get knocked unconscious, that works too.

Casey is getting ragged dolled by Bebop and Rocksteady until he locks them into a frigate box and blows them up with a grenade which doesn't beat them they just make a joke like someone farted. The Turtles are fighting Krang and thankfully this isn't as one sided as the first movie Shredder fight was. It is however just as boring and Donnie says the Technodrome will be complete in 90 sec- wait haven't we done this before? Anyway the Turtles disable Krang April and co destroy the Beacon and the movie is over with Krang doing some obvious sequel bating. Cut to nighttime in front of the Statue of liberty the police are awarding the Turtles with keys to the city they make a joke about their last names. And the movie ends with the Turtles sitting on top of the Statue of Liberty. Careful Raph you might fall.

Overall 3/10 still has many narrative problems which what I always look for first in anything but thankfully focuses more on the Turtles this time.

IndigoErth
06-06-2016, 04:47 PM
Spot on, I guess the writers thought turtles evolved from humans as well? Which is actually even dumber because at least rhinos, pigs and humans are all mammals... And it's been proven that turtles evolved long before mammals.

Honestly, why didn't they just mutate a pair of abducted zoo animals instead, wouldn't that have been a far easier and less moronic? I know having them start out as humans made it more accurate to the cartoon but does anyone honestly care about what Bebop and Rocksteady were before their mutation?
Or at the very least get DNA from those animals to lace the mutagen with and Shredder can just be like, "Krang told me how to do this." (Because otherwise "too complicated.")

Turtles and humans... Well, we're all vertebrates, still share much of the same basic body plan, and share ancestors if you go WAYYY back, but, yeah, that's going to require a Delorean (or Renet) to get human DNA into turtles. Not to mention B & R had separate animals in their DNA, so you need to make absolutely certain that you get it into OUR Turtles' exact ancestors.

If a third film happened and delved into that again, a simple enough answer could be that the Turtles were also a little bit of a genetic experiment, since the original mutagen was intended for human use, 'so something something human DNA because reasons'.

ernesth100
06-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Y'know I really did love what they did what this film. I enjoyed it greatly. Which is part of why I'm sad it did so bad but in the end I can get my turtle fix elsewhere. There are still on going comics and old cartoons I havent watched. So yeah, there's that.

TigerClaw
06-06-2016, 11:18 PM
The Sewer Sirens released a new episode reviewing TMNT: Out Of The Shadows, you can listen to it here.
http://sewersirens.podomatic.com/entry/2016-06-05T22_53_09-07_00

Commenter 42
06-06-2016, 11:32 PM
Or at the very least get DNA from those animals to lace the mutagen with and Shredder can just be like, "Krang told me how to do this." (Because otherwise "too complicated.")

Turtles and humans... Well, we're all vertebrates, still share much of the same basic body plan, and share ancestors if you go WAYYY back, but, yeah, that's going to require a Delorean (or Renet) to get human DNA into turtles. Not to mention B & R had separate animals in their DNA, so you need to make absolutely certain that you get it into OUR Turtles' exact ancestors.

If a third film happened and delved into that again, a simple enough answer could be that the Turtles were also a little bit of a genetic experiment, since the original mutagen was intended for human use, 'so something something human DNA because reasons'.

You understand that this is completely ridiculous. Humans do not carry the DNA of Rhinos or Pigs.

TheCanadiandrome
06-06-2016, 11:56 PM
I enjoyed it, it's better than the last movie but it did have some issues.

Shredder and Karia basically doing nothing.
I liked the action but not enough fighting and not enough use of weapons.
Stephen as Casey, he was alright not perfect though.

Yeah agreed, but that technodrome eyeball made me squeal a bit lol :lol:

IndigoErth
06-07-2016, 12:10 AM
You understand that this is completely ridiculous. Humans do not carry the DNA of Rhinos or Pigs.
Gee, you don't say. And nothing in my comment was even about that.

Perhaps my sarcasm was too subtle. I'll try again to make it easy.

Or at the very least get DNA from those animals to lace the mutagen with and Shredder can just be like, "Krang told me how to do this." :roll: (Because otherwise "too complicated.")

Turtles and humans... Well, we're all vertebrates [reference, neatoman: "at least rhinos, pigs and humans are all mammals"], still share much of the same basic body plan, and share ancestors if you go WAYYY back [offer biological connection for reptiles and mammals], but, yeah, that's going to require a Delorean (or Renet) [this is a joke/sarcasm at movie, reference neatoman: "And it's been proven that turtles evolved long before mammals."] [because connection is in the wrong order for human-turtle movie DNA magic] to get human DNA into turtles. Not to mention B & R had separate animals in their DNA [movie reference not intended for real life accuracy as lead-in to further comment, the actual point being made], so you need to make absolutely certain that you get it into OUR Turtles' exact ancestors. [another sarcastic joke, because if humans magically have random animal DNA then so too is it random in other animals; have to make sure they get the human kind - note reference of absurd movie stuff, not intended for real life]

If a third film happened and delved into that again, a simple enough answer could be that the Turtles were also a little bit of a genetic experiment, since the original mutagen was intended for human use, 'so something something human DNA because reasons'. [offer of easy "not too complicated" explanation for film makers that takes mere seconds of screen time to mention]

Autbot_Benz
06-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Just got back from seeing it. I loved it. It totally made up for that crap from 2014.

Loved the end credits with the theme song.

TheSkeletonMan939
06-07-2016, 05:00 PM
It totally made up for that crap from 2014.

Didn't your sig used to say you were a "proud fan of the 2014 film"?

