PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for a new Bebop and Rocksteady?

Andrew NDB
06-11-2016, 12:04 PM
Do you feel that they should be recast in the next movie?

The Deadman
06-11-2016, 12:12 PM
They were enjoyable in OOTS so no.

Mew
06-11-2016, 12:17 PM
They were enjoyable in OOTS so no.
They were really fun as well. So hell no.

TigerClaw
06-11-2016, 01:28 PM
I don't think so, Gary A Williams and Sheamus were perfectly cast, nobody can do those characters like them.

TurtleTitan97
06-11-2016, 01:29 PM
If they go the reboot route, they should hold off on them for awhile.

Commenter 42
06-11-2016, 01:49 PM
Andrew has become the ultimate Drome troll. :lol::lol::lol:

Are you that angry, just going to keep winding them up? :lol:

tooo funny.

neatoman
06-11-2016, 01:49 PM

But Andrew...
Wouldn't you prefer it if they were entirely absent?

Powder
06-11-2016, 01:54 PM
They were just fine to me, honestly. Plus I like Sheamus 'cause he owns a piece of art I worked on. :tlol:

TigerClaw
06-11-2016, 02:03 PM
It's obvious that Andrew despises Bebop and Rocksteady, the only characters who were not in his precious Mirage Turtles, just saying. :tlol:

Coola Yagami
06-11-2016, 02:11 PM
Without the precious mirage turtles we wouldn't be here... just saying.

Also if there's a reboot of course they'll be recast. That's just how it is and prevents people from confusing the continuity of a new film series.

neatoman
06-11-2016, 02:13 PM
It's obvious that Andrew despises Bebop and Rocksteady, the only characters who were not in his precious Mirage Turtles, just saying. :tlol:

What about Krang? He wasn't in the Mirage comics.

TigerClaw
06-11-2016, 02:14 PM
What about Krang? He wasn't in the Mirage comics.
That too, even though he's technically an Utrom.

Powder
06-11-2016, 02:15 PM

Right? I on the other hand loved the City At War arc, when Carmelo Anthony throws laser shuriken at Eric Sachs.

TigerClaw
06-11-2016, 02:21 PM
I learn of the Turtles via the Fred Wolf series, I tried getting into the Mirage comics, but I wasn't feeling it, cause in my mind, I thought the Fred Wolf was a straight up adaption of what was in that comic, but it wasn't what I was expecting in terms of the tone.

Then they made the Archie series comics, which had the tone I was looking for, which was like the cartoon, only in a different direction.

You see, we all have a view of what TMNT is, some see the comics first cause they read the comics before it become a series, and others learned via the cartoon, and will always call back to that since it was there first exposure.

No matter what, the fandom is split in two.

there are fans that love Bebop and Rocksteady, and there are others that don't cause they are too goofy for them.

The IDW comics did a pretty good job with those characters.

Sighphi
06-11-2016, 02:27 PM
Why?

The voices were fine. I really liked Bebop's voice.

neatoman
06-11-2016, 02:41 PM
Why?

The voices were fine. I really liked Bebop's voice.

I don't like his performance in this movie but I think Gary Anthony Williams can be hilarious, I blame bad direction.

EsbZ2C9bH1k

Candy Kappa
06-11-2016, 02:56 PM
By the trailers they seem alright.

IndigoErth
06-11-2016, 04:54 PM
PD Turtles seems to be a revolving door of celebrities/actors anyhow, everyone just waiting their turn. So who's next to play who or be in it? (But don't be touchin' mah Turtles. April... go ahead. As if that one would ever happen.)

B & R... nah, just calm them down a little. Hyperactive is not the same thing as goofy.

plastroncafe
06-11-2016, 05:06 PM
But Andrew...
Wouldn't you prefer it if they were entirely absent?

I know I would, but then again it's hardly a secret I have no patience for incompetent henchmen.

IndigoErth
06-11-2016, 05:09 PM
I know I would, but then again it's hardly a secret I have no patience for incompetent henchmen.
I vote for you to be Karai or Shredder next.

plastroncafe
06-11-2016, 05:20 PM
I vote for you to be Karai or Shredder next.

Awww, that's sweet, but...I'm far too white for either role.

MsMarvelDuckie
06-11-2016, 08:23 PM
Except they weren't even really incompetant here. They did finish every job they were given, even if they got a little overzealous a couple of times. (IE firing the tank's gun in the plane and chasing after Casey.) They weren't especially bright, but they still got the job done. They might be a bit lacking in foresight though.

Coola Yagami
06-11-2016, 09:07 PM
Awww, that's sweet, but...I'm far too white for either role.

That hasn't stopped Hollywood before...

Shark_Blade
06-12-2016, 12:28 AM
I rather have them still, they are precious to me.

Leolead
06-12-2016, 02:25 AM
Bebop and Rockheady weren't even that bad. I thoughtthey were funny in OOTS But I hated them in FW, so annoying.

ToTheNines
06-12-2016, 04:56 AM
I rather have them still, they are precious to me.

