PDA

View Full Version : What were the plotholes in the movie?

CyberCubed
06-08-2016, 08:07 PM
I've seen people say the movie had plotholes, but I can't recall any big ones from when I saw the movie. What is it people are bringing up?

nellyp
06-09-2016, 12:07 AM
A couple I work with saw it over the weekend and they really didn't like the movie. They said it had plot holes but never really gave a definitive answer. They didn't like that the turtles tracked Bebop and Rocksteady to Brazil using their unique signature where if Shredder would have gone himself they would have never known, but that was more a cheesy plot device than a plot hole. They also didn't like the rushed ending with the Shredder being taken out of it but that also is more a plot decision. Oh yeah, they thought it was dumb that the turtles needed help getting into the police station yet the foot were there already. I explained that with just 1 word though...ninjas!

I never saw anything that was a plot hole but there were some strange plot decisions but the movie was still enjoyable.

Technogeek29
06-09-2016, 12:36 AM
-The Turtles getting mad at Vernon for taking credit when THEY are the one's who asked him to.
-Turtles fearing being shot when they are bullet proof
-Krang happen to be teleporting Shredder the same time as Baxter
-Krang knowing who Shredder is apparently
-Karai finding Shredder after Krang randomly teleports him back to earth (granted this is more dumb movie logic)
-Apparently Casey being the only eye witness to the Turtles (Bull****)
-Raphael's fear of heights coming and going for the sake of the plot
And that is just off the top of my head.

Coola Yagami
06-09-2016, 12:43 AM
Oh yeah, they thought it was dumb that the turtles needed help getting into the police station yet the foot were there already. I explained that with just 1 word though...ninjas!

..... but the Turtles are ninja too..... or at least they're supposed to be?

IndigoErth
06-09-2016, 12:45 AM
Off the top of my head:

Like how and why Krang was already familiar with Shredder and why he'd want in on taking over Earth.

When Baxter tried to teleport him, why did Shredder end up in the Technodrome of all places.

I don't think Krang told Shredder what the new ooze he was given was meant for?

Sure, lets just skip over the Turtles needing to try to get onto the first and third cargo planes in the first place. The one time they have to act like stealthy ninjas and we miss it.

Raph is not afraid of heights on a skyscraper. Raph is afraid of heights in a plane. Raph is not afraid of heights jumping onto moving Technodrome pieces high in the air. (Raph appanetly needs therapy, but we all know that. Maybe he can use his key to the city to get himself some. )

Why humans randomly have DNA of other species.

Why the Turtles somehow know the mutagen that changed Bebop and Rocksteady will turn THEM human. Which has to imply that they then have human DNA already?? And they already know about it? Since when? But it's never spoken.

And I don't care if it's a plot hole or not, but why did Mr. cautious one Leo jump out of the plane without a parachute. >.> If not for Mikey and his board his ass would not have lived. (Maybe he was feeling self destructive and "don't care anymore" over the whole human thing that was bugging him?)

Oh, and why would Donnie think it's okay to put that mutagen on his hand, as if he even knows what it may or may not do.

Technogeek29
06-09-2016, 12:51 AM
Off the top of my head:

Like how and why Krang was already familiar with Shredder and why he'd want in on taking over Earth.

When Baxter tried to teleport him, why did Shredder end up in the Technodrome of all places.

I don't think Krang told Shredder what the new ooze he was given was meant for?

Sure, lets just skip over the Turtles needing to try to get onto the first and third cargo planes in the first place. The one time they have to act like stealthy ninjas and we miss it.

Raph is not afraid of heights on a skyscraper. Raph is afraid of heights in a plane. Raph is not afraid of heights jumping onto moving Technodrome pieces high in the air. (Raph appanetly needs therapy, but we all know that. Maybe he can use his key to the city to get himself some. )

Why humans randomly have DNA of other species.

Why the Turtles somehow know the mutagen that changed Bebop and Rocksteady will turn THEM human. Which has to imply that they then have human DNA already?? And they already know about it? Since when? But it's never spoken.

Now that I think about it, it reverts you back to your primitive state correct? Wouldn't that just do this to the Turtles?

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/prehistoricearth/images/c/c3/Scutosaurus.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20101125191955

IndigoErth
06-09-2016, 01:01 AM
You would think, right?

Though I suppose if humans have random DNA from other species, then other animals might have other random DNA as well. So god only knows what they'd turn into. Someone's probably going to end up looking like Fishface's fugly ancient grandfather. lol

Technogeek29
06-09-2016, 01:09 AM
You would think, right?

Though I suppose if humans have random DNA from other species, then other animals might have other random DNA as well. So god only knows what they'd turn into. Someone's probably going to end up looking like Fishface's fugly ancient grandfather. lol

Hey if they had kept to their dumb logic and Raph didn't destroy the vile of Ooze they had, they could've gone with the red sky plotline of a second mutation and have humanity fear the Turtles because they can't control it like they did in the cartoon. Wasted potential.

neatoman
06-09-2016, 03:23 AM
Oh god, there are so many narrative problems ragrdless of wheter or not they're actually plotholes. Keep in mind, this movie is a sequel to one movie so anything unexplained had to be in that movie nor should it contradict that movie.

Who and what is Krang and why does he want to take over Earth? He wasn't a character in the last movie but we barely find out anything about him in this movie.
Why is Shredder shorter and why does he have hair?
Why did Shredder trust two idiots with everything? Not just idiots, downright Beavis and Butt-Head levels of stupidity.
What happened to Sacks?
How did humans evolve from both pigs and rhinos?
How did the turtles have human DNA? Did turtles evolve from humans, like how humans evolved from rhinos and pigs?
Why would they introduce new Ooze when the old Ooze remains a mystery?
Why did Shredder trust the alien he met for like two minutes anyway?
How was it that Krang couldn't really control his robot body at the begining of the movie, but can confidently do battle with it at the end?
If April never got her job back in the last one and she didn't even imply she got it back in any way, why is she doing a broadcast at the end? How did she get her job back?
Why did Shredder not use his robotic suit, the one thing that allowed him to fight the giant mutants in the first place?
After April stole the vial of Ooze, why didn't Shredder just make more? He said he wanted more mutants and he still had that crystal, it was only Baxter's synthetic version she stole.
How could Bebop and Rocksteady have the power to flip cars and be unharmed by a grenade but not break out of a container?
If the plan was always to break Shredder out using a portal, why not just open a portal in teh prison cell?

CyberCubed
06-09-2016, 03:25 AM
Those aren't plotholes though.