Autbot_Benz
06-07-2016, 05:02 PM
Didn't your sig used to say you were a "proud fan of the 2014 film"?

yes it did I Denounced that proud fan after seeing this movie :lol:

TheSkeletonMan939
06-07-2016, 05:06 PM
Well, it's good you recognize its shortcomings. There are some people here that will defend the 2014 movie to the death. :P

I'm a fan of the 2007 film, which for some reason no one else seems to really like, but I certainly recognize its fallacies.

Technogeek29
06-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Well, it's good you recognize its shortcomings. There are some people here that will defend the 2014 movie to the death. :P

I'm a fan of the 2007 film, which for some reason no one else seems to really like, but I certainly recognize its fallacies.

I liked 2k7.

Autbot_Benz
06-07-2016, 05:13 PM

ya the only things I liked from 2014 was splinter/shredder fight and splinter's opening monolouge. Other than that its a mess. I just wish Shredder fought in this movie.

LeotheLateBloomer
06-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Whew, I just got back and saw Out of the Shadows. I am incredibly dumbfounded how these same writers made a legitamite TMNT film. The same writers who did that garbage excuse for a TMNT film. How is this possible?!

This film literally gave me some elements I wanted from the last one; heart, conflict between the brothers (all of the brothers, not just Leo and Raph), working as a team. It's not the TMNT film that I want (either a Mirage or IDW inspired film series or a darker take) but my fellow haters of the 2014 film, this movie is actually better than the last one by far. It's still not a great movie and it's hard to say if it's literally good but it gets the hint that there is a lot you can do with this property.

I'll get into more in depth of what I liked and didn't like. But the guy on here who saw this film early was not lying. This is literally trying to be a serious action film. Think Fast and Furious but with Turtles.

sdp
06-07-2016, 09:28 PM
So is this the review thread? I just saw it today and I liked it.

It wasn't as fun as the first trailer made it out to be though. I think it's both better and worse than the first movie. The first movie had plenty of problems however it also had some very strong character moments which I loved and redeemed the movie in my eyes. Here you never get a scene like say the elevator segment in the first movie. I also think this movie is aimed at a younger audience, I can't put my finger on what exactly but overall I felt more like I was watching a kids CG movie than say the first film so yeah it kind of felt "bland" at times which is my main complain.

Talking about characters I still like Fox as April and love Vernon. Wish we had gotten more Splinter. I was beginning to think I wouldn't like this version of Casey Jones after his "origin" but I ended up liking him. Rocksteady and Beebop were pretty good, they definitely had more potential but they were handled well. I liked the police chief and she could make an interesting character. Kraang was interesting but didn't like his voice and he could be way over the top. The foot were awesome. Karai was useless, why recast her if she did absolutely nothing? Shredder was also a bit pointless for the most part, I see no reason why he was recasted if he was going to have such a small role. Him getting frozen by Krang totally weakened the villain for the rest of the series though. No Thompson? What a waste.

Technogeek29
06-07-2016, 09:43 PM
So is this the review thread? I just saw it today and I liked it.

It wasn't as fun as the first trailer made it out to be though. I think it's both better and worse than the first movie. The first movie had plenty of problems however it also had some very strong character moments which I loved and redeemed the movie in my eyes. Here you never get a scene like say the elevator segment in the first movie. I also think this movie is aimed at a younger audience, I can't put my finger on what exactly but overall I felt more like I was watching a kids CG movie than say the first film so yeah it kind of felt "bland" at times which is my main complain.

Talking about characters I still like Fox as April and love Vernon. Wish we had gotten more Splinter. I was beginning to think I wouldn't like this version of Casey Jones after his "origin" but I ended up liking him. Rocksteady and Beebop were pretty good, they definitely had more potential but they were handled well. I liked the police chief and she could make an interesting character. Kraang was interesting but didn't like his voice and he could be way over the top. The foot were awesome. Karai was useless, why recast her if she did absolutely nothing? Shredder was also a bit pointless for the most part, I see no reason why he was recasted if he was going to have such a small role. Him getting frozen by Krang totally weakened the villain for the rest of the series though. No Thompson? What a waste.

I put my review here will probably repost later when actual review section is back up.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
06-07-2016, 10:23 PM
I personally did not like the movie. I found Bebop and Rocksteady to be the most redeemable part of it but I just thought it relied on too many cliches such as "We've got company" and "Say hello to my little friend". I also thought it made no sense that Casey was supposedly a cop in this one but yet they still had to sneak in to the police hq??? I also didn't like the further objectification of April with the whole Catholic school girl thing at the start of the film. I also didn't like the whole "We're not freaks" thing to just be pushing a little bit of an agenda and I'm so sick of everything these days trying to make a "statement" or whatever. I'm not trying to be mean but sometimes I'd like to just be entertained and not feel like I'm being preached to. I respect everyone's opinion that did like it but it just didn't do it for me. I don't think it makes you any more or less of a fan whether you like it or whether you don't. When it's all said and done we're all TMNT fans and have great love for the franchise and that's all that really matters.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
06-07-2016, 10:49 PM

I like the 07 film. I still have a poster from it hanging on my wall. Honestly I wish they would have made a sequel to it. I thought it was the second best portrayal of the Leo/Raph sibling rivalry on film. I know it wasn't perfect but I liked it better than the last 2 movies and probably better than Turtles in Time. The original TMNT is still my favorite by a country mile though.