Oh my god. You need you're own drinking game too, don't you?

plastroncafe
06-12-2016, 12:49 PM
That hasn't stopped Hollywood before...

I will be the change I wish to see in the world.

IndigoErth
06-12-2016, 12:53 PM
they are precious to me.
http://i.imgur.com/RxLMRMm.gif

http://i.imgur.com/iLALvKG.jpg
Sorry, I couldn't help myself...

Leolead
06-12-2016, 12:57 PM
What the heck

HeroTurtlesFan
06-13-2016, 07:28 AM

Not at all. No reboot, no recast thanks.

chrisdude
06-13-2016, 08:50 AM
Their casting may be the most universally enjoyed aspect of the film. It's like asking if they should recast Wonder Woman.

Andrew NDB
06-13-2016, 06:38 PM
What about Krang? Should he be recast?

Cryomancer
06-13-2016, 06:41 PM
I learn of the Turtles via the Fred Wolf series, I tried getting into the Mirage comics, but I wasn't feeling it, cause in my mind, I thought the Fred Wolf was a straight up adaption of what was in that comic, but it wasn't what I was expecting in terms of the tone.

Then they made the Archie series comics, which had the tone I was looking for, which was like the cartoon, only in a different direction.

You see, we all have a view of what TMNT is, some see the comics first cause they read the comics before it become a series, and others learned via the cartoon, and will always call back to that since it was there first exposure.

No matter what, the fandom is split in two.

there are fans that love Bebop and Rocksteady, and there are others that don't cause they are too goofy for them.

The IDW comics did a pretty good job with those characters.

Not everyone sticks to their first exposure. I for one was big into the show and video games in my youth, and these days am well into the "Mirage Supremacy" camp. Opinions can change, especially if you were basing them on not even knowing the alternative at all, as many people didn't even know the comics existed let alone that they were good.

ProactiveMan
06-13-2016, 08:09 PM
I thought Bebop and Rocksteady were one of the highlights of the movie. There is some good stuff in this thing, but itís strung together with really weak writing. Rather than recast, or reboot etc. just spend more time on the script.

Powder
06-13-2016, 09:04 PM
Not everyone sticks to their first exposure. I for one was big into the show and video games in my youth, and these days am well into the "Mirage Supremacy" camp. Opinions can change, especially if you were basing them on not even knowing the alternative at all, as many people didn't even know the comics existed let alone that they were good.

Same.

I still love all the kid stuff, but I have been enlightened, & in my world, Mirage reigns supreme.

ToTheNines
06-13-2016, 10:02 PM
Also same. Keep in mind, this was an assessment made by TigerClaw we're refuting here, and that he is an imbecile.

Commenter 42
06-13-2016, 10:05 PM
You really shouldn't disrespect imbeciles.

In the world of Mutant Turtles, Mirage is king.

ToTheNines
06-13-2016, 10:11 PM
You really shouldn't disrespect imbeciles.

In the world of Mutant Turtles, Mirage is king.

I've kinda been on a TigerClaw hate spree after he shared that stupid IGN up at noon video where he praised the two jabronis for "getting" TMNT. The same video featured the phrase "Ninja Turtles has always been kind of polishing a turd".

He should be banned.

Commenter 42
06-13-2016, 10:16 PM
I've kinda been on a TigerClaw hate spree after he shared that stupid IGN up at noon video where he praised the two jabronis for "getting" TMNT. The same video featured the phrase "Ninja Turtles has always been kind of polishing a turd".

He should be banned.

I said you shouldn't disrespect imbeciles; I never mentioned TC. ;)

ToTheNines
06-13-2016, 10:19 PM
Makes sense, even an imbecile knows when they've been royally insulted.

Commenter 42
06-13-2016, 10:43 PM
Thing is, the dude seems pretty happy; he's found bliss.

True, guys like that work counter to our hopes for quality, but they're inevitable, and from an economic standpoint, they add value to the brand as a whole, keping it in play. There are about 8 brands leading the toy market right now, and TMNT is one of them.

The TC's of the world feed that machine, a machine that would have rusted if it were left simply to the Mirage purists, like me.

Or maybe that's all ********. Who knows.

Andrew NDB
06-13-2016, 10:56 PM
Thing is, the dude seems pretty happy; he's found bliss.

True, guys like that work counter to our hopes for quality, but they're inevitable, and from an economic standpoint, they add value to the brand as a whole, keping it in play. There are about 8 brands leading the toy market right now, and TMNT is one of them.

The TC's of the world feed that machine, a machine that would have rusted if it were left simply to the Mirage purists, like me.

Or maybe that's all ********. Who knows.

But is it time for a new Bebop and Rocksteady?

;)

Ninjinister
06-13-2016, 11:20 PM
Considering all of the villains got recast from 1-2, if they do a part 3 they just might end up being new actors in the roles.

Honestly if I were in charge and would have needed (either because I thought it was the right thing to do or was forced by the studio) to bring in a mutant duo for a movie I'd have gone back to the well with Rahzar and Tokka. As much as I personally though B&R were the best part of Out of the Shadows, they would have not been the choice I'd have made.

