PDA

View Full Version : Fast Forward Makes "Top Twenty Worst Animated Theme Songs" List

ZariusTwo
06-05-2016, 08:45 AM
dZ0-GQgc_gM

Number 12, lumped in with other 4kids theme

He's actually quite complimentary to the version of the song without the lyrics

Mew
06-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Right along with 4Kids One Piece.

(But I like that theme..)

Aaronardo
06-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Actually watched this video a couple days ago with the hopes that this song would make the list. Mr. Enter never ceases to disappoint. :thumbsup:

GOD that song is horrible though. Fast Forward AND the 4Kids One Piece theme.

snake
06-05-2016, 09:42 AM
FF is alright as a theme but the back to the sewers theme is rockin'.

I don't care what anyone says

ZariusTwo
06-05-2016, 09:46 AM

The multiple choice theme songs where fans voted was interesting, I wish that had been an ongoing annual thing for 4Kids if they'd continued with the show

TheSkeletonMan939
06-05-2016, 09:46 AM
I uploaded an instrumental version of the FF theme song to my own YouTube channel, and Mr. Enter's video has sent a lot of people over to it. :p

The multiple choice theme songs where fans voted was interesting, I wish that had been an ongoing annual thing for 4Kids if they'd continued with the show

The other options were so bad that I have to imagine they were always going to go with their final choice, and that the voting was a gimmick. Kind of like the TMNT top 10 was clearly just whatever ones they felt like airing.

snake
06-05-2016, 09:47 AM

Yeah. I wish the nick show did that. I always get pretty excited when you're watching a regular episode of a show and a whole new intro comes on.

TheSkeletonMan939
06-05-2016, 09:49 AM
I always get pretty excited when you're watching a regular episode of a show and a whole new intro comes on.

Yeah. Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated changed the visuals of their theme song around when Daphne dropped out the gang and "Hot Dog Water" took her place for a few episodes. I think it's always a neat little touch.

Didn't the first BttS episode use the FF theme song since they were still in the future?

snake
06-05-2016, 09:50 AM
Pretty sure all of the voted themes are all on youtube. Some of them are BAD.

ZariusTwo
06-05-2016, 10:09 AM
Yeah. Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated changed the visuals of their theme song around when Daphne dropped out the gang and "Hot Dog Water" took her place for a few episodes. I think it's always a neat little touch.

Didn't the first BttS episode use the FF theme song since they were still in the future?

I think so, and the episode ended with the Back to the Sewer intro to mark the transition

Aaronardo
06-05-2016, 11:17 AM
Pretty sure all of the voted themes are all on youtube. Some of them are BAD.

The people definitely voted for the best one. If Mr. Enter knew about BttS's theme he'd probably stop considering Pokemon Season 1 as the only good theme song 4Kids has ever done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hyvEk010Po oh and here's the video. Be warned, however, many of these are AWFUL. Always loved #1 though.

FredWolfLeonardo
06-05-2016, 11:23 AM
I never hated the ff theme. I thought it was a fun and cute little theme. Not the best tmnt theme in my view, but i enjoyed it for what it was. Or maybe my standards for a bad theme song are pretty high.

Chris
06-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Just me that found the Fast Forward theme kinda catchy then? Ah well, I still like it!

TLP
06-05-2016, 01:43 PM
I'll just let Emer Prevost, a much better and more legitimate internet reviewer IMO, explain how I feel about Mr. Enter:

eUTI1aDWRJk

Mew
06-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Best 4Kids TMNT theme:
ixnF1IXQpB0

Powder
06-05-2016, 05:58 PM

Agreed, yo.

Shiro Kame
06-05-2016, 10:34 PM
I'll just let Emer Prevost, a much better and more legitimate internet reviewer IMO, explain how I feel about Mr. Enter:

eUTI1aDWRJk

Given how some children's channels make lackluster or dumb cartoons with some pretty awful things such as having a protagonist nearly push someone to suicide or having someone having their day wrecked by the protagonist just for existing, I can't really argue with Enter.

neatoman
06-06-2016, 03:15 AM
Given how some children's channels make lackluster or dumb cartoons with some pretty awful things such as having a protagonist nearly push someone to suicide or having someone having their day wrecked by the protagonist just for existing, I can't really argue with Enter.

While that is true, it doesn't change that he draws out his points way too long. The top twenty list here is split up into two parts which add up to about sixty-seven minutes, it took an hour and seven minutes for him to do what other critics typically do in ten to twenty.

