PDA

View Full Version : Cinemassacre reviews TMNT OOTS

Shark_Blade
06-09-2016, 04:46 AM
dyZjN6tHf24

They love Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady, the Technodrome, and also the remade OT theme song at the end.

Technogeek29
06-09-2016, 05:18 AM
It's already posted.

RETTEB SNATAS
06-09-2016, 11:07 PM
I saw this earlier on YouTube. I enjoy all of his stuff. They were right on with the last review. It was well done I thought and very entertaining.

qYKRNYFgEKA

And its no different here with this review imo. MUCHHH better movie. And I know what he meant by having that amazing feeling seeing Krang in live action for the first time. Something I've waited decades for. I was speechless and so were my friends.

Andrew NDB
06-09-2016, 11:19 PM
I saw this earlier on YouTube. I enjoy all of his stuff. They were right on with the last review. It was well done I thought and very entertaining.

qYKRNYFgEKA

And its no different here with this review imo. MUCHHH better movie. And I know what he meant by having that amazing feeling seeing Krang in live action for the first time. Something I've waited decades for. I was speechless and so were my friends.

I pretty much called that whole review video weeks ago to the letter. Which is (unlike what you are) not to say Rolfe is a plant or on the payroll... he just really, really, really has made it clear for years he wanted to see Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady in a TMNT movie. And has made whole intricate (often times hilarious) videos illustrating that wish. Now we've arrived at the wish fulfillment phase.

Coola Yagami
06-09-2016, 11:29 PM
I pretty much called that whole review video weeks ago to the letter. Which is (unlike what you are) not to say Rolfe is a plant or on the payroll... he just really, really, really has made it clear for years he wanted to see Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady in a TMNT movie. And has made whole intricate (often times hilarious) videos illustrating that wish. Now we've arrived at the wish fulfillment phase.

I kinda don't understand why Laird fought tooth and nail to not have Bebop and Rocksteady in the Secret of the Ooze if they were going to use even dumber henchmen. Like, it would make sense if Tokka and Rahzar were of normal intelligence and serious fighters and whatnot... but they just replaced a pair of idiot henchmen for another.

The usual old VS new arguement often relies on 'at least we finally got to see Bebop and Rocksteady!' I kinda wish they would have just gone ahead and used them back in the day. One less thing to use as their defense. And honestly, Bebop and Rocksteady would have fit right in with all the Cowabunga and Vanilla Ice shenanigans.

Andrew NDB
06-09-2016, 11:40 PM
I kinda don't understand why Laird fought tooth and nail to not have Bebop and Rocksteady in the Secret of the Ooze if they were going to use even dumber henchmen. Like, it would make sense if Tokka and Rahzar were of normal intelligence and serious fighters and whatnot... but they just replaced a pair of idiot henchmen for another.

I agree with that sentiment. They really might as well have. And maybe, who knows, it would have gotten it out of the financiers' systems. Or maybe it would have done the opposite, for the wrong reasons. We'll never know and it's academic now.

The usual old VS new arguement often relies on 'at least we finally got to see Bebop and Rocksteady!' I kinda wish they would have just gone ahead and used them back in the day. One less thing to use as their defense. And honestly, Bebop and Rocksteady would have fit right in with all the Cowabunga and Vanilla Ice shenanigans.

Can't argue with that.

It's kind of interesting to look at TMNT II as a whole now. Kevin and Laird apparently fought tooth and nail to keep Casey Jones in it... yet sort of ceded and forfeit that battle. Also fought (I have to believe this was more Laird than Kevin now) to not have Bebop and Rocksteady but rather Tokka and Rahzar be the two mutants in it (though I feel it went kind of like, "OK, f*ck! Fine! You want two stupid mutant henchmen of Shredder's?? Here's concepts for these other two that aren't Bebop and Rocksteady because F that cartoon" which isn't insensible)... it's very strange to me that they were able to move mountains on not having Bebop and Rocksteady involved (something that I would imagine financiers would VERY MUCH want in 1991) vs. them losing the Casey Jones battle (why would financiers care about Casey Jones? the comic would be a non-entity to them and he was not well known on the cartoon). I guess the very, very strange spotlight on "We need to tone down the violence and eliminate all weapon usage on Ninja Turtles 2 because Playmates" that everyone kowtowed to.

Xav
06-10-2016, 01:51 AM
I kinda don't understand why Laird fought tooth and nail to not have Bebop and Rocksteady in the Secret of the Ooze if they were going to use even dumber henchmen. Like, it would make sense if Tokka and Rahzar were of normal intelligence and serious fighters and whatnot... but they just replaced a pair of idiot henchmen for another.Because he didn't know they would be. He though they would be more intimidating based on Kevin's artwork. Of course that didn't turn out to be the case.

CyberCubed
06-10-2016, 01:59 AM
I also find it ironic they made Tokka into a mutant turtle. You'd think adding another mutant Turtle would be a big deal, but nobody really comments on Tokka being like the Turtles at all in the movie.

neatoman
06-10-2016, 02:43 AM
I also find it ironic they made Tokka into a mutant turtle. You'd think adding another mutant Turtle would be a big deal, but nobody really comments on Tokka being like the Turtles at all in the movie.

Tokka is different enough from the TMNT themselves for anyone to care. He's not the same species, he's not named after something relating to art, he's not (really) a ninja and he is not an addition to the TMNT themselves. Unlike, well...

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/51ce6099e4b0d911b4489b79/532b04cae4b00d0eac28ae8c/1427152284707/venus-de-milo-the-forgotten-female-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-preview.jpg?format=1000w

http://mutantooze.org/wiki/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/CyberKirby-MichaelDooney.jpg

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/4/48/Slash_farley.gif/revision/latest?cb=20110611225136

Granted, that last one has been more well received but they had to make some drastic changes in more recent years (ironically using elements of Tokka) so it wouldn't be so blatant.

Powder
06-12-2016, 02:50 AM
Not entirely sure why they were so casual/vague with this "review" when it's clear where they stand:

http://i.imgur.com/He5QPqV.png