OrangeNinja1987
06-07-2016, 10:52 PM
I really liked this movie. I thought it was stronger than the first in so many ways. Both are summer action movies, but OotS has better action, character moments, and humor. It doesn't try to be dour all the time.
Some of the jokes were legitimately funny. I didn't like Bebop and Rocksteady at all, which is sad because they can be entertaining in other versions. The character moments were great; all I wanted was to see in the last movie was the characters act how they're supposed to and have that be a focus point of the film. This time, the turtles are the turtles the whole time.
The credits theme was miles better than the first's. Better than a confusing rap is a new rendition of the classic theme. It sounds great, I just wished they'd added in the little remarks like "That's a fact, Jack!" and "Gimme a break!" from the new voices.
The CGI isn't as good as in, say, a movie like Civil War, but it passes for me. Most of the time I wasn't thinking "I'm looking at a CGI turtle", rather than "I'm looking at a Ninja Turtle." The worst CGI, I'd say is with Krang. Something about him felt...off. I didn't like how he swung around outside of his suit, either.
Of course, the plot is a bit weird and nonsensical. Krang comes out of no where and it baffles me why Karai had to be recast. Couldn't Shredder just have a tiny fight scene? I mean, come on!
But for me, personally, it's a solid 7.5/10. Considering it as a cheesy, Ninja Turtle action movie, it actually came out really well.

hitmonkey
06-07-2016, 11:50 PM
I took my 5-year-old daughter and she had an absolute blast. So in that regard, I loved the movie. Is it what I would have wanted for me? Definitely not, but I had a lot fun watching her love the movie and I'll definitely be picking up the Blu Ray for her.

Garfield
06-08-2016, 11:18 AM
Yeah. I quite enjoyed it. It was fun.

TigerClaw
06-08-2016, 01:43 PM
The guys from IGN's Up At Noon totally get TMNT.

yQFzeuxBzs8

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
06-08-2016, 02:10 PM
I want to say that I'm not a part of the TMNT fanbase that likes them AND that thinks that the brand is stupid conceptually speaking.

TigerClaw
06-08-2016, 02:13 PM
I want to say that I'm not a part of the TMNT fanbase that likes them AND that thinks that the brand is stupid conceptually speaking.
True, we like them cause we can relate to them.

Leolead
06-08-2016, 02:21 PM
Should've made the votes public

IndigoErth
06-08-2016, 02:23 PM
Well if you want to know, I haven't voted.

I need a "pro-Turtles but meh other stuff" option. :trazz:

Andrew NDB
06-08-2016, 02:41 PM
Should've made the votes public

Yes... the results are a bit suspect.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-08-2016, 02:58 PM
57 people like this movie? Hell, we barely have 57 active members on the 'Drome on any given day.

Fascinating.

Etsyturtle2
06-08-2016, 03:03 PM
57 people like this movie? Hell, we barely have 57 active members on the 'Drome on any given day.

Fascinating.

We have 31 active members right now. So, in the time this poll has been open, 57 could have voted.

Andrew NDB
06-08-2016, 03:05 PM

Fascinating.

I have one theory...

http://cookinginplaingreek.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Happy-plants.jpg

samxsteal
06-08-2016, 04:02 PM

Fascinating.

You know what's sad is before all the fighting and the people belittling others with constant photos and rude comments this place had over 100 active users when the last movie was release hmmmmmm. I wonder what happened to those users. I can attest for at least 20 of them.

Leolead
06-08-2016, 04:03 PM
We have 31 active members right now. So, in the time this poll has been open, 57 could have voted.
Where did the other 26 come from?

Etsyturtle2
06-08-2016, 04:22 PM
Where did the other 26 come from?

Over the span of time this poll has been open, the other 26 could have logged on at various times and cast their vote.

Andrew NDB
06-08-2016, 04:27 PM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/pinkpanther/images/e/e8/Pinkpanthersellers.jpg

Leolead
06-08-2016, 04:32 PM
Over the span of time this poll has been open, the other 26 could have logged on at various times and cast their vote.
...And then disappear. Never to be seen again. :p

TrickOrTreater
06-08-2016, 04:39 PM
I mean, joking aside, we know Viacom watches this site in some capacity. It'd be the easiest thing in the world for Paramount, Nick, Platinum Dunes, etc to hire folks and just post here before a movie's release.

It takes no effort and very little money.

I wish I could see a graph with correlating accounts created and activity from around late 2013/early 2014 to around early 2015.

Those numbers would be FASCINATING to look at I bet.

Andrew NDB
06-08-2016, 04:43 PM
I mean, joking aside, we know Viacom watches this site in some capacity. It'd be the easiest thing in the world for Paramount, Nick, Platinum Dunes, etc to hire folks and just post here before a movie's release.

I wish I could see a graph with correlating accounts created and activity from around late 2013/early 2014 to around early 2015.

It happens every time (even in 2007), and on other movie sites I've seen. It's just one of those things. You know, you pay a third party place (they're out there) and they read a Wiki on the franchise, then go around making buttered up reviews on forums trying to sway people and spreading puff piece videos that marketing hands down to them. It's almost dumb not to in this day and age and rather affordable, but that doesn't mean people need to heed them.

Etsyturtle2
06-08-2016, 05:11 PM

Like Traximus.

pdizzle
06-08-2016, 05:19 PM

I came in late 2013. Fascinating. I guess im a plant and didnt even know it. Smh Andrew was right all along...

Technogeek29
06-08-2016, 05:23 PM
I came in late 2013. Fascinating. I guess im a plant and didnt even know it. Smh Andrew was right all along...

Aw Pidizzle if you're a plant, I'm the farmer who slowly plants more seeds for which they can flourish.

pdizzle
06-08-2016, 05:26 PM
Aw Pidizzle if you're a plant, I'm the farmer who slowly plants more seeds for which they can flourish.