Prevost's complaint about a lot of Enter's criticism doesn't really make sense is one that I also agree with. Complaining about how Teen Titans Go has bad morals when the morals presented are intended to be a joke doesn't make any sense.

Shark_Blade
06-06-2016, 07:22 AM
It's an amazing music piece but the awful singers and terrible lyrics ruined it. No more!

This makes a huge difference:

f-TWCAhFytw

ABrown
06-06-2016, 10:26 AM
This is stupid. I found Fast Forward's theme song to be very catchy. I guess everyone has their own opinions though.

SKX31
06-09-2016, 10:30 AM
While that is true, it doesn't change that he draws out his points way too long. The top twenty list here is split up into two parts which add up to about sixty-seven minutes, it took an hour and seven minutes for him to do what other critics typically do in ten to twenty.

Prevost's complaint about a lot of Enter's criticism doesn't really make sense is one that I also agree with. Complaining about how Teen Titans Go has bad morals when the morals presented are intended to be a joke doesn't make any sense.

Yes, he draws them out too long - and this is coming from a subscriber of his. But then you get those reviews that need that airtime: his Family Guy stuff in particular. And that show have had episodes presenting things without any sense of humor nor irony at all - such as intervening for a domestic abuse victim, not the perpetrator, thereby sending the wrong message in a very sensitive topic.

And yea, Teen Titans Go might be intended as a joke, but when the stuff is seemingly not double-checked (even as a simplistic show) the end results can look really, really bad. The hatedom arose partly because of unfortunate implications (characters being jerks just 'cause, for example) that were never addressed by the show, after all. There is no shame in a show being simplistic, but there is when not double-checking, for example.

As for the FF song? Well, guilty pleasure of mine. So while I can see why some wouldn't like it, or even hate it, the instrumentals are at the very least decent.

Aaronardo
06-09-2016, 10:47 AM
Complaining about how Teen Titans Go has bad morals when the morals presented are intended to be a joke doesn't make any sense.

Even if that was the intention of the writers, the presentation of satire within the show isn't thought out well. At all. I may not be good with humor myself but I know satire when I see it. Satire is literally my favorite type of humor. Teen Titans Go is not satire. It doesn't satirize the themes it brings up, it flat-out uses the same tired morals you've heard in all those other shows (see Boys VS Girls) all while using horrid "comedy" and animation that makes those horrible Flash-animated cartoons from the early 2000s look like classic examples of modern art by comparison.

And if you're still not convinced, the writers on Teen Titans Go are the same as the ones on Breadwinners. You can't seriously tell me they would be smart enough writers to come up with anything like you claim TTG to be.

TMNTInsighter
06-28-2016, 09:25 PM
So where's the countdown of the best?

They should make one with the best scores next. I'm sure the '87 series would make it somewhere.

SwordofTengu
07-12-2016, 02:13 PM
So where's the countdown of the best?

They should make one with the best scores next. I'm sure the '87 series would make it somewhere.

I can almost guarantee it would. It's the best Turtles theme song to me.

I don't think the Fast Forward theme is that bad at all. There are some cringe-worthy moments in it sure, but I really do not think it deserves so much hate. I watched the whole list and I can say that every single opening was worse than Fast Forward's opening.

Spike Spiegel
07-13-2016, 11:33 AM
I prefer the FF theme song to the dreadful music from Back to the Sewer.

Netkeeper
07-14-2016, 03:54 AM
FF's theme makes me cringe but BTTS has a pretty sweet theme.

But the real winner all-around would have to be pretty much any of the themes used in the Japanese dub of 2k3 lmao they did a much better job with opening music than the US did.

Leolead
07-15-2016, 05:20 AM
I loved it. :/

sdp
07-15-2016, 06:56 PM
I like the FF theme song, it may be the best 2k3 theme, that isn't saying much since the rest are not that good but FF is charming.

DVD
07-28-2016, 01:13 AM

I do not mid the FF tune at all, but yeah, the BttS theme is soooo good.
Still can't see how FF gets voted as a bad tune though.

THGhost
08-05-2016, 03:31 PM
I'm amazed Cubed isn't here defending Fast Forward. :P

I personally don't mind it, or its theme. But I can understand why others wouldn't. It's definitely more "kid-friendly".

Best 4Kids TMNT theme:
ixnF1IXQpB0

Holy crap, that's awesome. Why did season 7 get the absolute best theme tunes?