PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite scenes or aspects of the film?

IndigoErth
06-11-2016, 10:39 AM
Going out on a limb here to make a thread that may unintentionally set off a few "omgawd positive discussion :x" alarms/red flags and probably foolishly choosing to step into risky territory at present, but I don't know about anyone else but I'm personally getting a little burned out at the moment on current discussion largely revolving around what it did wrong, how it's failing, what's next, now snarky can we be, etc.

I'm not suggesting we all join hands and willingly drink the juice (or any juice), you know I see plenty of weakness in this one as many of the rest ya, but...
That said, if you have seen it, what were your favorite moments or scenes? Or even just that one little thing that someone did or said, or subtle nuance not everyone may have noticed. What in particular stuck with you?
In a positive way, please... (I know, that juxtaposition of the movie and the concept of "positive" are hard to swallow for some, I understand. Try not to choke.) Yeah, I see you "I liked that it ended" people. :trazz: Even a truly bad film may have one gem hidden in there, and I'm sure this movie has a few more than that.

Hits submit and hopes all hell doesn't break loose.

thundermaster612
06-11-2016, 10:57 AM
I liked... hmmm
ALL OF THE SCENES AND ASPECTS

Mew
06-11-2016, 11:19 AM
I liked... hmmm
ALL OF THE SCENES AND ASPECTS
I didn't like that there was no Shredder fight and not much Krang, but most everything else was good!

Utrommaniac
06-11-2016, 11:23 AM
If there was anything to appreciate, it was the look on Michelangelo's face when he dropped the pizza in the basketball court. I think there was another moment like that; just a silent moment of "Oh sh*t..."

Powder
06-11-2016, 01:02 PM
I did like some stuff, let's see...

-Knicks game
-Bebop & Rocksteady in the jungle
-Donnie said "ass" :tlol:
-Krang's gallery
-Splinter taking "Casey" down
-Splinter trimming his bonsai (poor song choice here though)
-Turtle/turtle interactions free of human interference

I could probably list a few other little things but I've forgotten a lot of the innocuous stuff, I mostly remember what I hated.

sdp
06-11-2016, 01:08 PM
I genuinely like this interpretation of the turtles and can overlook the faults.

-Krang's gallery.

are there any easter eggs? I couldn't make anything out on the cinema but it would've been cool if you could see a Triceraton or something.

TigerClaw
06-11-2016, 01:13 PM
When the blu-ray comes out, I'm sure somebody will freeze frame it, and find all the easter eggs from that scene.

Powder
06-11-2016, 01:19 PM
are there any easter eggs? I couldn't make anything out on the cinema but it would've been cool if you could see a Triceraton or something.

The whole thing is one big Easter egg, supposedly. Lots of people claim to have seen a Triceraton, I myself thought I saw Slash or Tokka (some sorta giant spikey turtle). I've read one or two claims of Fugitoid as well. All I know is if they did in fact stuff it full of characters, they should've done a panoramic rather than one brief center frame glance.

Xiewin
06-11-2016, 03:25 PM
All the turtle scenes.

But the one scene that stuck with me the most was the ending.

After watching Batdick v Superdope and Civil war, it was refreshing to see a positive ending.

Galactus
06-11-2016, 09:01 PM
1. When we first see the Shredder in custody, despite the fact that he's in chains I thought it did a good job of conveying that he was a someone they feared. The scene seemed reminiscent of his entrance in the 1990 movie even the music was similar to the classic Shredder suite.

(It was somewhat undermined by Amell's presence "gee whiz I'm a real police man" and to some extent Bebop and Rocksteady being there. Too bad they pissed away a lot of the idea Shredder was a badass so soon after that)

2. I still call foul this being the first action set piece of the movie but the car chase was mostly well done. Things like the extend-o arms and especially Mike's comedy gunning but beyond that it was very well done. In fact I recall back to the first movie supposedly being a mix of the Dark Knight and the Avengers in tone and I actually think this captured that very well.

3. This is going to sound like a strange one but the scene where the turtles are in the lair just as the portal opens.

(I've heard a criticism of this scene that they should have been out looking for Shredder and I agree but I can also see that this might be a situation that perhaps they think they can't make a move until Shredder makes his.)

The turtles sitting doing various things in silence effectively conveyed tension of expecting an incoming attack as well as the fact they were not getting along. Since we were promised quieter moments with the characters bit largely got them doing quirky things this scene was actually welcome and felt more natural. You could probably argue how the mutagen disagreement was resolved but I think to me it conveyed they just they were in the same page.

4. I suppose I could count this as a separate scene but likewise the meeting between the NYPD and the turtles was well done for being slower and much more understated. While some of the dialog was cheesy I can buy that the turtles were convincing enough for Rebecca Vincent to come around and was a nice build up to the Technodrome piece flying overhead.

TheCanadiandrome
06-14-2016, 05:46 PM
Well i loved Bebop and Rocksteady's chemistry in this movie and the nod to the OT series with the Eyeball for the Technodrome, that even if it's not included on the toy playset, it was still cool to see in the movie. now if that thing had grown treads and started driving around NY i'd have marked out harder lol

THGhost
06-14-2016, 07:45 PM
I did like some stuff, let's see...