:lol::lol:

CharmedSerenity
06-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Yes, I did now I finally saw it, ^^

Kind of wondering if we'll ever see Leatherhead (why not as he's appeared in virtually every other take on the franchise) and Irma Langinstein in film number 3 (if we get one).

slingtheory
06-08-2016, 05:49 PM

yQFzeuxBzs8

Watched this against my better judgement because 2 years ago I didn't agree with these guys p.o.v. at all nice to see nothings changed. I'll never be one of those people who subscribes to the idea that tmnt was always stupid. No more stupid than any other comic property anyway. You mean to tell me it's OK to give solar powered aliens and all the rest of these guys serious treatment but when it comes to mutants who know martial arts that's where we draw the line. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's all stupid. Don't get me wrong I love it all and have since I was a kid but I'm not blind to the fact that if you dissect any comic book it's all dumb by the standards of reality. Yet when most of these characters have bad movies made starring them people don't brush it off with "what do you expect it was always ridiculous ":trolleye:. Go figure

TrickOrTreater
06-08-2016, 05:54 PM
There are no comic book characters that AREN'T silly when stripped down to bare basics.

Batman is literally about a billionaire orphan who dresses up as a giant bat and punches criminals at night.

At it's core, that's what it is.

Billion dollar, Oscar-winning franchises.

Batman is no more or less silly than Ninja Turtles. They started out as fairly serious comics, went to tv and became a biiiig joke, but only Batman was able to break out of that silly, campy mold.

Very interesting.

thundermaster612
06-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Yes, I did now I finally saw it, ^^

Kind of wondering if we'll ever see Leatherhead (why not as he's appeared in virtually every other take on the franchise) and Irma Langinstein in film number 3 (if we get one).

I'd like Leatherhead, Irma could be the new Taylor except she isn't a dumbass

Powder
06-08-2016, 06:11 PM

That's literally what they did. & a bunch of them were dupes. Hostile, ignorant dupes. Fellowchucker was behind several. I don't remember most of the names, but they targeted me a lot. :tlol:

IndigoErth
06-08-2016, 06:39 PM
Plants could at least also take notes while they're at it. If I've got to do the job of two or three people at work, they can sit on their butts on here and take a few notes for the writing/production staff of what worked or didn't, on the off chance a third film is considered.

samxsteal
06-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Plants could at least also take notes while they're at it. If I've got to do the job of two or three people at work, they can sit on their butts on here and take a few notes for the writing/production staff of what worked or didn't, on the off chance a third film is considered.

You don't really believe these jerks about the whole plant thing do you...... guh you're better then that.

Bry
06-08-2016, 08:30 PM
You don't really believe these jerks about the whole plant thing do you...... guh you're better then that.

...yyyeah, except it's a real thing that happens all the time. Like, confirmed. The Chicago Tribune wrote an article about it in 2002 (http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2002-10-04/features/0210040130_1_messages-web-sites-movie-fans), for crying out loud. And it's not like Internet marketing has decreased over time, either. It'd be more surprising if there weren't studio plants here, or on any given fan site.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-08-2016, 08:39 PM

Some of the people on here absolutely are plants. They're easy to sniff out... they only post related to the movies and never anything personal.

But I'm not calling everyone who likes the movie a plant. A lot of legit fans on here do like it. I vehemently disagree with their taste and belief that this franchise is a GOOD thing, but you are actually real people.

And yet... there are some leafy people on here. And they ain't anywhere near as sexy as Pamela Isley.

ranger_scout
06-08-2016, 08:57 PM
The movie was a fun summer popcorn flick. I really liked how it focused on the four brothers. The actors did bring some layers to the characters.

TrickOrTreater
06-08-2016, 09:07 PM
Some of the people on here absolutely are plants. They're easy to sniff out... they only post related to the movies and never anything personal.

But I'm not calling everyone who likes the movie a plant. A lot of legit fans on here do like it. I vehemently disagree with their taste and belief that this franchise is a GOOD thing, but you are actually real people.

And yet... there are some leafy people on here. And they ain't anywhere near as sexy as Pamela Isley.

The movie was a fun summer popcorn flick. I really liked how it focused on the four brothers. The actors did bring some layers to the characters.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xGocUH8RYoDKKs/giphy.gif

Bry
06-08-2016, 09:09 PM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/12dA9Gei6U4in6/giphy.gif

IndigoErth
06-08-2016, 09:24 PM
I don't even know anymore. Wouldn't be surprised that it may well happen, companies use plenty of people to represent them in ways online after all. And not always through good methods. Though to what extent in reality... *shrug* It's become a tired argument and I don't really care.

It's not like some paid cheerleader for PD is ever going to change any opinions of the fanbase on their home turf anyhow, they're better off working social media.

TrickOrTreater
06-08-2016, 09:30 PM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/12dA9Gei6U4in6/giphy.gif

That was just absolutely perfect timing.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
06-08-2016, 09:35 PM
There are no comic book characters that AREN'T silly when stripped down to bare basics.

Batman is literally about a billionaire orphan who dresses up as a giant bat and punches criminals at night.

Batman is no more or less silly than Ninja Turtles. They started out as fairly serious comics, went to tv and became a biiiig joke, but only Batman was able to break out of that silly, campy mold.

Very interesting.
Alan Moore basically stated this way of thinking by creating Watchmen.

Coola Yagami
06-09-2016, 12:41 AM
Well seeing as some of the people behind the IDW comics and the creator of the Nick show have posted here on occasion is it really that farfetched to believe we have some plants here? Several of them post praising the movie absolutely blindly and then just vanish from the forum afterwards.

