PDA

View Full Version : It's official - Shredder is Oroku Saki in PD universe

evan2000
06-11-2016, 11:45 AM
Not sure where else to post this since the review and discussion thread are still locked :roll:

In my 2nd viewing I've had more time to spot for easter eggs and yep, I've spotted Shredder's real name in his criminal sheet (Casey picked it up for a quick glance while transporting Shredder in the police truck - prior to the Foot ambush). It was clearly printed - Oroku Saki.

Too bad nobody actually called him that in the movie though :ohwell:

The other thing I tried to spot was Krang's "toy chest" - apparently all of them looked like Triceratons to me, although most of them are blurry except the obvious one at the left which is no doubt a Triceraton. The rest may or may not be, but my observation is that they all looked pretty much alike :-?

AlZarkovski
06-11-2016, 01:09 PM
Thanks! And in other criminal sheet we can see real name Rocksteady - "Owen" (I did not have time to read the last name)

Powder
06-11-2016, 01:18 PM
Good eye, I guess! Too bad it didn't help the film or get acknowledged whatsoever.

Thanks! And in other criminal sheet we can see real name Rocksteady - "Owen" (I did not have time to read the last name)

Owen? Everyone said it read "Ivan Steranko", the same name his human self has in the Nick series, which is stupid 'cause they're obviously of different cultural heritage.

AlZarkovski
06-11-2016, 01:23 PM
Owen? Everyone said it read "Ivan Steranko", the same name his human self has in the Nick series, which is stupid 'cause they're obviously of different cultural heritage.

Interesting. Maybe I was wrong.

Coola Yagami
06-11-2016, 01:24 PM
I hate to be 'that guy' but this was already brought up before.

TrickOrTreater
06-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Did they say his name out loud at all?

No?

Then it was a glorified easter egg and nothing more.

Bry
06-11-2016, 04:29 PM
Imagine if there was a Spider-Man movie featuring the Green Goblin where you practically had to freeze-frame to see the name "Norman Osborn".

They made the Shredder into such a non-entity in these movies that his actual identity did not matter. No motivation, no history, no character to speak of at all.

Andrew NDB
06-11-2016, 08:04 PM
And his adopted dad is Eric Sachs... who apparently isn't seen or even mentioned in this one at all.

evan2000
06-11-2016, 10:31 PM
I hate to be 'that guy' but this was already brought up before.

Really? Without a central review/discussion thread it's hard to keep up with all the loose threads and not miss anything anyone said.

And his adopted dad is Eric Sachs... who apparently isn't seen or even mentioned in this one at all.

You got it in reverse. His adopted son, not adopted dad.

:teek:

Unless you're baiting me into this topic so you can complain that their age gap makes no sense and I walked right into it :x

Shark_Blade
06-11-2016, 11:23 PM
Yeah I saw Casey Jones reading the criminal bio and it states "Oroku Saki". :D

Xav
06-11-2016, 11:34 PM
They made the Shredder into such a non-entity in these movies that his actual identity did not matter. No motivation, no history, no character to speak of at all.His motivation was that society wanted to reduce the Foot Clan to a myth.

Bry
06-12-2016, 06:59 AM
His motivation was that society wanted to reduce the Foot Clan to a myth.

That was the first BayTurtles, though, wasn't it? I mean, it'd stand to reason his motivation would remain the same (even if that motivation is thin as hell) but is it ever made clear in this movie? Or is it a just "I will conquer the world, because evil"?

Etsyturtle2
06-12-2016, 04:13 PM
That was the first BayTurtles, though, wasn't it? I mean, it'd stand to reason his motivation would remain the same (even if that motivation is thin as hell) but is it ever made clear in this movie? Or is it a just "I will conquer the world, because evil"?

REvenge for the Turtles, Krang partnership, Still wanting to be a powerful crime organization, etc.

TrickOrTreater
06-12-2016, 08:17 PM
REvenge for the Turtles, Krang partnership, Still wanting to be a powerful crime organization, etc.

Any of this said or made apparent IN the movie?