-Knicks game
-Bebop & Rocksteady in the jungle
-Donnie said "ass" :tlol:
-Krang's gallery
-Splinter taking "Casey" down
-Splinter trimming his bonsai (poor song choice here though)
-Turtle/turtle interactions free of human interference

I could probably list a few other little things but I've forgotten a lot of the innocuous stuff, I mostly remember what I hated.

Pretty much this. Krang looked cool as well, I really liked his design.

Matt2310
06-15-2016, 07:09 AM
i look goooood bro

TigerClaw
06-16-2016, 05:13 PM
I liked every scene with Bebop and Rocksteady, I thought it was funny after they both mutated, they look between there pants and say. "My man!".

If you turned into a mutated animal, you would make sure your junk is still there. :tlol:

Andrew NDB
06-16-2016, 05:30 PM
I like the "catastrophic box office failure" of it. That's all, though.

ProactiveMan
06-16-2016, 08:37 PM
I thought the movie had a lot of good elements, but the overall structure of the script was shambolic. It has some pretty well written and well resolved scenes amongst some of the dumbest plotting Iíve seen in recent memory.

Bebop and Rocksteady were probably the highlight of the movie for me; I liked how physically powerful they were, and how ultimately the Turtles never really beat them in a fight. I thought there was some genuinely good acting from the Turtles in some of the more dramatic scenes. Like when Leo balls out Raph for going off on his own and getting April etc. arrested, you can see Raph start to get angry, then kindía swallow it, and accept that he screwed up. Also, Michelangeloís reaction when he overhears Leo and Donís conversation was really well done. You can see how hurt and desperate he is.

The Technodromeís appearance made me happy, even though it was stupidly brief, and the fight with Krang was pretty cool.

Electric
06-17-2016, 02:29 PM
I know some hated the side plot, but the scene where raph confronts Leo about the ooze turning them human was fantastic.

I really liked all the turtle interactions here. Looked and sounded great (I think the 4 voice actors for them are perfect)

Thought Casey doesn't look like Stephen smell, the scene where we was trashing the bar convinced me he was a good Casey.

River and plane scenes were great.

Final fight was a little boring, but the rest of the movie I think compensated

chrisdude
06-17-2016, 06:29 PM
Bebop and Rocksteady were fantastic. While I generally appreciate the depth that Nickelodeon heads to OT elements, it just wasn't necessary for these guys.

I love that the turtles actually acted like teenagers. The turtles picking on Vernon from the rafters is one of my favorite scenes.

Mikey is the heart of the team, and not just an idiot.

The scene with the turtles teaming up with the police made my eyes water.

I still love the designs of these turtles. They pack in so much personality. And I'm a sucker for all of Donnie's tech and gadgets, like his drone. Mikey's board is so much fun to watch. I geeked out when I realized he could not just boost jump, but straight-up fly.

I dug the subplot of of the turtles dividing. Raph and Mikey on their own was cool to see, and I loved the moment of them deciding to reveal themselves.

The final scene was a perfect way to end it.

Jumping from plane to plane? Riding on flying technodrome pieces? That amazing roof-running scene they opened with? I can't get enough of watching these turtles do huge, larger than life action scenes.

TigerClaw
06-17-2016, 06:45 PM
Bebop and Rocksteady were fantastic. While I generally appreciate the depth that Nickelodeon heads to OT elements, it just wasn't necessary for these guys.

I love that the turtles actually acted like teenagers. The turtles picking on Vernon from the rafters is one of my favorite scenes.

Mikey is the heart of the team, and not just an idiot.

The scene with the turtles teaming up with the police made my eyes water.

I still love the designs of these turtles. They pack in so much personality. And I'm a sucker for all of Donnie's tech and gadgets, like his drone. Mikey's board is so much fun to watch. I geeked out when I realized he could not just boost jump, but straight-up fly.

I dug the subplot of of the turtles dividing. Raph and Mikey on their own was cool to see, and I loved the moment of them deciding to reveal themselves.

The final scene was a perfect way to end it.

Jumping from plane to plane? Riding on flying technodrome pieces? That amazing roof-running scene they opened with? I can't get enough of watching these turtles do huge, larger than life action scenes.
When they jump onto the moving pieces of the Technodrome, It reminded me of those video games, where you jump on top of moving platforms in the air.

Jephael
06-17-2016, 10:41 PM
Any moment with Bebop and Rocksteady was great to me. I like this version of them way more than the cocky Russian arms dealer and the obnoxious Michael Jackson wannabe we got in the 2012 cartoon!

killerkobra
06-21-2016, 03:11 PM
-Overall I liked that this movie was more cartoony than the 2014 one. Was a better mood for this film
-Less camera time for April and Vern, which created more camera time for the TMNT
-Improved look of Splinter (still not a huge fan but I liked the improvment)
-The whole opening sequence and basketball scene was great. Will Arnot as Vern was how he should have been in the first movie
-Beepop and Rockysteady were alright. Same with Krang. I liked them, not loved them. I think the movie gets way to much credit simply because they were in the movie.

Sadly this was pretty much it... Everything I liked was pretty much just improvments from the 2014 movie.