PDA

View Full Version : Can We Liven Up This Section?

Powder
06-05-2016, 03:37 AM
Seriously, yo. It's gotten quieter & quieter here over the years, it's practically as barren as the RP section at this point. I don't really understand why fan-works seem not to be of any interest to the average user of these forums. Deviantart, Tumblr, Instagram, they're all chock-full of people pumping out content, so it's odd to me that it hasn't crossed over as much here. That's not to say we should be on other sites trying to bring in traffic, 'cause a lot of folks would solely use our forums to pimp their social media sites & junk, but it needs a little new life breathed into it.

We used to do a lot of collaborative stuff here, challenges, re-designs, group projects, threads in which anyone could flex their creative muscle with shared themes. I miss that, it was a lot of fun. I understand that some people have had to move on with life & it's responsibilities, don't have time, etc, but there's always new blood, right?

I'm 100% sure I could drum up some ideas for mass participation, but I wouldn't wanna put my heart into anything that you guys aren't feeling. I guess I could make some of them anyway, keep it accessible & see what happens, but I'm interested in y'alls feedback.

What kind of things do you want to create and/or see here?

Ravenshell
06-05-2016, 04:12 AM
I hear ya, man... It's totally been crickets around the fanfic section... I personaly have spread myself a little thin between beta work and group stuff on dA, and trying (failing) to keep up on reading things for the major fic competitions.

If I can spare the time (which, who knows if I will, since we have a new puppy now too), I'd try to jump in for drabble prompts or art contests (though I feel like my art is crap compared to some of the talents around here) or OC designing.

Shark_Blade
06-05-2016, 07:32 AM
Other forum I went to faces this problem too, the fan art section has very few traffic as days go by. Could it be because people no longer go to forums anymore? Tumblr, deviantart and countless other alternatives are more appealing? That could be it.

I did post some arts in my thread but received little to no feedback, so I assume no one's interested anymore here. It seems pointless to post any further in the forum. Pity.

ZariusTwo
06-05-2016, 09:44 AM
Part of the reason I don't write as many TMNT stories in my series anymore is due to lack of interest in them. Only Bubblyshell, who I still keep in touch with, reviews them.

snake
06-05-2016, 09:49 AM
I would, but I'm not much of an artist. The old redesign threads are pretty cool though.

Sabacooza
06-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Seriously, yo. It's gotten quieter & quieter here over the years, it's practically as barren as the RP section at this point. I don't really understand why fan-works seem not to be of any interest to the average user of these forums. Deviantart, Tumblr, Instagram, they're all chock-full of people pumping out content, so it's odd to me that it hasn't crossed over as much here. That's not to say we should be on other sites trying to bring in traffic, 'cause a lot of folks would solely use our forums to pimp their social media sites & junk, but it needs a little new life breathed into it.

We used to do a lot of collaborative stuff here, challenges, re-designs, group projects, threads in which anyone could flex their creative muscle with shared themes. I miss that, it was a lot of fun. I understand that some people have had to move on with life & it's responsibilities, don't have time, etc, but there's always new blood, right?

I'm 100% sure I could drum up some ideas for mass participation, but I wouldn't wanna put my heart into anything that you guys aren't feeling. I guess I could make some of them anyway, keep it accessible & see what happens, but I'm interested in y'alls feedback.

What kind of things do you want to create and/or see here?I have loads of stuff to share like some sculptures and stuff but nobody has ever shown any interest in the past so I don't bother posting here. I get more action over on Deviantart. I never understood why this section couldn't be more lively.

Unworthy tinker
06-05-2016, 11:05 AM
I used to check this section pretty often, but I guess that's kinda slipped away from me over time, especially from October to January, where I was pretty busy, hardly drew myself, etc.

I could help. Is my art super amazing? No, not at all, but to offer a helping hand *grabs 3DS and sketch book*

Oh, and Sabacooza, I wouldn't mind seeing your work.

Sabacooza
06-05-2016, 11:28 AM
I used to check this section pretty often, but I guess that's kinda slipped away from me over time, especially from October to January, where I was pretty busy, hardly drew myself, etc.

I could help. Is my art super amazing? No, not at all, but to offer a helping hand *grabs 3DS and sketch book*

Oh, and Sabacooza, I wouldn't mind seeing your work.I'll have to take some pictures and post them.

I know a lot of people have their own threads for their work but would it be a dumb idea to start a new one where everyone can show off their work?

Utrommaniac
06-05-2016, 02:12 PM
I've been meaning to update my page more. But I've been busy, in an art funk, and I don't get a lot of replies either.

The time problem is the biggest issue, not to mention the struggle on how I want the tone of my TMNT concept to be.

Nortock Diab
06-06-2016, 05:11 AM
I'll have to take some pictures and post them.

I know a lot of people have their own threads for their work but would it be a dumb idea to start a new one where everyone can show off their work?

It would be great for some sketches and stand-alone drawings.

I am personally very fond of fan comics and check the ones I can find in this section on a regular basis (but not always posting though).
On the other hand I do not bother reading fan fictions. I have little time to spare and for me TMNT is a comic book before anything else so I expect fan interpretations to be in the comic book format as well. Slightly obtuse I know :tconfuse:.

Gunpowder
06-06-2016, 09:03 PM
I'm working on a body of TMNT drawings that I was gonna eventually post here...when I consider myself skilled enough. I lurk in the art section a lot, because there's an incredible amount of talent on here, and you're right - the feedback is sorely lacking - but I can't complain, since I don't usually give feedback either. If any of you guys have posted art here, chances are, I've seen/admired it. But not commented. Guess I should start doing that, eh? :tlol:

I'm totally on board with almost anything you guys could suggest, but I want to improve first. How about a request thread? Someone requests something TMNT-related; one of us calls dibs, draws it, and then the person who drew it gets to make the next request? Or something of that nature. It's only a suggestion.