PDA

View Full Version : Unpopular Opinion

Donatello19
06-06-2016, 07:50 PM
Am the only one here who actually liked OOTS quite a bit?

Now don't get me wrong, it's far, FAR from perfect...there are a lot of flaws, many of which have carried over from the first movie, but I did think that there was a lot of good things in this movie as well.

Bebop and Rocksteady were very enjoyable, to me they were a perfect duo in this and had a lot of funny moments. I liked that even though they were still idiots, they did feel like a pretty serious threat to the turtles.

I thought Baxter was great. He was zany and off the wall, but still had a serious goal in mind and did seem to stand up for himself at times. I hope we get to see more of him if they do plan on making a sequel.

The turtles themselves, I thought were a LOT better than in the first movie. Not only do the designs look...less horrible...but we got to see more of their personalities and interactions with each other as brothers. And it seems to me like out of all of the TMNT movies, this is the only one where there's a pretty big focus on Donnie. That I liked :D

As for the cons...yeah, there's quite a bit. They didn't do much to try and fix the mistakes of the first movie (not like there really is much they could have done..)
and they even added him so new things that I didn't particulary like at all.

Casey Jones. I did not like this Casey at all...to me the actor isn't really cut out for movie acting, he should stick to television, and also he didn't feel like Casey Jones at all. Heck, I like the Nick Casey better than this guy...

Krang and the Technodrome. To me, these both felt very shoehorned in and were SUPER anti-climactic. I thought it would be amazing to see Krang in a movie, but honestly...I wasn't very impressed. There wasn't anything particularly bad about him, but he just felt like he was...just there. Just there to be there.

But despite these things, to me, this was an enjoyable TMNT movie and I can honestly say as a whole, I liked it.

Also, all those easter eggs and references. There was a lot of great fan service imo :tgrin:

Autbot_Benz
06-06-2016, 07:55 PM
you know there is a thread for if you liked the movie or not ?

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=55416

The Deadman
06-06-2016, 07:55 PM
I enjoyed it, though I'm not a fan of Krangs voice nor am I a fan of how they made Shredder look intimidating only to take him out in one fell swoop.

THGhost
06-06-2016, 08:34 PM
No, you are not.

IndigoErth
06-06-2016, 09:21 PM
I enjoyed the Turtles a heck of a lot more this time. The film has it's flaws, the villain plot in particular is rather weak, but my main concern and hope was square on the Turtles and if they'd do far better for them this time. Which they did. I quite like their aspect of the film. After the prior film leaving me a little depressed after seeing it over their hallow treatment, this one left good feels for them.

Donnie could have used a little more in terms of emotion and whatnot. Raph had it pretty okay. Leo and Mikey were done really well though in terms of the emotional stuff. Leo, if you're paying attention to him, has a lot of subtle emotion going on, and lingering over the whole potential human thing that clearly bothers him for a while. At least a few shots of him look like he's actually feeling rather dejected over the whole concept :tsad:, though he hides it and comes across a bit blunt.

Really missed last time not really having all those little nuances to think over, connect, and discuss.

They're people in this, which is great. (Enough so that I think my mom may have become a bit of a Mikey fan, at least while watching the film. Think those couple of sad moments got to her.)

There's certainly other things to complain about, more things for them to take notes on to steer clear of if there is a third, but those guys, yeah, I like them in this. If there are anymore they better keep on that path with them. Sans any Looney Toons-ish junk and smarten Mikey up a little.

samxsteal
06-07-2016, 05:45 AM
I really loved this movie the turtles were perfect. I really hope I can see them again on the big screen. Hopefully the box office can pull through it will be really sad if it doesn't.

Shark_Blade
06-07-2016, 06:05 AM
I love it very much.

It's the best movie we got so far next to 2014 movie. :tlove:

chrisdude
06-07-2016, 06:42 AM
you know there is a thread for if you liked the movie or not ?

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=55416 Overwhelmingly popular opinion, actually.

It's kinda sad that a poll is the only way one could look at this forum and see that a large majority of us enjoyed the movie.

ZariusTwo
06-07-2016, 06:54 AM
An entertaining romp. Really enjoyed it. Plenty of faults, but not enough to diminish my rating.

Don't let a bunch of salty, bitter MIRAGE-massaging pricks make you think you're unpopular for liking it.

THGhost
06-07-2016, 08:21 AM
Overwhelmingly popular opinion, actually.

It's kinda sad that a poll is the only way one could look at this forum and see that a large majority of us enjoyed the movie.

Yeah, so much for nobody enjoying it. Whoever said that was just flat out wrong.

neatoman
06-07-2016, 08:46 AM
An entertaining romp. Really enjoyed it. Plenty of faults, but not enough to diminish my rating.

Don't let a bunch of salty, bitter MIRAGE-massaging pricks make you think you're unpopular for liking it.

Yeah, so much for nobody enjoying it. Whoever said that was just flat out wrong.

Well the negative to lukewarm reviews and low box office would imply it's an unpopular movie in general, but we have 50 people on a forum full of fans claiming they liked it, so it totally can't be an unpopular movie. :lol:

It's not that the people who didn't like it saw through the fanservice and thought of it as a mess of a movie that didn't hold up on it's own, it's because they're butthurt it it was based on the cartoon. :lol:

Yeah, this movie is not popular outside a very particular niche.

THGhost
06-07-2016, 09:08 AM
Well the negative to lukewarm reviews and low box office would imply it's an unpopular movie in general, but we have 50 people on a forum full of fans claiming they liked it, so it totally can't be an unpopular movie. :lol:

It's not that the people who didn't like it saw through the fanservice and thought of it as a mess of a movie that didn't hold up on it's own, it's because they're butthurt it it was based on the cartoon. :lol:

Yeah, this movie is not popular outside a very particular niche.

Pretty much, yeah.

Foombamaroom
06-07-2016, 09:42 AM
I thought it was 'eh' at best. Better than the first, but that's not saying much. Honestly, at its core, it's just a really forgettable bad movie.

Didn't make me want to shoot myself, though, so yeah.

Matt2310
06-07-2016, 10:23 AM
its a fun movie, if you like the 87 cartoon you will like this movie.

Andrew NDB
06-07-2016, 10:36 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ptKIxp0VhvQ/TgTklxk3CSI/AAAAAAAAAZY/NZw8Y2kYqKA/s1600/Potatoes-4.jpg

ToTheNines
06-07-2016, 11:26 AM
if you like the 87 cartoon you will like this movie.

That's bull sh*t. Not true at all.