Commenter 42
06-09-2016, 02:01 AM
Gee, you don't say. And nothing in my comment was even about that.

Perhaps my sarcasm was too subtle. I'll try again to make it easy.

Apologies, clearly I was skimming.

Hard to know who believes what these days, especially when something this stupid makes its way into a mainstream film.

Then again, it's from the same mind that gave us robo-heaven...

samxsteal
06-09-2016, 05:36 AM
...yyyeah, except it's a real thing that happens all the time. Like, confirmed. The Chicago Tribune wrote an article about it in 2002 (http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2002-10-04/features/0210040130_1_messages-web-sites-movie-fans), for crying out loud. And it's not like Internet marketing has decreased over time, either. It'd be more surprising if there weren't studio plants here, or on any given fan site.
2002 was a different time the internet is a different landscape. People mentalities alone make this kind of "marketing" next to impossible case in point t these forums. sure you have e things like facebook and all other social networking sites for that kind off marketing

Bull **** dude I'd eat my left shoe if anyone was actually getting paid on this site by the production. I'm not saying there aren't users tied to this franchise (Viacoms whole market) there definitely are. But I seriously doubt that any of the supporters are actually plNt I have talk and discussed t his ko on and of this site with next to 20 user who Bollinger post of here. None of those people were or are plants.

I don't even know anymore. Wouldn't be surprised that it may well happen, companies use plenty of people to represent them in ways online after all. And not always through good methods. Though to what extent in reality... *shrug* It's become a tired argument and I don't really care.

It's not like some paid cheerleader for PD is ever going to change any opinions of the fanbase on their home turf anyhow, they're better off working social media.
Thats the thing like I said up top there are so many other legitimate means to market movies. Yeah sure back I. They day that might have been a good marketing tactic but not In This day and age.
Well seeing as some of the people behind the IDW comics and the creator of the Nick show have posted here on occasion is it really that farfetched to believe we have some plants here? Several of them post praising the movie absolutely blindly and then just vanish from the forum afterwards.
No people vanished because they thought this place was toxic and it was anyone who says other wise is blind or in denial. Several of those users were kids who got bullied into leaving bullied into lashing out then being banned. I remember when a user told a kid that he was so stupid that he shouldnt even know how to breath I'm sorry that's ****ed up. And then people start calling people plants and saying see i told you they would disappear after this movie release. Well nah duh when you treat people like dirt, who expects them to stay and deal with it lol.

Technogeek29
06-09-2016, 05:52 AM
You've never met Traxximus. I usually just laugh the plant thing off as a joke but I wouldn't be surprise if he was one.

Bry
06-09-2016, 06:00 AM
That was just absolutely perfect timing.

Happy accident? :tlol:

2002 was a different time the internet is a different landscape. People mentalities alone make this kind of "marketing" next to impossible case in point t these forums. sure you have e things like facebook and all other social networking sites for that kind off marketing

I really think you're trying to confirm your own bias here. 2002 was a different time, sure, but marketing via the Internet has only become way more prevalent in daily life since then. If anything, this sort of viral marketing has only increased. It's a cheap way to promote a movie -- getting a bunch of studio-hired freelancers to talk it up all over the place online is pennies in the bucket compared to a typical studio marketing budget. Thinking it doesn't happen is pretty naive, IMO.

samxsteal
06-09-2016, 06:10 AM
Happy accident? :tlol:

I really think you're trying to confirm your own bias here. 2002 was a different time, sure, but marketing via the Internet has only become way more prevalent in daily life since then. If anything, this sort of viral marketing has only increased. It's a cheap way to promote a movie -- getting a bunch of studio-hired freelancers to talk it up all over the place online is pennies in the bucket compared to a typical studio marketing budget. Thinking it doesn't happen is pretty naive, IMO.

Oh I'm notnaYi g it doesn't happen I'm saying these people aren't going to waste time on a forum. Like this. When you have Facebook Instagram Snapchat MySpace(who still uses this) tumblr, flicker, etc etc all with much higher user bases, who h makes it much eaaier to "reach" a larger audience. Some one said it in this or another thread 56 votes who are the other 30 something people. On average this site has at most about 20-30 users. What is "reaching" that many going to do in The long run? lol absolutely nothing.

Sure if it make you feel more relevant to think the studio will waste it's time and money to talk to a brick wall then go ahead. I'm just saying it's not likely. Maybe back in 2002

Shark_Blade
06-09-2016, 06:25 AM
Samxsteel made a good point. Most users online in this forum is only 3,486 people and that's in 30th Nov 2015. In normal days it's like 22 people online excluding guests. Very few.

I made a tumblr post and it can reach up to 35,000. Others can reach people to the millions.

Andrew NDB
06-09-2016, 11:03 AM
What a wonderful day it is. Let's look outside.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/220/505341740_f021f33d53_b.jpg

Here's one way to look at it. Let's say you've never joined The Technodrome forums, ever. Not when the 2003 cartoon came out, or the 2007 movie, or any kind of random "I just feel like joining a Ninja Turtle message board and talking Turtles" hair-up-the-ass moment. It's possible, I guess. Why, though, would the first and pretty much only thing you do upon seeing previews for TMNT 2014 or OotS, is come to The Technodrome forums for the sole purpose of just making very brief, casual but passionate "This movie is gonna be soooooo coooool!!!" posts, getting into active arguments with anyone not seeing it as Citizen Kane? I mean, I'm trying to put myself into the mind of your cliche "casual TMNT fan" that's only ever seen the cartoon 20 years ago and nothing since... I just don't see that being "the thing to do."

