PDA

View Full Version : Uh...Did I miss something? (Spoiler)

Krutch
06-05-2016, 12:19 AM
So, it's established repeatedly throughout the movie that Raph and Mikey want to become human. But then when they finally have a cure in front of them, and Leo's on board for whatever Raph wants, Raph chucks the cure away, signifying the end of his character arc. And that's cool, I can dig that.

But did I miss something or did they completely skip the part that shows us what changed his mind in the first place?

And I guess Mikey's vote just doesn't count after all :lol:

Shark_Blade
06-05-2016, 12:41 AM
Mikey and Donnie were afraid to make that decision so they kept quiet. Leo was pretty much dead on following whatever they want at that point. So it's really Raph who decided and threw that canister.

I was hoping to see them in human form even for a brief moment (like what happened with Donnie's hand -probably could lasted an hour?) but alas. Imagine seeing the human actors! :tlove:

Krutch
06-05-2016, 12:47 AM
Yeah but I'm saying what changed his mind? Two scenes earlier he was still wanting to become human; then when he's given the option, he tosses it away. What happened?

I was hoping to see them in human form even for a brief moment
Yeahhhhhh....I'm so happy we didn't get that scene :lol: But to each their own.

Powder
06-05-2016, 12:48 AM
I think there was more to that whole thing & it lays on the cutting room floor. One toy has Leonardo in human clothes with 4 fingers, I'd say that's pretty curious.

Commenter 42
06-05-2016, 01:12 AM
Still haven't seen it, but from the day they announced 4 blonde dudes, it's been suspect. Maybe they're saving it...

But with a 30 million opening weekend, a third go-round a'int likely.

d_osborn
06-05-2016, 01:24 AM
I'm honestly shocked they didn't have the turtles running around for a chunk of the film as human. They could have saved some major FX money, haha!

Commenter 42
06-05-2016, 01:34 AM
I'm honestly shocked they didn't have the turtles running around for a chunk of the film as human. They could have saved some major FX money, haha!

Right? I'll take reshoots for 1000 Alex...

And maybe that's why the comps are sooooooo terrible....
Maybe that was the plan, but the test audience was like....nonono...

Bay must of been some angry, cheap bastard....

mrmaczaps
06-05-2016, 05:19 AM
Seeing the toys having everyone but Don with a disguise, I thought that scene was going to have Donnie as human and the others in costume to go to the surface rather than Raph tossing it... but I'm really glad they didn't make any of them human...

TigerClaw
06-05-2016, 08:39 AM
Mikey and Donnie were afraid to make that decision so they kept quiet. Leo was pretty much dead on following whatever they want at that point. So it's really Raph who decided and threw that canister.

I was hoping to see them in human form even for a brief moment (like what happened with Donnie's hand -probably could lasted an hour?) but alas. Imagine seeing the human actors! :tlove:
The problem with that is, non of the human actors look like teenagers in RL, they look like they are in there 20s.

Shark_Blade
06-05-2016, 08:42 AM
The problem with that is, non of the human actors look like teenagers in RL, they look like they are in there 20s.

CGI man. Robert Downey Jr did it in Civil War recently. Very convincing.

Bry
06-05-2016, 09:12 AM
So, it's established repeatedly throughout the movie that Raph and Mikey want to become human. But then when they finally have a cure in front of them, and Leo's on board for whatever Raph wants, Raph chucks the cure away, signifying the end of his character arc. And that's cool, I can dig that.

But did I miss something or did they completely skip the part that shows us what changed his mind in the first place?

Shades of his out-of-nowhere emotional outpouring in the last one? The writers had an idea for a character arc but couldn't be bothered to actually do the work? Starting to smell like a pattern.

newhire13
06-05-2016, 09:28 AM

And I guess Mikey's vote just doesn't count after all :lol:

I think above all he just wanted to be able to choose for himself as opposed to Leo choosing for them. And in the end the choice was his family and for them to be who they really are.

samxsteal
06-05-2016, 10:33 AM
I think above all he just wanted to be able to choose for himself as opposed to Leo choosing for them. And in the end the choice was his family and for them to be who they really are.

This exactly this. There seemed, at least to me, an unspoken communication between Mikey and Raph. And the whole time it was happening I was like just be your selves. And I think that was the message they sent at least that's what I got from it.