PDA

View Full Version : So the technodrome is on this?

MathUser
06-07-2016, 02:10 AM
Wow, that's kinda dumb. I know good CG can make just about anything convincing but the idea of a Techno drome in the real world is pretty farfetched, unless it was made much smaller. A giant globe with tank treads that burrows underground without causing sinkholes everywhere. Does it ever surface?

Shark_Blade
06-07-2016, 02:13 AM
Wow, that's kinda dumb. I know good CG can make just about anything convincing but the idea of a Techno drome in the real world is pretty farfetched, unless it was made much smaller. A giant globe with tank treads that burrows underground without causing sinkholes everywhere. Does it ever surface?

The technodrome doesn't even touch the ground.

Go watch it yourself rather than hating without basis.

Powder
06-07-2016, 03:18 AM
Why do you keep asking for pictures & answers you could get from watching the film trailers?

ZariusTwo
06-07-2016, 05:03 AM

The Technodrome starts off in Dimension X and has to disassemble/reassemble itself when it's pulled into our dimension, it barely finishes reassembling before the process is reversed at the end of the movie.

IndigoErth
06-07-2016, 09:37 AM
It's airborne, like it is in the Nick show.

But it just kind of sits there in the sky, the pieces coming together, and isn't there for long. Including it was kind of a waste. And kind of obviously there simply for nostalgia ("Hey look we put this thing in it! Though we have no idea what to do with it."), because for a potentially "world ending machine" (or however they put it) it did nothing. Other than assemble, sit there, then go away.
Via the only use of Donnie's drone.
I mean... if that was the real world, then it would be great that the Turtles stopped it so early. But for a movie... pretty anticlimactic.

MathUser
06-07-2016, 10:10 AM
I'm more an old school turtles fan, so I really only watch the OT turtles show, The Turtles movies (old ones), Turtles Forever, TNM. I ain't watched much of the new show, I think about 2 episodes total so I didn't know the technodrome was on there. I watched the first Micheal Bay TMNT movie when it came on PPV, and I'll probably watch the new one when it's on the movie channels too. I don't have a theatre within 40 miles of me so I can't just go watch movies whenever I want.

TheCanadiandrome
06-14-2016, 05:49 PM
i might be in the minority but I loved the Technodrome

THGhost
06-14-2016, 07:43 PM
i might be in the minority but I loved the Technodrome

So did I. It looked great. It's just a shame we didn't really get to have a good look inside of it.

IndigoErth
06-14-2016, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I'd had hoped the Turtles would have been infiltrating into the thing first before the the final fight, not just seeing it as a platform for it to happen on.

Jephael
06-14-2016, 09:07 PM
Gotta admit, this was definitely a scaled down iteration of the Technodrome we all remember from the original cartoon.

Etsyturtle2
06-15-2016, 05:51 AM
Gotta admit, this was definitely a scaled down iteration of the Technodrome we all remember from the original cartoon.

Scaled down? Seemed about the right size or bigger to me!

ProactiveMan
06-16-2016, 02:31 AM
I was pleasantly surprised to see the eyeball, and I wonder if that was a last minute inclusion. The playset doesn't have one does it?

THGhost
06-17-2016, 11:04 AM
I was pleasantly surprised to see the eyeball, and I wonder if that was a last minute inclusion. The playset doesn't have one does it?

I totally missed that. Where was it? Was it obvious? I feel silly for missing it now. Maybe I got distracted? :P

thundermaster612
06-17-2016, 11:13 AM
Via the only use of Donnie's drone.

B-but it chases Mikey...

Cropsy
06-19-2016, 04:38 AM
I'm more an old school turtles fan, so I really only watch the OT turtles show, The Turtles movies (old ones), Turtles Forever, TNM. I ain't watched much of the new show, I think about 2 episodes total so I didn't know the technodrome was on there. I watched the first Micheal Bay TMNT movie when it came on PPV, and I'll probably watch the new one when it's on the movie channels too. I don't have a theatre within 40 miles of me so I can't just go watch movies whenever I want.

Have you seen the 2003 Ninja Turtles show?

Candy Kappa
06-19-2016, 05:21 AM
I totally missed that. Where was it? Was it obvious? I feel silly for missing it now. Maybe I got distracted? :P

It was after the scene where the Turtles are spun around by Kra(a)ng's arms and after Vern comments Karai got a sword and they have a hubcap.

ProactiveMan
06-20-2016, 02:28 AM
It was after the scene where the Turtles are spun around by Kra(a)ng's arms and after Vern comments Karai got a sword and they have a hubcap.

It had the two laser cannons on the side too.

thundermaster612
06-20-2016, 05:56 AM

I know we're not allowed to post illegal clips and stuff but its on youtube so..
watch and see it. (I'll remove this if I have to)
yutub.com/wetch?vee=eqnfdjwfbwfjbwe
(removed link)

(EDIT: also, have we ever heard Fred Armisen's Krang voice? like in the trailers and stuff or has he never done it?)

Etsyturtle2
06-20-2016, 06:30 AM
I know we're not allowed to post illegal clips and stuff but its on youtube so..
(removed link)

(EDIT: also, have we ever heard Fred Armisen's Krang voice? like in the trailers and stuff or has he never done it?)

No it's lost to history. But I have a feeling it was way better than the one we got from Brad garret.

THGhost
06-20-2016, 05:03 PM
(removed link)

Hmmmm, I've reinserted the removed letters but the video "isn't available". Is "eqnfdjwfbwf" still the correct code?

Candy Kappa
06-21-2016, 03:48 AM
It had the two laser cannons on the side too.

Which was pretty neat, wish we'd see more of the Technodrome in action, like what it could have done at 50% power, and have a implication what a fully powered Drome would be capable doing.

Instead it was a bit anticlimactic for a movie finale.

TheCanadiandrome
06-27-2016, 04:45 PM

I like squealed a bit lol :lol:

ProactiveMan
06-27-2016, 07:07 PM
Haha yeah - if you looked in the theatre with night vision goggles, I'm pretty sure you'd see my mouth wide open and my eyeballs bugging a couple of centimetres out of their sockets.