PDA

View Full Version : Just a question for the defenders of this movie.

neatoman
06-10-2016, 07:14 AM
Would you have liked this movie if it was exactly the same, every plot point, every scene, every actor, every line of dialouge (with obvious modifications of course), everything except for one thing.

If it was, for example, a Street Sharks movie instead?

ZariusTwo
06-10-2016, 07:50 AM
What's wrong with Street Sharks?

Mew
06-10-2016, 08:01 AM
Could be cool, I don't know much about Street Sharks, though.
I like the Ninja Turtles movie for the Ninja Turtles.

neatoman
06-10-2016, 08:09 AM
What's wrong with Street Sharks?

Dipstick.

The point is that I doubt a lot of people would care for this movie if it wasn't a TMNT movie. I just picked the Street Sharks because this movie could easily have been a Street Sharks movie with very little alteration to the script, I might as well have said Biker Mice From Mars, Mighty Ducks, Extreme Dinosaurs or any other naked imitation of TMNT.

Shark_Blade
06-10-2016, 09:49 AM
Street Sharks are related to Armaggon? :-?

Vicky82
06-10-2016, 10:18 AM
I never watched Street Sharks so I probably wouldn't even see it anyway.

Walkabout
06-10-2016, 10:31 AM
I still haven't seen the first PD TMNT movie (or this one) and refuse to because of the look of the Turtles.

I just find it a complete affront, I've been a fan since 89 I think and have been affable about every incarnation along the way but I just cannot stomach this SHREK/HULK abomination look they have gone for and point blank reject these movies on that principle alone.

I've been a Transformers fan since the mid 80's too, and I made the mistake of watching two of those ABONIMATIONS...I value my mind/brain too much to subject it to utter rubbish for no good reason anymore.

EDIT: Cubed s right, it's the F#%$& nostrils!

Shark_Blade
06-10-2016, 11:03 AM
How would they breathe without nostrils?

AleXviD
06-10-2016, 12:47 PM
The point is that I doubt a lot of people would care for this movie if it wasn't a TMNT movie. I just picked the Street Sharks because this movie could easily have been a Street Sharks movie with very little alteration to the script, I might as well have said Biker Mice From Mars, Mighty Ducks, Extreme Dinosaurs or any other naked imitation of TMNT.
That's actually a pretty good idea. Can we have a Biker Mice movie at least this good? Pretty please?

Then again, I certainly woudn't wantch to watch a live action movie based on any iteration of MOTU. They can't even come up with good script, let alone visuals.

Andrew NDB
06-10-2016, 12:52 PM
They totally should have done Battletoads. And even if PD f*cked it up, would anyone really care?

Powder
06-10-2016, 02:32 PM
The flaws of this film are not exclusive to the fact they approached the franchise improperly, it's got bad writing/acting/etc. Any source material would suffer somewhat. But with that said, it'd be far easier to give a passing grade were it in fact based in something else, something that never had much depth & is more about the romping- like Street Sharks.

Bry
06-10-2016, 02:44 PM
There is no context in which this movie would be jawesome.

:tsad:

The Deadman
06-10-2016, 02:53 PM
They totally should have done Battletoads. And even if PD f*cked it up, would anyone really care?

I dont think anyone could f*ck up Battletoads.

Candy Kappa
06-10-2016, 03:17 PM

Brad Fuller will find a way.

Cryomancer
06-10-2016, 03:19 PM

Try watching the cartoon pilot sometime.