Ceres
06-14-2016, 04:46 AM
They should re-cast Krangs voice. A more fitting one and not so deep as his current voice actor. To the thread topic, hell no, B and R needs to stay like that. Perfect fit in my opinion.

Commenter 42
06-14-2016, 04:57 AM
But is it time for a new Bebop and Rocksteady?

;)

Only if Playmates promises to do a super job on the toys...

FredWolfLeonardo
06-14-2016, 08:09 AM
We need eric sachs back, living the stupid rich life. It would be fun seeing him interact with Bebop and Rocksteady much more than Brian Tee Shredder.

IndigoErth
06-14-2016, 10:26 AM
We need eric sachs back, living the stupid rich life. It would be fun seeing him interact with Bebop and Rocksteady much more than Brian Tee Shredder.
They would drive him crazy. :D :lol:

Hmm. If Karai takes over in Shredder's absence, she's going to need a second in command, so who better than the faux-son of Shredder. Then they track down their henchman.

In this case, definitely don't change Bebop and Rocksteady. Rich boy Sack's might be pretty indignant about having to work/deal with stinky ol' mutants he'd likely see as beneath him. Their ridiculousness will be key to Sacks' undoing.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/03ebacf20b390b9f441509c279ab1295/tumblr_nizyf2Kvu11rr1vpbo1_400.gif

Andrew NDB
07-05-2016, 05:05 PM
In this case, definitely don't change Bebop and Rocksteady. Rich boy Sack's might be pretty indignant about having to work/deal with stinky ol' mutants he'd likely see as beneath him. Their ridiculousness will be key to Sacks' undoing.

Maybe add Alex Winters too?

Panda_Kahn_fan
07-05-2016, 05:34 PM

Yep, I totally agree opinions can change on that suff. I used to be a fan of the OT, the old movies, and some of Mirage. But once I discovered the IDW series asnd the Archie reprints, I've dropped the others and never looked back. Though with the PD/Bay TMNT movies, looking forward isn't so hot, either. Maybe Sachs needs Bebop and Rocksteady's stupid so he can be even 'stupid richer' XD.

Cryomancer
07-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Maybe add Alex Winters too?

Bebop & Rocksteady's Excellent Adventure?

CyberCubed
07-06-2016, 12:49 AM
I'm just glad the Platinum Dunes people finally answered the 20+ year old question as to whether or not Bebop and Rocksteady still kept their human penises after mutation. We now know the answer. "My man."

snake
07-06-2016, 01:27 AM
Bebop & Rocksteady's Excellent Adventure?

IDW is sort of doing that right now.

thundermaster612
07-06-2016, 08:24 AM
They should keep them, Bebop's lines were the best and I like how Rocksteady was displayed...

"THIS PIG IS FLYIIIIIIIIIIING"

PangolinFeets
07-06-2016, 08:58 AM
They were the only reason I enjoyed the movie....

Andrew NDB
07-11-2016, 05:56 PM
They were the only reason I enjoyed the movie....

http://www.sparklebox.co.uk/topic/living/plants/wpimages/wp47b72729_05_06.jpg

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
07-11-2016, 06:00 PM
Razor Ramon and Kevin Nash as the new Bebop and Rocksteady...4 Life.

Andrew NDB
07-13-2016, 11:11 AM
Razor Ramon and Kevin Nash as the new Bebop and Rocksteady...4 Life.

I think they would be better than the current actors. The current actors didn't look like they were trying in the trailers.

We need a Bebop and Rocksteady with acting chops. Maybe Larry the Cable Guy and Bubba Ray Dudley.

Andrew NDB
07-16-2016, 11:22 PM
-1N02NxPCV8

Commenter 42
07-16-2016, 11:39 PM
I'm starting to worry about this dude.

RETTEB SNATAS
07-17-2016, 04:02 AM
http://www.sparklebox.co.uk/topic/living/plants/wpimages/wp47b72729_05_06.jpg

lol You're like a sniffling little 6 year old you know that? And that wonderful profile pic tells me all I need to know :lol:

Wow, looks like the little cynical bi*tches around here are so ridiculously childish, miserable and bored with their sad pathetic lives that instead of moving on they'd rather just create one stupid thread after another in a pathetic attempt to shut down and lock a sub forum for a film that they dont like. Lol what a bunch of sad individuals. And apparently the mods have lost all desire to baby sit you idiots lol. What a shame. You're an absolute embarrassment to the TMNT fandom/community.

Andrew NDB
07-17-2016, 12:19 PM
lol You're like a sniffling little 6 year old you know that? And that wonderful profile pic tells me all I need to know :lol:

Wow, looks like the little cynical bi*tches around here are so ridiculously childish, miserable and bored with their sad pathetic lives that instead of moving on they'd rather just create one stupid thread after another in a pathetic attempt to shut down and lock a sub forum for a film that they dont like. Lol what a bunch of sad individuals. And apparently the mods have lost all desire to baby sit you idiots lol. What a shame. You're an absolute embarrassment to the TMNT fandom/community.

Your join date tells me all I need to know.