Y'know, unless you're...

http://www.marveldirectory.com/pictures/individuals/p_1d/plantman.jpg

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-09-2016, 12:02 PM
Here's one way to look at it. Let's say you've never joined The Technodrome forums, ever. Not when the 2003 cartoon came out, or the 2007 movie, or any kind of random "I just feel like joining a Ninja Turtle message board and talking Turtles" hair-up-the-ass moment. It's possible, I guess. Why, though, would the first and pretty much only thing you do upon seeing previews for TMNT 2014 or OotS, is come to The Technodrome forums for the sole purpose of just making very brief, casual but passionate "This movie is gonna be soooooo coooool!!!" posts, getting into active arguments with anyone not seeing it as Citizen Kane? I mean, I'm trying to put myself into the mind of your cliche "casual TMNT fan" that's only ever seen the cartoon 20 years ago and nothing since... I just don't see that being "the thing to do."

This. Like I already said, plenty of people (sigh) enjoy this movie. But nobody comes onto the Technodrome to discuss only the new movies. It's not a thing, it's not ever gonna be a thing.

Nobody who likes Turtles will honestly say that this is their favorite version of TMNT. Even if you love it, you won't say it... there's so much more extensive TMNT media to consume out there.

Real casual people who like the movie talk about the movie, the current Nick cartoon and its merch, and probably wax nostalgic over the Fred Wolf cartoon.

ANDREW: Please change your custom rank to Senator McCarthy or Gardener or something to reflect your current status. :tlol:

Bull **** dude I'd eat my left shoe if anyone was actually getting paid on this site by the production. I'm not saying there aren't users tied to this franchise (Viacoms whole market) there definitely are. But I seriously doubt that any of the supporters are actually plNt I have talk and discussed t his ko on and of this site with next to 20 user who Bollinger post of here. None of those people were or are plants.

Enjoy that shoe, my man...

TigerClaw
06-09-2016, 12:06 PM
Noel, Pete and Jeremy are doing a live interview on Facebook Live Right Now!
https://www.facebook.com/moviepilotvideo/videos/vb.809188165796991/992579547457851/?type=2&theater

Bry
06-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Samxsteel made a good point. Most users online in this forum is only 3,486 people and that's in 30th Nov 2015. In normal days it's like 22 people online excluding guests. Very few.

I made a tumblr post and can reach up to 35,000. Others can reach people to the millions.

If someone's paid to "play" a fan online to talk up a movie, it stands to reason they're not going to stick to one or two platforms. They'd likely focus on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc, first and foremost, but fan sites would absolutely be on their radar. They'd want to hit as many targets as possible, and it only takes a minute or two to leave a post on a forum.

Andrew NDB
06-09-2016, 12:22 PM
ANDREW: Please change your custom rank to Senator McCarthy or Gardener or something to reflect your current status. :tlol:

All right.

IndigoErth
06-09-2016, 12:34 PM
Noel, Pete and Jeremy are doing a live interview on Facebook Live Right Now!
https://www.facebook.com/moviepilotvideo/videos/vb.809188165796991/992579547457851/?type=2&theater
Could have been longer, and video feed was super laggy for me, but fun seeing them on there. Such a missed opportunity to not have had them on our morning talk shows...

thundermaster612
06-09-2016, 12:47 PM
I will try to make the poll completely public if possible. If I cant then can a mod do it for me or is that also not possible
(EDIT: call a mod guys)

Galactus
06-09-2016, 12:57 PM

Very interesting.

Batman is also a parody of The Shadow. In the sense that it's a piece of work that references another. He's basically the Shadow in a silly costume which is what the Shadow's creator thought.

Relatively speaking TMNT is less of a parody than Batman originally was but But no one makes the case anymore that Batman isn't to be taken with a degree if seriousness.

Technogeek29
06-09-2016, 02:25 PM

Y'know, unless you're...

But don't you see Andrew? I'm more than just your average plant. Engineered by Hollywood's finest, crafted to be the ultimate being. I am a Super Fighting Robot.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/megaman/images/0/0d/Plantman.png/revision/latest?cb=20100930005809

TigerClaw
06-09-2016, 04:57 PM
Andre is gonna be recording his TMNT 2 spoiler review, and is asking people what scene or element they would like him to talk about.
https://twitter.com/BlackNerd/status/741029455892619265

Powder
06-09-2016, 08:30 PM
Whichever one that will prompt critical comments that present him as anything other than a shill.

Andrew NDB
06-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Whichever one that will prompt critical comments that present him as anything other than a shill.

This. Absolutely this.

Sighphi
06-10-2016, 01:28 PM
Best comic book movie this year.

Andrew NDB
06-10-2016, 01:42 PM

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-XO7_2RmGT2c/VjVSl7cSTII/AAAAAAAAAbs/tlDAJxZ4XwU/w500-h291/guardians-curiousgroot.gif

Sighphi
06-10-2016, 02:14 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-XO7_2RmGT2c/VjVSl7cSTII/AAAAAAAAAbs/tlDAJxZ4XwU/w500-h291/guardians-curiousgroot.gif

It's the comic book movie this year had the least amount of scenes that were boring and most of the story, yes it's true, actually made sense.

CW had zemo doing stuff off screen and the spider intro was a tremendous brick wall halting the movie to a complete stop.

BvS had the incomplete Africa scene that made that storyline weird plus every time Lex was on screen.... my gaawwwwd.

Seriously, the story of this movie actually was the most fine tuned story between these three films. Yeah, it was simple because it was kiddie but the story flowed and stayed on course.

TrickOrTreater
06-10-2016, 03:01 PM

It's the comic book movie this year had the least amount of scenes that were boring and most of the story, yes it's true, actually made sense.

