PDA

View Full Version : Should I Open the Polybag?

rocklobster13
06-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Just a quick question for the collectors out there...

I recently got my hands on one of the Creed/TMNT limited editions that is still sealed in the original polybag with the COA. I can't decide if I should 1) open the Polybag and put the book into mylar, or 2) keep it sealed and put the comic (still in the polybag) inside a Mylar sleeve. What do you guys think?

Part of me thinks that it is cool to have a still sealed copy, but at the same time, I don't want to bag to damage the book over time.

rich
06-12-2016, 11:14 PM
Just a quick question for the collectors out there...

I recently got my hands on one of the Creed/TMNT limited editions that is still sealed in the original polybag with the COA. I can't decide if I should 1) open the Polybag and put the book into mylar, or 2) keep it sealed and put the comic (still in the polybag) inside a Mylar sleeve. What do you guys think?

Part of me thinks that it is cool to have a still sealed copy, but at the same time, I don't want to bag to damage the book over time.

I say if you aren't needing to read it then just leave it in the bag.

Nortock Diab
06-13-2016, 02:44 AM
I would say open it because it is so damn cool!

In my opinion, a book is made to be read. I have no pleasure in owning a book I cannot flip through.

rocklobster13
06-13-2016, 11:34 PM
I say if you aren't needing to read it then just leave it in the bag.

That's what I'm leaning toward...but some people say that over time the bag will break down and damage the comic. I can't seem to find a definitive answer as to whether or not that is true.