PDA

View Full Version : Wait wait.... so NOW the first one sucked?

Coola Yagami
06-09-2016, 11:05 PM
I just realized.... everyone that was defending the first movie almost to the death is now turning around and saying it sucked because the sequel is going to be soooooo much better. And that's including big name reviewers and whatnot.

So.... if they ever made a third is everyone that's defending this one turn around and say 'we all know the first two sucked.....' when trying to pump up and hype up the sequel?

IndigoErth
06-09-2016, 11:14 PM
Eh... maybe a small amount of the willfully blind, but I don't really see too many defending this one as perfect. Most seem to be more honest about its flaws this time.

I go as far as defending the Turtles as portrayed much better this time, and hope they continue on that path should there be a third. The rest of the film is on its own.

Andrew NDB
06-09-2016, 11:17 PM
I just realized.... everyone that was defending the first movie almost to the death is now turning around and saying it sucked because the sequel is going to be soooooo much better. And that's including big name reviewers and whatnot.

So.... if they ever made a third is everyone that's defending this one turn around and say 'we all know the first two sucked.....' when trying to pump up and hype up the sequel?

Welcome to every movie franchise sequel internet discussion ever. Minus one element, of course.

http://ghk.h-cdn.co/assets/15/33/980x490/landscape-1439490128-plants.jpg

Shark_Blade
06-09-2016, 11:22 PM
I feel the first movie was better in some areas:
1. April in her trademark yellow color, shows April's working as a reporter extensively
2. Charismatic and funny Eric Sacks
3. Epic final battle with Shredder, better than Kraang
4. Great music themes
5. Toddler turtles

But overall I like em both. Both have pros and cons.

Coola Yagami
06-09-2016, 11:24 PM
I just remember the divide being so strong that threads were being locked and people were being banned. Now at least 98% of the fanbase looks back and agrees the first one was horrible.

RETTEB SNATAS
06-10-2016, 01:13 AM
Did we really have to create an entire thread for this? :roll:

Maybe we can create a few more hate threads shall we? Lol

The first one was a mess, this one was miles better. Its practically a universal opinion from people who actually saw the damn movie

Commenter 42
06-10-2016, 01:18 AM
All 10 of them.

Technogeek29
06-10-2016, 03:03 AM
Did we really have to create an entire thread for this? :roll:

Maybe we can create a few more hate threads shall we? Lol

The first one was a mess, this one was miles better. Its practically a universal opinion from people who actually saw the damn movie

Trust me stroll over to the nick part we've made far more trivial. The comic section is usually the most civil, partly because most fans agree the IDW comics are good.

Coola Yagami
06-10-2016, 07:56 AM
All 10 of them.

That's just the thing. It was way more than just 10. It was enough to lock threads and ban people. Now everyone openly admito the first one sucked when getting all hyped up for the sequel.

This isn't really a hate thread. How can it be if the ones that so strongly supported the first one are eating their words?

samxsteal
06-10-2016, 08:20 AM
That's just the thing. It was way more than just 10. It was enough to lock threads and ban people. Now everyone openly admito the first one sucked when getting all hyped up for the sequel.

This isn't really a hate thread. How can it be if the ones that so strongly supported the first one are eating their words?

Thery'e not saying it sucked they're saying that it had flaws which most admitted after it was released. Hell I addmitted there were flaws but unlike some people, Others can look past those and enjoy something for what it is. I still enjoy the 2014 movie. Still stand by it as an enjoyable movie. But this one is much better and fixes alot of the flaws from the last movie. Had this been the one released back in 2014 it would have killed the box office.

TurtleTitan97
06-10-2016, 08:28 AM
Had this been the one released back in 2014 it would have killed the box office.

Against Guardians of the Galaxy? I highly doubt that.

DarthRaphael
06-10-2016, 08:35 AM
Its only a movie.

If people spent this much time analyzing and debating real topics like politics for example, we would have a much better world to live in.

Shark_Blade
06-10-2016, 08:51 AM
Omg politics I'll be like zzzZzz nite guise...

TheSkeletonMan939
06-10-2016, 10:31 AM
If people spent this much time analyzing and debating real topics like politics for example, we would have a much better world to live in.

Every time the people of the Technodrome start to debate politics in any capacity, the thread usually ends up closed.

Vicky82
06-10-2016, 10:37 AM
Politics bore me too, even the crappy EU referendum is annoying, it's been going on for months and I can't wait till it's over.

Candy Kappa
06-10-2016, 10:51 AM
Its only a movie.

Because people can't be passionate about multiple things. :roll:

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
06-10-2016, 12:25 PM
That is another thing that makes me mad about this whole thing.

All the hoopla/media attention that the new Ghostbusters is getting (being the most 'disliked movie trailer in youtube history, etc')?

Where was all of that when the 2014 film came out? The 2014 Turtles film deserved as much flack/negative attention that the new Ghostbusters film is getting.

Even with some (I repeat SOME) of the detractors of the trailer when it first came out? The film still made a ton of money (to invoke this sequel) and most of the reviews were 'It wasn't AS bad as I thought' which turned to 'decent' which turned to 'I expected much worse, it was good'.

But it wasn't. It was a pile of crap with Zero Redeeming Qualities.

Andrew NDB
06-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Where was all of that when the 2014 film came out? The 2014 Turtles film deserved as much flack/negative attention that the new Ghostbusters film is getting.

Eh, not really. TMNT has sort of always had bad movies... Ghostbusters has been kept pretty well insulated from sh*t for decades.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
06-10-2016, 12:37 PM
Eh, not really. TMNT has sort of always had bad movies... Ghostbusters has been kept pretty well insulated from sh*t for decades.

Yes, really.

First off, lot of people hated Ghostbusters 2 and called that a bad movie (I like it).

Second, unlike you I love Turtles 1 AND Secret of the Ooze. Lot of folks didn't mind the 2007 flick. The 2007 CG was a masterpiece compared to the 2014 flick.

Third, The Turtles never looked THAT crappy. If someone brings up Turtles 3? Considering the HUGE difference in Budget...the 2014 still looked worse considering they HAD the budget to do better.

Fourth, that trailer with Mikey saying 'it's just a mask' is the worst thing. Ever. Fact.

Fifth, actually no. It wasn't the worst thing ever. Watching the actual movie was. That's the Fact, Jack.

Andrew NDB
06-10-2016, 12:41 PM
First off, lot of people hated Ghostbusters 2 and called that a bad movie (I like it).

It's funny... I went about 20 years never knowing that I was supposed to hate Ghostbusters 2 (until the internet told me that). I know Murray wasn't happy with it and obviously didn't set the world on fire like the first one but I've never really had a problem with it.

ZariusTwo
06-10-2016, 01:01 PM
It's funny... I went about 20 years never knowing that I was supposed to hate Ghostbusters 2 (until the internet told me that). I know Murray wasn't happy with it and obviously didn't set the world on fire like the first one but I've never really had a problem with it.

How anyone can hate a movie which has this...

FcyktkVGUBM

...Is beyond me

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
06-10-2016, 01:05 PM
Again, always liked Ghostbusters 2 (honestly? It's how I also feel on a lot of sequels...Secret of the Ooze, Predator 2, Short Circuit 2, Gremlins 2, and so forth...a good/fun sequel that gets a bad rap).

But the consensus (critically, online, and abroad) all these years have been 'it's just a poorer remake of the first movie with more FX and less laughs'.