CW had zemo doing stuff off screen and the spider intro was a tremendous brick wall halting the movie to a complete stop.

BvS had the incomplete Africa scene that made that storyline weird plus every time Lex was on screen.... my gaawwwwd.

Seriously, the story of this movie actually was the most fine tuned story between these three films. Yeah, it was simple because it was kiddie but the story flowed and stayed on course.

http://i.imgur.com/lT9LoM4.gif

MrTMNT2012
06-10-2016, 03:09 PM

Agreed completely. :tsmile:

TurtleTitan97
06-10-2016, 03:14 PM

Good grief. :roll:

Technogeek29
06-10-2016, 03:27 PM

Seriously never go into writing. After college English I can not believe people are paid to write this.

Vicky82
06-10-2016, 03:35 PM
Even though I did enjoy TMNT 2 it's not the best comic book movie this year.

So far it's

1. Deadpool
2. Civil War
3. TMNT 2
4. X-Men
5. Batman Vs Superman

pdizzle
06-10-2016, 04:29 PM

Y'know, unless you're...

Theres a very simple answer to this, you just have to remove that hair from your a$$ long enough to see the other sides of life. And again while i probably wont be speaking for a majority I will speak from expeirence. So for me I wasnt heavy into the Internet back in 2003 other than to download music or what have you, nor was I even into the 2003 show untill it had been on for about four seaons then i started getting the dvds and found myself with a new love for the franchise that i didnt even know existed, and because of the maturity of the show i looked further into the turtle universe and found the comics and it completely exploded from there. I was more hooked on turtles then ever before. I had heard someone talk about the new movie coming out in 2007 i wanted to find out as much about it as possible wich lead me here. Ive been creeping these forums as a guest for as long as i can remember when i really first started to use the internet, which even my introduction post says the same, but never really been into forums or had any reason to become a memeber back then, as I only used the internet very minialy and mostly only used the internet at my local library. As time went on had my own internet and heard a new movie was finaly coming to light, and hence a reason to finaly just take the leap and become a member instead of lurking.

Anyway, im sure there are a million reasons that could answer your question with legitimate cause, but since no one else has given a reason that suits your taste, thought id shed a little light, that is if you can remove all the plant images from your own window long enough to see it.

Sighphi
06-10-2016, 06:24 PM
Seriously never go into writing. After college English I can not believe people are paid to write this.

I didnt get paid for this.
I did completely hate the first movie and you can check my history to see my posting on the first flick.

It could be that i toned down my expectations of this movie which is why i ended up liking it.

Even though I did enjoy TMNT 2 it's not the best comic book movie this year.

So far it's

1. Deadpool
2. Civil War
3. TMNT 2
4. X-Men
5. Batman Vs Superman

My problem with DP is that the trailers spoiled 90% of the actions scenes in the movie. Minus some of the stuff at the end, i already saw all the action scenes so i was just waiting there for those parts to end because i already saw it.

I didnt find the jokes funny at all, it was very generic stuff. The one thing i did like was the romance part where DP gets to know his girl. So when i came out of the DP movie and the best part of it for me was the romance..... the movie kinda failed for me. I guess i shouldn't have seen as many of the trailers as i did but i wanted to see if they actually caught the spirit of the comic.

I heard that the YT channel for the turtles has pretty much a third of the movie? I never checked it out. I only saw the first two trailers and a few commercials on tv. So most of what i saw was new.

TrickOrTreater
06-10-2016, 10:42 PM
I did completely hate the first movie and you can check my history to see my posting on the first flick.

It could be that i toned down my expectations of this movie which is why i ended up liking it.

My problem with DP is that the trailers spoiled 90% of the actions scenes in the movie. Minus some of the stuff at the end, i already saw all the action scenes so i was just waiting there for those parts to end because i already saw it.

I didnt find the jokes funny at all, it was very generic stuff. The one thing i did like was the romance part where DP gets to know his girl. So when i came out of the DP movie and the best part of it for me was the romance..... the movie kinda failed for me. I guess i shouldn't have seen as many of the trailers as i did but i wanted to see if they actually caught the spirit of the comic.

I heard that the YT channel for the turtles has pretty much a third of the movie? I never checked it out. I only saw the first two trailers and a few commercials on tv. So most of what i saw was new.

Oh so it's your fault the movie didn't work for you, not the movie's.

As well, BayTurtles 2 had upwards of, what, 50 tv spots?

Yeah.

That you didn't avoid Deadpool's marketing as much as you did BayTurtles' isn't the movie's fault.

ranger_scout
06-11-2016, 11:50 AM
I went back to see Out of the Shadows yesterday. Last time I saw the film, it was in IMAX 3D and so seeing it this time in 2D was a completely different experience. This time I could see some of the movie's flaws during the screening. I still had fun and if you were a fan of the original series you will be satisfied.

TigerClaw
06-11-2016, 12:35 PM
Andre's Spoiler review will be posted sometime today.
https://twitter.com/BlackNerd/status/741689126672470016

ToTheNines
06-11-2016, 12:47 PM

yQFzeuxBzs8

I came across this video and remembered you shared it. And straight up, sincerely, fu*k you TigerClaw. Seriously, shame on you.

Not only did they immediately invoke Chrisler's Law, but they kept harping on how dumb TMNT in general is. That's bull ****. They're not fans.

The dullard on the right even compared making TMNT movies to POLISHING A TURD. His words.

Sighphi
06-11-2016, 01:35 PM
Oh so it's your fault the movie didn't work for you, not the movie's.

