PDA

View Full Version : Tmnt 3 back in time fighting

Gokhan
06-07-2016, 05:06 PM
Had a considerable amount of fighting compared to secret of the ooze an then3 films that followed in 200u 2014 and 2016.

Not to mention the weapon use it was high. The costumes sucked but the fighting was seriously underrated

Andrew NDB
06-07-2016, 05:24 PM
It has way more heart than II and is easily "better" than II if you can overlook the froggy costumes. Still very bad, though.

ToTheNines
06-07-2016, 05:50 PM
Yeah, every time I watch it I just need like 10 minutes or so to adjust to the crappy costumes and lip synching.

Would have really helped if they got Pais back for Raph one last time.

Jester
06-07-2016, 06:03 PM
It has way more heart than II and is easily "better" than II if you can overlook the froggy costumes. Still very bad, though.

I still hold that had Henson's team returned for TMNT III it wouldn't have been as hated.

Gokhan
06-07-2016, 06:09 PM
I still hold that had Henson's team returned for TMNT III it wouldn't have been as hated.

Whole heartily agree

thundermaster612
06-07-2016, 06:32 PM
Wait... Henson's team didn't work on TMNT 3 and Pais wasn't Raph?

Who were the replacements?

Sabacooza
06-07-2016, 07:06 PM
I still hold that had Henson's team returned for TMNT III it wouldn't have been as hated.It would've looked more appealing. That's for sure.

CyberCubed
06-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Meh, only Leo's face looks weird in TMNT III. The other Turtles look fine.

Mew
06-08-2016, 04:39 AM
Watching it today on Netflix..

Casey
06-08-2016, 07:36 AM
I've stated this before, but the themes and basic concept are actually very incredible. It's basically a comic book story, but without two very important things: a tie in to the Foot and a villain who knows martial arts. I think these two things would've made for a much better movie that fans (other than us) would still love and watch.

oldmanwinters
06-08-2016, 07:54 AM
I like the movie. Always have.

Garfield
06-08-2016, 10:20 AM

I think so to. the heart in this film never gets mentioned. I also like how the turtles bonded with the villagers and how Raph's character arc had completed when he became a big brother figure to Yoshi. even at the end him telling Yoshi "Hey watch that temper." Raph teaching someone to watch their temper just shows how much he grew as a character. I also like the conflict the turtles had about whether they should stay in the past where they were accepted or go back to the present where they had to live in hiding. I wish that they had done more that conflict because it was kind of washed over at the end, but it was nice that it was even a thing. But people don't like talking about any of that stuff when talking about the movie, they like to focus on how bad the costumes look, or the silly jokes (all of the turtles movies had silly jokes.)
or no shredder.

I wonder to, I really don't know. I wonder if some of it has to do with the setting of feudal Japan and the lack of the Foot and Shredder, punks and Mutants. Ninja Turtles 3 just isn't as flashy as the other 2. I think of Turtles 3 a lot like I think of Back to the Future 3.

Had a considerable amount of fighting compared to secret of the ooze an then3 films that followed in 200u 2014 and 2016.

Not to mention the weapon use it was high. The costumes sucked but the fighting was seriously underrated

Yeah one thing that people are usually disappointed about for TMNT at that time was the censorship, in TMNT 2 there was a noticeable lack of usage of the weapons compared to the first TMNT movie. TMNT 3 was rare thing at the time because it was one of the few times were they undid a decision of censorship and allowed for the turtles to use weapons a whole lot actually. I wish people would give the movie its complements about that more than they do.

Andrew NDB
06-08-2016, 10:29 AM
I don't know that the lack of Shredder was a problem inherent to TMNT III... but rather, a lack of a villain able to fill his shoes. Walker wasn't that. The angry Japanese guy they trapped in the bell wasn't that.

They should have gone wild and did some kind of take on Savanti Romero.

Garfield
06-08-2016, 10:48 AM
I don't know that the lack of Shredder was a problem inherent to TMNT III... .

Oh I don't either. Shredder not being there isn't a problem. I just wonder if that's a major gripe that a lot of people have with TMNT 3 because I occasionally see no Shredder as a complaint.

but rather, a lack of a villain able to fill his shoes. Walker wasn't that. The angry Japanese guy they trapped in the bell wasn't that.

You know... I kind of like Walker...Walker was alright and Lord Norinaga was ok, but you know I can see how going from the grandeur and flashiness of Shredder to those guys can be a little off putting to people. You have behemoth mutants like Tokka and Rahzar to humans that aren't particular exciting to look at or are colourful and at face value people aren't as interested.

As for Savanti Romero. I mean sure anything can work if the time thought and good work is put into it.

neatoman
06-08-2016, 12:37 PM
I don't know that the lack of Shredder was a problem inherent to TMNT III... but rather, a lack of a villain able to fill his shoes. Walker wasn't that. The angry Japanese guy they trapped in the bell wasn't that.

Savanti could have worked and it would not surprise me if he was in an early draft of the script (given the Time Sceptre and all). But seeing how the movie didn't have the, ehem, "finances" to make a good set of animatronic masks or even a good Splinter puppet, I doubt that was going to happen.

How about an earlier incarnation of the Foot Clan instead? They probably had ninja suits left ove from the last two.

pferreira
06-09-2016, 09:55 AM
Everyone wanted the third movie to have Krang. It wasn't meant to be.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
06-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Everyone wanted the third movie to have Krang. It wasn't meant to be.

That's why it's so great to have him now instead.

Andrew NDB
06-09-2016, 03:47 PM
How about an earlier incarnation of the Foot Clan instead? They probably had ninja suits left ove from the last two.

Probably should have. Would have made it feel more like the end of a trilogy than just this random installment.

DonatelloDomeHead31
06-14-2016, 10:21 PM
Turtles III fighting compared to Turtles II fighting...3 was more comical.

II had them without their weapons.

Some scenes: Michelangelo uses the sausages to fight the burglars. I think he only uses his weapon once in Ninja Turtles III and it was to save Mitsu

Another would be Leo uses his swords to raise himself off the ground against the burglar, then cutting Lord Norinaga's hair for comical purposes.

Wasn't it true that the first one had more violence/turtles' weapon use?

pferreira
06-16-2016, 08:32 AM
That's why it's so great to have him now instead.Actually I would have liked to have had him in the original movie continuity.

FlawedCoil82
06-16-2016, 02:49 PM
After being incredibly frustrated with the 2nd TMNT movie (due to glaring lack of weapon use) when I saw them using their weapons again for the 3rd movie, I was so happy that I shot the 3rd film to my top favorite spot. Since then, I have had to move it back down to 2nd place after the first movie.

My biggest problem with the 3rd movie was that I found none of the villains that threatening. The samurais were simply outmatched by the turtles' skill and at no point did I ever feel that the turtles were in any life threatening danger. Having them fight someone who was equally as skilled as they were would have fixed that.

My favorite part of the movie is the 2nd fight they have out in the woods. Not only is the scenery beautiful, but I love that shot of Raph throwing his sai to break Mitsu's arrow. There are still things I wish they would have done differently in the movie to make it more exciting, but after the way the studio completely screwed the turtles on the use of their weapons (save for Donatello) the 3rd movie was such a welcome surprise.