As well, BayTurtles 2 had upwards of, what, 50 tv spots?

Yeah.

That you didn't avoid Deadpool's marketing as much as you did BayTurtles' isn't the movie's fault.

Well, if we are going to start laying blame on something it would be the marketing.

The marketing is supposed to sell the movie no matter how many people see.

People should not be actively trying to avoid the marketing so they can end up enjoying the movie.

Marketing should reach a balance where they show enough. Recently they have been going overboard with what they show.

TigerClaw
06-11-2016, 01:47 PM
Here is Andre's Spoiler Review.

H4MUNh5ibMs

I got mention on this too. :tgrin:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CksnjgxUoAAp7IP.jpg:small

Technogeek29
06-11-2016, 04:26 PM

No I mean't people in Hollywood get paid to write this garbage. or Underpaid but that's a whole new can of worms I don't feel like discussing.

Andrew NDB
06-11-2016, 08:26 PM
I went back to see Out of the Shadows yesterday. Last time I saw the film, it was in IMAX 3D and so seeing it this time in 2D was a completely different experience. This time I could see some of the movie's flaws during the screening. I still had fun and if you were a fan of the original series you will be satisfied.

Something new is happening...

http://www.arctic.uoguelph.ca/cpl/organisms/plants/biology/images/evolution_of_plants.jpg

TigerClaw
06-12-2016, 04:30 PM
Managed to grab one of these posters at the theater today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkyIAFtUkAA2ibt.jpg:small

IndigoErth
06-12-2016, 05:31 PM
Lucky, I do kinda like that poster. What theater was it from and were they just laying somewhere for the taking?

Never saw anything at mine. May be seeing a different movie tomorrow, maybe I'll look around.

The mass of white space could have used a little something, such a faint symbol, maybe the kanji symbol they used last time as a family on there just small and lightly, but otherwise I like it. Would look real nice with signatures.

TigerClaw
06-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Lucky, I do kinda like that poster. What theater was it from and were they just laying somewhere for the taking?

Never saw anything at mine. May be seeing a different movie tomorrow, maybe I'll look around.

The mass of white space could have used a little something, such a faint symbol, maybe the kanji symbol they used last time as a family on there just small and lightly, but otherwise I like it. Would look real nice with signatures.
It was at the Muvico, and they were just at a table, and there for the taking, I grabbed one when I came in, and good thing too, cause after coming out of Warcraft, those posters were gone.

TigerClaw
06-16-2016, 01:14 PM
Xavier Woods teams up with Sheamus to play TMNT 4: Turtles in Time on the SNES, and talking about TMNT: Out Of The Shadows.

uYBGF70Vzsg

RETTEB SNATAS
06-17-2016, 01:17 AM
And it was fun.

Your misfortune is not ours my friend.

Then for what it is, it did it's job.

Couldn't of said it better myself. It was A LOT of fun. From start to finish. It brought back an excitement for these characters I haven't experienced in decades. THAT was its purpose and for me it served it well. For anyone that didn't get that reaction? .. that's not my problem. Nor do you or I have to defend or prove anything at all.

I came across this video and remembered you shared it. And straight up, sincerely,fu*k you Tigerclaw. Seriously, shame on you.

Not only did they immediately invoke Chrisler's Law, but they kept harping on how dumb TMNT in general is. That's bull ****. They're not fans.

The dullard on the right even compared making TMNT movies to POLISHING A TURD. His words.

You can kindly FU*K yourself! Please do 100 times. Sincerely.. like straight up yo dog

ToTheNines
06-17-2016, 04:05 AM
It's over. You lost. Leave. Get the **** outta here and go pimp some other stupid crap like The Last Knight.

Here, I'll save you a minute: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/

Candy Kappa
06-17-2016, 07:14 AM
This movie was so flawed, so badly written with terrible characterizations and creature design.

But worst of all, it was boring to watch. What a snoozefest of a movie.

killerkobra
06-21-2016, 04:32 PM
I voted Yes simply due to that fact that I "liked" it way better than the 2014 one.

As far as the turtleverse goes, it was terrible. For every slight improvement they made 30 seconds later they ruined something else.

Andrew NDB
06-21-2016, 04:36 PM
Couldn't of said it better myself. It was A LOT of fun. From start to finish. It brought back an excitement for these characters I haven't experienced in decades. THAT was its purpose and for me it served it well. For anyone that didn't get that reaction? .. that's not my problem. Nor do you or I have to defend or prove anything at all.

You can kindly FU*K yourself! Please do 100 times. Sincerely.. like straight up yo dog

This post reminds me of a study I read not too long ago. Here, have a gander:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/botany/plants-feel-pain.htm

Coola Yagami
06-21-2016, 09:36 PM
Managed to grab one of these posters at the theater today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkyIAFtUkAA2ibt.jpg:small

lmao... Leo with pants on.... just.... lol. Stupid, stupid designs.

turtle1237
06-22-2016, 04:49 AM
It was better than the first movie. I enjoy it overall. Not perfect, lots of flaws, and the turtles almost became batman in the end. I almost expected a big turtle symbol in the sky when the forces of evil rise again lol.

But than again, its not hard to surpass the first Bay film.

thundermaster612
06-22-2016, 07:32 AM
lmao... Leo with pants on.... just.... lol. Stupid, stupid designs.

Did you really only now realize that? gosh, I didn't know people were so Clueless...

IndigoErth
06-22-2016, 01:30 PM
To each their own, I happen to like his pants, thank you. :P

Lucky
06-25-2016, 07:38 AM
Yeah, I ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would. It was a fun movie. I would have liked to see the Turtles fight Shredder though.